Thread: Please stop nerfing the game to balance pvp.

Please stop nerfing the game to balance pvp.

Only 1 of 10 players PvP (i did i will not even go to arena anymore) but seems to me that every time funcom tryes to please those PvPers they nerf us who just like to play this game the way it is and hunt mobs chat with friends. That was with UVC then Trader nerf and now they want to nerf bracers and reflect shields.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=35808

So why our Proffesionals asked about it on PvP forums many of us dont read it so we dont even know anything about upcomign nerf.

So what i want to do is to make those proffesionals to read not only opinion of people who pvp but also opinion of people who just play this game.

So please leave your comments here on bracer issue. Do you want changes to Reflect Bracers and Reflect Shields. If yes what kind of changes.

Please keep it cool. SO no swearing and no flame.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Make bracers unique and half the reflect on bracers in PvP
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Make bracers unique and half the reflect on bracers in PvP
    Azz! you post on wrong board ^^

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I love the "make them unique" cause then everyone who already has a full set has an advantage.
    ~Chris

It is very simple actually, there are no complicated things needed to balance pvp and pvm at the same time, but it will never work actually if they continue the way they do it now, they just will make one profession uber while nerfing another and make pvm worse every time.

What must be done is change all items/nanos so they have different effects against mobs or players, two complete different rulesets for every nano and item in game. Then FC can balance everything for pvp on the one hand, and pvm on the other hand, completely without having to take into account pvm when doing pvp balancing and the other way around.

At the moment PvM gets nerfed at each new PvP balancing effort from Funcom, as all stuff works in all situations the same.

The 50% damage in pvp was a good start, now they have to unlink pvp from pvm completely and finally real balance can be achieved.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by Greystar
    The 50% damage in pvp was a good start, now they have to unlink pvp from pvm completely and finally real balance can be achieved.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why didn't they simply cut all damage by 50% and lower mob HPs to compensate? I don't like this two-games approach to PvP and PvM.

I have descided not to whine for 50% heals anymore, I will be more than satisfied witht the bracer nerf.... Why do I do that? Well, its because im a hypocrit... cause now that I am a fixer, i am the one who will benefit the most from a bracer nerf, cause I cannot use them myself in GA.

Besides, my HoTs wouldnt be that good if they were 50%, so yes, im a bad ass hypocrit, or at least, I adjust my opinion for what is best for me at any given time

Anyways, have fun with your soldiers, NTs and all other bad healers, good luck etc
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Garzu, you stink.

It's interesting watching the game design (even what little there was in AO) of MMORPG's completely unravel as thoughtless changes are introduced.

Originally posted by IronTide
    Garzu, you stink.

It's interesting watching the game design (even what little there was in AO) of MMORPG's completely unravel as thoughtless changes are introduced.
    Yeah, I stink Napalm.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

/me hands Garzu a bar of soap and points toward the sink.

Originally posted by Eleny

Maybe I'm missing something, but why didn't they simply cut all damage by 50% and lower mob HPs to compensate? I don't like this two-games approach to PvP and PvM.
    I kinda agree on that one. Well the proble with AO is mobs have to much HP. Probly they made pvm first and then tryed to "attach" pvp to it and every time they attaching pvp they just screwing up pvm.

Well its kinda clear that in game where pvp and pvm are balanced mobs have same HP. Here in AO veteran has 20k HP 16k Nano Pool veteran enforser 30k HP and so on. Real Mean Enforser about 80k HP. So to ge that funcom had o intorduce high damge wepons a damge is 2-4k. But monsters hit for 300-600.

My proposal fix for shadolands.

Bring donw mob HP to half.
    Make wepon damge reduced to half lower heals and damge from mobs.
    And you got balanced pvp and pvm system
    Ofcorce it never gonna happen.

I agree that PVM should not be screwed around with because of PVP.

The problem with reducing damage and hitpoints, though, is armor class. If damage was halved every weapon would perform, err, like pistols. So in addition to the weapon damage nerf, you'd need an armor nerf, and you'd need to reduce mob AC too. Maybe you'd also have to nerf AC buffs, and you'd still have to nerf reflects anyway. That's a lot of nerfin' and most people wouldn't like it. Me included

Personally I think the best solution is for the damage cap in PVP to be modified. Keep specials and crits capped as-is, change nanoformulas to maybe a 70% cap or so - that'll keep 1-shot/1-nuke kills or alpha strike kills from being common or easy. Uncap regular hits entirely. That should do it, really, without having to nerf anything - damage will catch up to healing and reflects. Fights won't be over in an eyeblink, but it's better than where we're at.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    I agree that PVM should not be screwed around with because of PVP.

The problem with reducing damage and hitpoints, though, is armor class. If damage was halved every weapon would perform, err, like pistols. So in addition to the weapon damage nerf, you'd need an armor nerf, and you'd need to reduce mob AC too. Maybe you'd also have to nerf AC buffs, and you'd still have to nerf reflects anyway. That's a lot of nerfin' and most people wouldn't like it. Me included

Personally I think the best solution is for the damage cap in PVP to be modified. Keep specials and crits capped as-is, change nanoformulas to maybe a 70% cap or so - that'll keep 1-shot/1-nuke kills or alpha strike kills from being common or easy. Uncap regular hits entirely. That should do it, really, without having to nerf anything - damage will catch up to healing and reflects. Fights won't be over in an eyeblink, but it's better than where we're at.
    Upcap regular damage? In 6 seconds, I could do up to 13K in damage.........; and that is with no specials. Is that what you want? Just food for thought.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

With 72% reflect (2 bracers + soldier buff) that 13k becomes about 3.6k damage. That's a big part of the reason why healers are so powerful now... the damage cap plus the reflects makes us very, very hard to kill.

How do you do 13k damage without specials or crits in 3 shots (assuming 1/1 speed, you'd get 3 shots in 6 seconds) is what I'd want to know - that's ~4.3k per shot.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    With 72% reflect (2 bracers + soldier buff) that 13k becomes about 3.6k damage. That's a big part of the reason why healers are so powerful now... the damage cap plus the reflects makes us very, very hard to kill.

How do you do 13k damage without specials or crits in 3 shots (assuming 1/1 speed, you'd get 3 shots in 6 seconds) is what I'd want to know - that's ~4.3k per shot.
    X-3 rifle, 6 second 100% crit nano, I can get off 4 shots while the nano is running, and like I like said, up to 13K, 4 x 3580ish per shot. Remember, not everyone has bracers, or would be healed by a doc.
    Heck, I have taken people out with 3 shots, after armor and what not, shots were 1500-1800 each of non AS damage.
    Short of removing items, or making all buffs self only, I personally doubt PvP will be "balanced".

RK1

Yes but I said crits, along with specials, should remain capped... that's why I wasn't counting them and wondered how you'd do so much damage with non-crit shots (I rightly believed it was impossible).

As for balancing PvP - not everyone has bracers or outside buffs... and that's sort of imbalancing... but then again like war in real life, the better-equipped and better-prepared fighter will have an advantage, sometimes a crushing one.

I don't think PvP should be perfectly balanced, that's not realistically possible. But as it stands it really seems that there needs to be a better balance between healing, reflects, AC, and damage in PvP, and the better way to strike that balance would be to at least partially un-cap damage, and maybe to make some PvP changes to reflects.

Concurrent with the increase in damage, more realistic PvP engagement limits should be implemented, so level 150s can't kill level 75s anymore.

I don't know, maybe bring back pre 12.6 combat and leave things as they are? <shrug>
    From what I have seen, the winner of a fight is one who has the most HPs. I.E., if a person can boost their HP to 10k, and has reflect, well, who can defeat that under the current system?

RK1

Originally posted by Grupert
    I don't know, maybe bring back pre 12.6 combat and leave things as they are? <shrug>
    From what I have seen, the winner of a fight is one who has the most HPs. I.E., if a person can boost their HP to 10k, and has reflect, well, who can defeat that under the current system?
    doctor with same buffs jobe and BHE

Reflect needs the UVC nerf treatment.
    In an identical way. Except we dont need MoP. We have bracers instead.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

well i dont pvp..... and when i sued to pvp i didnt care what kind of reflect you have. I could switch around 3 damge types. So basicaly you need realy good set of bracers to fight me. Well rrf is another issue. But dont touch bracers. bracers is the only way for most classes to solo.