Thread: Lifeless Immortality and The Longest Road Pact

Lifeless Immortality and The Longest Road Pact

People of Rubi-Ka. I am Clan. As clan, we do not value Omni-Tek polices and procedures. We do not value wealth and political gain. For this, Omni has labeled us rebels and branded us criminals. Omni-Pol Guards have attacked us on site. When the amnesty took effect the Omni-Pol Guards ceased fire as they were ordered, but Omni-Tek Employees assumed their position.

Even through thick and thin our demands remain the same. Respect our decision to live as we please. Let us roam freely throughout the planet, without persecution. Or, revert control of the planet back to the people. Either way, our goal of freedom can be achieved.

As Clan, we all want this. But we are going about it in different ways. Some people attack Omni-Tek employees at will, others with peaceful debate or protest, and some ignore the world around them. Unless we can come up with a common method of protest our voices will be scattered and passed off as random noise. Our message won't be heard.

Clans people. We have to unite with one common method. Unless we can shout freedom in unison our random noise will fade. Omni-Tek will defeat us.

Lifeless Immortality has formed for the following purposes:

-Unite the Clans (determine the best cause of action for freedom). With many voices shouting the same message in unison we will be heard. Omni-Tek will listen to our demand. We will be independent.

-Locate and remove/expose Omni-Tek Spies. We cannot fully stand and shout in unison if Clan impostors are among us.

-Promote growth through free exchange. Remember, as Clan we are not about wealth. We gladly exchange armor, buffs, implants and weapons with one another to grow as we chose.

-The Longest Road Pact. We don't expect everyone to join Lifeless Immortality, but we do expect Clan guilds to unite in the fight for freedom. Currently, in its initial stage, The Longest Road Pact is our way of promoting Clan unity. We strongly urge all guilds to participate in The Longest Road Pact.

We are seeking guilds to step forward and assist in the unification process. The frame work for The Longest Road Pact has begun, but it is the unity of the Clans that will create the pact and put forth its use.

Abram "Cemetarygate" Kerans
    Lifeless Immortality, President
    Martial Artist, 97

http://www.sonoftime.com/LifelessImmortality

RK1
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Dec 14th, 2001 at 01:14:27.

freedom

Ok,

I have seen and heard this time and time again a cry for freedom. Fair enough but freedom how as you are not locked up, you have your own land, our own house and you can do pretty much what you want.

So I cannot see how any more free you can be really. Also dont forget that the clans are not the people of this planet they have no right to be here. The planet was populated by the neutrals before ICC gave the lease of the planet to Omni-Tek.

Based on this its hard to see you have any other motive other than political gain, to replace by some means Omni-Tek by your own goals.

All of your statements are about structure or political gain, not once have you stated what it is your group stands for other than trying to build a political party.

Also what about this statement

Clan will not participate in Omni-Tek polices and procedures; and will not assist Omni-Tek Employees in wealth and political gain. Clans participating in these actions have "Omni-Tek like" characteristics and will be considered Omni-Tek spies, or traitors; exposed for who they are so their actions may not prevent our goal of freedom

Talk about persecution, not only are you going to persecute against any Omni-Tek employee but you also going to persecute any clan member that as you define show Omni like characteristics. You call this freedom !!!!. It sounds more like a dictatorship.

Post As always some usurpers hided behind pretty words!

Another "freedom" madman has spoken.
    Kirrana has already shown you are nothing but powermongering thugs jumping at the chance to TERMINATE anything that is not like you. No diversivness seems to be allowed to exist in your "freedom".
    The clan people thinking like you are pathetic! The only thing your "pact" will cause is another incentive for more radical elements on both sides to have a go at you with arms!

You "Cemetarygate" proclaim you want freedom !?!?!!?!? An extreme fascist policestate to say the least is what I read in your message, a very deadly one if you dare voice a different opinion then yours! Is that freedom? If so you are even more mad than I first thought.

In Omni-Tek you are allowed to be free and work for the corporation!
    People of Rubi-Ka, do not be mislead by these madmen that just seeks to plunge the planet into some war there only will be 2 loosing sides on. War is good for noone.

Omni-Tek is already taking the first steps to ensure peace and prosperity for all people calling Rubi-ka its home:
    Amnesty!
    Lay down your arms and report in to the nearest correction facility and Join our family now!

Omni-Tek brings order to chaos.

--Dion "Relay" Clyburn
    --Exec of Public relation, Bureau42
    --GalwayPact members
    -- www.bureau42.org

Mr. Kerans, I would be surprised if even a small percentage of the Clans will approve of this "pact". You saw what happened to Red Freedom, is this what you wish for your friends and loved ones?

Also, as Relay explained, this will be an excellent opportunity for the more extremist groups withing Omni-Tek to act against the Clans. You are giving us the excuse we need, and I'm sure Chairman Ross wouldn't object if a few hundred anti-OT clanners were silenced.

Please think about what you are doing, the amnesty is your last hope for peace.

I can't help but notice that most Omni-Tek employees associate "freedom" with "violence." Omni-Reform did their job well. Maybe you should stop shaking in your shoes at the mere mention of "thinking outside the box" for a second, and consider a world where a person has the right to chose their own path. I say "go mine this notum" and you say "no, I'd rather go pick daisies" and you have that right. Imagine it. Consider it. Don't be scared of it.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Luxxan:

No, this is not what we fear..

We fear those among the clans that confuses the word freedom with the phrase
    "Lets destroy OmniTek property, and kill some of theire employees"
    and unfortunnaly theres a whole lot of that confusion among the clans..

About this freedom of speech, that the clans, and mind you, some within OmniTek as well, that thursts for power will use to seduced people that lack a strong will.

OmniTek never has been and never will be against freedom of speech or you thinking for your self. Fact is, OmniTek encourage that. The only restriction the company have is that it will not lead to profit, if some ordanary "John Doe" will try to think FOR the company.

Desisions concerning the company, should be made within the company, by those educated to think for the company.

As a regular employee it is quite ok for you to walk among the daisys as much as you want, though you will of course not be paid, as if you had been mining Notum...

As employee of OmniTek it is realy up to you to live the way you want, as long as youre not trying to make descions for the company.

So, please do not listen to those trying to spread confusion, anarchy, terrorism and split between us. We are all from the same genetical line, we are the same.

Within OmniTek theres unity, peace trust and freedom!
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

In response to...

In response to Kirrana:

You can't see how much more free we can be? How about the freedom to travel the planet as we please. How about the freedom to walk through 4-Holes, Meetmedere, Omni-HQ or Stret West Bank without being taunted or attacked by Omni-Tek employees? How about that freedom?

"The planet was populated by the neutrals before ICC gave the lease of the planet to Omni-Tek." Yes, and it was those same neutrals that rebelled and became Clan when ICC took the planet right out from under their feet. Why, because ICC stood to gain more with Omni-Tek in control, instead of the neutrals? Omni's deep pockets? Or, because ICC couldn't stand up to the hyper corporation that Omni-Tek has become?

(Out of character : Truthfully, I don't know if ICC turned control of the planet to OT with or without the neutrals permission. I didn't want to take the time to find out, so I've role played as though ICC did it without permission. If I'm wrong, I'll continue role play as though my character is ignorant. Should make for more interesting debate knowing you're right and I'm wrong! lol But since I really don't know, can someone fill me in?)

I don't understand how you feel we are "trying to build a political party." At no time have we asked the guilds to follow our lead. We have asked that the Clans work together in our common goal of freedom. How is asking people to help one another a means for us to create a political party?

And to the statement you are referring to, we are not persecuting our own people. We are protecting ourselves against Omni-Tek, since they have posted spies within the Clan guilds to disrupt our way of life. We are asking our people to find these spies and expose them, so they hurt no one.

Don't insult my intelligence by stating we are attempting to become a dictatorship. You and I both know you have Omni-Tek Spies posing as Clan to bring us down. More Omni-Tek propaganda to disrupt our way of life!

In response to Relay:

What are you talking about? "Powermongering thugs jumping at the chance to TERMINATE anything that is not like you." At what point did I declare all out war against Omni-Tek? I didn't.

You've continually generalized us as one type of people - violent. Why? Are you filled with that much rage that you cannot but help think of violence? Has Omni-Tek brainwashed you into thinking of us that way?

See, this is the kind of persecution I'm talking about. I put out a cry for help to my fellow Clans people and you've attacked me as though I'm out to destroy the world. This is exactly the kind of stuff we want stopped.

I'm glad you see our "pact" as an "incentive for more radical elements." Whether we stand in arms, or stand with open arms, Omni-Tek can see we stand together.

And I will never give up what little freedom I do have to join the corporation. Remember folks, join and "sign a mulitple-lifetime tenure contract with Omni-Tek, forfeiting signer's legal rights in perpetuity."

You are an individual, don't become property of the corporation!

In response to MrTreatime:

Why does every person in Omni-Tek think we're about violence?

/me throws his hands in the air and walks away shaking his head.

Abram "Cemetarygate" Kerans

Unhappy

I will not preach, as I have found that rather useless in the past.

I also wont really attempt to explain my opinion, as the general responses to that are 'uncaring bastard,' 'clan sympathizer,' 'unificationist,' (on the other end of the spectrum) 'anarchist,' or simply 'idiot.'

I will only say this; no ideal can be followed perfectly. No one is a true omni, and no one perfectly follows their clan's ideals. In theory, every form of government is perfect. In reality, none is. This is because we are all humans, blessed with the power of creative thinking, a trait which sets us apart from anything else, even machines. If we were machines, none of this would be happening, but that would be rather dull, wouldnt you say? Make of that what you will....
    The whole conflict is laughable, it really is. Very few people get the joke, and even fewer laugh at it.

-Member of the IR

Arrow I beg to differ!

Omni-Tek is close to perfect. OT is the largest galaxyspanning corporation humankind has ever known to date!
    Omni-Tek is one great glorious family!!

Well, mr Cemetary...
    You seem to have missed out on several Omni-reform classes indeed.
    Rubi-ka is not and never will be your planet. It is Omni-Teks planet. So any form of "fighting" for your "freedom" is a kind of declaration of war against Rubi-Ka's rightful rulers = Omni-Tek.

Accept the Amnesty and rejoin the family while you still have the chance. The OT employees patience is running thin. Every day we get reports of Clan terrorists breaking the seizefire.

Join the family now, or be prepared to face the consequences.

Actualy, as has been brought up several times before, omni-tek does not own Rubi-ka, it has merely leased the mining rights. Thus, both neutrals and clans have perfect rights to be there. If the opposite were true, both would have been wiped out by the ICC long ago...

As for your claim as omni being almost perfect, I guess I should let you think what you will. But, please do define perfection for me, and what it entails. I mean, maybe it is perfect for you, who am I to say otherwise, it just isn't so for me or many others.

Finaly, if you believe Omni-Tek is one big happy family, look at DC. Look at TBA. Look at all those who constantly bicker and violate regulations. Maybe this family should go inot group therapy...
    The whole conflict is laughable, it really is. Very few people get the joke, and even fewer laugh at it.

-Member of the IR

Why can't you all just get along? The Clans want independance? fine give them it. Omni wants profit, give them that...sheesh, just stop all this violence, all its accomplishes is yet more violence. You're all just asking for all out conflict when their are bigger concerns for the safety of humanity on Rubi-ka and the galaxy as a whole. Stop the bickering, and see the light and maybe as one we can stop the darkness which edges ever closer to our lives on Rubi-ka.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!