Thread: Mission booths

Unhappy Mission booths

I think the mission booth system needs a real overhaul. Its just completely irritating to camp the things when you need a specific item. You need to:

* right click
    * hit the drop down
    * adjest 3 or 4 sliders
    * hit request mission
    * shift-left click mission
    * scroll down
    * shift-left click reward

And then you have a 1/200 shot of getting what you want. Its really not fun! I would suggest that the system be overhauled a bit:

* right click booth
    * adjust number of missions pulled (up to 50 or 100)
    * look at browsable long list, lists mission icons next to reward icons

One possibiliy is to offer exactly one of each reward type - that is, one purple crystal, one pair of pants, one blue crystal, one item of clothing, etc. The current system is just too slow and too hard on the wrists

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Hm, I think it was ment to be that way, you know, randomly ?

It is somehow not the same fun 'finding' a ql200 aug nanocloak if all I had to do was to go to a booth, adjust a few sliders, have the nanocloak mission come right up - ready, done, finished. IMHO the randomness is part of the playability. And I think you are way to optimistic if you think you have a 1/200 chance of getting that item you are really looking for

Nanogater

PS: After you have adjusted the sliders to where you want them all you have to do is to nudge one of them a tiny bit and press request again to get five new missions, but I guess you knew that already. S
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Originally posted by Nanogater
    Hm, I think it was ment to be that way, you know, randomly ?

It is somehow not the same fun 'finding' a ql200 aug nanocloak if all I had to do was to go to a booth, adjust a few sliders, have the nanocloak mission come right up - ready, done, finished. IMHO the randomness is part of the playability. And I think you are way to optimistic if you think you have a 1/200 chance of getting that item you are really looking for

Nanogater

PS: After you have adjusted the sliders to where you want them all you have to do is to nudge one of them a tiny bit and press request again to get five new missions, but I guess you knew that already. S
    Ah didn't know that about the slider - that would definitly help! Anyway, my real beef is time. Eventually, you will get what you're looking for. Problem is, sometimes you *need* the item just to be functional, for instance meta pets. So are you essentially being forced to waste time. As it stands, we pay for the privilege of waiting around for simply a chance to get the items we need - something could definitely be done to make it better.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

One idea behind this is to get a market working, you dont have to find the nano you look for first, sometimes items show up that is of the same value or more. Get that item instead, go sell it and try to find someone selling the item you want. In a faction this make it even more easier as you can ask people help you look for nanos or other items.

Megabio
    ...I'm just tired of getting clothes in what-should-be-QL-170-180 missions.
    ~Chris