Thread: IRRK: Who is Tarkhan Zora?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Who is Tarkhan Zora?

Who is Tarkhan Zora?
    Editor IRRK
    August 19 29479

IRRK - Tarkhan Zora. A few weeks ago anyone on Rubi-Ka would have been hard pressed to know who he was, but for a select few, he is not so much an unknown.

As a reporter on Rubi-Ka for some forty years I have heard his name in passing, and the announcement from Omni-Tek of his appointment had me searching through my old notes for names and places.

We do know that Zora has been in the Unicorn Company for at least two decades (although it's possibly longer, given the nature of the Unicorns not all their campaigns are recorded.) and it is a fairly safe assumption that he was originally a counter-intelligence agent.

It is recorded that he became an officer after receiving several commendations during the successful campaign against the Sol banking corporation in the Metaplast mining rings around Averais II

Additional commendations are noted throughout his career in various military databases and certainly whilst not a prominent figure politically, he clearly became well respected amongst the Omni-Tek military elite. Several officers stationed on Rubi-Ka down the years have off the record spoken of his clear thinking and tactical acumen. Whatever the fine details of his service record, he was appointed to the Unicorn central command in 29469.

He also served on Rubi-Ka, twice before. In 29466, in the aftermath of the 'Black October' Dust Brigade attacks, he was an intelligence liaison assigned to Philip Ross' command staff. He was responsible for collecting large amounts of intelligence information on the Dust Brigade and possible links to either the clans or other corporations. Those that remember him from this time recall him having a firm and in-depth knowledge of the political set-up on Rubi-Ka.

His presence at that time is sure to engender distrust from the clans. It is well known that Philip Ross' response to the Black October attacks, destruction of the old subway network and many civilian casualties, was considered an over reaction. If Zora's counsel was part of that decision…well…that's best left to the clans to comment on.

He also returned to Rubi-ka in 29470 as a military advisor to the diplomatic team that signed the addendum to the Tir Accord. From speaking to various clan officials that took part in those negotiations, I get the impression he was an influential figure when it came to convincing the Omni-Prime board that abandoning the northern facilities once and for all was an acceptable loss….if it meant strengthening their southern assets. A man of compromise? Only time will tell!

He has of course most recently been assigned as the Unicorn advisor to the Omni-prime board of directors, a position in which he again worked around the fringes of Rubi-Ka politics, and undoubtedly has the ear of the board of directors…or at least some of them.

What does all this tell us? Draw your own conclusions but it is apparent to this neutral that as ever with Rubi-Ka politics, this situation is not black and white. Zora is a strong figure and certainly not a Unicorn lackey or a figurehead put in place to facilitate the escalation of hostilities of Rubi-Ka. A military man through and through no doubt, but one who has shown some skill in the diplomatic sphere as well, and certainly a man the Omni board seem to trust to secure their future on Rubi-Ka.

To me things are getting clearer, now I just need time and more foundings to link things together.

Reporter has one mistake tho.

A man of compromise, no. A man of tactic, yes.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Personally I have been around Rubi-Ka for a long time indeed. I have never heard of this... Tarkhan Zora. Though as a subcontracter to several Omni Orginizations in my time I must denounce this mans leadership ability. During his recent rule of Omni-Tek's assests on Rubi-Ka have been compromised. I am of course refering to the recent attack on 2HO and in addition the loss of nearly every notum mining outpost worth mentioning in the entirety for Omni. We retain some of these mining instillations but they are so trivial it's not truely worth the mention. He's doing a fine job if your voting for the clans.

-Mirm

Mirm please keep in mind that the man has not even set foot on the planet yet. Maybe we should give him time to arrive before we start demanding things from him.

Also , I think a man capable of making compromises is essential if one wants a leader for Omni Tek Rubi Ka. Mr.Ross is a master and I hope Mr.Zora can prove himself aswell. There is no need to choose between being a good compromiser and a good tactician. From what I understand Zora is both and that is a devilishly good combination for a negotiator.

Ironically, I think maybe this is the kind of man who could have saved the clans from themselfes... Unfortunately, he is too clever to be clan.

Being realistic the only man within the clans who could be called a "leader" these days (though ,god forbid, anyone should try and tell them what to do...) is Simon Silverstone. Who would you choose? A man like Mr.Zora? Or a madman like Silverstone?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Thus, Brutus, did my master bid me kneel:
    Thus did Mark Antony bid me fall down;
    And, being prostrate, thus he bade me say:
    Brutus is noble, wise, valiant, and honest;
    Caesar was mighty, bold, royal, and loving:
    Say I love Brutus, and I honour him;
    Say I fear'd Caesar, honour'd him and loved him.
    If Brutus will vouchsafe that Antony
    May safely come to him, and be resolved
    How Caesar hath deserved to lie in death,
    Mark Antony shall not love Caesar dead
    So well as Brutus living; but will follow
    The fortunes and affairs of noble Brutus
    Thorough the hazards of this untrod state
    With all true faith. So says my master Antony.
    A communique from the Voice of Rubi-Ka group.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Being realistic the only man within the clans who could be called a "leader" these days (though ,god forbid, anyone should try and tell them what to do...) is Simon Silverstone. Who would you choose? A man like Mr.Zora? Or a madman like Silverstone?
    Silverstone, of course.

You should be ashamed Astera. Naefen is just ignorant boy, but you should know better than calling Silverstone leader (at least in such specific terms as Naefen used).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Big difference there, Trgeorge...

Silverstone leads a clan with his ideals, just as you led Cerebus. He doesn't lead the clans as a whole. Who are you, me or Naefen there to tell anyone how to run their clan? Is it your place to judge who is a leader when your ideals are different? I, on the other hand, thought YOU (someone with different views from my own) were a good leader.

Circumstance is what creates change. You change or you die. The clans ARE becoming more aggressive because a lot more of us see things like this Tarkhan Zora and his speeches. As harmless as they may seem, the perceived underlying tone of them is making quite a few of us stock up on ammunition. I read the article and have already gained a sort of respect for him and his accomplishments...and the rumors i've heard of the Unicorn Company in action are that they should be credited for winning the Corporate Wars for Omni Tek. Thats no small accomplishment...and should be a splash of cold water in the face of just who we're dealing with.

Well first of thanks of compliment, but actuall president might not like it (just a pawn here, with one or two bonuses. Maybe something like a jester...).

Yes, Simon leads Sentinels and has suport group of clans that would and do jump at his word. But with strong personality he rarely leaves any maneuring space...either you agree or disagree, like him or hate him. Most Legacy leaders are like that. And with that, I can't really see Simon or any other leader really uniting clanners. Not that we need a person to unite us, after all we have a cause that does that. But we still need someone to coordinate our efforts. And even if such coordinator would be considered leader, sadly I don't see Silverstone in such a role.

As for Unicorns and Zora....Zora surely crawes power. Whether as a part of Omni-Tek or simply as a warlock, noone can tell. His assosiation with OT bad boys only shows he ain't stoping for noone. But from article based on rumors and hear say, I can't really see where his repute of strategist or military leader comes from. His skill of information gathering and processing can be also held for questioning. After all, we have seen Unicorn orders contradicting orders issued to other OT departments and we know current Unicorn personel is prone to bribes. Not that I'm complaining, let them suffucate in their own corruption and let them kill each other if they wish. But I rather judge a man by his action than based on second hand information.

Yeah, I know Jasper runs it and you have every right to your opinion, it just doesn't mean I have to agree with it or put up with it without responding.

I think, if anything, Zora is going to unite us better than any of the clan leaders can. I do agree with you somewhat about leadership of the Clans as a whole. The Council of Truth is a very fine stepping stone towards a true democratic clan government when we run Omni Tek off of the planet. After that, most of us war mongers will fade away or move on to another war torn planet...I promise.

I might be the ignorant fool Trgeorge, but if you have a real close look at my post you might notice I didnt actually call him a leader....

And, what I said is the truth, not ignorant blabber.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Indeed, you called him "leader". Same as you branded yourself as fool....I didn't used that expresion.

But you lost me with truth, not ignorant blabber. What exactly did you say? To wait till you start demanding stuff from mr.Zora? I don't think you're in position to demand anything from him. Madman vs. a good compromiser and a good tactician? Well, hard to choose, since they are at oposite camps and one is only a "leader". Mr. Zora might not be too happy that you're considering alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen

Being realistic the only man within the clans who could be called a "leader" these days ?
    Not a leader.

And yes, what I am saying is that people shouldnt start demanding too much of the man or cry out about how awful he is before he has even set foot on the planet.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    I think, if anything, Zora is going to unite us better than any of the clan leaders can.
    You mean as in "an external enemy leads to internal unity?" I think you may be right..
    (Or if not unity - I don't see that happening anytime soon - then at least less internal strife..)

Yes, it's true that it's better to judge Zora from his deeds than mere rumours but I think it is safe to say that he's quite a decent tactician, if not strategist, and very able to change with circumstances, seeking compromise when required. After all, he's risen to the top levels of the Unicorns command chain, not to mention been sent here as temp for Ross. That's not something achieved easily at all.
    Let us not underestimate this guy, just as we shouldn't be overly afraid of him. Instead, let us respect him and watch him to learn how he acts/reacts that we may better know how to deal with him.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I think that the Omni-Tek Home office releases were not properly understood. I see alot of people stating that Tarkhen is here as a temp. He is not, he is here to perminantely replace Boss Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashanachar
    He is not, he is here to perminantely replace Boss Ross.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Office politics are a biatch.. especially during wartime.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I've seen a definate upscale to the number of unicorns, stationed in the oddest places... near the Temple of the Three Winds portal? I saw 5 of those huge ones clamped together as if playing one of those children's games with the ring of children and someone in the middle.

Perhaps extra security for Tarkhan?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.