Thread: The Return Of Radiman!?!?

Exclamation The Return Of Radiman!?!?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...manreturn.html

Radiman is back?

I dont know about you all, but I think his gross dereliction of duty is grounds for removal from office.

Impeach Radiman!!

He's voted in?

You mean you lot cast votes and did the whole ballot thing? I thought he was top dog because he stood up in the Tir Council room and shouted very very loudly for a while.

I will never understand you clan types. You're just odd.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Red face

Oh, my, god. I'm almost flabergasted. Henry Radiman speaks.

That's about all it takes, guys. That didn't crash a zone and probably made a lot of people happy. (Obviously, not everyone as he wasn't walking in Tir and Aberic didn't have a chance to shoot him. But, it's 'better than nothing' as we say.)

Now, just flesh out what he was doing during his sabbatical and yer back on the right track.

Great job to all the guilds and people protesting against CoT, we might not have had this letter. I hope this CoT meeting does happen soon.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bionitrous

Now, just flesh out what he was doing during his sabbatical and yer back on the right track.
    (ooc)
    Um... just playing devil's advocate here but why would he tell the general public what he did on his own private pilgrimage? Of course, that doesn't rule out any entreprenuering reporter that provides the scoop.

This is just something to think about before we turn the storyline into a "before I kill you Mr. Bond" exposition simply because of our desire for information.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Post High Alert!

Transmission Status......................Online...............

We at Omni Tek Issue a warning to all Clan Members to guard Radiman well.

Transmission Status............................Offline......... ..............
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Well, when your at a crossroads sometimes the best thing to do is to go on walk about to find out where to go next. Now that he is back he has to do his best to win over Clan morale or someone else may replace him. He might have been appointed leader by the main Clans like Sentinels, New Dawn etc..

It was said he was such a good tactician that it almost felt as if he was predicting the future, pretty good for a man who owned a bookstore. In my opinion he is very mysterious...but not to be underestimated.

Time for change is now.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

So, Now What?

One measly, silly letter isn't going to restore Radiman to his original position as main spokesperson for the Clans. He abdicated months ago, and he can't just step right back as if nothing has happened, as if his authority shouldn't be questioned. Well, we now question his authority. What's up Radiman? Let's see what you are made of!

Originally posted by Bionitrous

In Response to Bionitrous: Who really cares what he was doing? If someone is wasting time trying to rationalize Radiman's abscence when they could be developing stuff for him to do in the future, it will be a shame. In the coming days, weeks and months we will be watching for weakness and inactivity. If we deem Radiman's performance inadequate, all the plans that were laid aside shall be reinstitued WITH A VENGEANCE! We will not be teased or placated like children. Radiman! Put up or shut up. Lead, or get out of the way.

Originally posted by Tikon

We at Omni Tek Issue a warning to all Clan Members to guard Radiman well.
    Since most don't remember Radiman, and since I know of noone who holds him in high regard, why don't you do us all a favor and attempt to carry through with your bold threat! Radiman fearing for his 'life' and running around screaming for protection is better than the Radiman of the recent past. However, a cause more interesting than just protecting Radiman had better be in the works, else Radiman will just be ignored.

I have hopes Radiman can restore some interest in the political structure on Rubi-Ka, but my comrades and I aren't holding our breath. One week of inactivity, and all bets are off.

Typothetae
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

And there I thought Radiman was one of the major reasons that the Civil War ended and the Clans were given almost total autonomy over half the planet.

Don't know how much you can ask for than that.

I smell - CLONE!!!!!!

Yeah but is it really Radiman?

Radiman? who is that?

/me hopes some stories will be coming up
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Wink

The past was the past, if Radiman continues to do nothing then we will need a new leader because a silent leader is not a leader at all. So if Radiman doesn't dsay one word for 2-3 weeks, be ready for some conflict within the Clans.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Reason I pointed out that they need to flesh out the missing months is because it's supposed to be a Story.

If you read a story and one of the protagonists simply goes away in Chapter 4 and comes back in Chapter 21 without so much as an explanation, that's not good storytelling. Storytelling, yes. Good storytelling, no.

Just because Radiman is back, it doesn't make everything all right. As part of a well told story, there should be some ramifications to his absence. He learned something while he was away, he made a new alliance, perhaps it's not Radiman at all (remember the last Video?). Point is, that you don't just drop and restart characters like you do in TV Soaps.

This is supposed to be a well told Story and I don't appreciate deux ex machina. I believe that's the term where a story teller simply creates some mechanism to 'explain' something that just don't work. Kinda 'forcing' things to move along.

We are entitled as listeners to a recount of Radiman's revelations and perhaps some of his exploits (even if they are lies told by a clone).

A protaganist who goes away and instantly reappears with no rhyme or reason for the in-between is NOT good storytelling.

FunCom is our Dungeon Master. Least we can do is expect them to do a good job. I never paid any Dungeon Master thirteen bucks a month to do a crappy job when I was a kid and I wouldn't expect to do so now.

But this whole absence wasn't even planned, why would they create more about it? The past few months were uneventful and you expect a better explananation? I can see if there were many battles or other major events and he wasn't around we'd need more, but there wasn't. This explanation makes perfect sense under the circumstances. People are already reacting to his absence in game, and some people will probably hold it against him. So this small story element works. If it were any bigger of an event it would make much less sense.

Maybe the character that plays Radiman was away on vacation so they cam up with an IC excuse on the lines on a "vacation". Guess the person who plays ross is still on vacation.

Hehehehe im thinking out loud again, sorry.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1