Thread: Platinum Ingot

Platinum Ingot

I've played AO quite a lot over the past year but have come across a platinum ingot only once. I got it in a mission, but I forget if it was from a chest or from a mob. I've never found anything that produced a platinum ingot when melted. These ingots appear to be extremely rare. If it was my engineer or trader who had found it instead of my enforcer, I would have made a ring out of it by now. Maybe this weekend I'll get someone to transfer it to my trader.

Got a platinum ingot myself last night, heh said my ME was too low so it will have to wait a bit.

Also you can reclaim Platinum from certain items... most commonly IQ rings and reflect bracers I think.

Most peeps seem to think this a waste but with the bracers I don;t think so as they are no drop
    Onariz

Ill pay you twice the shop price for the ingots
    ::Godkill - Forsaken Enforcer::
    :: Level 200 and rising ::
    "this letting atroxes get away with murderously stupid things simply by saying "<- trox" is a breed/prof advantage." - Thyrra

Question

Would be nice to know which IQ rings and/or reflect bracers give platinum ingots. And what about rings of power? If anyone finds out, please reply to this post.

I was having trouble selling a +8 energy damage ring and decided to just throw it into my rings/gems/bracers, etc. backpack. I did an IPR on my ME and Pharma Tech at around level 43. I'm level 47 now and can't wait to get to level 50. When IP is more plentiful, I'll raise them again.