Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: CEO Tarhkan Zora Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    But do you think it was really that strange that they would interrogate this....Cord even though he is a ranger with blades as chosen weapon?
    Also, if you have an ounce of self respect and your supposed to interrogate and investigate in a situation as big and crucial as that very assasination attempt you would be a failure unless you rounded up "the usual subjects". Wouldnt you agree?

I could present you with names of more clanners who was inside Omni Ent at the exact time of the shooting Legaron but since you are on your side of the fence, and I am on mine.... I wont.

((00c: You are RK1 and I am RK2 so ofcourse we wont ever agree upon this. On RK2 a clan agent was in Omni Ent and he was also brought in for questioning... along with some others wich names came up. Even some Omni`s were arrested ))
    Fine fine...

[aaaaaah that clears things up ]
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

The man is not even on the planet yet and the bickering already begins? It seems prudent to me that Omni-Tek sends a man with military background onto a planet under siege. And since the arrival of the Aliens this is precisely the situation we are in, all of us. He is a soldier with a background in the infamous Unicorn Company. That is not very promising to start with indeed but I will pass on any judgement until he has really arrived on the planet's surface.

He has given an impressive speech but talk is cheap. We have had much in the way of words from Ross and Radiman over the course of the last years. The only tangible result was the Tir Accord which was later unilaterally revoked by Mr. Ross, resulting in more unnecessary bloodshed on all sides and eventually led to Mr. Silverstone's control over Tir.

However, talking of "rogue factions" makes me wonder who he really means. Frankly, I do not feel addressed. It would seem to me that there are more than one rogue department within OTRK. Indeed "crimes against the rightful authorities" have been rampant - I think there are a lot of things to clean up after the extended absence of Mr. Ross. Not that some departments have ever bothered much with the directives given to them to start with, but without any noticeable leadership at all, things seem to be a bit out of control in general. Mr. Zora will have his hands full getting all this internal disorder sorted out and he will also have to deal with the aliens, the newest nemesis to this planet.

Clans and Omni-Tek have a long history of bloodshed but at the same time, neither of us tolerated any "outsiders" messing around on Rubi-Ka. If Mr. Zora will continue to work with all other factions on Rubi-Ka to defend our planet against the alien incursion, we might be able to set aside past differences and work out a path for a better future for all of us.

It is my hope that he has seen enough bloodshed and gained enough first-hand knowledge of civil war to know that such wars cannot be won with weapons.
    The clans have stood against the overwhelming odds of the armed juggernaut of the Omni-Tek armies for centuries and survived. The neutrals were able to create their own autonomous realms. We are all here to stay, so we might just as well try to get along with each other in a more civilized way.

Then again, it has never been humanity's way to live in peace.

Regards

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

(OOC: Before I get into my next line of character assassination and nastiness, I can assure that I'm one of the nicest people IRL you'll probably ever meet, and I'm no troll. This, to me, is enoyable to keep up my debating skills as well as explore the nature of a set of circumstances where neither side is particularly good, nor right, but one where your own perspective clouds the real truth, the old three sides to every story theory. Yours, mine and then the truth, which no one ever really touches upon, and that is assuming that there is a real "truth" to any of it, which there really isn't. It's more like true politics. It's nasty, it's always vindictive and seldom does truth enter into it. It's more along the lines of trying to persuade using your best tools at hand.

My inspiration comes from Thomas Jefferson, actually, who was a very skilled politician pretending to be a humble farmer type, who is truly the Revolutionary Renaissance Man. While writing in various party screeds, he was always taking the high ground while stabbing his political opponents square in the back, and in a very vicious fashion, which is what I try to emulate. Yet he was probably the most accomplished man of his time in so many respects, and while I'm not in his league, my education level and own particular bevy of talents are along the same line (if I may be so bold). I never do intend these to be personal attacks, and if it seems that way, my apologies. One more thing, we are too long winded, and these should be truncated, I think...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyflie
    What it means, is that if the Sentinels choose to attack a omni outpost, Omni-Tek will respond in kind. That is kind of a no brainer. He doesn't say he is going to hunt you all down and wipe you from the face of the earth. You "interpret" him as saying that. I am not trying to persuade anyone, I am just pointing out that you in fact have taken his words, put a evil omni slant on them for the benefit of your clan propaganda.
    No, I'm not putting any slant on anything. You may try to persuade others that his statements are merely rhetoric, but I don't take them that way. He sounds like he means business. And of course, you ignore the fact that OT intelligence agents were caught red handed scanning out Clan troop dispositions, and therefore the Sentinel response was in kind and appropriate, given that you don't do this kind of tactical intelligence gathering unless you plan to do something soon. As anyone with any military background will tell you, intelligence of a tactical nature is only useful for a very short period of time, because the situation on the ground will change and therefore invalidate the intelligence. When some business puke comes in and tries to explain to an ex-soldier (counterintelligence billet, to be precise) the facts of the battlefield, I have to jump in and smack stuff about. And I rather enjoy it, too.

I find it so interesting that everyone is up in arms about Zora's military background, when Ross himself came from a military background.
    I think that anyone who served in the military has blood on his hands, and the following orders bit doesn't cut it when you do it for evil ends. Most soldiers do things for evil ends, but the justification given can always be twisted to sound "moral", at least for your own narrow purposes and for a short period of time. But the proof is in the taste of the pudding, not the pudding itself. Judge ye not a tree by the bark it wears, but by the fruit it bears (I just love quoting the Bible, since I love a good retribution). Ross showed that he had some diplomatic skills, and Radiman at least partially trusted him in the end. Not so with Zora. The Unicorns have a long history of bloodiness, and it's indicative of the man in charge, unless he sucks as a leader and has no control over his troops, which in essence is even worse. Nothing worse than someone who allows over-zealous troops to run wild. Which one is it then?

Ah, but see he never said he wanted to do -YOU- harm. I can only assume because you take it that way, you have taken part in some kind of criminal activity, that would under normal circumstances, be subject to a form of punishment from the authorities. He is not targeting you; he is speaking of protecting Omni interests. Stay out of our backyard, and you should be fine.
    He does not have to single ME out. He merely has to say that he will do what he is professing and direct that towards Clan in general, and that means me by proxy. I'm not subject to Omni law, I'm subject to the law of the Council, by the way. And also, clean up your own backyard before delving into mine. Your intelligence agents were busted, and everyone knows it. What Clan did was a retaliation for your provocative actions. If you had stayed out of our backyard, we would be staying out of yours. How is it that you can justify the collection of tactical intelligence as anything but a prelude to an assault? You cannot, and any attempts to do so marks you as a propagandist liar.

For every misdeed you say you have witnessed, I myself have witnessed senseless violence and unprovoked attacks from the Clans. You seem to believe this is a one way street. I am more than confident that most of those events you have witnessed were a result of Clan members and leaders not being cooperative with Omni-Tek. Time and time again we have asked for your cooperation in investigations, and time and time again you are defiant.
    Lies, lies and more lies. I never once said that Clan was any better when it comes to fighting. Who wins when you do that? No one. However, there is a point that comes into play where you may say that you are the agressor or the agressed. How does one get labeled one way or the other. In all cases, something happened to Omni-Tek (usually due to the Dust Brigades), then Omni-Tek points to Clan and says "we're coming to make some arrests now, don't interfere or there will be consequences". No trial, no nothing, just whisked away, perma-deathed or whatever. You lie like a rug when you say that time and time again Clan has refused cooperation in investigations. OT just comes steaming in to Clan cities, does whatever it wants to do, kills whoever they want to kill, imprisons what it doesn't kill, and then marches off with it's mission accomplished. Don't give me that horse**** about "cooperation". OT's version of that word is "do what we tell you to do or we'll kill you". More crap from the OT crap-pile. It's getting rather tall these days.

[QUOTE=Lilyflie]If you wish to not be treated like a child, stop acting like one. You are probably not older than I am, but that is irrelevant. I am not trying to be more mature or miss know it all. I comment on what I do know, and nothing more. Like you, my perspective is based on what I have seen. But unlike you choose to earn a honest pay, and support my corporation. [QUOTE=Lilyflie]Excuse me? It was your comments that chose to chide me as if I was a child and label me as such, when nothing could be further from the truth. It's the sign of weak arguments and weaker philosophies and logical standpoints that turn you into a "Miss Fussbudget" and decry anything you don't like as "childish". Well too bad for you, lady. I personally don't care if you like my demeanor or not. If you say stupid things, I have fun with that, and apparently, you don't stop saying stupid things. And believe me, no one earns a more honest buck than the average Clanner. Tell me again how OT earns anything honestly, when all they do is send in their military to crush that which it does not like, claims eminent domain over everything it surveys when everything you can survey does NOT belong to you. What we call that in historical terms is "manifest destiny" and, as I mentioned, "eminent domain". What the Indians back on Old Earth called it was thievery, deception and murder. So that's the difference in our perspectives. I call it murder and thievery, and you call it an honest day's pay. Which is what I've been saying about OT all along. Thanks for the support for my theory.

History shows that they were Clan tags on the attackers, therefore I have no alternative than to suggest they were clan attackers. We were never able to learn the actual group involved because of the clans, always predictable, un-cooperation with Omni-Tek.
    Wrong. They have always tagged on MY IFF with Neutral tags, and I've been around since well before the Notum Wars began. So, stop trying to re-invent history. We all know that countless people before you tried to tag the DB as Clan, and it's simply not true, and time and again you try, and time and again, you're wrong.

I believe this does have precedent today. From the moment the Tir Accord was annulled the clans are nothing more than squatters. After the third civil war, which in general is sparked by the previous incident I mentioned, the Tir Accord is signed. In it the following line

Being the superior governing body of Rubi-ka, would mean Omni-tek are the rightful authorities of the planet. There is another line of interest in the accord.

As well....

As we all know under this accord, there were several events in which Omni-Pol used their right to investigate in those areas. In all cases, the clans resisted and attacked them. Once again Clans initiate hostile actions on Omni-Tek...I shouldn't have to point out when, they were times under this accord and well documented in our history.

Of course the accord is now Null and Void, which means Omni-tek can go about their planetary business as they had prior to the accord, which means you have even less a leg to stand on than when the accord was in effect. However, it is not like Omni-Tek have made it a regular habit to come invade the territories you call home. Once, in a investigation to arrest a Vanguard leader, and a few times when rounding up suspects in the shooting of Ross. Would you expect less from the authorities of Rubi-ka?
    No, you misread everything, as usual. The Tir Accord was only declared Null and Void by Omni. It was a unilateral declaration that was a binding document which was overseen and approved by the ICC, and as far as I see it, the ICC calls the shots for OT as well as for every other corporation that belongs to it as a a member. You signed the ICC charter, so does that mean you have declared the ICC charter null and void also? Ooh, that would be grand fun, since all the current ICC corporations would have a FIELD day were that to be declared the truth. Somehow, you can find a way to set the facts as you wish to see them when you wish to see them in a certain light, and change it around as your mood suits you. Well guess what? I'm not so blind, and I'm not so stupid. You, in your attempts to deceive me over something so simple, are arrogant and self-defeating all at the same time. Good one!

Too bad we couldn't get along. Would be interesting to Jam some music with you, but then I'd be "sought after for only one thing" wouldn't I....
    You threw down the personal attack gauntlet, not me. I respond in kind. I'm an Old Testament kind of guy. Forgiveness is for the weak, and gratitude is a disease of dogs.

I find it very interesting the way you refer to women in your attacks. Your general lack of respect for the gender shows much of your true nature, and omni or not, I certainly hope other women on this planet are as offended by it as I am. Because you were good in school, this makes you what....better than me? I was good in school as well. I'm not better than you. I just have a different perspective.
    No, I said no such thing. I merely pointed out what my perspective taught me. And in any event, most women didn't jump down my back, because they at least have the minimal critical thinking capacity to understand that I do not make blanket statements about anyone except the corporation and it's fervent supporters, even when evidence is completely against their stories and propaganda.

I am not afraid of foul language, and have been known to use some quite colorful words myself. But you relied so heavily on them in your last posting, and others I have seen that it was hard to decipher if you actually had any intelligence or if you just wanted to throw a tantrum. The difference between them was actually having a point. You previous point came across as: “Zora bad. Zora coming to kill me ugh”. Not much of a point to go on.
    Certainly. I just love it when I am told that I come in swearing and screaming and yelling and have nothing to say. This makes me want to continue my debates with that person. Oh, **** yeah!

You also seem to want to spend the majority of your posting time slinging insults and putting down the person you are responding to, rather than make valid points in defense of your perspective. If you want to have a discussion, lets have a discussion. If you want to spend most of that time trying to prove how much better you are than everyone else, then I fail to see how that is constructive to your opinions, or your fellow clans.
    My goal is not to satisfy you or anyone else. My goal is to ridicule very ignorant points of view from the perspective of equity, justice and a single standard of ethics. Omni has no standard of ethics, unless it's in a business plan somewhere to have one. Too bad you don't have those.

I think you should stick your head back into some children’s books. There are lessons in them, that as adults we sometimes forget.
    Yeah, I'm sure Voltaire, Demokratis and Cicero loved "Horton Hears a Who".

Actually, get your facts strait. The Unicorns came to Rubi-ka before Zora was appointed. They have been on Rubi-ka in the past as well. It is not like Zora said "bring all the unicorns to Rubi-ka, because I'm going in for the kill". The unicorns being here was a decision long before Zora was even a candidate for the role of CEO. Again, you question his military background for his role, but no one questioned Ross' military background.
    Ross has never been accused of whole-rate genocide, but the Unicorns have. Ross may have been a commander, but he also showed that, in the interest of peace, it's better to be accomodating when you happen to have the upper, but not overwhelmingly powerful, hand. He was wise in that regard. Zora, I have no doubt, made the Unicorns to be what they are, and I can assure you that they are not nice in any way, shape or form. Their brief time on RK only proves my point. They kill anyone that gets in their way, regardless of what they might be doing at the time. And they are especially ruthless if they want to kill someone. They'll kill tens of thousands to get one person.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

reposte

I'd like to hear about his past career since that'll tell us a great deal about who he is and how he'll act.
    Jokzer]

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=407660
    That thread told me (an ex-military man myself) exactly what I need to know about this man.

i came here for a job and was ducking clan bullets as soon as i got off the ship....
    I agree with this post as well

For those of you rallying against Mr Zora, have you ever stopped to think.... (hehehe my little joke).... that justice does NOT always come from the barrel of a gun, the edge of a sword, or the impact of a nano? Military means STRICT rules and regulations that must be followed at all costs, even if it means the life of the soldier.
    In the histories of old earth there are countless stories of soldiers dying for nothing more then to remove their country's flag from the post that they are retreating from. Mr. Zora gives me the impression of being a man of this calibre. Do not so swiftly believe that he will run in guns blazing, for he may simply run in with handcuffs and a tribunal... throw the clanners into prison camps, and make THEM mine the notum, give the Atrox a few days off from the notum refineries I say.
    As for the Redeemed and Unredeemed, aside from a few chats with Ergo, I have never seen a resident of Shadowlands show their face upon RubiKa. So it seems to me that the only real threat Mr.Zora has to contend with are the aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokzer
    I'd like to hear about his past career since that'll tell us a great deal about who he is and how he'll act.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=407660
    That thread told me (an ex-military man myself) exactly what I need to know about this man.

i came here for a job and was ducking clan bullets as soon as i got off the ship....
    I agree with this post as well

For those of you rallying against Mr Zora, have you ever stopped to think.... (hehehe my little joke).... that justice does NOT always come from the barrel of a gun, the edge of a sword, or the impact of a nano? Military means STRICT rules and regulations that must be followed at all costs, even if it means the life of the soldier.
    In the histories of old earth there are countless stories of soldiers dying for nothing more then to remove their country's flag from the post that they are retreating from. Mr. Zora gives me the impression of being a man of this calibre.
    Do not so swiftly believe that he will run in guns blazing, for he may simply run in with handcuffs and a tribunal... throw the clanners into prison camps, and make THEM mine the notum, give the Atrox a few days off from the notum refineries I say. Make them work off their contracts, send them home with their pay (minus the expenses for feeding them and clothing them, and the cost of building the facility to inprison them in), and a fond, "Don't let the door hit you where the good lord(creator) split you."
    As for the Redeemed and Unredeemed, aside from a few chats with Ergo, I have never seen a resident of Shadowlands show their face upon RubiKa. So it seems to me that the only real threat Mr.Zora has to contend with are the aliens.

The man is not even on the planet yet and the bickering already begins?
    The argument began when the clans decided that in, their infinate wisdom, they should slaughter the loyal workers of Omni-Tek so that they could seize the power and control of the planet. The only group I do not see as a threat, and that should have no concern of prosecution from Mr. Zora are the Neutrals. (Every planet needs a news center right?)
    Last edited by Lashanachar; Sep 21st, 2005 at 13:45:51.

((OOC: Written by Ghiles the Agent, not Xhairs the Soldier.))

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    No, I'm not putting any slant on anything. You may try to persuade others that his statements are merely rhetoric, but I don't take them that way. He sounds like he means business. And of course, you ignore the fact that OT intelligence agents were caught red handed scanning out Clan troop dispositions, and therefore the Sentinel response was in kind and appropriate, given that you don't do this kind of tactical intelligence gathering unless you plan to do something soon. As anyone with any military background will tell you, intelligence of a tactical nature is only useful for a very short period of time, because the situation on the ground will change and therefore invalidate the intelligence. When some business puke comes in and tries to explain to an ex-soldier (counterintelligence billet, to be precise) the facts of the battlefield, I have to jump in and smack stuff about. And I rather enjoy it, too.
    Yeah, because as everyone knows, an armed force in a defensive posture never ever needs intelligence what possible hostiles might be up to. Nope. Never happens. Man, i haven´t laughed that hard in years.

I think that anyone who served in the military has blood on his hands, and the following orders bit doesn't cut it when you do it for evil ends. Most soldiers do things for evil ends, but the justification given can always be twisted to sound "moral", at least for your own narrow purposes and for a short period of time. But the proof is in the taste of the pudding, not the pudding itself. Judge ye not a tree by the bark it wears, but by the fruit it bears (I just love quoting the Bible, since I love a good retribution). Ross showed that he had some diplomatic skills, and Radiman at least partially trusted him in the end. Not so with Zora. The Unicorns have a long history of bloodiness, and it's indicative of the man in charge, unless he sucks as a leader and has no control over his troops, which in essence is even worse. Nothing worse than someone who allows over-zealous troops to run wild. Which one is it then?
    *Cough* Sentinels *Cough* Silverstone *Cough* Kettle *Cough* Black *Cough*

He does not have to single ME out. He merely has to say that he will do what he is professing and direct that towards Clan in general, and that means me by proxy. I'm not subject to Omni law, I'm subject to the law of the Council, by the way. And also, clean up your own backyard before delving into mine. Your intelligence agents were busted, and everyone knows it. What Clan did was a retaliation for your provocative actions. If you had stayed out of our backyard, we would be staying out of yours. How is it that you can justify the collection of tactical intelligence as anything but a prelude to an assault? You cannot, and any attempts to do so marks you as a propagandist liar.
    So basicly you are saying that if a Clan person goes into Rome Blue and detonates a Thermo-Nuke he should be judged by the Clans?

And again, i got a good laugh out of your statement that intel only can be used in an offensive action. And you are also acting like the Clans don´t have agents in Omni areas. To that i say, come on. You are clearly a person with some intellect, and even a Blubbag wouldn´t fall for that one.

No, you misread everything, as usual. The Tir Accord was only declared Null and Void by Omni. It was a unilateral declaration that was a binding document which was overseen and approved by the ICC, and as far as I see it, the ICC calls the shots for OT as well as for every other corporation that belongs to it as a a member. You signed the ICC charter, so does that mean you have declared the ICC charter null and void also? Ooh, that would be grand fun, since all the current ICC corporations would have a FIELD day were that to be declared the truth. Somehow, you can find a way to set the facts as you wish to see them when you wish to see them in a certain light, and change it around as your mood suits you. Well guess what? I'm not so blind, and I'm not so stupid. You, in your attempts to deceive me over something so simple, are arrogant and self-defeating all at the same time. Good one!
    You know, it´s fun to see how some peple tend to forget all the incidents of "Oh, no. Sorry, we can´t find that person." that came out of Tir under the Accord. The accord was a binding document, as is any formal contracts. But as you well know, binding contracts only last as long as both parties uphold their end of the agreement. The Clans couldn´t, so OT revoked the contract/Accord. I guess the Clans are only interested in legalitys when it helps serve their own agenda, or when they can throw it in the face of their opponents.

You threw down the personal attack gauntlet, not me. I respond in kind. I'm an Old Testament kind of guy. Forgiveness is for the weak, and gratitude is a disease of dogs.
    Nice to know that no matter what a person or a group of persons do to you, you will always remember the bad things, and never forgive even the slightest of tresspasses, and if something good is done for you, you just count it as null and void. What a wonderfull set of friends you must have.

No, I said no such thing. I merely pointed out what my perspective taught me. And in any event, most women didn't jump down my back, because they at least have the minimal critical thinking capacity to understand that I do not make blanket statements about anyone except the corporation and it's fervent supporters, even when evidence is completely against their stories and propaganda.
    So basicly "You don´t agree with me, therefore you are a skank."?

Certainly. I just love it when I am told that I come in swearing and screaming and yelling and have nothing to say. This makes me want to continue my debates with that person. Oh, **** yeah!
    So basicly "I will swear and curse and when people ask me to perform a polite conversation i will call them names and dub myself the winner."?

My goal is not to satisfy you or anyone else. My goal is to ridicule very ignorant points of view from the perspective of equity, justice and a single standard of ethics. Omni has no standard of ethics, unless it's in a business plan somewhere to have one. Too bad you don't have those.
    While the Clans have so many different forms and standards of ethics that they might as well not have one either.

Regards

Ghiles
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Not so with Zora. The Unicorns have a long history of bloodiness, and it's indicative of the man in charge, unless he sucks as a leader and has no control over his troops, which in essence is even worse. Nothing worse than someone who allows over-zealous troops to run wild.
    I cant help myself I simply must take this opportunity to remind you that the Unicorns are the ones we can blame for even having this runned down planet to fight over.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

An observer's point of view

I read these reports, and the retorts launched to and fro, and am saddened.

By law, Omni-Tek is the governing force on Rubi-Ka. Even the Clans agree to that, since such decision comes from ICC, not OT.

The fact that rogue clan members constantly attack Omni-Tek interests cannot be denied. Neither can it be denied that the Council of Truth does little to discourage such rogues.

Since my arrival on Rubi-Ka, I have befriended and traded freely with clan members and Omni-Tek personnel, in the interest of broadening my experience and attempting to understand both points of view. I have been attacked on numerous occasions while in disputed zones, and even while strolling through safe areas. And unfortunatly, all bullets were of clan making, and fired by clan members.

I have even attempted to speak with such clan members that constantly launch attacks at me and my own, in order to negociate a safe-passage, to no avail. Omni-Tek is a corporate entity. It understands the value of negociation and arrangements. Rogue clanners do not. They will shoot me simply for my choice of employer. Repeatedly, and from the shadows no less.

My group spans the political division, and our clan operatives do not report such violence directed to them in any contended area by Omni personnel. Which again leaves me to wonder, who is attempting to maintain the bloodbath flowing ?

If we take a look at some of the Clan's initiatives, or lack therof, let's look at the Tyr situation, which is still unresolved. Nowhere in OT controlled territory will neutral individuals will be shot on sight, not even in the vaunted Halls of Omni-HQ.
    Before the Clans decide our new CEO is a monster bent on ripping their eyeballs out by their toes, they should address the issue of innocent newcomers to Rubi-Ka, who foolishly believe neutrality is its own protection, and step off the woompah in Tyr to be met by the very large guns of the Sentinels.

I am not againt the Clan's principles. Far from it. Trading chalengers keep the true businessmen on the edge, and keeps prices fluctating. I understand their desire to operate independantly from Omni-Tek regulations. But they have no right to operate outside the guidelines of humanity.

We are ready to take the war to the aliens, and to protect our world. We are united in this. Can the Clans dare claim the same ? Will the Clans lay down their pettiness in the face of this increasing threat ? Haven't all past menaces been laid to rest by cooperation between factions ?

I am JubileXPrime. I am a peaceful trader. But I will defend myself and my own.

A mistake...

I think the Omni-Tek Board on Omni-Prime has made a mistake sending a Military leader to such a powder keg of a planet. It seems they are just trying to start trouble. Moving into Borealis, appointing Military leaders, deploying advanced troops and weapons.

Did the ICC even consider the implications of letting Omni-Tek have too large of a military presence here on Rubi-Ka? Who do you think is going to be strong enough, or will want to spend the resources to fight Omni-Tek once the lease has run out. The ICC has shown before that Omni-Tek can walk all over them. What makes the ICC think that Omni-Tek will just abandon their cash cow planet once the lease is up? Especially with such a large defensive force, including these new Goliath Planetary defense platforms?

Did they even consider the possible ramifications for the future of the planet and its inhabitants? Or have they just begun to agree with everything Omni-Tek wants to do since they know they cant fight against them?

I see dark times ahead, a new war is coming...

Get ready...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I myself am wary of Mr. Zora and the Unicorn Company, but I must do my duty and remain loyal to Omni-Tek, and do all that I can to help maintain peace, even a cold one.

[[OOC : *pulls out the necro pads* ZZZAAPP!]]

So... war, thats good for buisiness, right?

I do believe we were correct in assuming that Zora was coming to wage war.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    I myself am wary of Mr. Zora and the Unicorn Company, but I must do my duty and remain loyal to Omni-Tek, and do all that I can to help maintain peace, even a cold one.
    You are correct in your desire to follow your duty, Citizen. Omni-Tek will reward its loyal employees for their faithfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    I do believe we were correct in assuming that Zora was coming to wage war.
    You are wrong. Chairman Zora simply acknowledges that tolerance towards the Clans has proven futile, and that they, like many insects, will seize any advantage they can find to feed on the corpses of their prey.

We will defend our possessions. We will defend our employees. We will shoot terrorists on sight.

Omni-Tek has legal powers over Rubi-Ka, by ICC contract. We are the One True Legal Power on Rubi-Ka. Welcome to the New Age.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Amazing... corporate law as holy writ. Explains much of the zealotry and hatred I see coming from Omni-Tek's crusaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    Amazing... corporate law as holy writ. Explains much of the zealotry and hatred I see coming from Omni-Tek's crusaders.
    Crusaders ? By definition, again, you are wrong. Crusaders are those who travel to the lands of their ennemies to reclaim something of a Holy nature.

We have not invaded Clan territorial areas. You, however, have.

And the hatred is mostly coming out of the reclaim booths, for all the non-agressive Omni-Tek traders and engineers shot down in 2HO by Clan terrorists. And now in 4-Holes. You fired the first bullet at Omni-Tek in this conflict. Deal with the hatred.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Well, at least you're not denying that you seem to worship the entity that is Omni-Tek... it seems you may have even taken up the mantle of the clergy to preach the word to the heretics and unbelievers. Good for you.

Though I'd suggest that given Omni-Tek's seeming habit of spreading the sphere of it's influence through terra-forming and colonization that there is something of a crusade going on, since you would seem to wish to out-expand and out-exploit what passes for competition in this day and age to bring your divine radiance to an ever expanding number of peoples. Or perhaps you'd be more comfortable with the term Missionary?

Well, at least you're not denying that you seem to worship the entity that is Omni-Tek... it seems you may have even taken up the mantle of the clergy to preach the word to the heretics and unbelievers. Good for you.

Though I'd suggest that given Omni-Tek's seeming habit of spreading the sphere of it's influence through terra-forming and colonization that there is something of a crusade going on, since you would seem to wish to out-expand and out-exploit what passes for competition in this day and age to bring your divine radiance to an ever expanding number of peoples. Or perhaps you'd be more comfortable with the term Missionary?
    Indeed. We bring the Word of Omni-Tek with us everywhere we go. We are Omni-Tek, and Omni-Tek is an ever-expanding Force.

Missionary is a more correct term, for those of us who believe that mankind's (and notumkind's) future lies under the guidance of Omni-Tek. Under the guidance, we would rule the stars and spread to all dimensions. We have already begun this Great Work. What you call Terraforming, we call Purifying. We pave the Way for those that follow to expand to all the stars, all the worlds.

I would never have expected a Clanner to understand us. Truly, you are an amazing individual. Omni-Tek is sorry to have lost you to the Clans.

Perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet on a philosophical battlefield, warring with ideas instead of bullets. It would be... interesting.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Omni-Tek never had me, despite the claims upon lineage it places. To be honest, I suspect that there would little point to debate, philosophical or otherwise. The belief that you seem to have in Omni-Tek borders, if not crosses over into the realms of faith, an acceptance of the correctness of your beliefs despite any evidence to the contrary, since that evidence can be freely discarded as heresy and lies due to the lense of dogma through which you likely see the world.

Historically the merchant rose away from the chains of religious dogma and discarded them in favor of the secular, dismissing them as contraints used to dampen the spirit of man and his quest for progress, his quest for profit, understanding and elightenment, until that religious dogma was marginalized and ridiculed into virtual extinction. And here we arrive at this point in time, and what do we see? The merchant has become the priest, preaching his own dogma, seeking to control the hearts, minds, and souls of those who he lords over, much like his ancient foe. The cycles of existance continue, and we come full circle. The priests fell at the height of their power, when their walls were unassailable, their strength unquestioned. Lessons to be learned...

This "crusade," as you called it, created everything we have today on Rubi-Ka, including your beloved cities of Tir and Athen. Without this "crusade," there would be no notum exports, and nothing sustaining our existence on this desert world. Give thanks to your creator.

And you make it sound like the Clanners are not crusaders. Yet with all your people's talk of righteous anger, your holy fight for justice and peace against the brutal, oppressive corporation, you sound like crusaders to me. Your "freedom" is your Holy Grail, and you have repeatedly travelled into Omni-Tek's territory with war on your brains, even after the company decided to let your people be. "Storm" Carbonum Plate armor... it conjures an image of divine winds lashing out at the heathens. The Aethyr Knights... again, the knight, the holy warrior fighting for his cause. Need I say more?

I do not worship Omni-Tek. I only do my duty, knowing that, in the end, it has made me a better man than you. Your talk of loyalty means nothing when you are obligated to join the people you fight against.

((OOC: Jubi and Hermi... you guys are arguing like an Evangelist and a Muslim extremist... except kind of bastardized and only partially religious... ))
    Last edited by gergiskoo; Jun 6th, 2006 at 02:25:09.

I am obligated to do nothing more than my conscience demands. And that conscience demands that I not give thanks to a creator who makes demands of myself and all those who descend from me simply by the fact of their birth. I have been given a free will, and a working mind, and those tell me that I am my own being, not chattel belonging to some distant master who cares nothing for me beyond as a figure in a ledger who can help fill his pockets. Love and respect must be earned, with an appeal to our dignity and well being, not simply demanded out of hand. Can you understand that?

I do not mean to suggest that the Clans do not possess 'Crusaders', since we most assuradly do. My point is that we both have factions who pursue this conflict between our two sides to the point of religious zeal, with only murder in their hearts and venom upon their tongues. I do not like those of that bent within the Clans any more than I like those with that persuasion amongst Omni-Tek's ranks. Zealotry sows nothing but ill, and turns the ground beneath us all to ash where new things cannot grow. My preference is for diplomacy, reasoned arguement, debate, and other means that show that we have evolved beyond a need to batter each other with clubs and stones and can indeed act as a civilized people who've learned the lessons that history has to offer us.

As to being a better man, given my lack of male "plumbing", I would hope you would be.

((OOC: I'm hardly an extremist... were I an extremist I'd be calling for your blood and head on a silver platter. I am a moderate. I'd happily compromise for a wooden tray and a simple non-essential limb... ))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast