Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: CEO Tarhkan Zora Speaks

OTPC: CEO Tarkhan Zora Speaks

CEO Zora Speaks!
    Aug 14 29479
    OTPC Reporter Alice Doroshal

OTPC – Acting CEO Tarkhan Zora made his first address to Omni-Tek Employees, in a transmission sent from his transport through Omni-Trans systems in the Trade District.

Several Employees gathered to listen to the words of the new CEO, eager to learn what kind of a man he is, and what the future may bring. When the communication systems went live with the new CEO’s transport, employees heard his strong, yet calm voice for the first time.

In his speech he showed his appreciation for the Omni-Tek Department leaders being able to maintain operations in the absence of leadership, and then went on to describe what kind of leadership he will be bringing us.

"You'll find me to be firm, but fair, in my dealings both with employees, civilians, and rogue factions of discontented Omni-Tek employees and property operating on the surface of Rubi-Ka, but you may all rest assured that all crimes committed against the rightful authorities of this planet shall be punished in swift, powerful form, and justice shall turn a blind eye to no single man, woman or otherwise"

These words followed by his statement: "Tolerance for those who work against Omni-Tek ends with these words" seem to confirm what many have already believed: His strong military background will play a key role in his actions as CEO of Rubi-ka.

It is fair to say Tarkhan Zora has not been sent here to keep Mr. Ross’s seat warm, or play babysitter to leadership of Omni-Tek Rubi-ka. No, he is coming to fill the role of CEO, and is planning on doing the job 110%.

"Somewhere along the line, control was lost." He said, making some employees uncomfortable, and others agree, "I feel it is my task to regain that control - all of it"

The arrival of CEO Zora is expected in the coming weeks. Only time will tell if he is true to his words, and what may come as a result of them.

Tarkhan Zora’s first address to Omni-Tek Employees

To all fellow employees of Omni-Tek...

It pains me that this message must be delivered by a Transmission, but the journey to Rubi-ka has taken a few unexpected turns. I assure you, however, that we are still on track, and I shall arrive safely and soon.

First of all, I would like to personally thank all of the department heads here on Rubi-Ka for maintaining things in troubled times. The past year, for us, has seen an extended absence of Philip Ross, and the policy-makers on Omni-Prime have seen fit to put me in charge of all operations on-planet, so that this particular absence wouldn't hurt as much as the last.

To be left leaderless, without guidance, is unimaginable for any good soldier.....but your vigilance in dealing with such problems has been admirable, to say the least.

None among you may be particularly adjusted to my particular style of leadership. You'll find me to be firm, but fair, in my dealings both with employees, civilians, and rogue factions of discontented Omni-Tek employees and property operating on the surface of Rubi-Ka

But you may all rest assured that all crimes committed against the rightful authorities of this planet shall be punished in swift, powerful form, and justice shall turn a blind eye to no single man, woman or otherwise This is how I was raised, and this is how things will be here from this point on. Tolerance for those who work against Omni-Tek ends with these words.

I understand that this may be a change of pace for those who are used to the irregular debates and the former war of words between Omni-Tek and rogue establishments, but I assure you that the change is for the better. Somewhere along the line, control was lost. I feel it is my task to regain that control - all of it. It may not happen overnight, or even in any of our lifetimes. But the foundation for a better future must be laid, lest the structure built atop it come crumbling down.

As employees, you will all find yourselves receiving my advice from time to time, and my advice to you today is to toughen up. Stay armed, stay vigilant, stay strong. If my time as a Unicorn Company commander has taught me one thing, it's that the dogs of war can be let loose at any time, and you must always be ready to act. The winds are the calmest before the storm.

Please do not consider my words a warning, but rather, a precursor to things to come. Once again, be always ready. Your company is counting on you to act when action is needed.

Thank you for your attention. Omni-Tek protects
    Last edited by Bacchante; Aug 17th, 2005 at 13:39:52. Reason: name confusion ;)

Finally a word from our new acting CEO, and in my opinion it couldnt come at a better time, in the midst of this invasion and the increased aggression from the clans it makes us all edgy that the CEO's chair remains empty. I am however a little concerned about the tone of Zora's address, his words are not the words of a man who intends to step aside any time in the near future.

Does Zora's appointment mark a paradigm shift in Omni Policy toward the clans from cold war to all out war? his words would tend to indicate that, and the general climate of the time seems to be an inevitable escalation of hostilites.

Only time will tell.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

He might be first victim of new OT regime - the one he's sent to protect. Omni-Prime appointment and Zora's adress to public means one thing to Clans. We're soon be free and in control of Rubi-Ka.

Seems strange? Not at all. OT is company and such after profit. If they send soldier as administrator and he states to "toughen up" that means they are afraid more about control then profit and while they will increase military activity, they will cut budget too.

As him being vicim goes...
    ..all crimes committed against the rightful authorities of this planet....
    He failed to realize that OT has only lease on planet. So who is rightful authority? ICC? Population of planet? Futhermore he fails to realize we're dealing here with two planets, which are conected to each other. And guess what? Some descendants of original population still lives on pther plane. Days of two sided conflict is long gone. ICC came, Sol systems came and left, Dust Brigade came, Xan left (or did they?), Redeem and Unredeem came, Aliens came, Tempus Coma came...

Rhetorics is fine, but it doesn't provide food or profit. Violence gets you killed. Zora will have to adopt. Quickly. Can an old, hard lined soldier transform into diplomat? Look at Ross. The question is if Zora is man enough to fill the shoes. Especially since Ross is still wearing them.

But at least this whole speach thing showed who gained most by assasination.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

As one of the dissenting voices within Omni Tek, I must say I'm a bit saddened, though not surprised by what Mr. Zora has said. After all, what can we expect from a career Soldier?

True diplomacy doesn't come from Soldiers. Not even Bureaucrats. No, diplomacy comes from the Traders. We understand the value of peace. We understand that some of the greatest alliances in human history came as a result of trading resources. And right now Rubi Ka is facing one of its greatest threats. There are rumors floating around that the Kyr'Ozch may be readying for an even stronger attack. We will need a strong alliance with the Clans in order to survive.

Ultimately, we will need the help of the Clans if we are to maintain our freedom from the oppression of the invaders. If they thought living under Omni Tek rule was oppressive, they haven't seen anything compared to what the Kyr'Ozch may inflict on all of us. Taking a militaristic stance, as Mr. Zora has, will not entice the Clans to cooperate.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I agree that having soldiers for diplomats and negotiations usually is not the best solution. In this case,though, I think Omni Prime have picked out an extremely suiting man for the job as acting CEO and its nice to see he cares enough to send us some words even though he hasnt made it to planet yet.

Since Omni Tek have the lease on this planet I think we can all presume Mr.Zora ment that the corportation is the authority. And that is the truth aswell. ICC is on the planet, not because they own it, but because they are monitoring what takes place here.

Yes, the best solution in order to fight off the alien menace would be to work closely with the clanners. I dont think Mr.Zora will do anything to stand in the way of that. He is, after all, a Unicorn and it was the Unicorns who welcomed the citizens of Rubi Ka to fight with them in the outzones. ALL citizens of Rubi Ka.
    I sincerely think people should look towards other, more agressive leaders on Rubi Ka for trouble than blaming Mr.Zora for something he has not done.
    Should people, like Simon Silverstone, continue the mindless attacks and slaughter.though, I am sure we will see our acting CEO take charge and seriously make some use of his extensive combat tactics.
    Until then, lets all be glad he is stepping up to the plate.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

[Might want to decide if his name is Tarkhan or Tarhkan ]

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco
    After all, what can we expect from a career Soldier?
    "To a man with a hammer, everything is a nail."

What can we expect from a career soldier? That he'll apply his usual tools to any problem, which makes sense as those tools got him where he is today.
    And we can expect him to be able to adapt to changing situations since "no battleplan survives first contact with the enemy" - and it never has for 30 millennia. So he's likely to attempt to beef up our defense and take the fight to the enemy. Which enemy remains to be seen although I fervently hope that he'll go after the aliens first. I've said it before, we have a much better chance of beating them if we stand together and save our little skirmishes for after we kick out those pesky little buggers.

I'd like to hear about his past career since that'll tell us a great deal about who he is and how he'll act.

I read the statement as the usual "new commanding officer" drivel/political statement.. and he's showing himself to not be a very aaccomplished speaker: he is verbose on his "law-and-order" platform but fails to address the issue of crimes perpetrated by Omni personnel against either neutrals or clanners - giving the propagandists a real juicy bone to sink their teeth into.
    Of course, I have the advantage of having seen these debaters in action so it may be that he just don't think like that yet. He'll learn to, if that's the case.

Anyway, we're in for some interesting times. It'll be amusing to see what's going to happen next but I for one will take his advice and be armed and ready at all times.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Cool! The murderer finally speaks! Go, Tar! You are nothing but the same OT honcho I've been saying you are since your slimy name has been spoken.

I love how he speaks of "justice". What the hell would the Unicorns know about Justice, anyway? Zora is an anachronism who should have been put in a big glass box with a sign on the front that says "Break Open When We Have to Murder Everything We See".

I can't wait, this is going to be so good. What makes you think that it's going to be any easier for you, Zora? Don't you think the original OTAF forces were sufficient for the task at hand? Don't think they were competent troops? Sure they are, and sure they were. But guess what? Clan doesn't take being threatened lightly. We don't take incursions into our territory well either, and you saw the consequences of such an action.

So, welcome aboard, murderer!
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Cool! The murderer finally speaks
    From the prespective of Jesska Rhees

Murderer? Who did he murder? You have some sort of evidence to show he murdered someone before he even got here? You judge him before he even arrives, because he was a Unicorn at one time?

It is the clans own arrogance that will be their downfall. Looks to me like the clans are the ones ready to pick a fight. Omni-tek hold the lease on Rubi-ka, thus are the authorities on this planet. You can either accept that or not. Your choice, but I am willing to bet you have killed more in the past year than Zora has. So why don't you shut the hell up "murderer" and suck it up.

The problem with the clans is that those who want peace are overshadowed by those like you who feel better about themselves talking bigger than they truly are. The clans have not ever been able to work in unity, and that is why the ones who want peace always fail. Don't blame that on Omni-Tek, the unicorns or the new CEO. Time to take a good long look in the mirror (if you can stand the sight) and start taking responsibility for your own words and actions.

Stop trying to play martyrr and start putting your sticks and stones down first. Then lets talk.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Murder?...what toad did you lick to come up with that one.

he's a soldier who became a diplomate...he know's what order is and what need's to be done to acheave it.......

Soldier's killing soldier's is called war.

soldier's killing civilains is called a tragady...

why don't you invite your family from off planet and ask them tobe neutral for a day befor makeing there choice of faction...let them tour omni/neutral and clan citys....guess where there blood will be split.

After that maybe you can make an informed decision as to who the murderer's are.

I look forward to haveing a safe work place...i came here for a job and was ducking clan bullets as soon as i got off the ship....
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyflie
    From the prespective of Jesska Rhees

Murderer? Who did he murder? You have some sort of evidence to show he murdered someone before he even got here? You judge him before he even arrives, because he was a Unicorn at one time?
    Did you actually read what the man said? No, apparently not. Or perhaps the words of our language registers different meanings when you read them as compared to when I read them. When I see the following statement made by your diplomat:

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhkan Zora
    But you may all rest assured that all crimes committed against the rightful authorities of this planet shall be punished in swift, powerful form, and justice shall turn a blind eye to no single man, woman or otherwise This is how I was raised, and this is how things will be here from this point on. Tolerance for those who work against Omni-Tek ends with these words.
    Now, please forgive me, but I read that as the man is going to come here with his mass of Unicorn troops and reclaim this planet for Omni-Tek. It's almost as if he is quoting me predicting what they would do when they arrived here. Now, would you perhaps like to tell me what this statement means, if not to say that they are going to swoop down here and try to kill every Clanner on the planet? Tell me how that doesn't mean what I just said. Explain it to me. This ought to be GOOD.

It is the clans own arrogance that will be their downfall. Looks to me like the clans are the ones ready to pick a fight. Omni-tek hold the lease on Rubi-ka, thus are the authorities on this planet. You can either accept that or not. Your choice, but I am willing to bet you have killed more in the past year than Zora has. So why don't you shut the hell up "murderer" and suck it up.
    I'm so happy that you are able to be so full of **** and actually believe what you say! How do they do that in Omni-Tek? I need to train my ****ing poodles. I'm sure the techniques they use on you trained househounds would be a winner!

And you have the gall and the arrogance to tell me to suck it up? Guess what, moron? OMNI TEK LOST ONE-THIRD OF THE PLANET, BECAUSE YOU LOST THE WAR! SUCK IT UP, RETARD! The "authorities" on this planet? Are you a ****ing moron? Yes, you are! THE ICC PARTITIONED THE PLANET, BUFFOON. Can you read? Are you able to discern the meaning in a simple sentence? I can just make bull**** up too, but that does not make it so. That just makes it smell.

The problem with the clans is that those who want peace are overshadowed by those like you who feel better about themselves talking bigger than they truly are. The clans have not ever been able to work in unity, and that is why the ones who want peace always fail. Don't blame that on Omni-Tek, the unicorns or the new CEO. Time to take a good long look in the mirror (if you can stand the sight) and start taking responsibility for your own words and actions.
    Those who want peace? That is the vast majority of us. Guess what? Your new boss does not want peace. He wants war. He just said so in his speech, which you are so typically ignoring, and then getting all indignant and arrogant when we call you out on it! It's hilarious! Where in the **** do they get you people from? Whatever school it is that you Mongoloids graduated from, please let me know, so I can send my children to anywhere else. I do not get how amazingly simple this is, and yet each and every one of you that posts your simpleton remarks here fails the grade on so many levels it is staggering.

Stop trying to play martyrr and start putting your sticks and stones down first. Then lets talk.
    Tell your boss to stop threatening me and mine with utter ****ing annihilation, and I'll be glad to come back and talk to you in a calm and civil manner. But guess what? You're an OT employee and your opinion means NOTHING. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. Except the new one wants to KILL ALL CLANNERS.

Do you know what that makes him? A MURDERER!

Go back to school, you idiot. You are desperately in need of comprehension and logic skills.

It looks to me like people are going out of their way to stay angry at each other. But I suppose staying angry is much easier to do than to swallow one's pride and be the first one to extend a hand in peace. It's like watching two tribes of monkeys screeching and hurling their own feces at each other. It's quite disappointing and in the end, wasted energy.

Tarhkan can boast about the "order" he's bringing to Rubi-Ka with his little Unicorn Company, big-toy-boys. We all know that the only order he'll be able to restore is amongst his own ranks. Any seasoned soldier knows that trying to defeat a highly factionalised enemy with neither a centralised government nor a true infrastructure can never truely be defeated except for destroying the planet itself. Quite the connundrum. Tarhkan's speech cannot be looked at as any more than a morale booster for his kind. The only Blind Eye of Justice or Odin's Missing Eye or whatever troublesome sensory organ/implant he'll be casting is when he's looking in the mirror, wondering why his commanders sent him to a world to fight a war with both hands tied behind his back. I have a hard time believing that ICC won't intervene if Tarhkan steps out of line and goes over the top, but only time will tell.
    And even if ICC gets tied up with red tape and can't intervene, you don't think that the other hypercorporations won't jump in and play both sides until no one's left on Rubi-Ka save for the ICC peacekeepers and the new leasors of Rubi-Ka, whomever that may be?

You honestly believe that this jingoistic crap is going to help us in the long run as the Aliens become more powerful and the other hypercorporations grow tired of waiting for Omni-Tek's lease to expire? It's time everyone cooled their jets and start focusing on long term goals and solutions. It's time to work on a more permanent peace. It's time we need to learn to start trusting one another and focusing on what we can do against this alien threat and what the Shadowlands means to us, not just as individuals, but as an entire species.
    Zaedia
    Combat Medic, 5th Medical Corps
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Again from the perspective of Jesska Rhees

Did you actually read what the man said? No, apparently not. Or perhaps the words of our language registers different meanings when you read them as compared to when I read them. When I see the following statement made by your diplomat:
    Actually I did read the words, but thanks for your concern. I chose to actually read them rather than take them, twist them in my mind, and assume the worst from them....as you did

Now, please forgive me, but I read that as the man is going to come here with his mass of Unicorn troops and reclaim this planet for Omni-Tek. It's almost as if he is quoting me predicting what they would do when they arrived here. Now, would you perhaps like to tell me what this statement means, if not to say that they are going to swoop down here and try to kill every Clanner on the planet? Tell me how that doesn't mean what I just said. Explain it to me. This ought to be GOOD.
    You are forgiven. However I do strongly suggest a review of your mental health with your family doctor....paranoid much? I did not read in any part of that speech that he is going to kill every clanner. I believe you have made a choice to interpret his words the way you have, which does not make you correct. Instead it just shows how close minded you are, and how much hatred you have for all things Omni. It doesn't matter what anyone says here to you, you have made up your mind, and you will scream about it like a child until you feel so much better about yourself, that you are so right, no one can even breathe a different opinion than you.

I'm so happy that you are able to be so full of **** and actually believe what you say! How do they do that in Omni-Tek? I need to train my ****ing poodles. I'm sure the techniques they use on you trained househounds would be a winner!
    It's funny...just the other day I was saying to my friends that I missed my old school days when the boys were try hard punks who talked tough but couldn't get it up if they tried....

Ah thanks for the memories

And you have the gall and the arrogance to tell me to suck it up? Guess what, moron? OMNI TEK LOST ONE-THIRD OF THE PLANET, BECAUSE YOU LOST THE WAR! SUCK IT UP, RETARD! The "authorities" on this planet? Are you a ****ing moron? Yes, you are! THE ICC PARTITIONED THE PLANET, BUFFOON. Can you read? Are you able to discern the meaning in a simple sentence? I can just make bull**** up too, but that does not make it so. That just makes it smell.
    Yeah, suck it up candy ass. I obviously struck a cord to have gotten you so riled up with anger to resort to childish name calling and swimming in the usual crap. You obviously don't understand what you have up north there. Omni-Tek lost one third of the planet? Lets get our facts right shall we?

From our history:
    The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence.
    So in the end the clans made a lease with Omni-tek, on land Omni-Tek leases...Doesn't quite mean we lost any of the planet. Just means we let you be for a price. And how do you repay us?

Clan-affiliated terrorists blow up four notum operations in a coordinated strike, killing both security forces and miners. Notum shipments are reduced by 13%, costing Omni-Tek hundreds of billions of credits.
    Hostile again with Omni-Tek. And when Omni-Tek approach clan leaders to turn over the ones responsible, they fail to comply. Omni-Tek uses their rightful position as authorities on the planet they lease, and go intothe clan territories that are leased from Omni-Tek, to find them on their own. But, the clans could have just worked with us...but as usual, you stubborn fools hold out, because you would rather have an enemy when all is said and done.

Those who want peace? That is the vast majority of us. Guess what? Your new boss does not want peace. He wants war. He just said so in his speech, which you are so typically ignoring, and then getting all indignant and arrogant when we call you out on it! It's hilarious! Where in the **** do they get you people from? Whatever school it is that you Mongoloids graduated from, please let me know, so I can send my children to anywhere else. I do not get how amazingly simple this is, and yet each and every one of you that posts your simpleton remarks here fails the grade on so many levels it is staggering.
    I would love to see you back up the statement of it being the vast majority of you. Less than a week since Sentinels attack Omni Outposts, and so quick to judge the new CEO based on a firm stand. He did not say he wants war. You have taken his words as an attack and declared war on his behalf. I am not ignoring the speech, but unlike you, I am not going to take whatever is said and assume the worst from it. You assume the worst because you are Clan. Because no matter what any Omni says, they mean to destroy you….isn't that right?

As for my schooling, I hold a degree in corporate history, Business and accounting. I also took part in some mechanics and music class for fun. Spent a couple years on the debate team, mostly as an observer, and graduated with honors. My education since then, aside from the lessons learned as a General, and shortly thereafter as President of an Omni-Tek organization, to now working with the legal end of Omni business, I have also learned human lessons by having a daughter grow up and join the clans........and yes, we still speak.

At this point, I am still being educated. You have taught me that even though my daughter can feel how she feels about Omni-Tek, and still have a decent and productive conversation with her mother, the most outspoken of clansmen would much rather cover their lack of knowledge and paranoia with name calling and bad language. Oh wait...is it just your vocabulary? Let’s talk about your schooling next?

Tell your boss to stop threatening me and mine with utter ****ing annihilation, and I'll be glad to come back and talk to you in a calm and civil manner. But guess what? You're an OT employee and your opinion means NOTHING. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. Except the new one wants to KILL ALL CLANNERS.
    He didn't do that, you decided that you would take his words and make it about you. Makes me feel you are compensating for something by trying to use such big nasty words. My opinion matters no more than yours. I already know you will come back with more swearing, and more nonsense to try so desperately to be right. Don't bother. I am not going to lump all the clans under your voice, because I know some who actually are not delusional, not paranoid and not on a mission to start the war with words on the new CEO's behalf.

I certainly hope other clanners have more sense.
    Last edited by Lilyflie; Aug 16th, 2005 at 20:05:48.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

The more things change....

As long as the Clans feel that they have the upper hand in all things Rubi-Ka then there is nothing to worry about. I mean Clans don't attack Omni-Tek facilities for no reason. Right?

And as long as Omni-Tek plays the good little diplomat and says: "Be nice, don't hurt us and you can have the North.", then all is well and fine in the world.

But you let one Omni-Tek leader state that any and all injuries done to their employees or property will be punished to the full extent of the law and all of a sudden they are cast as the next Ghengis Khan.

What I think has some of the Clans upset is that Omni-Tek might just be growing a set of teeth. And after so long being toothless, fear is beginning to creep into their thoughts.

We have sat back and watched half of the planet that we, as Omni-Tek, have developed and terraformed become lost to us. We have sat back and watched as the mining of Notum which was granted to us exclusively by the ICC has been taken away and granted to anyone with the credits and a Tower. We have sat back and watched as our leadership has been attacked, villified, and lately almost murdered.

I think the speech that was given recently sums up what most Omni-Tek employees feel.

No more.

For those of you that want to find a peaceful solution, I applaud you. I hope you do.

The rest of us have to live in this world until you do.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Actually I did read the words, but thanks for your concern. I chose to actually read them rather than take them, twist them in my mind, and assume the worst from them....as you did
    Wrong. I interpret things as I read them. He mentions quite clearly that there will be no "escape from justice". What do you suggest that means? That Zora is going to come over to Sentinels HQ and play chess with Simon? Get real, and give me a break. When you stop towing the company line without a critical thought, I will discuss things further with you. But you have serious flaws in your persuasion abilities.

You are forgiven. However I do strongly suggest a review of your mental health with your family doctor....paranoid much? I did not read in any part of that speech that he is going to kill every clanner. I believe you have made a choice to interpret his words the way you have, which does not make you correct. Instead it just shows how close minded you are, and how much hatred you have for all things Omni. It doesn't matter what anyone says here to you, you have made up your mind, and you will scream about it like a child until you feel so much better about yourself, that you are so right, no one can even breathe a different opinion than you.
    Paranoid? No. Define it. Paranoia is an irrational belief that someone out there wants to do your harm. Guess what? Zora wants to do me harm. Therefore, I am not paranoid, I'm just cautious and su****ious. QED. Bad debating tactics, lady. My hatred for all things Omni comes from a long line of witnessing first hand the misdeeds of your corporation. I was personally present at a very large number of events where Omni performed unlawful, de****able and murderous acts against both Neutrals and Clanners. Do try better. And if you keep calling me a child, you shall be entreated as one. I'm probably older than you are, and I'm definitely more mature than you because I know what I know, and I know what I don't know. You just think you know everything and are never wrong. Which is the sign of either stupidity or megalomania. For your case, which is it?

It's funny...just the other day I was saying to my friends that I missed my old school days when the boys were try hard punks who talked tough but couldn't get it up if they tried....

Ah thanks for the memories
    It's funny, just the other day some friends and me were discussing all the women in school that thought they were so **** hot and could therefore prance around like little queens when they were average at best, and were sought after for only one thing, and we know it wasn't their deep minds the boys were after. So, if you wish to dribble on the court of insults, step on up, twit. I will own you so bad, you will wish that you were back to DNA form.

Yeah, suck it up candy ass. I obviously struck a cord to have gotten you so riled up with anger to resort to childish name calling and swimming in the usual crap. You obviously don't understand what you have up north there. Omni-Tek lost one third of the planet? Lets get our facts right shall we?
    Oh, lets!

So in the end the clans made a lease with Omni-tek, on land Omni-Tek leases...Doesn't quite mean we lost any of the planet. Just means we let you be for a price. And how do you repay us?

Hostile again with Omni-Tek. And when Omni-Tek approach clan leaders to turn over the ones responsible, they fail to comply. Omni-Tek uses their rightful position as authorities on the planet they lease, and go intothe clan territories that are leased from Omni-Tek, to find them on their own. But, the clans could have just worked with us...but as usual, you stubborn fools hold out, because you would rather have an enemy when all is said and done.
    You were repaid in kind for your blood shedding. Do you believe that Omni was not complicit here in any of these events you toss about as if they are so equivocal? And you say that the violence towards Omni was performed by...who? Speak up. Give the name of the group responsible for this. Go on, I dare you. Say it. And then we will have a lesson about what is relevant today as opposed to historical facts. As far as I am concerned, modern precedents apply to how we deal with the current political state of Rubi-Ka, and not some point of history you take completely out of context and order and try to apply it to some crap you try and fail to convince others about. It doesn't work, better people than you have tried and failed. What you need is an honest vocation. How about prostitution?

I would love to see you back up the statement of it being the vast majority of you. Less than a week since Sentinels attack Omni Outposts, and so quick to judge the new CEO based on a firm stand. He did not say he wants war. You have taken his words as an attack and declared war on his behalf. I am not ignoring the speech, but unlike you, I am not going to take whatever is said and assume the worst from it. You assume the worst because you are Clan. Because no matter what any Omni says, they mean to destroy you….isn't that right?
    Now, we're going to teach the mouthy, arrogant little vixen how to count. I direct you to the place where the Council of Truth has it's information. I further direct you to look at the support given to the Council for the Legacy Clans, and find out how many of us support the Sentinels. We're getting into some dangerously difficult mathematical constructs here, so...don't be afraid, k?

Now, we're going to do a ratio calculation. Phew! Hard work, isn't it? Now, as a percentage, take the number of people that support the Sentinels with the number of people from the organizations that support them versus all of the other CoT supporters. I think you find that number isn't a majority at all, and I would say it's a small number compared to all of the others. I'm not doing your homework for you, go do it yourself. And we can see about your "educational level" from that, shall we? After you get done with the calculations, if you wish to challenge them further, we can discuss critical thinking based on available data, since it's a scientific cornerstone. This will be fun, won't it?

As for my schooling, I hold a degree in corporate history, Business and accounting. I also took part in some mechanics and music class for fun. Spent a couple years on the debate team, mostly as an observer, and graduated with honors. My education since then, aside from the lessons learned as a General, and shortly thereafter as President of an Omni-Tek organization, to now working with the legal end of Omni business, I have also learned human lessons by having a daughter grow up and join the clans........and yes, we still speak.

At this point, I am still being educated. You have taught me that even though my daughter can feel how she feels about Omni-Tek, and still have a decent and productive conversation with her mother, the most outspoken of clansmen would much rather cover their lack of knowledge and paranoia with name calling and bad language. Oh wait...is it just your vocabulary? Let’s talk about your schooling next?
    Yawn. Your pedigree amuses me, much like a dog's pedigree does. My poodles are doing well though, thank you. And yawn, you can be a President of an OT organization of 6 or 6 million. What does that prove? I've been an org president also for a Clan group. Big whip. As far as my education goes, let's see:

First in my class in a university that started with 75 students at Day 1 and graduated just 3 from my original group. The attrition rate overall if I gave it 2 more semesters for others to catch up on their failed classes, summers off and all that jazz was 75%. I KNOW my education was very good, and very thorough. I'm an engineer by training, electrical and optical. I graduated Summa Cum Laude. I am a veteran of the Army, as well as a trained musician, writer and logic tutor at a local university. I teach classical and jazz guitar to intermediate and advanced students when time permits, and I have as many students as I want, and turn away more than I have time to handle. I belong to the MENSA organization here locally, which includes members from 4 very large and distinguished corporations, all of whom are in the microelectronics fields. In other words, nearly every hobby, endeavor and vocation of mine is an intellectually challenging one, and I excel. What do you do, have sex and go to college? Forgive me for sounding mysogynistic, but that's what the vast majority of women in my college were there for. To get their MRS degree.

And I decided a long time ago that, after reading works from so many different authors that use profanity in their writing that are considered masters of their craft, plus the overwhelming logic that claims that people afraid of "profane" and "foul" language are nothing but close-minded soccer moms, religious zealots, and imbeciles. that I would sprinkle it liberally throughout my everyday speech. I don't care who I offend, because quite frankly, some people desperately need to be offended. They believe that the use of such language is somehow automatically reducing the IQ of their debating opponent merely because they use it. How logical is that, hmmm? Because I use words that you do not because of your "delicate sensibilities" or whatever reason you think they are "bad", you are somehow more superior to me intelllectually? Of course you are not. You are actually inferior because your logical faculties suck, or you wouldn't have even thought of saying something that amazingly DUMB in front of me. But, I have this conversation with a lot of people, and we come up with the same result. I speak with the entire language, and it's not to be nice, it is to be thorough and place emphases where I believe they need to be.

So take your head out of your children's books and face the real world. It's ugly. So is some language.

He didn't do that, you decided that you would take his words and make it about you. Makes me feel you are compensating for something by trying to use such big nasty words. My opinion matters no more than yours. I already know you will come back with more swearing, and more nonsense to try so desperately to be right. Don't bother. I am not going to lump all the clans under your voice, because I know some who actually are not delusional, not paranoid and not on a mission to start the war with words on the new CEO's behalf.

I certainly hope other clanners have more sense.
    Yes, he did. You just can't read. Or you choose to believe that his statements were merely rhetoric for home consumption to help him consolidate his position. Well, a few facts of economics for you, since you do not understand them. If all he was interested in doing was coming here and relieving Phil, all he had to do was bring his corporate orders with him, and that would have been that. But no, that is not what he is here for. He brought with him the most ruthless, nastiest bunch of zealot troopers in all of the known galaxy, the Unicorns. Content to level an entire city block in Newland to get one "fugitive", they are nothing but well armed, well trained thugs in the pay of OT. And they are just a...what, ceremonial guard for Zora? They will do the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Wageslave outside Omni-HQ? Give me a break, even you aren't as dumb to think we would believe that.

No, the Unicorns are here now for one reason. To do what Zora said he would do. Reclaim that which belongs to Omni. Allowing justice to not escape from every man, woman and child opposed to OT. Hmmmm, how would you interpret it? I know how I would. Like everyone else is. The trouble with you is...you think that because you are an educated mother, you know everything. Well guess what? Also a logical fallacy. Remember, as I have mentioned in the past to others, work on your logic. Your syllogisms suck. Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted, but you seem to go for it at every breath.

If you want to debate me, bring your boxing gloves...and some brains.

Again from the perspective of Jesska Rhees

Wrong. I interpret things as I read them. He mentions quite clearly that there will be no "escape from justice". What do you suggest that means? That Zora is going to come over to Sentinels HQ and play chess with Simon?
    What it means, is that if the Sentinels choose to attack a omni outpost, Omni-Tek will respond in kind. That is kind of a no brainer. He doesn't say he is going to hunt you all down and wipe you from the face of the earth. You "interpret" him as saying that. I am not trying to persuade anyone, I am just pointing out that you in fact have taken his words, put a evil omni slant on them for the benefit of your clan propaganda.

I find it so interesting that everyone is up in arms about Zora's military background, when Ross himself came from a military background.

Paranoid? No. Define it. Paranoia is an irrational belief that someone out there wants to do your harm. Guess what? Zora wants to do me harm. Therefore, I am not paranoid, I'm just cautious and su****ious. QED. Bad debating tactics, lady. My hatred for all things Omni comes from a long line of witnessing first hand the misdeeds of your corporation. I was personally present at a very large number of events where Omni performed unlawful, de****able and murderous acts against both Neutrals and Clanners.
    Ah but see he never said he wanted to do -YOU- harm. I can only assume because you take it that way, you have taken part in some kind of criminal activity, that would under normal circumstances, be subject to a form of punishment from the authorities. He is not targeting you; he is speaking of protecting Omni interests. Stay out of our backyard, and you should be fine.

For every misdeed you say you have witnessed, I myself have witnessed senseless violence and unprovoked attacks from the Clans. You seem to believe this is a one way street. I am more than confident that most of those events you have witnessed were a result of Clan members and leaders not being cooperative with Omni-Tek. Time and time again we have asked for your cooperation in investigations, and time and time again you are defiant.

If you wish to not be treated like a child, stop acting like one. You are probably not older than I am, but that is irrelevant. I am not trying to be more mature or miss know it all. I comment on what I do know, and nothing more. Like you, my perspective is based on what I have seen. But unlike you choose to earn a honest pay, and support my corporation.

It's funny, just the other day some friends and me were discussing all the women in school that thought they were so **** hot and could therefore prance around like little queens when they were average at best, and were sought after for only one thing, and we know it wasn't their deep minds the boys were after. So, if you wish to dribble on the court of insults, step on up, twit. I will own you so bad, you will wish that you were back to DNA form.
    Ah you were one of THOSE guys. The ones our mothers warned us about, who had no actual respect for women, and would if given the chance drug our soda to have your way with us. Some people grow up, and others just get older. Grow up already.

You were repaid in kind for your blood shedding. Do you believe that Omni was not complicit here in any of these events you toss about as if they are so equivocal? And you say that the violence towards Omni was performed by...who? Speak up. Give the name of the group responsible for this. Go on, I dare you.
    History shows that they were Clan tags on the attackers, therefore I have no alternative than to suggest they were clan attackers. We were never able to learn the actual group involved because of the clans, always predictable, un-cooperation with Omni-Tek.

I believe this does have precedent today. From the moment the Tir Accord was annulled the clans are nothing more than squatters. After the third civil war, which in general is sparked by the previous incident I mentioned, the Tir Accord is signed. In it the following line

Omni-Tek recognize the Council as the Governing body, and spokesperson for all clans affiliated with it, and its right to negotiate, and speak for the clans. In turn the Council recognizes Omni-Tek as the superior governing body of Rubi-Ka as documented in the ICC lease of 28708.
    Being the superior governing body of Rubi-ka, would mean Omni-tek are the rightful authorities of the planet. There is another line of interest in the accord.

Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains.
    As well....

The Omni-Tek police department (Omni-Pol) will be allowed to run routine investigations inside the Council-allocated districts in the interest of national security.
    As we all know under this accord, there were several events in which Omni-Pol used their right to investigate in those areas. In all cases, the clans resisted and attacked them. Once again Clans initiate hostile actions on Omni-Tek...I shouldn't have to point out when, they were times under this accord and well documented in our history.

Of course the accord is now Null and Void, which means Omni-tek can go about their planetary business as they had prior to the accord, which means you have even less a leg to stand on than when the accord was in effect. However, it is not like Omni-Tek have made it a regular habit to come invade the territories you call home. Once, in a investigation to arrest a Vanguard leader, and a few times when rounding up suspects in the shooting of Ross. Would you expect less from the authorities of Rubi-ka?

Now, we're going to teach the mouthy, arrogant little vixen how to count. I direct you to the place where the Council of Truth has it's information. I further direct you to look at the support given to the Council for the Legacy Clans, and find out how many of us support the Sentinels. We're getting into some dangerously difficult mathematical constructs here, so...don't be afraid, k?
    Quite good at math actually. And I have visited the council grid site many times.

Now, as a percentage, take the number of people that support the Sentinels with the number of people from the organizations that support them versus all of the other CoT supporters. I think you find that number isn't a majority at all, and I would say it's a small number compared to all of the others. I'm not doing your homework for you, go do it yourself.
    Irrelevant, as the voting system that was used by the chambers of the council, when all was said and done, the sentinels held the chair. The Sentinels have led the attacks, and the Sentinels is setting the bar for us to look at. I am well aware there are many clansmen and women who do not support them, My daughter being one of them, but until there are enough willing to step up and speak out on the Sentinel actions, it is going to be very hard for Omni-Tek to take them seriously and look at a peaceful solution to the current planetary state.

Yawn. Your pedigree amuses me, much like a dog's pedigree does. My poodles are doing well though, thank you. And yawn, you can be a President of an OT organization of 6 or 6 million. What does that prove? I've been an org president also for a Clan group. Big whip. As far as my education goes, let's see:
    It is one thing to be an organization president. It is another to actually attempt to do the job and learn from it.

First in my class in a university that started with 75 students at Day 1 and graduated just 3 from my original group. The attrition rate overall if I gave it 2 more semesters for others to catch up on their failed classes, summers off and all that jazz was 75%. I KNOW my education was very good, and very thorough. I'm an engineer by training, electrical and optical. I graduated Summa Cum Laude. I am a veteran of the Army, as well as a trained musician, writer and logic tutor at a local university. I teach classical and jazz guitar to intermediate and advanced students when time permits, and I have as many students as I want, and turn away more than I have time to handle.
    Too bad we couldn't get along. Would be interesting to Jam some music with you, but then I'd be "sought after for only one thing" wouldn't I....

I find it very interesting the way you refer to women in your attacks. Your general lack of respect for the gender shows much of your true nature, and omni or not, I certainly hope other women on this planet are as offended by it as I am. Because you were good in school, this makes you what....better than me? I was good in school as well. I'm not better than you. I just have a different perspective.

And I decided a long time ago that, after reading works from so many different authors that use profanity in their writing that are considered masters of their craft, plus the overwhelming logic that claims that people afraid of "profane" and "foul" language are nothing but close-minded soccer moms, religious zealots, and imbeciles. that I would sprinkle it liberally throughout my everyday speech. I don't care who I offend, because quite frankly, some people desperately need to be offended.
    What's soccer? ((sorry couldn't resist)) I am not afraid of foul language, and have been known to use some quite colorful words myself. But you relied so heavily on them in your last posting, and others I have seen that it was hard to decipher if you actually had any intelligence or if you just wanted to throw a tantrum. The difference between them was actually having a point. You previous point came across as: “Zora bad. Zora coming to kill me ugh”. Not much of a point to go on.

You also seem to want to spend the majority of your posting time slinging insults and putting down the person you are responding to, rather than make valid points in defense of your perspective. If you want to have a discussion, lets have a discussion. If you want to spend most of that time trying to prove how much better you are than everyone else, then I fail to see how that is constructive to your opinions, or your fellow clans.

So take your head out of your children's books and face the real world. It's ugly. So is some language.
    I think you should stick your head back into some children’s books. There are lessons in them, that as adults we sometimes forget.

He brought with him the most ruthless, nastiest bunch of zealot troopers in all of the known galaxy, the Unicorns.
    Actually, get your facts strait. The Unicorns came to Rubi-ka before Zora was appointed. They have been on Rubi-ka in the past as well. It is not like Zora said "bring all the unicorns to Rubi-ka, because I'm going in for the kill". The unicorns being here was a decision long before Zora was even a candidate for the role of CEO. Again, you question his military background for his role, but no one questioned Ross' military background.

No, the Unicorns are here now for one reason. To do what Zora said he would do. Reclaim that which belongs to Omni. Allowing justice to not escape from every man, woman and child opposed to OT. Hmmmm, how would you interpret it? I know how I would. Like everyone else is. The trouble with you is...you think that because you are an educated mother, you know everything.
    No, I don't know everything. And neither do you. What we have here is a clash of opinions, and you putting new words into Zora's speech. He did not say he was going to reclaim what belongs to Omni-tek. He is interested in punishing those who work against Omni-tek. Are you interested in having peace or picking a fight? If you want peace, don't attack omni interests, don't kill Omni civilians, and respect the terms of the lease.

He'd probably leave you be then don't you think?

If you want to debate me, bring your boxing gloves...and some brains.
    Right back at ya. You have brought the gloves, but your brains I think are functioning with a one track opinion.

Let me ask you this. If you leased a town, and a bunch of rebels kept coming by to cause trouble in your town, would you not as the rightfull authority of that town stand up and say much the same? Of course you would. Omni-Tek has tried talking, they have tried compromising, they have tried to work in cooperation. The clans have rejected it at every turn. As someone before me said, it is about time Omni-Tek got some teeth again.

((OOC: I'm not sure if you are just having fun debating or you are a rp troll...either way I am having some fun. been a couple years since I could have this kind of discussion in AO =). Also had to edit the quotes cause it said my post was too big O.o ))

Just look at Omni-Teks way of work missy.

One person - not known of wich affiliation - shoots your CEO and they arrest a bunch of people out of the blue, harras them and try to get them to confess something that they have no idea of.

They want to capture one person and are willing to level a whole town to do so.

Some rogue clanners and slash or thrill seekers attack Omni-AF forces that are conducting an investigation up north and they blame the whole entity of the Clans and cancel a treaty wich is the only hope for peace. And those people might have been the ones who were doing wrong, but they cancelled the Tir accord without consulting the Council of Truth!
    These kinds of things has happened so often that if something similair like that would happen I would probably be one of the people attacking the investigation team. Because to me its inevitable that Omni-Tek will ever want real peace with the Clans. Thus the war continiues and thus your new CEO will be attacking Clans and thus we will be attacking you aswell.

Yes I sure do believe that there are many solutions for peace...but I do not believe that when it comes to Omni-Tek.

Ah but see he never said he wanted to do -YOU- harm. I can only assume because you take it that way, you have taken part in some kind of criminal activity, that would under normal circumstances, be subject to a form of punishment from the authorities. He is not targeting you; he is speaking of protecting Omni interests. Stay out of our backyard, and you should be fine.
    Let me ask you this. If you leased a town, and a bunch of rebels kept coming by to cause trouble in your town, would you not as the rightfull authority of that town stand up and say much the same? Of course you would. Omni-Tek has tried talking, they have tried compromising, they have tried to work in cooperation. The clans have rejected it at every turn. As someone before me said, it is about time Omni-Tek got some teeth again.
    Here you seemingly are using the meaning of Clans first as seperated groups who have different ideals wich is correct. But afterwards as a whole who all have the same ideals. Wich one is it now?

See this is how Omni-Tek always feels. When they want to justify their actions they will in the begining say "if one rogue person or group has done something that opposes our law we will punish him, her or those people." And when a group or one rogue person does that they say "THE CLANS have done this and that and they will be punished for it!"

Eyes wide shut...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    One person - not known of wich affiliation - shoots your CEO and they arrest a bunch of people out of the blue, harras them and try to get them to confess something that they have no idea of.
    It may have eluded you but all those brought in for interrogation were either present in Omni Ent at the time of the shooting, or theyre names came up in the investigation.
    Now if you were leading the investigation, what would you do? Send them a letter?

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    It may have eluded you but all those brought in for interrogation were either present in Omni Ent at the time of the shooting, or theyre names came up in the investigation.
    Now if you were leading the investigation, what would you do? Send them a letter?
    Hmmm yeah...well I'm quite certain that the people I spoke were not in Omni-Entertainment district at the time of the shooting.
    Next to that they just sought out the most militant Clans and abducted one offem. Matter of fact is that Cord is a ranger. Whats he gonna do? Shoot the man with his blades?
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

But do you think it was really that strange that they would interrogate this....Cord even though he is a ranger with blades as chosen weapon?
    Also, if you have an ounce of self respect and your supposed to interrogate and investigate in a situation as big and crucial as that very assasination attempt you would be a failure unless you rounded up "the usual subjects". Wouldnt you agree?

I could present you with names of more clanners who was inside Omni Ent at the exact time of the shooting Legaron but since you are on your side of the fence, and I am on mine.... I wont.

((00c: You are RK1 and I am RK2 so ofcourse we wont ever agree upon this. On RK2 a clan agent was in Omni Ent and he was also brought in for questioning... along with some others wich names came up. Even some Omni`s were arrested ))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast