Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Med Update - June 2

Omni-Med Update - June 2

June 2 29479

OTPC reporter Alice Doroshal

OTPC - Today Rita Prestin, Director of Omni-Med, alongside Omni-Prime representative Korbensen, made a statement on the condition of Philip Ross.

"My statement today is going to be brief. As you know then we have been under hard pressure to help Mr. Ross in his recovery, but this took an unexpected turn as he slipped into a coma"

"We thought it was due to the stress he had suffered from the wound; however this proved not to be the case. What we first thought to be a minor infection has turned out to be several thousands nano-particles that are spreading from the infection in the wound… Much like a virus…"

"To be honest, we can’t be entirely sure what it is that we are dealing with as this time. I wish I could explain in more detail, but we are still waiting on the completion of the lab tests. These tests should hopefully tell us more about what this… virus is doing to Mr. Ross, and what course of action we should take."

"Until we have a better understanding of what we are dealing with I have nothing more I can add."

She followed up her statement on Ross with a general warning to Omni-Tek citizens.

"On a side note, I have been asked to warn the public of a possible airborne contagion that could result in several forms of mutation. Right now we have only a few cases of this, so there is no need to be alarmed, but it is always good to be on guard."

She listed the following as possible symptoms to be on the look for.

Minor skin irritation or change in skin color
    Periodic loss of memory
    Scratchy or sour throat
    Large growths on the outer body
    Nanobot initiation failure

Citizens are asked to report any such symptoms right away to the nearest Doctor Proffessional.

Omni-Tek is your friend

Disturbing news indeed. I cant help but think Mr.Ross was expected to survive the inital shot and so this...this coctail on Nanoviruses was implemented in the procectile....

All we can do is pray he pulls through in the end.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Looks like Mr. Ross ain't too popular in certain circles. Not only that such tests should be run when he was first admited, but such an advanced nano particles have wery little possible places of orgin.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Not only th clans have bragged about theyre ability to get theyre hands on anything anytime Trgeorge.
    If you are hinting that Omni Tek is the only one with this kind of nano tech I believe you are wrong.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

"On a side note, I have been asked to warn the public of a possible airborne contagion that could result in several forms of mutation."

just out of curiosity what type's of mutation......might think twice befor i kill my next mutant....
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Not only th clans have bragged about theyre ability to get theyre hands on anything anytime Trgeorge.
    If you are hinting that Omni Tek is the only one with this kind of nano tech I believe you are wrong.
    I agree with that. Coruption amids OT corporation makes resources awailable for all.Maybe for different price and with bit of delay, but some are prepared to pay insine amounts for stuff they are after.

The points I was trying to make are simple ones:

1.) Why weren't tests run right away? (I acknowledge the possibility of infection being commited after Ross was admited, but somehow I have feeling he's so well guarded now that not even flea could get near him.)

2.) Top nocth technology usually isn't used in high profile assasination, becouse they are too easely traced from place of orgin to cultprit. So at least this part of mystery should be quickly solved. Provided of course there's interest for it with board of directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    I agree with that. Coruption amids OT corporation makes resources awailable for all.
    You seem to think that Omni-Tech is the only source of nano technology in existance as well as forgetting that Omni-Tech dose sell Noctem, the cornerstone in current nano tech development, on the open market.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I don't believe that. But there's embargo on most products from other companies. And not every OT product is sold to general public. Some of them aren't sold at all, especially if still on experimental basis or developed for specially for specific department.

All the reports of Ross assasination attempt and his health show one thing. Procedures that should be routine and work as intended, failed. First securing place of his appearance and now treatment. And please note that I have used term procedures and not actions. Both fields deal with stuff that can't be routine in itself. Buth how to cover those fields should be, to optimize performence and minimize risks. That's two in a row.

Of course imidiate and strict actions have been taken. OT trooper that helped some claners escape, was executed. I agree his blame is self evident, even if claners in question might have nothing to do with Ross failing health. Head of departments, whose actions or inactions have something to do with Ross curent state, fall under different law, so nothing has been done about that.

Of course that's just outside observation and employees probably have more specific informations. And of course my interest doesn't lay in same direction as that of OT employees. I don't care who did it, but how could this happen in first place.

I don't believe that. But there's embargo on most products from other companies.
    I don't care who did it, but how could this happen in first place.
    -sighs softly and rubs the bridge of his nose slowly for a few moments.-

Are you naive enough to believe, expecialy after saying that you can get anything OT produces with enough time and money, that an embargo would stop some one who really wanted something from another company from getting it? Do you really thing that if the profit were high enough that another company would refuse to sell it expecialy if they could also benifit from the outcome of its use?

Embargos only stop the legal movement of goods threw or into an area, qasi-illegal and illegal goods will still be moved, at a higher price, because the demand will be up, so too with legal items.

Trgeorge, OT is not the only company that will use every trick in the book to make a proffit, and some companies will use all of the dirty tricks too.

The universe dose not start and end with Rubi-Ka and every important thing, be it good or ill, dose not happen here. There are more players in the universe besides Omni-Tech, the Clans, ICC and the Aliens.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

What does second quote have to do with your reply?

But anyway...try to think about situation here. Highly dangerous and not that easily obtainable material has been used. This means that whoever used it, doesn't care if he/she/it gets cought, didn't consider option it could be traced or have significant backup so it won't ever be solved. He (she/it) used it either becouse it's effectivness or to bypass any security/health procedures. That alone indicates professional.

With coorporate wars Rubi Ka is in a sense center of universe. By that I mean other companies will coorporate and provide information, should this material be of their orgin, since they can't afford another full scale war. I doubt that whoever infected Ross wouldn't be aware of this. So from this point OT or some other producer doesn't matter. What else is relevant? Time. With aliens circling around RK lots of contraband gets destroyed. So how can someone planing assasination can't be sure weapon of choice will be awailable when the time is right? And there's eternal issue of money. With aliens contraband reaches it's peak prices. Delivery is pricey too, with risks to ships and crew. Trust me, items originating on Rubi Ka itself cost peanuts compared to imported stuff.

This nano material is highly contagius or so does dr.Prestin tell us. And yet Ross is first know patient. Should he not be the first that cought it (whatever it is), we'd already hear of epidemy and deaths to it. That means whoever introduced them, he aimed to infect Ross.

A frase from some ancient book I sold cought my eye and stick with me since then. It went something like this :"Once you have eliminated every possibilty, whatever stays, no matter how impossible, must be the truth."

Have to raise an eyebrow when sombody w/ as much pull as mr.ross gets a hospital infection....wern't we told that it was NOT a specialized bullet that shot phillp ross...no nanobots injected there.

With how high tech the cleaning bots in a hospital are i can't see how it can possably be an accadental infection....do we have access to a log of all people that came into contact w/ ross since the shooting?...if we don't why not?....this is starting to look like an inside job from the facts provided.

Can omni med supply us with a list of doctors and hospital staff that were in contact with Mr.ross since his admission?

And i belive i have almost the same feeling as trgeorge.....How could this happen?..But i do care who did it

As a side note he got infected AFTER he signed the orbital platform contract with the unicorns....maybe sombody thought he might veto it after thinking of the consequence's(sp?) of the contract.

if he does die who will be the next in line for his post..info on the possable rep may be helpful
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Jun 5th, 2005 at 23:12:07.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy
    Have to raise an eyebrow when sombody w/ as much pull as mr.ross gets a hospital infection....wern't we told that it was NOT a specialized bullet that shot phillp ross...no nanobots injected there.

With how high tech the cleaning bots in a hospital are i can't see how it can possably be an accadental infection....do we have access to a log of all people that came into contact w/ ross since the shooting?...if we don't why not?....this is starting to look like an inside job from the facts provided.

Can omni med supply us with a list of doctors and hospital staff that were in contact with Mr.ross since his admission?

And i belive i have almost the same feeling as trgeorge.....How could this happen?..But i do care who did it

As a side note he got infected AFTER he signed the orbital platform contract with the unicorns....maybe sombody thought he might veto it after thinking of the consequence's(sp?) of the contract.

if he does die who will be the next in line for his post..info on the possable rep may be helpful
    Yes..they can...but you don't have any authority to get any.
    Its "clasified" you see...
    Theres one thing people tend to forget is that Omni-Tek does not reveal its secrets. It never has, it wouldnt be a secret if it were to be revealed now would it?
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Well I dont think you can blame Omni Tek for keeping its internal affairs secret. Really, its done throughout every corporation in the entire galaxy. Even the small vendors have theyre little secrets so you cant expect a corporation like Omni Tek to play all open hands.

On the other hand I dont expect the CoT to play out all theyre cards either and everyone know that clan leaders, like Simon Silverstone, acts on his own and in secrecy even from all the other clans quite often. And please take note that Silverstone`s been strangely silent these past weeks.

I had the impression that the nano-virus Mr.Ross is suffering from is something new and outside what conventional medicine are prepared to fight. Therefore I dont see how we can be sure the bullet/projectile that hit Mr.Ross on that dreadful day could not have been coated in that very same virus. The very same Nano-Virus mind you. It could be that it is so extremely sophisticated that it eluded the best of the best conventional tests there is. Curing something new is much much harder than curing what you know.

My bet is that the assasin or assasins calculated that one bullets damage would be most likely repaired and so they made a plan B. A slower death but one who would aid there agenda just the same. Mr.Ross is incapacitated for the time being.
    People make guesses as to who would succeed him and try to place blame on that person. It is, in my opinion both ignorant and cruel to do so.
    If Mr.Ross should die it is Omni Prime`s choice who gets the position as CEO. Omni Prime would not have any reasons to assasinate Mr.Ross since they could just as easily reassigned him to another planet or retired him altogether.
    Would it cause mayhem within the corporation and inevitably hurt Omni Prime? The answer is no. In a corporation it is normal for people to retire at Mr.Ross age and its also common to be reassigned for higher or easier tasks. This is something I understand some people have a hard time accepting.

My list of suspects, incase someone is interested.....
    -Dust Brigade, Midia or Midia-supporters, Tempus Coma and every other hidden faction with theyre own agenda. One can never be sure what these extreme terrorists wants or will do.

-Simon Silverstone and just about every other loose clanner guns with substantial financial support and enough hate inside to try and start a global war.

-Although unlikely, the Aliens could have a part in all this. They could only gain from the death of Mr.Ross and the possible mayhem that it is/might cause.

-Moles within the corporation. They exist. It has been proven lately and it is a serious threat.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Well I dont etc...
    Don't you just love this guy? I really hope he won't be ever reasigned to some other planet or station.

I would just make couple of observations about your post. Nothing mayor, since your speculation is as good as anyone elses, just trying to understand your reasoning.

Yes, I was under impresuion nano stuff is new too. But I know should I treat celebrity like Ross, I'd run evry test possible the moment he was admited, just to be sure. Even pregnancy test. Why would you say that didn't happened?

Omni-Prime isn't too thrilled about Ross. That's apperant with his voyage there and return with that inspector. But he seem to have lots of supporters here on Rubi-Ka. Removing him from post (re-assigning, retirering, etc...) would surely raise couple of eyebrows if nothing else.

You claim Silverstone being suspect for keeping quiet. But should he give statment about it, would he be any less su****ius?

"Moles" as you call them....they are just tool. Should a mole work for Tempus Coma and infect Ross, who's blame is it?

You presented usuall suspects. Groups or persons every investigator should indeed consider. There is no point in discputing them. But what are they motives and what should they gain by it? Care to eleborate on that a bit?

Like I said....sort of.... I am sure Omni Med ran every known conventional test there is on Mr.Ross. With that I mean every test known by man.

Mr.Ross going on a business trip to Omni Prime and returning with a liason is not the least out of the ordinary within a corporation. And absolutely not within a corporation with interests on several planets.

Silverstone is su****ious since he made some rather cloudy comments a while ago about something that would shake Rubi Ka that he was working on and didnt even wanna tell the CoT...... so yes, a comment might have made him less su****ious. He is already known as a mindless killer though so I guess it wouldnt really matter. You are right there.

As for the motives one can only guess. One motive that would fit all of my listed suspects agendas would be the desire and need for creating dispute, mayhem ,and ....well, and Anarchy.

ps: I sure hope you dont mysteriously disappear in any way aswell Trgeorge...

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

When it comes to finding new illnesses, and this is just for naturaly occuring ones, it is very hard to find that the cause for symptoms that are being reported is something new rather than something they already know about.

Despite how much they know and how much they develop, doctors are limited, for the most part, by WHAT they know and all tests that are run test for things that are already known. It takes specialized personel and equipment to descover that the illness is caused by something new and then they must still find a way to treat it, and usually it takes a few hundred people to come down with the illness before they have enough of a base to build information upon.

Now mind you, this is just for illnesses that occure natually.

Now for tailored illnesses, ones made or altered by humans it gets tricker. Such illnesses can mimic other illnesses and be created to be very hard to discover when useing normal methods.

Considering that this in a nano virus, it had to be man made, and equipment may have originaly detected it as a normal nano program.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    June 2 29479

OTPC reporter Alice Doroshal

OTPC - Today Rita Prestin, Director of Omni-Med, alongside Omni-Prime representative Korbensen, made a statement on the condition of Philip Ross.

"My statement today is going to be brief. As you know then we have been under hard pressure to help Mr. Ross in his recovery, but this took an unexpected turn as he slipped into a coma"

"We thought it was due to the stress he had suffered from the wound; however this proved not to be the case. What we first thought to be a minor infection has turned out to be several thousands nano-particles that are spreading from the infection in the wound… Much like a virus…"

"To be honest, we can’t be entirely sure what it is that we are dealing with as this time. I wish I could explain in more detail, but we are still waiting on the completion of the lab tests. These tests should hopefully tell us more about what this… virus is doing to Mr. Ross, and what course of action we should take."

"Until we have a better understanding of what we are dealing with I have nothing more I can add."

She followed up her statement on Ross with a general warning to Omni-Tek citizens.

"On a side note, I have been asked to warn the public of a possible airborne contagion that could result in several forms of mutation. Right now we have only a few cases of this, so there is no need to be alarmed, but it is always good to be on guard."

She listed the following as possible symptoms to be on the look for.

Minor skin irritation or change in skin color
    Periodic loss of memory
    Scratchy or sour throat
    Large growths on the outer body
    Nanobot initiation failure

Citizens are asked to report any such symptoms right away to the nearest Doctor Proffessional.

Omni-Tek is your friend
    I have seen no independent verification of either of these stories. Both come from the Omni-Tek propaganda machine. The fact that both stories have been released at the same time begs the question - Which story are they trying to bury?
    The fact that a coup has taken place in the corporation. Ross is clearly not in control, I'm not even have independent verification he's actually alive. Or the fact that they've apparently released poison upon the planet and the people who live here. I say apparently because i have yet to see a reliable eyewitness report to this "airborne contagion".
    Don't trust the propaganda machine. Dig deeper, find the truth.
    /Larissan

-sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose with two fingers as he take a deep breath-

And just who is sappose to do this verification? The man is badly wounded and is infected with a possable contagion, would you rather cause an outbreak instead of giving up on the faulse idea that everything Omni-Tech says is a lie?

I would like verification that Silverstone is infact himself instead of a possable clone giving the change in his behaviour recently, but of course that is to much to ask.

One more you ask us to bend over for you and let you come up to us with another paddle to abuse any trust you show, or have you decided that the Amnisty did not ever happen and that it, and the events around it, were more propaganda?

How far dose your twisted view of reality go?

The man was shot and infected with a nano virus that no one has ever seen before so ofcouse, in your reality, it is just one more way to attack the "poor helpless" clans cooked up by Omni-Tech to kill the entire population of Rubi-Ka so that Aliens can dance with flowers in their hair and Elvis can sing again and Omni-Prime can pick up the producing contract.

I think I'm about to step in some....... contraversy with my next statement.. but oh well.. I've never been one to shy away from a good debate..

I am actually sorry to hear Mr. Ross has been shot and infected.. Hey.. my opinion is.. better the demon you know.. not that I'm trying to say that Mr. Ross is necessarily a creature from the nether world exactly.. *whispers*"he actually leads them" but he definately is someone the clans know and have worked with on occation.. I wont try to say that everything was peachy between us and Mr. Ross.. but I have some serious concerns with whomever might replace him.

I really don't have any opinion on who actually shot him. It could have been a clan member.. I mean.. god knows Mr. Ross doesn't have many friends in the clans. It could have been a consiracy from within, god knows Mr. Ross has his fair share of usurper wannabe's. But whom ever is to blame, they should be caught. I've never stood for a violent resolution to the Clan/Omni issue. It's probably why I personally detest the Sentinels so much. Wars have only produces hardship and suffering throughout the ages. Why is it we continue to try and solve our problems with the same solution that has failed repeatatively in the past and expect a different result? Diplomacy is the only real way to resolve our issues. Without Mr. Ross at the head of Omni, who will we have to deal with? A very scary thought for this clansperson.

So.. believe it or not.. this clansperson hopes Mr. Ross recovers and that we discover who was actually behind this.

I don't blame Omni-Tek for keeping internal afairs, I'm just stating that theres a lot of people working for Omni-Tek and demanding to know more of these internal afairs and telling those people that they will not hear anything of these internal afairs.
    Internal afairs to OT means not even telling anything to their own employees....well most offem that is.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast