Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Sentinel Attacks on 2HO

Quote Originally Posted by Eigen
    Omni running in west athen brutally killing the town guards and monopolizing a lack of security to molest and kill any hapless clan citizen.
    well hows it feel to get a taste of your own medicine? clans invade rome 2 days in a row while omninet was down... i doubt they came for a tea party... you clans threw the first brick, were just starting to throw back.

Enough of this senseless drivel. Here are the facts:

Simon Silverstone and the Sentinels do NOT represent the entire Clan population.

Simon Silverstone is known for his radically violent views and maverick streak; he only nominally supports the Council of Truth and that's only because he knows his Sentinels can't survive without the rest of the Clans.

Yes, the Sentinels is a paramilitary Clan but this is not representative of even the other so-called "Legacy Clans".

Unlike Omni-Tek, the Clans are not a single corporation and is highly factionalised; Clan leadership is not centralised and is highly disparate. If you truely want peace, don't generalise all Clanners as blood-thirsty, greedy, notum-grubbing parasites. Don't hold an entire group of people responsible for the act of a man who is clearly insane.

What's truely disappointing is that all of you are too busy pointing fingers at each other instead of trying to form even a short-term alliance against the alien threat that has recently plagued us.
    Last edited by Zaedia; Aug 11th, 2005 at 03:36:48.
    Zaedia
    Combat Medic, 5th Medical Corps
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

When i talk about new developments i mean escalations. Battles over notum fields are a part of daily life, and rogue clans or omni running around in the wrong cities tweaking noses is likewise routine, both sides do it and there's no point in denying that.

What i am talking about is an orchastrated attack by a clan that is part of CoT, this is a significant departure from the minor skirmishes that take place around RK and its the clans that have begun this.

I'm not going to tread old ground explaining all the reasons this is bad in light of the alien invasion, but If it wasnt the sentinels behind this attack as has been suggested elsewhere, then its important that someone makes a statement before this situation gets any worse.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

You're completely right: the Council of Truth has to step forward and issue a statement about this. I can see the Coucil of Truth coordinating a defensive action if Omni-Tek organizations take land in what's considered to be "Clan Territory". But it doesn't make sense for the Council of Truth to organize an attack against an Omni-Tek outpost so far away from Clan Territories.

I think the bottom line is that if the Sentinels were indeed involved in this sortee, the Council of Truth must take action against them and show that not all Clanners are barbarians. Like I said before, the Clans are not a singular corporate entity like Omni-Tek. It's not like the CEO of the Clans issued an order to Clan-Pol and Clan-AF and ClanIntern Ops to seize an outpost of strategic importance. You simply cannot look at the Clans in that manner.
    Zaedia
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

How simple are the minds of corporate drones who care only for their paycheck and the profits of the corporation and it's shareholders (or shall we say masters?).

The clans LAST full scale assault was during the 3rd Rubikan war (we're in the 4th currently). What did the clans do?

We pushed an advanced FULL SCALE assault on the southern territories, We got within a few miles of Omni-1.

Check the history records, if they have not been 'editied' by Omni-Reform that is.

Personally I don't agree with the Sentinels tactics, they are flawed since they focus on how much damage and kills they can make instead of keeping clan casualties low, avoid civilian casualties (if any faction) and of course targetting military bases, mining facilities and military personnel instead of targetting outposts which are not tactically important.

The 2HO attack was a show of force from Silverstone, nothing else. Any strategist can tell you that.

There was no tactical or military sense on attacking that outpost, it poses no threat to any clan regions, and as far as I know they had no outstanding military force that could have been considered dangerous to the clans.

Unfortunally right now there are a lot of clans who are driven by young clanners who are easily impressed by the Sentinels' power and their Supreme Commander.

Sad to say, that right now Silverstone has strong support within the CoT representatives, while those older leaders with cooler heads are outnumbered in the council.

Omni-Tek has a board of directors, they base their decisions on PROFITABILITY, nothing else.

The Council of Truth base their decisions on what is best of the clans as a whole, our people's safety, security and a better future for our children.

We're not perfect, but at least our leadership is not driven by proft and pure power as some ignorant omnis claim. They should look at their own bosses and see who are the greedy people pulling the strings all the way from Omni-Prime light years away from our world, safe and comfortable sitting on their mega-trillion profits.

It is the corporation and their board of directors who made every single decision to appoint the morons who enslaved miners, the ones who called atrox worthless, the ones who ARE the reason the clans exist today. People don't rebel without a cause.

The clans rose up in rebellion against tyranny, and even tho today OT may be more 'sensitive' to employees' needs, it doesn't mean the thousands of clanners whose family history is tainted with the innocent blood of their clan ancestors will just say 'ok, OT is not enslaving us...let us give up all the lands we fought so hard to earn over the past few centuries, and just either join them or leave our homeworld for the good of the corporation'.

That is what OT wants us to do, in peace or in pieces they want clanners to give up the land we hold. They are not interested in justice, freedom or want to negotiate a lasting peace.

The last peace treaty was a joke, OT has just come out of a large corporate war and they were in debt up to their necks. They could NOT afford to fight the clans financially, therefore they settled for the Tir Accord until they got back on their feet.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Omni-Tek takes the liberty to label the known terrorist organizaton 'Dust Brigade' as clan. I'm yet to hear the CoT or any respectable clan recognize those bastards as members of a CLAN.

The dusters have attacked clan cities and leaders over the years, myself included. However in my long observation of these masked commandos and their activities I have noticed something.

The DB that appeared at the end of the 3rd war had only targetted omnis, never clanners. Then they dissapeared, when they resurfaced a few years ago, they had masks...and targetted ALL factions.

These terrorists carry the same name as the DB from the old war, but it is in my opinion that they are NOT the original DB.

Who could provide the masked commandos we see in PW their advanced weaponry and armor technology, they are obviously genetically enhanced to be so damn tough to kill.

I can only deduce that a corporation would have to be backing them financially for them to continue their operation through all these years.

Can you make a guess as to which corporation would benefit from the DB called a terrorist clan who targets 'innocent' employees and civilians?

Before the DB showed up the clans were gaining galactic support, OT was looking bad, their image was going down the toilet.

Councidence?

So before any more employees without a clue continue their mindless bashing of the clans without knowing what they're talking about PLEASE get informed before you do (I suggest independent sources of informations, since Omni-Press is just a corporate propaganda machine).

And yes, I'm military...and no, I'm not with Silverstone, I got common sense.

PS: The Sentinels will always see OT as the main threat, even if the aliens were at their base every single day. Silvertone's hate for omnis is that strong.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Aug 11th, 2005 at 04:32:56.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Okay. The time for pointing fingers at one another must pass. Of course Omni-Tek's decisions will be based on profit. They didn't get to be the number one hyper-corporation in known space because of their altruistic pursuits. And, yes, the Clanners do deserve a piece of Rubi-Ka because their ancestors helped to shape the planet into what it is today.

I'm very disappointed that the Council of Truth cannot re-direct Simon Silverstone and his destructive energies toward our new, mutual enemies. He's acting like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum and he must be stopped, but not by Omni-Tek. If the Council of Truth gets down to business and deals with Simon, then we'll know the CoT is serious about peace and acting in the best interest of the Clans.

A tragic catastrophe would ensue if someone else other than the Clans had to deal with Simon Silverstone. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that.
    Zaedia
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Omni-Tek has a board of directors, they base their decisions on PROFITABILITY, nothing else.

The Council of Truth base their decisions on what is best of the clans as a whole, our people's safety, security and a better future for our children.
    Oh give it a rest with all this moral superiority of the Clan business. Maybe there it was true 200 years ago, but don't come and tell me Clanners don't care about profitability these days. Most Clanners are a lot wealthier than I am. Some even live in Castles with dragon in their basements all enjoy calling themselves lords and ladies.

Let's be clear, in action if not in words, the Clan are no different from Omni. They have been as aggressive against the Neutrals, just as greedy when it comes to mining notun, just as callous when it comes to killing peaceful intelligent species like rhinomen or Yuttos and just as full criminals who happily kill thier own guards and merchants. Where are the great Clan humanitarian works? Where do we see Clan act for justice rather the just self-interest? What have the done for the environment? Heck not even the CoT is democratic body not really.

The situation in Tir is enough to show how morally bankrupt many Clans are these days. The Clans never asked for Neturals to be shot on sight in Tir, but they go along with it as long as it appeases big man Silverstone. Justice? Right right.

If the Clan wish to feel morally superior to Omni-Tek, they need to do something concrete about to earn this right. As it stands, any impartial observer will tell you that there is little to choose betwene the sides these days.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Omni-Tek takes the liberty to label the known terrorist organizaton 'Dust Brigade' as clan. I'm yet to hear the CoT or any respectable clan recognize those bastards as members of a CLAN.

The dusters have attacked clan cities and leaders over the years, myself included. However in my long observation of these masked commandos and their activities I have noticed something.
    Ah, well tell me, what makes a "respectable Clan"? Who decides? Who sits in judgement and says "I don't like your ideas, you not Clan". It was not long ago that CoT Clerk Fixerben was saying he did not think the Sentinels were a Clan because of how they acted, now of course he is cutting deals with Silverstone.

Clanners have fought Clanners before. Is Vixentrox nor longer a Clanner becasue she fought against the Sentinels? What of all those who attack the Clan merchants and guards routinely?

I clearly recall a time when the Dust Brigade were clearly identified as a Clan. In some documents they were even referred to as a Legacy Clan. If there is a process by which a Clan be stripped of its Clan birth right, I'd love to hear about it.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Aug 11th, 2005 at 08:28:06.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Zaedia you may be completely right that Silverstone and his Sentinels does not represent the entirety of the clans. However ,there is no arguing he represent a very large portion of it. Larger than,perhaps, anyone else. Does that seem slightly disturbing to you? The rest of the clans need to wake up and realize that soon they will be a dying breed. There is no such thing as a clanner fighting for his freedom since that freedom has been given a long time ago. A fighting clanner of today is a clanner fighting for himself and ,what you despise the most publicly, profit.

Windguaerd, you do have common sense it seems....
    But you do have some serious flaws to your understanding of the corporation Omni Tek aswell. The Board of Directors does make theyre decisions mainly based on how they can make a best possible profit. Additionally they have to follow rules witch prevent them from stepping out of line. These rules are something the clanners refuse to abide by since it would be hindering theyre "freedom".
    You do realize that Omni Tek have been attacked by the Dust Brigade and suffered from theyre terrorist activities atleast as much as the clans and the Neutrals right? Coming out here and, not only imply, that DB is Omni Tek controlled is beyond arrogance and, dare I say, ignorance....
    You ask what company would be best suited with backing the DB so they can further enhance the chaos on this planet? Just do a search on galactic corporations and you have your list of suspects.

Savoy makes an exremely accurate comment when she points out the fact that no one can decide who is a clanner and not. Any madman can gather up a group of equal minded psychos and call it a clan. That is exactly why the clans shall never prosper and grow. Too many arms and legs, no brain. If Omni Tek ever should abandon this planet and no other corporation move in legally, witch is unlikely, the clans would kill eachother until there would only be one single clansman left. Im sure you understand I am exaggerating but I am sure you understand my point.
    Last edited by Naefen; Aug 11th, 2005 at 09:08:07.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Oh give it a rest with all this moral superiority of the Clan business. Maybe there it was true 200 years ago, but don't come and tell me Clanners don't care about profitability these days. Most Clanners are a lot wealthier than I am. Some even live in Castles with dragon in their basements all enjoy calling themselves lords and ladies.
    Hmm...so far I heard of only one. And even he made his fortune as employee of Omni Tek, before learning errors of his way and turn Clan. How's that neutral buisness of yours doing btw?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

BalalaBoolooloo... *waves his hands franticly*

I think this editorial says it well...

The Voice of Freedom
    November 28, 29475

by The Editor

"We’re entering a new era on Rubi-Ka. The Voice – together with many other media channels – has complained about Omni-Tek’s indiscriminate immigration policies which allow anyone wishing to take a shot at life on Rubi-Ka to get free transportation (without a return ticket, mind you) to our world. Problem is, the very moment these plucky new citizens arrive more than half of them break their contracts and either join the clans or simply stride out into the wild to fire off their guns at the wildlife or (worse) their fellow colonists. And the problem with that is that these people aren’t fighting for freedom, liberty, and justice for all. They’re thrill seekers, rogues, apolitical and amoral criminals who give the clans (and neutrals) a bad name."
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    I admit there acctually are some clans that DO want peace, New Dawn for example, and we grant them that, if only the rest were the same...
    See, clans don't need anyone to grant them anything. who says OT is in the position of "grant"-ing anything? And you call clans power hungry. It’s even more embarrassing since you do not have the moral right or the actual power to “grant” the right to peace.
    Anyway, assuming OT starts to understand this aspect we can start working together. When OT armed forces (including the Unicorns) will not attack clanners on sight, maybe those clanners will come join OT in fight against aliens and terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    They’re thrill seekers, rogues, apolitical and amoral criminals who........
    ".......have turned the clans into what they are today."

Thats how I would end that sentence.....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

What disturbs me most, Naefan, is that no one wants to reach any common ground. But then again, I suppose playing nice and getting along with one another is horribly boring.

But you're right. There does seem to be a growing trend amongst the Clans where arraying their weapons against anyone who doesn't agree with them is the status quo. I remember travelling through Old Athens a few nights ago past the primary Whompa cluster. I don't remember his name but some Clanner was doing his best to incite a riot against Omni-Tek in Rome. I asked him why he was doing that and he didn't have a good reason. "Just cuz," he said. And in a seperate incident, members of Avatars Reloaded poured into Omni-Trade with the sole intent on attacking the Unicorn troops that had been garrisoned by the Grid Node. I asked some of them why they were attacking. "Because we can," was the answer.

Now I've seen plenty of Omni-Tek employees and Neutrals travelling to the Old Athens Whompa Cluster seeking to engage in combat with someone. But the difference is that it's only one or two seeking to test their skills in single combat against a well-equipped Clanner. It isn't a deluge of troops pouring in to destroy everyone and everything, "Just cuz."

On that same note, however, a few months ago the suppression gas in Old Athens mysteriously dropped below safe levels to 25%. Soon after, a host of Omni-Tek troops poured in through the Grid Node and headed straight for the Prison. At least they had a clear goal though.

The same can't be said for the Clans lately other than to "kick ass and chew bubblegum."

These random acts of violence against each other is wholly dissappointing.
    Zaedia
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    ".......have turned the clans into what they are today."

Thats how I would end that sentence.....
    You certainly would, because you seemingly do not understand that some of the people who have been thrown on this planet for the gain of profit for the coorporation just disband imediately from Omni-Tek to do whatever they please. And ofcourse they choose the Clan side so they can do as they please. They fight for no cause. They are not affiliated with the Council either. There comes your missunderstandment of lumping people together.
    The Council has no affiliation with those rogues and thrill seekers. Yet you see it as something the Clanners do. Its something those people do with a Clan tag on them, while they are nothing other than some people who are here on the planet because they won't die if they get shot anyway so what the hell.
    The CLANS as you say it did not open the gates. The Clans did not come up with the attractive slogans to lure those same criminals here that say "Rubi-Ka: Where Death Isn't Fatal!"

blieve me when I would attack any outpost in Rubi-Ka I will surely have a valid reason.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Zaedia you may be completely right that Silverstone and his Sentinels does not represent the entirety of the clans. However ,there is no arguing he represent a very large portion of it. Larger than,perhaps, anyone else. Does that seem slightly disturbing to you? The rest of the clans need to wake up and realize that soon they will be a dying breed. There is no such thing as a clanner fighting for his freedom since that freedom has been given a long time ago. A fighting clanner of today is a clanner fighting for himself and ,what you despise the most publicly, profit.
    Oh, come on now, Naef. Silverstone probably represents a lot more people than he used to, but it's only the same types. Clowns, psychos and profiteers. The vast majority of the Clans are still the same as always, and maintain the ideal of freedom. If you have such a census showing that the majority (and I mean a real one, like, more than 50%) of Clanners are now supporters of the Sentinels, I'd be inclined to agree with you and say you are right. But, you're not, and you don't know, and you're just making this **** up like most Omni employees do.

And you say that the Clanner of yesteryear is an anachronism? Oh really now? And what do you say to the largest increase in Omni troop count since the ICC stepped in? The Unicorns...oh, come now, Maartens! They are just here for...um...ceremonial purposes. Yeah! That's the ticket! They are going to do the Changing of the Guard Ceremony outside of OT-1 HQ. Give me a break, man. More than ever, the Clanner and our brethren will be needed to insure that Rubi-Ka is maintained in the way it has been until very recent times. A planet where everyone may choose who they work for and how they earn their living.

Come to think of it, I see more freedom now within the structure of OTRK than I have ever seen before! Who do you think made all of that possible? Philip Ross, with the aid of men like Henri Radiman, who showed Philip that it is possible to be free and still be profitable. And that you must listen to those you lead. Well, you can kiss all that goodbye now. I don't believe the Unicorns are going to allow you this kind of freedom you have tasted ever again. It's back to the same old OT! Yellow journalism, internal security sweeps in the name of "justice", and the standard "kill them all since we can't tell what kind of Clanner you are".

Windguaerd, you do have common sense it seems....
    But you do have some serious flaws to your understanding of the corporation Omni Tek aswell. The Board of Directors does make theyre decisions mainly based on how they can make a best possible profit. Additionally they have to follow rules witch prevent them from stepping out of line. These rules are something the clanners refuse to abide by since it would be hindering theyre "freedom".
    You do realize that Omni Tek have been attacked by the Dust Brigade and suffered from theyre terrorist activities atleast as much as the clans and the Neutrals right? Coming out here and, not only imply, that DB is Omni Tek controlled is beyond arrogance and, dare I say, ignorance....
    You ask what company would be best suited with backing the DB so they can further enhance the chaos on this planet? Just do a search on galactic corporations and you have your list of suspects.
    The Board of Directors only cares about it's profits. It doesn't care about anything else. The "rules" you mention are nothing but ways to insure no one in the company interferes with those profit channels. Anyone who does, like say, Philip Ross, who decided you can be profitable and peaceful, gets ousted by the company and replaced with a bloodthirsty psychopath that makes Simon Silverstone look like Buddha.

And honestly, why is it so farfetched to say that OT isn't funding the DB? Why not? I could think that SBC would be more likely, but hey! Why not OT? Are you somehow now able to wash all that blood from your hands and say that you are not interested in war any longer? Come now, don't be obtuse. We all know that the OTRK forces cannot move against the Clan without some kind of overt provocation. Even Simon Silverstone agreed that it would be foolish to go directly against OTRK forces and the Unicorns because there is no profit in terms of military advantage in that. But hey...drum up some people, dress them in DB uniforms, walk around saying "...ashes to ashes" and blow **** up, and wow...you can stage anything and most will believe it. Has Silverstone come out and said that he did this act against 2HO? If he did, he probably had good intelligence that something really bad was about to happen from that place, and acted first. You may speculate all you want, but until we get word as to what the reasoning behind the attacks are, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass.

Savoy makes an exremely accurate comment when she points out the fact that no one can decide who is a clanner and not. Any madman can gather up a group of equal minded psychos and call it a clan. That is exactly why the clans shall never prosper and grow. Too many arms and legs, no brain. If Omni Tek ever should abandon this planet and no other corporation move in legally, witch is unlikely, the clans would kill eachother until there would only be one single clansman left. Im sure you understand I am exaggerating but I am sure you understand my point.
    Savoy make an extremely accurate comment? That'd be a first. Your idea of what makes a "Clan" is just more idiotic drivel coming from Omni employees that have been fed the Company Hymn since Day 1 while you burped up your strained peas onto some Corporate Nannies' lap. What makes a "Clanner" in the official sense of the word is affiliation with the Council of Truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Either you are with it, or you are not. If you are not, then you are a neutral party as far as the law is concerned. But that's just too damned inconvenient for you bloodthirsty mobs over there in Rome, isn't it? You want to be able to paint with a wide brush full of blood. The Clans HAVE prospered and grown, and it's because we are not any kind of mindless robotic leviathan running the world from one seat. We do just fine here, and it's largely because we are permitted to speak our minds, think what we will, do what we want, and are utterly responsible for our actions in the end. All you have to do is follow orders. Innovation is fed to you.

And the idea that once OT is gone from RK, the Clans will go at each other tooth and nail is just more ridiculous OT thinking. The true Clans are interested in peace, understanding and free trade. Three things that OT doesn't give a fat rat's ass about. Let me give you some history lessons to enhance this. Market force driven Democratic or Representative Democracies do not wage war on each other. End of story. Corporations are nothing like a democracy, so you don't count. Corporations are nothing more than economic extensions of the totalitarian regimes of history. Your assertions are ludicrious. I didn't expect anything less from a mindwiped automaton.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Sure, blame marketing for that little trouble. There are a few brands of paint guns, not made by Omni-Tek, that claim "Where shooting your freind is fun!" then some freek loads it up with marbles and shoots a few people with them. Have you seen what happens to some one when they are hit by a glass marble from a paint gun?

Here's a hint, hit yourself in the face with a hammer, really really hard, then grind in some glass.

Is it the fault of the salogen that some one abused the product? I dont think it is. If the clans want to blame some one for the psycotic clan members, look to those psycotic clan members.

The funny thing is, those who cry so loudly for freedom often try to blame actions upon others, actions that are carried out under the premis of their beliefs.

From what I have read upon the two of them, Mr. Silverston and Mr Radiman, I would much rather have Mr. Radiman guiding the clans, that was a man who was intrested in finding a permanite peacefull solution. Mr Ross was a man who seemed to have similer goals.

I can only hope that we do not have an acting CEO that is similer to Mr. Silverstone, for if we do Rubi-Ka will soon be reduced to ashes and this incident will be remembered as the spart that set the flame.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    Sure, blame marketing for that little trouble. There are a few brands of paint guns, not made by Omni-Tek, that claim "Where shooting your freind is fun!" then some freek loads it up with marbles and shoots a few people with them. Have you seen what happens to some one when they are hit by a glass marble from a paint gun?

Here's a hint, hit yourself in the face with a hammer, really really hard, then grind in some glass.

Is it the fault of the salogen that some one abused the product? I dont think it is. If the clans want to blame some one for the psycotic clan members, look to those psycotic clan members.

The funny thing is, those who cry so loudly for freedom often try to blame actions upon others, actions that are carried out under the premis of their beliefs.

From what I have read upon the two of them, Mr. Silverston and Mr Radiman, I would much rather have Mr. Radiman guiding the clans, that was a man who was intrested in finding a permanite peacefull solution. Mr Ross was a man who seemed to have similer goals.

I can only hope that we do not have an acting CEO that is similer to Mr. Silverstone, for if we do Rubi-Ka will soon be reduced to ashes and this incident will be remembered as the spart that set the flame.
    I have no idea were you are even going here. This whole statement makes about as much sense as five teats on a bull moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    Has Silverstone come out and said that he did this act against 2HO?
    Quote Originally Posted by OTPC
    This obviously planned attack was lead by Silverstone's Sentinels and the attack only confirms Omni-Tek's distrust of this legacy clan.
    If the Sentinels were physically present and leading the attack, what part of your education was so deficient that you think it's reasonable to assume they weren't involved?
    What makes a "Clanner" in the official sense of the word is affiliation with the Council of Truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Either you are with it, or you are not.
    So you're trying to say the Sentinels aren't "really" part of the CoT? Please show me a news report from when they left the Council.

If you are not, then you are a neutral party as far as the law is concerned. But that's just too damned inconvenient for you bloodthirsty mobs over there in Rome, isn't it?
    So if the organizations involved in the attack are not affiliated with the CoT, the clans have no say in what Omni-tek deals with the problem. Correct?

Hmm, interesting thought. If the Sentinels were leading the attack, and the attackers were not affiliated with the CoT, then logically the Sentinals are not affiliated with the CoT.
    Since it's Omni-tek's responsibility to deal with all matters the CoT is not responsible for, then it's up to Omni-tek to decide what to do with the Sentinels.

The High Commander of Tir, who is in charge of the city, is one Commander Fisk of the Sentinels. Since Tir is the Sentinels' city....

Be careful in weaving your pathetic excuses, Maartens. They can land you in deeper trouble than you would ever face if you could simply learn to keep your mouth shut long enough to get the facts straight.

You want to be able to paint with a wide brush full of blood. The Clans HAVE prospered and grown, and it's because we are not any kind of mindless robotic leviathan running the world from one seat. We do just fine here, and it's largely because we are permitted to speak our minds, think what we will, do what we want, and are utterly responsible for our actions in the end.
    The Sentinels led the attack and now you try to say
    • Oh no, they're not "really" part of the Council, never mind that they hold a seat
    • The other individuals are not with us either, so we can't do anything about them. But we don't want Omni-tek to deal with the attackers because that would be repression of the clans.

Yeah. That really sounds like responsibility.

And the idea that once OT is gone from RK, the Clans will go at each other tooth and nail is just more ridiculous OT thinking. The true Clans are interested in peace, understanding and free trade.
    Yeah, right. The clans that want to terraform the other side of the planet and the clan that wants all people removed from the planet will peacefully settle side by side when OT is gone.
    Three things that OT doesn't give a fat rat's ass about. Let me give you some history lessons to enhance this. Market force driven Democratic or Representative Democracies do not wage war on each other. End of story. Corporations are nothing like a democracy, so you don't count. Corporations are nothing more than economic extensions of the totalitarian regimes of history. Your assertions are ludicrious. I didn't expect anything less from a mindwiped automaton.
    Ah yes. I'm sure Simon was elected to his current position within the Sentinels, as was Mr. Fisk. True democracy, that.
    And while I actually like Galahad, the feudal structure of his clan is hardly democratic.
    Last edited by Keldros; Aug 11th, 2005 at 15:45:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    If the Sentinels were physically present and leading the attack, what part of your education was so deficient that you think it's reasonable to assume they weren't involved?

So you're trying to say the Sentinels aren't "really" part of the CoT? Please show me a news report from when they left the Council.

So if the organizations involved in the attack are not affiliated with the CoT, the clans have no say in what Omni-tek deals with the problem. Correct?
    Were they? I have no idea. Neither does anyone else unless they were present. No official news agency of Omni-Tek is going to sway me in any way. They breed liars in their filthy nests. If my education is deficient, then most everyone else here, including yourself, isn't winning any scholastic awards any time soon either. Yes, the Sentinels are part of the CoT. Yes, if they go against the will of the Council and make themselves not subject to it's will, by treaty they are subject to OT law. That's the rule. And I go by the rules.

If it was true, then this attack is certainly justified by what I read in the FJRK report that Simon led a unified Council against an Omni outpost for it's provocative activities in Clan territory by Omni intelligence agents snooping around, trying to size up Clan military and urban outposts. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Once more news comes out, and we hear statements from those in the Council and those in the Sentinels that were actually involved in it, then I will believe what I hear. Until then, this is no more than a bunch of media bull****.

The Sentinels led the attack and now you try to say
    • Oh no, they're not "really" part of the Council, never mind that they hold a seat
    • The other individuals are not with us either, so we can't do anything about them. But we don't want Omni-tek to deal with the attackers because that would be repression of the clans.
    Yeah. That really sounds like responsibility.
    I don't believe I said that the Sentinels were not part of the Council at this present time. We were referring to historical points, were we not? How's your education now, bozo? As it goes, it depends on what was the will of the Council. Did it authorize these attacks or did it not? That is the question. If they did not, then the people involved are renegades by the law. If they did, then it was the actions of a unified Council, and then it's a military matter. Either way, you're twisting references around for your own amusement, and it's rather boring.

Yeah, right. The clans that want to terraform the other side of the planet and the clan that wants all people removed from the planet will peacefully settle side by side when OT is gone.

Ah yes. I'm sure Simon was elected to his current position within the Sentinels, as was Mr. Fisk. True democracy, that.
    And while I actually like Galahad, the feudal structure of his clan is hardly democratic.[
    The "clan" that wants OT removed from the planet is an organization whose collective philosophy does NOT equate to that of the Council. I fail to see how this can be rolled up into the big Clan ball. It's just horse****. Yawn. Simon was elected to his Council position as I understand it. Mr. Fisk? I can't say as I have seen a record of his election, so I do not know. And Galahad is an anachronism, but again, does he merely espouse an anti-OT point of view, or does he actually actively seek out and kill OT wherever he goes? Or wherever his Knights go? No, he and they do not. More bull****. Keep trying, windbag.

he "clan" that wants OT removed from the planet is an organization whose collective philosophy does NOT equate to that of the Council.
    You have an amazing talent to miss the obvious...At least one clan wants all other clans removed from the planet...do you think that will go down peacefully, even without OT involvement?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast