Thread: NCU Belt Disaster

NCU Belt Disaster

On two of my characters, I removed a belt and now cannot load another one. Not even the belt I removed. This is a disaster. Do I need to delete them both? Are all my other characters stuck with 1 slot belts forever? I tried zoning. I tried logging. I tried waiting. I tried casting nanos on myself. I have the stats even unbuffed. One character is level 36. I am needless to say pretty unable to hunt with something like 8 ncus available.

Tried asking on OOC channels, all three factions. Tried sending tells to high levels. As a last resort, tried paging a gm and then watched my petition status climb as someone apparently decided this wasn't an important issue.

Please, has anyone else had this problem and is there a workaround?

*is frustrated*

Are you sure it isn't delay

Belts an NCUs are a bit wierd to equip, did you check the following:

1. Your old belt and NCUs are un-equipped. Unequipping the belt forces the NCUs to unequip. There is a little progress bar at the top left of the screen to show you how the unequip is going. It takes about 1min maybee 90 secs for this to happen. Do not zone while this is happening.

2. When the old belt is unequipped right click the new belt in you inventory. So long as you have the skill for the belt the same progress bar at the top left of the screen will start (another 1 min I think). Don't click anything or zone while this is happening. In fact I think if you right click the belt again you see a message like "Please wait" and it actually then takes about 2 minutes to leave you without a belt.

So long as you remember that the belt takes 1 min to take off and 1 min to put on (I think that each NCU deck upgrade takes 20 seconds to put on) it should work. I have certainly changed belts a lot of times.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

If I remember right you also can't put those on straight from the bag, they need to be in the inventory.

And if rightclicking doesn't help, pick up the new belt after the progressbar has disappeared and drop it on yourself in the equipmentscreen. I've had much trouble with belts especially, and .. well, if it doesn't work the first time, zone and try again.

I had NCU that wouldn't equip

kept saying
    "You need a computer deck"
    or something like that.

So I picked up the item and placed it where I wanted it and it worked fine. Right Clicking would not work no matter waht I tried.

Yup Nexsus is right.

Seen this bug before, you need a GM to 'reset' your char if its what i think it is.

Dont worry it wont hurt ... to much

Demi