Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin Update & RaeSkin Release.

Skin Update & RaeSkin Release.

Some of you may or may not remember my original skin. Well its been updated quite a bit over the last month, and tested enough that there shouldn't be any major problems. It would have been released sooner but I was waiting on permission to use a modified version of the menu from SymbSkin. Well after 2+ weeks I assume he either threw away my email as junkmail or doens't use the email account anymore so I hope he's ok with me using a modified version.

I'm also pleased to bring you a brand new skin, known as RaeSkin, that was made over the last 2-3 days with about 6-7 hours worth of work put into it. I built upon my previous experience working with the anarchy gui and think I've come up with something rather interesting.

Both skins will work with any resolution but I highly suggest a higher resolution for both. Any feedback is appreciated as usual, contact and install info can be found in the readme. Pics and Download for both GUI's can be found here.

Before I end I'd like to give a huge thanks to Flo for making such an awsome website, and Klik for giving me the idea that started the new skin.

Hope you enjoy them and look for more from me in the future.
    -Rae
    Creater of RaeSkin

Download download download, it's the best one out there!
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

Finallly, some fresh meant..err skins.
    Dont now the eta on patch 16, they gonna move stuff around...dont know how that is gonna impact hugemap and spheremap....do you think this skin and your ao client skin will be immune to all that. Just a quick thought would be enough.

At work atm, but looks pretty good.
    keep up the good work.
    thanks
    /afk
    ^¿^
    Zhakkari 219/16 Doc...not fun to play
    Cyappu Retired 201/7 Fix

I honestly have no idea if it will be immune to the changes or not, but if for any reason its not I'll have an update out within a day or two of the patch.

Update: actually after just reading the pre-release patch notes I don't see anything that would effect these.
    Last edited by Raeyll; Aug 1st, 2005 at 23:14:41.
    Creater of RaeSkin

good job on the new skin

Well, after 5 or so minutes of looking around, few things annoy me (and a few questions)

1. The left and right menu bars arent balanced (Some are icons and some are words) It is a bit annoying (But can be fixed with Mini-Bar)

2. How is it possible to move the "RaeSkin" left wing to the very bottom of the screen? Or is that for your resolution? 1024 x 768 windowed mode here.

3. Looking at the first screenshot on your site, under RaeSkin, how is the menu in the middle accessed? Cant seem to find it.

Overall, the idea is great, but just doesnt beat JimFixit's for me. Keep it up though
    Firefoxmp - 220/21/?? Nanomage MP
    Sloathe - 3X/2/?? Nanomage NT

Finally back from WoW! lolendgamecontent

Well, after 5 or so minutes of looking around, few things annoy me (and a few questions)

1. The left and right menu bars arent balanced (Some are icons and some are words) It is a bit annoying (But can be fixed with Mini-Bar)

2. How is it possible to move the "RaeSkin" left wing to the very bottom of the screen? Or is that for your resolution? 1024 x 768 windowed mode here.

3. Looking at the first screenshot on your site, under RaeSkin, how is the menu in the middle accessed? Cant seem to find it.

Overall, the idea is great, but just doesnt beat JimFixit's for me. Keep it up though
    After re-reading ur post i decided to get back in and change my reply to number 1.

1. Misunderstood at first.. the left and right menus are basically not used at all anymore... they arn't meant to be in Raeskin anyway.

2. It should always be at the bottom of the screen in any resolution.. its been tested on quite a few. You did replace the original XML files with the ones included right?

3. The menu is accessed from the arrow next to the AI exp bar and the NCU thing.
    Last edited by Raeyll; Aug 2nd, 2005 at 00:26:10.
    Creater of RaeSkin

I got this thing properly working... with the xml files changed and such... wow.

it pwns. and the visibilty with the ao logo bars thing is great.

Ah, did not do the XML file replacement. Testing it now.

Holy This is an amazing GUI, replaced JimFixit quick. Bump
    Last edited by Firefoxmp; Aug 2nd, 2005 at 09:14:27.

Been using the 1.0 version ever since it first came out and I'm excited to give this one a try.

Bump!

Talking Thanks guys

Thanks for all the kind words everyone happy you'll like it.
    Creater of RaeSkin

I cant find these files: Menu.XML, MenuExt.XML.

Which folder do they go in?
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

The zip is packed to the folder it goes in but it goes in the actionmenu folder with all the other xml files but controlcenter.
    Creater of RaeSkin

umm, found a ... problem...

it botches Clicksaver's slider settings....

the resizing/styling of the slider bar for the Agg/Def makes it so the mission sliders are smaller as well.

Yes, I noticed that since the bars a thinner, that CS doesnt click in the right place.

OMG OMG OMG... Thx for that Raeskin, now my GUI is finaly not mezzed up anymore thx, looks VERY good
    Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    I miss spoke.
    Arosh 220/22/?? Opisexy Fixer
    Zsender 220/18/?? Nanogimp MP
    Villmedic 187/12/?? Solisexy Docta
    Znipe 150/13/?? Lovely Trox Agent <3<3 Much love!

Nice job man,it gets rid of alot of clutter.All execpt the pesky pet window which i just cant find a "comfort zone" with no matter where i put it.

One question though.Was I supposed to lose the animated curser?You know like when you pass it over a object to loot etc. the little gear is gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyphantom
    Nice job man,it gets rid of alot of clutter.All execpt the pesky pet window which i just cant find a "comfort zone" with no matter where i put it.

One question though.Was I supposed to lose the animated curser?You know like when you pass it over a object to loot etc. the little gear is gone now.
    Nope I didn't mess with those files.
    Creater of RaeSkin

Bump for a very nice skin.

I sympathize with the previous poster; I can't figure out what to do with my pet window either.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

great skin! deserves heavy bumpage.
    Pretentious "Sekhra" Love - script... or physical keyboard master manipulation!!!
    Gary
    "Mentallo" Dassing - currently demonstrating industrial power to clan members

Omni-Tek protects.
    Omni-Tek saves.

|| Explorer 86% || Socializer 46% || Achiever 40% || Killer 26% ||

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast