Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Response to the Omni-Tek Lies!

FJRK: Response to the Omni-Tek Lies!

Response to the Omni-Tek Lies!
    July 31 29479
    By Malogar

FJRK - Once again, Miss Moran or rather, Miss Moron, is spreading lies about the clans, claming that we are driven by greed, but we are nothing like the "ohh-so-nice" Omni-Tek sheep she is working for.

It is true that there may be some factions that are aiming for profit, like the Vanguards under Alan Jacobi, while others simply blow stuff up, like Simon Silverstone. While I do not agree with either of these two men, and the methods they use, I have mentioned these two factions, because they are the direct opposite of each other, and it is a choice they have made, and that is what it means to be part of the clans.

The freedom to choose what your life is going to be, and what path you walk. The council of truth, both past and present, have no desire or plans about removing this freedom from any clan member.

As for the events all those years ago, is it true that the accidents in the mines did not cause any loss of life, but that is also the only thing that is true in her report. The equipment used, had not been upgraded since Omni-Tek planted their ugly flag on this world, and the salaries could barely feed a small family. Work shifts were often fifteen hours a day, leaving only eleven hours left for family and sleep, before you had to go trough it all again.

What Miss Moron forgets to mention is that Rubi-Ka has a day span of twenty-seven hours, and those hours are much longer then those of other worlds like Earth, which is still used as standard across the galaxy. If she withheld that little fact on purpose, or if she is just a plain idiot, I can’t know for sure. But I can tell you that I am fed up with her lies. I seriously wish that someone could knock her of that pedestal she has placed herself on, then maybe......just maybe, she would check all the facts, instead of twisting everything she finds into something bad.

As for her dream, that Mr. Zorroa, or whatever he is named, will cleanse this planet of us, I can only say one thing, that I am sure that everyone amongst the clans agree with me on.

The Voice of Freedom can not and will not be silenced!

Long Live the Clans!
    Last edited by Socialfly; Aug 2nd, 2005 at 00:30:31.

Crist, and I thought it couldn't get any worse.....
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

You Clams like to say how Omni-Tek brainwashes its employees that you can only be a free thinker if you join the Clans. Well, the recent editorial by Ms. Moran is proof that we Omnis have freedom of thought. Ms. Moran was expressing her "opinions" as is normal in an editorial. While some in the company may share her thoughts, not all of us do. Don't consider that one or two editorial remarks are an excuse to escalate violence.

She speaks for herself (and those few who share her beliefs), but not all of the company.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Is it me or have certain elements on both sides colluded to up the ante in the conflict? First miss Moran's appaling editorial now this populist crap instead of a reasoned response?

As an open-minded employee of omni-tek i always take care to read reports from all sides of the conflict, but this leaves me rather shocked and wishing for the days of intelligent reporters like the late, lamented (and not just by the clans) Kemalyn Jarkos.

Please, give an intelligent rebuttal to the kind of rubbish that Moran posted or just ignore it, but dont fan the flames...

And dont for one second imagine every employee of omni-tek shares miss Moran's misguided views
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

There are people on all sides who would benefit from heating the conflict...
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    There are people on all sides who would benefit from heating the conflict...
    True, unfortunately.
    And there are also people on all sides that will say things without realizing that they're contributing to perpetuating this war, for whatever reason.
    For all our progress and our brain implants and such, we still haven't ensured that people think (twice) before they speak (once)..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I don't think either one of these two editorials are doing any good to anyone except for the two people who wrote it.
    The one has anger for Clans and the other for Omni-Tek.
    I'm fine with that since everyones got their problems, and everyone thinks of it this way or the other and that should be respected.

However if you do, don't break them up to us. We already know what we want and what the history is.

Propaganda is not good on any side.

Be a reporter...write about events that occur, dont unleash your hate in the news, if you want you can come side by side with me and unleash it in the battlefield.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    Response to the Omni-Tek Lies!
    July 31 29479
    By Malogar

FJRK - Once again, Miss Moran or rather, Miss Moron, is spreading lies about the clans, claming that we are driven by greed, but we are nothing like the "ohh-so-nice" Omni-Tek sheep she is working for.

It is true that there may be some factions that are aiming for profit, like the Vanguards under Alan Jacobi, while others simply blow stuff up, like Simon Silverstone. While I do not agree with either of these two men, and the methods they use, I have mentioned these two factions, because they are the direct opposite of each other, and it is a choice they have made, and that is what it means to be part of the clans.
    in responce to omni lies you start w/ "it is true"...

so profit or excessive force...is the what it means tobe a clanner?.....what happened to the freedom and unity you sold people on?

As for the events all those years ago, is it true that the accidents in the mines did not cause any loss of life, but that is also the only thing that is true in her report. The equipment used, had not been upgraded since Omni-Tek planted their ugly flag on this world, and the salaries could barely feed a small family.

The equipment was top of the line for it's time and shiped to one of the most remote system's in known space...concidering how omni builds stuff for long term operations that equipment would have had a life cycle far beyond what the clanners are implying.

What Miss Moron forgets to mention is that Rubi-Ka has a day span of twenty-six hours, and those hours are much longer then those of other worlds like Earth, which is still used as standard across the galaxy. If she withheld that little fact on purpose, or if she is just a plain idiot, I can’t know for sure. But I can tell you that I am fed up with her lies. I seriously wish that someone could knock her of that pedestal she has placed herself on, then maybe......just maybe, she would check all the facts, instead of twisting everything she finds into something bad.
    we also only have a timed lease to get as much out of the planet as possable.
    if if we cut production by 40% over 100's of years...I think you clanners can even add up the profit loss.....omni-med has been more then accomadating the labour force w/ the increaced workload(i'm omni and have no problem pulling my share of the workload) and even bio engennered new beed's of homo-solitus and offer dna enhanchment to any solitus intrested in it so there would be worker's capable of doing this task asked of them..they also harnessed nano bots to increace the stregth's of the workers when they had problems....incase you haven't noticed the clan have increased mineing beyond what omni-tek does today...so who is really pushing the worker's beyond there means?
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Aug 1st, 2005 at 18:11:43.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

I think what we have here, between this and the OTPC article is a little foretaste of the future.

The side that wins the war will have the honour of rewriting history for the generations to come.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Total and utter BS...

I have a quote for each of you..

Cry ''havoc!'' and let loose the dogs of war, that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Total and utter BS...

I have a quote for each of you..

Cry ''havoc!'' and let loose the dogs of war, that this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.
    I think the quote is "let slip the dogs of war". Well, that's the Clan educational system for you. :-P

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Aug 1st, 2005 at 21:01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    I think the quote is "let slip the dogs of war". Well, that's the Clan educational system for you. :-P

Savoy
    Actually, Savoy, It is "let loose".

As for the words of this press release, well Malogar is also wrong in some of his words, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Malogar
    As for the events all those years ago, is it true that the accidents in the mines did not cause any loss of life, but that is also the only thing that is true in her report.
    Which is not true, there were many lost lives in those mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi-Ka Timeline
    29112 - ICC receives the first serious complaints regarding Omni-Tek workers' conditions on Rubi-Ka. The mortality rate of the miners is alarmingly high, as are reports of brutality by security forces. Meanwhile, the salaries of OT workers are starting a downwards slide, caused - officials say - by a decline in the galactic economy and the demand for notum.

November 02 29129 - A notum mine near Omni-2 collapses, trapping three hundred automatons, eighty-five bio-engineered non-sentient creatures, and seventy-two Atrox workers. Omni-Tek refuses to launch a rescue-operation, claiming time and cost concerns, and a limited chance of success.

29137 - Deadly accidents in the notum-mines increase at a rate of ten percent per year.

July 31 29199 - After a series of terrible accidents, the Guild announces a general strike, demanding new equipment, reduced shifts, and higher salaries. Omni-Tek declares the strike illegal, and sends in heavily armed troops to ensure the continued operation of the mines.
    I think both sides here need to check their facts when posting anything publically, since both sides were factually incorrect. Your oppinion should be based on facts, not pulled completely out of your anus.

I suggest both the FJRK and OTPC remove their heads from their rear ends so they can see the light cast on the situation by the facts of history.

{OOC: What were you thinking?}

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

If we are talking Shakespeare, the quote is most certainly "let slip".

Savoy

OOC:

{OOC: What were you thinking?}
    Double check the dates in the timeline. Both articles are refering to the entry that is 87 years after the first entry you mention. It is not in reference the the accidents as a whole in RK history, it is in reference to that specific dates entry, where no loss of life was reported, and the events that took place afterwards.

/OOC
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialfly
    OOC:

Double check the dates in the timeline. Both articles are refering to the entry that is 87 years after the first entry you mention. It is not in reference the the accidents as a whole in RK history, it is in reference to that specific dates entry, where no loss of life was reported, and the events that took place afterwards.

/OOC
    {I'm sending an Email explaining this logically to the events Email address. }

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Savoy
    Off the cuff I'd agree with you, Savoy, it sounds a lot more like the Barde's time to say "let slip"..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

As to the Shakespeare that seems to be as important as the artical I have only this to say. Language shift. As the times change the language shifts to take into effect new "slang" and word association. So depending upon when your copy of Shakespeare was edited and published it may say slip, loose, release, let fly or a host of other things.

Second, the past is the past, many of you continue to point at events before Miss Maron quouted times as proof that that she was lying. She was talking about events at the officail founding of the clans, not of the workers guild. Before you tell people to get their facts strait, you should attempt to have yours strait.

Mining equipment, due to how hard it is to consturct and transport, is designed to last for decades if not centuries and no company no matter how wealthy can afford to upgrade it ever six months to a year. Imagine having to buy a Yalm that often.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Savoy
    Actually... Mrs Savoy is correct.. Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I.

“Oh forgive me, you bleeding piece of earth, for cooperating with these butchers. You are the noblest man who ever lived in all of history. Over your wounds now I predict the future… And Caesar’s ghost, roaming about in search of revenge, with hate at his side still hot from hell, will in these boundaries with a ruler’s voice cry ‘HAVOC’ and let slip the dogs of war, so that this terrible action will smell above the earth, with rotting corpses, begging to be buried.”

Missquote withstanding, the analogy remains.

And thank you for your pompous, high and mighty, focus on a single word miss quoted. Your close mindedness or meglamania does not surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    And thank you for your pompous, high and mighty, focus on a single word miss quoted. Your close mindedness or meglamania does not surprise.
    I think the word you may be looking for is 'megalomania'. :-p

Savoy

I think the word you may be looking for is 'megalomania'. :-p

Savoy
    Hehe, you're being cruel now..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast