Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions I would like answered, Eco

wouldn't the ecosystem collapse without human intervention? i mean, the ecosystem we know now is due to human intervention. and really it seems to me that Rubi-Ka has a greater biodeversity then it once did, considering there are different environments/biomes then there was when Atlantean first landed. weather systems seem to have been created due to atsompheric change generating plant life, or the tree you so desperatly want to defend. really, to be quite honest if it wasn't for human intervention in the first place you would have nothing to defend.

and as far as the mining goes in relation to the Homo-Nanomage species, you would not even be around if it wasn't for notum in the first place. in other wprds you have notum mining to be thankful for. you complain about the mining situation, but it was that very mining that created you in the first place, and if the mining stops the ecosystem (which is dependant on the notum) collapses. when that collapses we see extreme shifts in weather patterns, as well as storm stregnth. the planet will divert back into a barren rock. everyone will loose interest in the planet, and the population stuck on the planet will die.

and still there is no evidence for or against the eventuial depletion of notum in the near or distant future. it is unknown at the rate by which the element renews it's self, or how much there is of it on the planet. the amount of the planet hospitiable to life is only, roughly, 20%. as such we have a whole large section of the pie to eat, and we haven't even finished our first slice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelme
    wouldn't the ecosystem collapse without human intervention? i mean, the ecosystem we know now is due to human intervention. and really it seems to me that Rubi-Ka has a greater biodeversity then it once did, considering there are different environments/biomes then there was when Atlantean first landed. weather systems seem to have been created due to atsompheric change generating plant life, or the tree you so desperatly want to defend. really, to be quite honest if it wasn't for human intervention in the first place you would have nothing to defend.

and as far as the mining goes in relation to the Homo-Nanomage species, you would not even be around if it wasn't for notum in the first place. in other wprds you have notum mining to be thankful for. you complain about the mining situation, but it was that very mining that created you in the first place, and if the mining stops the ecosystem (which is dependant on the notum) collapses. when that collapses we see extreme shifts in weather patterns, as well as storm stregnth. the planet will divert back into a barren rock. everyone will loose interest in the planet, and the population stuck on the planet will die.

and still there is no evidence for or against the eventuial depletion of notum in the near or distant future. it is unknown at the rate by which the element renews it's self, or how much there is of it on the planet. the amount of the planet hospitiable to life is only, roughly, 20%. as such we have a whole large section of the pie to eat, and we haven't even finished our first slice.
    Your first part is right dude, the eco system on Rubi-Ka is Omni-Tek's greatest achievment man. It is a work of art dude. My hat, if I had one buddy which I don't, would be off to them. It would be fricking off to them. But it is still fragile dude, and being artificial makes it more so. The tree I love so much, is part of the cycle dude. Like, I need the tree and the tree needs me, love the trees man. They are your friends.

But then some guys put big holes everywhere dude, they like put some green muck in the water or kill the rollerrats for sport man..FOR FRICKING SPORT! mutters slightly. It's all like killing the tree man, but like on a bigger scale. Like I am on a one scale with the tree but the whole thing is like on another...only bigger. And then the man says, hey like you can all make the big holes. And it gets worse, ask yourself dude. Where are the fish? Where have the sharks gone and the Borealis land-pirahnas dude?

((Unless something has changed there are no fish like the sharks and pirahnas in AO after they were 'killed off'. Please correct me if I am wrong as it has been a few months since I was last in game.))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Naxilite
    ((Unless something has changed there are no fish like the sharks and pirahnas in AO after they were 'killed off'. Please correct me if I am wrong as it has been a few months since I was last in game.))
    (( Apart from in the Adonis Abyss, I don't think there are any fish left. Well, and the citiys HQ, if it's not just a hologram or anything. ))

Why don't anyone listen to what we say?

We don't want to stop notum mining as awhole! We want to stop the export!
    It's the export of notum that kills us, it's the export that bleeds Mother Ka dry of her Notum!

Wake up already!!!!

And what is it with this, "We don't have to stop cause if it's depleting it will take a whole lot of years to do anyway" attitude?
    If Notum depletes something should be done NOW!! Not when it's alost empty!
    Haven't you solitus learned anything from your past??

You always act when it is too late. All your history is based on that fact!
    So stop telling us that only our grand-grand children would be affected and such!
    And for your information, we have had several mages die of Notum depletion over the last year. Granted they were weaker and more susceptible to the depletion, but it's only a taste of what awaits the rest of us in the near or distant future!
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

your stopping the supply of export is the same as stopping mining outright, you would condem the galaxy just to save yourself.

And to which planet does the notum belong? Is it not mother Ka where it existed in the first place?

Even if we didnt stop the mining, sooner or later the notum would run out and the rest of the universe would be in the exact same position as they will be if we stop it. Then I say it is better to save our own planet and let them deal with that problem now then put it off into the future. Sooner or later they will have to deal with it anyway so why prelong the unavoidable?

And there he goes again about condemning the universe by stopping export.

We ONLY steal the universe of a LUXURY!! Not a necissity for living!!

Are you daft? Or are you just so blinded by your own greed that you don't see the truth even when it's fed to you with a spoon?

Jeez!

Excactly Krimli!

Better to make them used to live without notum already now than waiting till the whole galaxy is addicted to the luxury like a drug and fall into detoriation cause they don't know what to do without this litte thing that made their life simpler (mind you not a thing that was necessary for them to live).
    Last edited by Sorceress; Sep 12th, 2005 at 16:07:33.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    And what is it with this, "We don't have to stop cause if it's depleting it will take a whole lot of years to do anyway" attitude?
    If Notum depletes something should be done NOW!! Not when it's alost empty!
    Haven't you solitus learned anything from your past??

You always act when it is too late. All your history is based on that fact!
    So stop telling us that only our grand-grand children would be affected and such!
    And for your information, we have had several mages die of Notum depletion over the last year. Granted they were weaker and more susceptible to the depletion, but it's only a taste of what awaits the rest of us in the near or distant future!
    Yeah, it's a sad fact that humans never learn until it's too late, or at least almost too late.
    Like, look at all the people polluting their bodies with toxic substances and acting like blithering fools because of it..
    Yeah, and we're hurting the environment and we're hurting ourselves and eachother.. And we never stop to ask if it's really necessary.. Yeah, we just go on and on..

Hmm, good stuff that I found on that last body, man.. I think I'll lay off it for a while, though, too many weird things to look at right now..
    *Looks intently at his hand moving around*

((Dang but I'm slow! It's only now that I see the most obvious of all the parallels *slaps himself with a smoked herring* Hey, who smoked that herring, I was saving it for after dinner! ))
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

i am guessing the medical advances are considered a luxury, as is the terraforming of the planet. as well as reclaim and cloning. as well as the fact that notum export is what sustain the planet, or it is what rubi-ka depends on for food shipments. and yes, notum might be depleted but the fact is you don't start the economy into a downward spiral now rather then try and wait for a substitute to make its self avaible. the governments on this planet are dependant upon notum, the economy is dependant upon notum, if you take out notum from the equasion you create an unbalanced equasion. a vaccume would both be created in the galatic market as well as the political arena on rubi-ka, to stop notum flow now in it's most crutial moment would be to destory everything, once a substitute can be found to replace the element then we are stuck with it.

Seriously.... as long as Notum remains in one place Insurance, terraforming, Nanomages, Jobe, Nanobots... ect ect ect will work/survive. We've been over this.

Yes Kotts, we have. But seriously. I think we could go over this over and over again, feeding it to this guy with a silver spoon, and still he would go back to the same arguments, never learning or understanding. I am seriously doubting that he does anything then just rome through our text, never really reading it since he points at the same stuff each time and we give him the same answers each time.

Waste of time.

think we can just thwap him over the head with said silver spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts
    think we can just thwap him over the head with said silver spoon?
    If I were you I'd find a place where you might actually damage something..
    And then give me his stash, I'll make sure it's put to good.. ermm, I mean I'll destroy it for sure!
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I am inclined to believe that Jokzer is right about that we wont hit where it will make damage if we use the silver spoon. On the other hand I grow tired of typing the same things in new words over and over again so I am prepaired to try anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12