Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OTPC: Memories of the Past: Treason of the Miners

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    I direct your attention to the following events.

First, July 04 29470, The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next, July 05 29470, Simon Silverstone, leader of the clan Sentinels, declares that the members of the Council of Truth are traitors to the clan cause, and cuts all political ties with the Council. The Sentinels are immediately joined by a large number of extremist clans.

Some resolution, your current beloved leader calls your Shining Example of peace a collection of trators and breaks ties with them.
    What the Sentinels did at the time was not in control of the Council of Truth, and therefore were not answerable to them. In essence, they were renegades from the Council, and are not therefore associated with them other than to say that they called themselves "Clanners". So, thanks for the very interesting interpretation of events, but if you seperate yourself from an organization, you aren't with it any longer. QED.

Another example of how peace loving the clans were, and perhaps still are.

(yadda yadda yadda, I too can read the history rolls)

It took an unknown force to cause the new Council of Truth to form, thus I feel the clans can take credit for its recreation despite the work they put into it.
    Well, despite all you can say about it, The Sentinels did NOT represent the Council. They went against it. And no one knows who the Dust Brigade even is, much less who they support or who they work for. They kill Clanners, Neutrals and Omni's equally. The bottom line here is that, regardless of your 10 mile long cut and paste, a group of renegades did all of the things you are equating to the Council, and it's not true at all. So yeah, nice interpretation again. Not true, but funny.

December 16 29477, A coalition of Omni Tek and Clan forces lead an expedition to Milky Way and fought a running battle with mercenary forces that resulted in the successful recovery of the prototype Notum Infused Suit.

This, however, shows however that Omni-Tek and the clans can work together when the goal can be agreed upon.
    Don't think it was the Sentinels that did this, do you? No. I don't believe so. And this type of cooperation is so seldom in occurance that it's a statistical blurb in the vast listings of OT wrongdoing.

February 14 29478, Newland City finally evicts Loren Warr and the mercenaries, replacing them with the newly formed Newland Militia. The return of true neutrality to Newland rekindles the debate over the Sentinels treatment of neutrals in Tir.

I am still failing to see a pattern of peace before violence from the clans and Mr. Silverston.
    A vast majority of Clanners do NOT support the Sentinels, and the "majority" they received in the Council vote all the OT's love to point to wasn't even a simple majority by long-ago accepted parlimentary points of protocol. This is why someone as stupid as Silverstone wouldn't accept the seat; he couldn't be the Emporer of Rubi-Ka, or whatever he was thinking he would be able to make out of the shards of the Council that he himself tried to destroy. Why they invited the simp into the fold in the first place is a bit of a mystery, but in essence, you can't exclude a guy that commands that many fiercely competent fanatical troops unless you want to cut your own throat. Politics are the art of compromise, and that's about as fine as an example as you can make. The man is a monster, but apparently he is our monster.

Now as to your claims that we perfer to deal with situations with brutal force, there are two key events that I must draw your attention to.

The first was on July 04 29470 when The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next there is the event of October 25 29475 where On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.
    A cease-fire and amnesty that did not apply to everyone, and it was an OT internal security sweep disguised as an altruistic and unilateral move. Most of us didn't fall for it, as we watched OT thugs run through Clan cities and arrest people with no charges, no respect for law or anything else that would pass for the rule of law. No, as with most OT offerings of "peace", it's usually a smokescreen or delaying tactic to initiate and complete an operation for the OTAF or IntSec. A very successful strategy in warfare, to be certain, worthy of Sun Tzu. Only don't be lying about it to us. We all know better, mmmkay?

At no time did I claim that Omni-Tek won the Corperate Wars, I was saying that if one of the other Corperations were to overtly aid the clans that it could trigger another one. Right now Rubi-Ka is not exactly desired territory due to the Alien Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

Seems to me that the Clans haven't used what we could have always used. Those other corporations. We could get Sol Banking here, along with a LOT of other corporations that would like to get their mitts into the mining operations of this planet, but we don't. Do you know why? Because all we wanted was to be treated fairly and honorably. And OT fails the grade every time. We always hear about how OT never really put what it could into this conflict or the Clans would be eradicated by now. The same applies. But we know that OT put in what it could AFFORD to put in, and not a penny more or less. It's amusing, but we know how corporations work. We could have formed up alliances with all of these other corporations for a REAL mother of a blowout fight. But we didn't, because we love Rubi-Ka, and we want to live here. In peace.
    I still fail to see how this goes to any lengths to prove how peace loving the clans are, and more so your self. Anyone can claim that they have not used resourses because that they do not have. I can claim to have an anti-matter bomb and go on to say that I have not used it because I love peace or dislike whole sale murder. As to the wish of the clans wishing to be treated fairly and honorably, I refer you back to the Tir accord and amensty.
    The nice thing about the situation as it is is that OT can't tell us jack squat about what we "have" to accept, or what we "must" do. Quite frankly, the ICC partitioned this world off. Clans get the north, Omni the south, and the Neutrals get the middle. As far as this trader is concerned, that's where it stands. The Clans are peace loving, except when OT tries to muscle in on what was given to us as our territory. And when you try to deal with a madman like Silverstone, or the non-Clanner Dust Brigade which you OT people seem to love to lump in with the extremist Clan organizations. It's not a Clan organization. The Council of Truth members are the Clan organizations now, and that is how the law is written. If they don't afflilate, they are subject to OT law. So guess what? The Dust Brigade, by this measure, are YOUR responsibility to deal with. However, as they happen to be holed up in the Wastelands, I think it's fair to say that you can deal with us in dealing with them and there would be no hard feelings on either side. But that does not make them Clan.

As to Sol Banking, I doubt that they would risk it again.

And no, I am not a commander of troops, I am an agent, I study personel.

No, the clans are still not as important as you would like to think, what is important is the Notem
    Three falsehoods for the price of one. Impressive.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

[QUOTE=Ghostfeather]I direct your attention to the following events.

First, July 04 29470, The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next, July 05 29470, Simon Silverstone, leader of the clan Sentinels, declares that the members of the Council of Truth are traitors to the clan cause, and cuts all political ties with the Council. The Sentinels are immediately joined by a large number of extremist clans.

Some resolution, your current beloved leader calls your Shining Example of peace a collection of trators and breaks ties with them.

Another example of how peace loving the clans were, and perhaps still are.

October 25 29475, On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.

December 19 29475, An apartment complex in Omni-1 is levelled to the ground by an anti-matter explosion. The words "dust to dust" once more echo across Rubi-Ka, and for those who remember the last war, the tentative and long hoped-for peace now appears a lost cause.

December 21 29475, Omni-Pol releases a statement regarding the Omni-1 blast, calling early reports of terrorist activities premature, and stating that the evidence gathered so far is inconclusive. Planet-wide security is stepped up, however, and the investigation continues.

January 15 29476, The Omni-Pol investigation into the blast in Omni-1 concludes. At a press-conference, OT spokespeople confirm that the extremist clan the Dust Brigade was behind the terrorist attack.

January 21 29476, Omni-Pol enters the city of Sabulum in the perpetual wastelands in what they call an official and legitimate police action against suspected criminals. The operation is interrupted by clan-members critical of what they perceive as an intrusion into clan territory, and fighting breaks out between the two parties, prompting Omni-Pol to request the assistance of the Omni-Tek Armed Forces.

January 22 29476, Henry Radiman publicly states the Council's support for the Omni-Pol operation in Sabulum, and asks clan-members to avoid further violence.

January 23 29476, Militant clans feel betrayed by the Council of Truth, and call on Omni-Tek to withdraw their personnel from Sabulum. The Omni-Pol and Omni-AF operation in Sabulum continues, however. There are no reports of arrests, but OT guards are posted throughout the city, and all buildings are entered and searched.

January 25 29476, Sabulum remains the focal point of the growing conflict - physical and political - between the clans and the Omni-Tek Corporation. The city is now evenly divided between the two occupying forces.

January 26 29476, Clans launch an attack on Omni-Pol and Omni-AF personnel in Sabulum, forcing a full retreat.

January 29 29476, Omni-Tek confirms that their operation in Sabulum has been terminated because of continued interference from rogue clans.

In the end it seems that the clan only follow the Councile when it suits them.

Also let us not forget the events of September 18 29476, when The Council of Truth disappears amid rumours of a coup d’état. All Council offices are emptied and all representatives go AWOL.

Another mark agains Mr Silverstone as being some great peace loving man comes on November 22 29476 when After the abolition of the Tir Accord, the city of Tir experienced a rush of Omni-Tek employees walking freely around the city. The militaristic, proactive clan Sentinels - often branded terrorists - led by Simon Silverstone, ousted the ICC Peacekeepers and took control of the city. Both Omni-Tek employees and NEUTRAL citizens were killed on sight by the new guards.

November 25 29477, After a rally in Old Athens, a meeting between Henry Radiman and clan leaders in the Council of Truth building is interupted by the appearance of a strange vision. After these mysterious events the assembled leaders decided upon the reformation of the Council of Truth with the blessing of Radiman.

December 24 29477, The first steps are taken by the clans to begin the reformation of the Council of Truth.

February 18 29478, Henry Radiman makes a speech on the steps of the old Council of Truth building in Tir making a renewed call for the reformation of the council.

February 29 29478, Prominent Clan leaders urge participation in the public rally planned to build support for the reformation of the Council of Truth. Cathern "Vixentrox" Flowers, Janae "Tussa" Godfray and Maximillian "Foxferal" Sionnach all addressed the crowds at the Tir Whompa station calling for recognition of a new fledgling council.

March 16 29478, With the reformation of the Council of Truth an impending reality public focus returns to Henry Radiman and calls into question the legitimacy of his involvement in the new council. The rumours of possible terrorist links surrounding the veteran Clan leader refuse to die down.

April 25 29478, The first meeting of the new Council truth is held in Tir. Henry Radiman declares that he is stepping aside from involvement to allow a new generation of Clan politicians and leaders to emerge. Despite winning the election of leadership, Sentinels leader Simon Silverstone refuses the position leaving the knights of Avalon to take on the role. The founding members pledge that they will pursue peaceful means wherever possible to further the clan cause on Rubi-Ka.

April 29 29478, The Omni Tek press corp immediately issues its reactions to the newly formed council and raises doubts about its peaceful intent given the prominent support for the militant Sentinels clan amongst the new council representatives.

It took an unknown force to cause the new Council of Truth to form, thus I feel the clans can take credit for its recreation despite the work they put into it.

December 16 29477, A coalition of Omni Tek and Clan forces lead an expedition to Milky Way and fought a running battle with mercenary forces that resulted in the successful recovery of the prototype Notum Infused Suit.

This, however, shows however that Omni-Tek and the clans can work together when the goal can be agreed upon.

February 14 29478, Newland City finally evicts Loren Warr and the mercenaries, replacing them with the newly formed Newland Militia. The return of true neutrality to Newland rekindles the debate over the Sentinels treatment of neutrals in Tir.

I am still failing to see a pattern of peace before violence from the clans and Mr. Silverston.

Now as to your claims that we perfer to deal with situations with brutal force, there are two key events that I must draw your attention to.

The first was on July 04 29470 when The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next there is the event of October 25 29475 where On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.

At no time did I claim that Omni-Tek won the Corperate Wars, I was saying that if one of the other Corperations were to overtly aid the clans that it could trigger another one. Right now Rubi-Ka is not exactly desired territory due to the Alien Invasion.

We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

Seems to me that the Clans haven't used what we could have always used. Those other corporations. We could get Sol Banking here, along with a LOT of other corporations that would like to get their mitts into the mining operations of this planet, but we don't. Do you know why? Because all we wanted was to be treated fairly and honorably. And OT fails the grade every time. We always hear about how OT never really put what it could into this conflict or the Clans would be eradicated by now. The same applies. But we know that OT put in what it could AFFORD to put in, and not a penny more or less. It's amusing, but we know how corporations work. We could have formed up alliances with all of these other corporations for a REAL mother of a blowout fight. But we didn't, because we love Rubi-Ka, and we want to live here. In peace. [/QOUTE]

I still fail to see how this goes to any lengths to prove how peace loving the clans are, and more so your self. Anyone can claim that they have not used resourses because that they do not have. I can claim to have an anti-matter bomb and go on to say that I have not used it because I love peace or dislike whole sale murder. As to the wish of the clans wishing to be treated fairly and honorably, I refer you back to the Tir accord and amensty.

As to Sol Banking, I doubt that they would risk it again.

And no, I am not a commander of troops, I am an agent, I study personel.

No, the clans are still not as important as you would like to think, what is important is the Notem
    You've surely read the whole history of Rubi-Ka book. But I strongly doubt if you have read each and every news paper from those times. And I don't believe you were on Rubi-Ka at that time either, or am I mistaken?

I know I have. All sides, Neutral, OT, Clan...Its not just knowing your history book, its knowing the details aswell mister.
    Heres my comments on all your comments.

1.) If you haven't I'd urge you to also read the information given on the grid-feed of the CoT about what exactly the new formed Council is and how we handle things. That might change your mind about how much the commander is considered as a 'leader'.

2.) Times have changed and so has the commander, see comment 1.

3.) The Clans who are not affiliated with the Council do not follow the Council. Its simple as that. The Council is not responsible for what every man does. It can't. Thats why its called a COUNCIL. They consult and thats it. Every clanner is free to do whatever they wish.

4.) As you've already perfectly quoted what Henry Radiman had said. Omni-Tek did not consult with the council before they started their investigations. They just called them up and said "hey guys, were going in, just so you know.". What ever happened to the oh so peacefull Tir accord you set up for us?

5.) Please keep the Dust Brigade out of this because thats a whole different issue.

6.) Phillip Ross was making attempts to investigate things peacefully when it came to the Council members who were said to be guilty of some crimes. So did Henry Radiman, but after Omni-Prime started calling up Ross and urging him to stop his PEACEFULL investigation it was stated that Omni-Tek would move into Clan teritory to capture the ones who were being charged of crimes.

ps. There was already a compromis that they would be interogated through a safe channel wich was overthrown by Omni-Prime.
    Thats why the Council went "AWOL".

7.) Whoever said that Silverstone is peaceloving? Are you out of your mind? Next to that, did you expect that Omnis would be alowed into Clan teritory at times of war?

8.) Yes...nice...do you also know that the clerical staff was set to be wanted by Omni-Pol for setting up a new Council? Talk about peaceful resolutions eh?

9.) All the clanners who were taken in were sent to reform where they got brainwashed...sounds like a fun experience...I think I'll skip.

10.) I also like to draw to your attention that Omni-Tek was getting a nice spanking from the Clans aside of the fact that they were at Corporate war. So does that mean that Omni-Tek just becomes peacefull when it suites them? I call it tactics. So was the raid in Sabulum and so was the cancelation of the Tir accord.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

What the Sentinels did at the time was not in control of the Council of Truth, and therefore were not answerable to them. In essence, they were renegades from the Council, and are not therefore associated with them other than to say that they called themselves "Clanners". So, thanks for the very interesting interpretation of events, but if you seperate yourself from an organization, you aren't with it any longer. QED.
    The Council of Truth members are the Clan organizations now, and that is how the law is written. If they don't afflilate, they are subject to OT law. So guess what? The Dust Brigade, by this measure, are YOUR responsibility to deal with.
    So you're saying that before the new CoT was founded, the Sentinels were subject to OT law?

Legaron, the following

1) Thank you for the additional source of information, I am always looking for more.

2) Less than 1%, far far less than 1%, of people are capable of change.

3) Yes, the clans are all about freedom, however those who join the council should follow its rulings rather than just take off when they do not like a decision like the Sentinals did.

4) That is true but Mr Radiman did support the action and ask that no one interfear. If Mr Ross had asked me to allow clan members to enter an area to conduct an investigation I would have, I respect the man to much. The clan members who did not follow Mr. Radiman's request.... well in my eyes, they all simply slap him in the face and spit on the ground infront of him.

5) From what I have read they have their roots in the Clans, however I will say no more about them on this topic.

6) Then why do people blame Mr. Ross for that situation then.

7) Mr Crime did when he claimed that the clans were peace loving.

8) I am not prive to Omni-Pol investigation files over that incident so I can not coment.

9) Omni-Reform is not a brain washing center. Brain washing is a rather crude process that leaves the mind mostly a waste. Omni-Reform is a rehabilitation center and people are sent there for a wide range of reasons from mass murder to drug addiction.

10) Everyone was getting a "spanking" in the corperate war, that is the nature of wars. With the councile "AWOL" there was nolonger any kind of restraining force in the clans, so why bother with treaty?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    So you're saying that before the new CoT was founded, the Sentinels were subject to OT law?
    Not de facto, but certainly de jure.

2) Less than 1%, far far less than 1%, of people are capable of change.
    Care to cite your source? Please refrain from making generalizations and sprinkling it with statistics that you know aren't true or even remotely true.

3) Yes, the clans are all about freedom, however those who join the council should follow its rulings rather than just take off when they do not like a decision like the Sentinals did.
    I explained this once. Silverstone wasn't interested in being a member of the Council. He was interested in BEING the Council. It didn't go his way, so he left and did everything on his own. Like he is doing right now. Be aware that OT Prime as well as you lackeys here on RK will no doubt start pointing fingers at Clan and say that we are all terrorists and evil murderers. Which isn't true, but then again, Silverstone goes against the will of the Council, and their attempts to rein him and and make him a part of the club were not successful for whatever reason. But we know you use it as an excuse to go back to war.

4) That is true but Mr Radiman did support the action and ask that no one interfear. If Mr Ross had asked me to allow clan members to enter an area to conduct an investigation I would have, I respect the man to much. The clan members who did not follow Mr. Radiman's request.... well in my eyes, they all simply slap him in the face and spit on the ground infront of him.
    Yes, they disrespected someone who desired peace above all other things. I don't believe, however, that it was the will of the Council. Councils are entities in and of themselves, and do not have a dictator like you do. Radiman was the most respected member of the Council at the time, but that doesn't mean that his word is the Council's word. Many went against the decision to allow OT IntSec into Clan cities to arrest people unilaterally because there is not a whit of justice, fairness or jurisprudence in it. It was just the usual police-state thuggery we come to expect from OT, and Radiman, though acting from the best possible motives, was probably wrong in this one. OT didn't present it's evidence to the Council about those it arrested. OT didn't ask for permission. They just said "get out of the way or get steamrolled".

5) From what I have read they have their roots in the Clans, however I will say no more about them on this topic.
    It's best that you don't, because many OT mouthpieces have tried before you to link the Dust Brigade to a Clan faction, and it's simply not true. Whatever their original origins might be, it doesn't not follow Clan philosophy, nor did it ever. No one knows where their loyalties lie, except unto themselves. Given their target list, I'd say themselves is probably where their loyalties lie.

6) Then why do people blame Mr. Ross for that situation then.
    Because it's another unfortunate example of people using "politicocentric" (not really a word as far as I know, but can't think of another way to describe it, more like ethnocentric but not culturally based) views to judge those not like them. Omni-Tek is a police state. Clan is a representative democracy. Democratic accountability is something that OT will never understand much less pursue, but a lot of Clanners assume you always do simply because we do. Those in charge, whether and individual or a body of individuals, are ultimately responsible. Not so in OT.

7) Mr Crime did when he claimed that the clans were peace loving.
    And I will continue to do so, since you haven't given me a single example of a non-Sentinel or non-Dust Brigade incident involving violence against OT.

8) I am not prive to Omni-Pol investigation files over that incident so I can not coment.
    A wise choice, but it's backpedalling for you, since you did mention that it was a legal and completely above board action, when we all know that it simply was not.

9) Omni-Reform is not a brain washing center. Brain washing is a rather crude process that leaves the mind mostly a waste. Omni-Reform is a rehabilitation center and people are sent there for a wide range of reasons from mass murder to drug addiction.
    Oh yes. This is more of what I expect from you. Totalitarian psychiatric readjustment clinics. When they go against the State, the State declares them incompetent rather than merely contrary, and then puts them away until they are taught to toe the line.

10) Everyone was getting a "spanking" in the corperate war, that is the nature of wars. With the councile "AWOL" there was no longer any kind of restraining force in the clans, so why bother with treaty?
    Don't be silly. What happened to the Council? OT did, that's what.

You need to slow down there, Pinocchio. I'm sure that OT Geppeto needs to wind you up again. Strings not too tight? Good. We don't want you to be uncomfortable.

2.) Strange then that clanners who hated Silverstone so much that they attempted to remove him from Tir are now actually saying that they are seeing changes in the man and that they have other feelings on him than they had before.

3.) I urge you again to read the grid-feed of the Council on what it actually is. There are many many clans out there. Only the ones that want to be a part of the Council are a part of the Council. We do not force anyone to become political or to have any say in anything we have a say in.

4.) They certainly were, but thats nothing that we today have anything to add in for and it does not change any of the political standings at the moment does it?

6.) You should ask the people that you say are blaming Ross, because I did not in my statement.

9.) Reform: to put or change into an form or condition. to amend by change of form.
    Now I ask you, what is there to be reformed about people? Other than they were Clan?

10.) My mistake on the Corporate Wars still going on wich it wasnt.

April 21 29470: With the clans now less than fifty miles from Omni-1, dug down under a barrage of Omni-Tek fire, the third Rubi-Kan civil war is halted by a ninety-day ceasefire.

July 04 29470: The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

It's best that you don't, because many OT mouthpieces have tried before you to link the Dust Brigade to a Clan faction, and it's simply not true. Whatever their original origins might be, it doesn't not follow Clan philosophy, nor did it ever. No one knows where their loyalties lie, except unto themselves. Given their target list, I'd say themselves is probably where their loyalties lie.
    Anyone that has been on Rubi-Ka long enough knows that the Dust Brigades were Clan. By what process a Clan can be divested of its membership to the Clans other than signing an OT application form is a mystery to me. I was not aware that there was some legistlative body that determined which 'Clans' were really 'Clan' and what beliefs you have to sign up to to qualify.

Just because the Dust Brigade attacks Clan cities as well as Omni does not prove anything. Anti-Sentinel Clans have fought agaist Silverstone's men on numerous occasions, some of ow serve on the CoT Clerical staff. And Clans murdering their own guards and merchants is an every day reality. saddly this happens down south as well.

One thing I'll tell you, being Clan has nothing to do with philosophy. If you look at the Legacy Clans they all have their own philosophy and in many instances these philosophies are mutually incompatible. How is the Eco Warriors aim to rid Rubi-Ka from all humans compatible with other Clans who aim to rule Rubi-Ka? Is it not the case that Clans like Gaia or the Eco Warriors have more in comon with Neutral organisations like Desert Winds than say Vanguard or the Mockers?

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Aug 11th, 2005 at 00:50:16.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Some food for thought, please indulge.

Sentinel Attacks on 2HO
    Aug 9 29479
    by Jesah Triloni, OTPC Reporter

OTPC: Without provocation, clan terrorists invaded the Omni held outpost 2HO. Omni AF troops were on routine patrol of the area, when the rebels stormed the outpost shooting at anything that moved.

Unicorn specialists were called in as backup, for the soon outnumbered AF patrol, as the combined forces fought valiantly to contain the terrorists and hold the outpost. Various barbaric shouts were heard as the clansmen yelled out "Omni must die!"

This obviously planned attack was lead by Silverstone's Sentinels and the attack only confirms Omni-Tek's distrust of this legacy clan. There were over 100 clans and Omni forces at this invasion that could only be described as an act of war. No permanent casualties were reported, but several Omni Employees were wounded in the attacks

The ability of the Sentinels to insight a riot of this caliber will most likely force Omni-Tek to take a stronger look at the movements of the major clans, and the people that follow them. Many clans have repeatedly stated that they want peace with Omni-Tek. This unprovoked attack may show their true intentions

The smell of the Battle must have shown a vulnerability in the area, for soon after the battle began, Alien forces began invading, only adding to the chaos in 2Holes. Additional troops were dispatched to the area, and 2HO was once again reclaimed as an Omni outpost.

Further investigations and arrests are sure to follow

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=406126
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Anyone that has been on Rubi-Ka long enough knows that the Dust Brigades were Clan. By what process a Clan can be divested of its membership to the Clans other than signing an OT application form is a mystery to me. I was not aware that there was some legistlative body that determined which 'Clans' were really 'Clan' and what beliefs you have to sign up to to qualify.
    No they were not. Prove it. Show me any documentation, memorandums of record or any official conversations that show that the Dust Brigade was a Clan organization. They were definitely not affiliated with Omni-Tek, but OT's modus operandi is to label anything that disagrees with them "Clan". You can choose to lie about it all you like, but you are only lying to yourself, because we don't believe it. We have never believed it. At one time, in their earliest inception, they were rebels, certainly. But they went way off the reservation as far as mainstream Clanners are concerned. And therefore are dissasociated with Clan as a political entity. Nice try.

And as for a legislative body that determines what is a Clanner and what is not, it is the Council. The law as defined by the ICC clearly says so. Anyone outside of that umbrella is subject to OT law. It's there in black and white.

Just because the Dust Brigade attacks Clan cities as well as Omni does not prove anything. Anti-Sentinel Clans have fought agaist Silverstone's men on numerous occasions, some of ow serve on the CoT Clerical staff. And Clans murdering their own guards and merchants is an every day reality. saddly this happens down south as well.
    You're right. What the Dust Brigade does proves nothing. Thank you. You answered your own question. I could just as easily make a rationale to point the Dust Brigade as a SBC front, a neutral profiteering front designed to keep OT and Clan attacking each other, or as an organization dedicated to being an agent provacateur for the OT Internal Security and Armed Forces. Any way you slice it, you have no proof about anything regarding them. Saying that they are "Clan" and that because of this retarded assertion you may now lump them in with the Pilgrims is about as ludicrous a statement as I have ever heard.

As far as Clans murdering their own people and merchants...OT does it too, as you mentioned. There is almost always something in it, because where there is smoke, there is fire.

One thing I'll tell you, being Clan has nothing to do with philosophy. If you look at the Legacy Clans they all have their own philosophy and in many instances these philosophies are mutually incompatible. How is the Eco Warriors aim to rid Rubi-Ka from all humans compatible with other Clans who aim to rule Rubi-Ka? Is it not the case that Clans like Gaia or the Eco Warriors have more in comon with Neutral organisations like Desert Winds than say Vanguard or the Mockers?

Savoy
    Bull****. Complete and utter bull****. Being Clan has everything to do with a philosophy. You're just too totalitarian minded to even understand the concept. It's too macro-politic for OT to grasp. The Legacy Clans choose to affiliate with The Council of Truth, or do not, as they are of their own minds and may do as they like. If the philosophies they hold are so incompatible as to make their raison détre anathema to the Council, they simply do not choose to affliliate with it. Technically, by the treaties and by the ICC rulings, those who do not affiliate themselves legally with the Council have made themselves subject to OT law. The problem is that OT doesn't have the muscle or the will to discipline those that fall outside of the Council. The Sentinels have definitely changed their tune as of late, because they realize that the Sentinels are not going to lead Clan, and there is no true profit in war. Whatever is going on with 2HO, I cannot say, but until we know more facts, and until we hear something from Simon himself, I am not saying anything more about it, because I simply do not know, and few others do also. Making assumptions about things you know nothing about is shortsighted, irresponsible and dangerous. But it's a common tactic to the OT defenders that post here.

Some food for thought, please indulge.

Sentinel Attacks on 2HO
    Aug 9 29479
    by Jesah Triloni, OTPC Reporter

OTPC: Without provocation, clan terrorists invaded the Omni held outpost 2HO. Omni AF troops were on routine patrol of the area, when the rebels stormed the outpost shooting at anything that moved.

Unicorn specialists were called in as backup, for the soon outnumbered AF patrol, as the combined forces fought valiantly to contain the terrorists and hold the outpost. Various barbaric shouts were heard as the clansmen yelled out "Omni must die!"

This obviously planned attack was lead by Silverstone's Sentinels and the attack only confirms Omni-Tek's distrust of this legacy clan. There were over 100 clans and Omni forces at this invasion that could only be described as an act of war. No permanent casualties were reported, but several Omni Employees were wounded in the attacks

The ability of the Sentinels to insight a riot of this caliber will most likely force Omni-Tek to take a stronger look at the movements of the major clans, and the people that follow them. Many clans have repeatedly stated that they want peace with Omni-Tek. This unprovoked attack may show their true intentions

The smell of the Battle must have shown a vulnerability in the area, for soon after the battle began, Alien forces began invading, only adding to the chaos in 2Holes. Additional troops were dispatched to the area, and 2HO was once again reclaimed as an Omni outpost.

Further investigations and arrests are sure to follow

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=406126
    I'm terribly sorry, old boy. But I smell a big fat rat. Simon only said recently that being low on the radar was the Sentinels approach these days. This is not low on the radar. Simply put, any Omni reporter is a bull**** artist. Given your militaristic leanings these days, this smells like an intelligence operation, plain and simple. What does Simon have to say about it? What does the neutral press say about it? Until then, this is a load of horse****.

Miss Savoy. Perfect reply.. as usual... perfectly ignorant.

Oh.. and Miss Nitpicker.. please feel free to spell and grammar check my post.. Secretariel work seems to suite you well.
    Last edited by Fionnghal; Aug 11th, 2005 at 15:51:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Miss Savoy. Perfect reply.. as usual... perfectly ignorant.
    This makes so much sense, considering what you said before editing your reply--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Mister Ghostfeather.. I find the act of "pasting" in the OTPC into a FJRK newscast very inappropriate. Would you like for clan members to start "pasting" FJRK reports into OTPC newscasts as replies? I should think that we can read the OTPC report from where it was originally posted and we don't need for you to paste it here.
    A bit forgetful, are we?
    At least you caught the mistake within a few minutes.

Too bad you didn't delete the rest of the post once you removed the main content.
    Last edited by Keldros; Aug 11th, 2005 at 16:01:52.

Why was it changed?

2) See the events only a few days old, not much change from what I have read of the man.

3) I am working on reading that and I am aware that there are many clans out there.

4) But it dose set precident for clans to do what they wish, on the council or not.

6) They refuse to answer

9) Prehaps they showed a unhealthy tendancy for violance, reduction of survival instinct, reduction in common sense in dangerous situations, ect.

10) Mistakes happen. I was incorrect on the dates as well.

Why was it changed?
    Probably something to do with the fact that you quoted an OTPC newscast in an OTPC newscast, and she accused you of posting the quote in a FJRK newscast instead.

-chuckles-

ahh, I must be more tired than I realize today

Nitpicking must be a ingrown trait of all Omni Employees... I made a mistake and corrected it within minutes.. oh... I see... you thought I might be perfect... well I can see why you might think that given that you probably compare me to yourself.. I assure you that I do make mistakes once in awhile make attempts to correct them.. If you wish to "microscope" every little mistake I make, you may apply as my assistant.. I'm sure I could eventually get to your application.

Furthermore, you can do whatever you like in the OTPC newscast. Pasting another newscast inside it would indicate you think that the common Omni reader doesn't have enough sense to be able to read the original post. Again, I can see why you might think that given the level of maturity presented so far.

Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Mister Ghostfeather.. I find the act of "pasting" in the OTPC into a FJRK newscast very inappropriate. Would you like for clan members to start "pasting" FJRK reports into OTPC newscasts as replies? I should think that we can read the OTPC report from where it was originally posted and we don't need for you to paste it here.

Actually, no, I personaly do not mind if it means bringing documentation to light to support your claims so long as it pertains to the subject on hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123