Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Memories of the Past: Treason of the Miners

[QUOTE=Yarko]However, it was the intrusion of Omni-Pol in Clan territory that brought Henry Radiman into a difficult positionQUOTE]

(OOC: If your refering to Perpetual Wasteland, then please read the link below on the subject. No were is Perpetual labled as ever being clan lands)
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...tir_accord.pdf
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

((OOC: Arila, do places like "The Big One" and "Western Endless Plains" mean much to you? This document was written for the old map, there wasn’t yet a place called Perpetual Wastelands in those days (have a look here: http://www.halorn.com/map/map.html).

I could be wrong, but I think it’s generally accepted that the areas in the north are Clan territory.))

Ghostfeather, are you sure you read the same speech I did?

“the Council was informed – but not consulted” “very concerned about the current situation in the north” “I was briefed by my people” “While we do not agree with the methods”

It would have been diplomatic to consult the Council, to ask permission, to suggest a joined operation or even to ask the Council to do the job themselves. Just “inform” wasn’t good enough in this case. There wasn’t much trust yet between both parties, to the more militant Clans this was no less then a provocation and proof of all their fears.

No my friend, this wasn’t a diplomatic move at all.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Again an example of a clan member seeing hearing and reporting only the parts that they can twist to support themselves, finsish the statement. Better yet, I will.

"I was briefed by my people shortly after five o'clock yesterday afternoon," said Mr Radiman to the Voice, "and the Council subsequently held a press-conference where clan-members were advised to stay out of Sabulum, and to allow Omni-Pol investigators to make their arrests and gather the necessary evidence without interference. We have not been officially notified of any escalation of the situation, but we are fully aware that there have been confirmed reports of fights between certain clans, not affiliated with the Council, and the Omni-Tek forces, and that Sabulum was placed under Omni-AF enforced martial law. While we do not agree with the methods, and question OT's compliance with the Tir Accord, we would like to emphasise that further violence must be averted, and clan-members everywhere must remain vigilant but calm. It is in no one's interest that this isolated incident leads to additional confrontations. I trust that Omni-Pol's intentions are lawful and true."
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Pardon me, but I'm Neutral...

Again an example of OT employees seeing, hearing and reporting only the parts that they can twist to support themselves?
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Ahh pardon the assumption on my part, however the words you have spoken I have heard, nearly word for word, from the mouths of clan members.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

By the way, how is mistaking you for a clan member "an example of OT employees seeing, hearing and reporting only the parts that they can twist to support themselves?", I would like to know.

My accusation came from the fact that not only did you not qoute Mr Radiman fully but you also put opening statements at the end, chaning their meaning by doing both.

((OOC: @Yarko: Ive been playing on and off since release, and the "Tir Accord" was released a few onths after the "storyline" began, by the demand of the players, as it had been mentioned in some news articles, anout the whole sabolum incident. You can check when the PDF file was created to see for yourself. I know, cause ive pointed it out before ))
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

((OOC: could be Arila, but the Tir accord still isn’t very clear as far as zone's are concerned. I bet that's where Radiman went when he was missing for all that time, looking for the Endless Plains )

Pardon my sarcasm Ghostfeather, but it’s hard to resist when someone assumes you’re of the opposite faction each time you don’t agree with their viewpoints.

Yes, I only used fragments of the speech, yet they show in my opinion a man who isn’t comfortable with the situation at all. Radiman tries to be diplomatic, but I feel he realized that it would be very hard to keep the situation from running out of hand.

I still say that with a bit of diplomacy, we would see a whole different Rubi-Ka today. Maybe Phillip Ross and Henry Radiman didn’t trust each other 100% yet, but they did have respect for each other, and that’s the base for any negotiation. Who else is to blame for the end of the amnesty? The Clans? If they weren’t given a reason, they wouldn’t have engaged OT. OT should have known that their actions would be provocative.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Funny...a reporter spurts out some visual propaganda, the people shake their fists, and start their own non-visual propaganda...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Yup. It's called lighting the fuse, I believe.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

The situation now is far different than today. Today the clans do not have some one like Mr. Radiman, they have Mr Silverstone whos stance is quite clear when it comes to dealings with Omni-Tek.

Unless another man like Mr. Radiman, whom the majority of the clans would listen to, comes to the for front of the clans a diplomatic solution is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    The situation now is far different than today.
    Don't you mean "The situation then was far different from today"??

I agree with your ill-boding conclusion, just being a nitpicker..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

-picks up his cup of coffee and takes another sip-

So?

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    On July 31, 29199, 280 years ago, a series of minor accidents without any loss of lives, caused the Manual Labour Guild to order an illegal strike that affected every Notum mine on the planet. It cost Omni-Tek billions of credits, and would become one of the building blocks for the rise of the clans….the renegade terrorists of the north.
    Oh, I haven't gotten the opportunity to indulge in quite some time now! This is going to be fun, although, be fair. My first introduction back into Rubi-Ka politics can't be someone this easy to ridicule, can it? Why, yes it can! Onto the slaughter! I think you can take it as read that this piece of vitriolic garbage spew is nothing more than an op-ed piece of the shoddiest kind, but still...what fun.

Every loyal man, women, and atrox of Omni-Tek knows from history that the Labour Guild made a series of outrageous demands about reduced work shifts, higher salaries and new drilling equipment. The demands were of course ignored by Omni-Tek, and with good reason. The drilling equipment was state of the art, the salaries amongst the highest in the galaxy, and the work shifts were well within the limits approved by the ICC.
    When you say "outrageous demands", what exactly are you getting at? Omni-Tek has a long, bloody and painfully obvious history of beating the **** out of what doesn't agree with it. To you and to the militant clowns in black, "outrageous demands" means anything that will disrupt the flow of notum for a nanosecond, which would inevitably lead to that division manager having to wait an extra day before copping one from his OT lackey mistress and having to wait an extra millisecond before he reaps his millions. Yawn, so typical of OT employees. And please give us the examples of where you get this data about the comparative wage indexes of the Rubi-Ka miners. If you don't have them, shut your piehole, you liar. If you do, you made them up, so shut your piehole, you filthy liar.

When Omni-Tek officials had explained this to the leaders of the Labour Guild, and requested that mining operations resumed, the miners simply ignored them, and a few of the disgruntled workers took up arms. This forced Omni-Tek to send in armed security force in order to prevent the loss of lives, both among the miners, and Omni-Tek administration.
    When Omni-Tek officials explain anything, it's down the barrel of a gun. The message was clear: get back to work or we will kill you all. And I love the "corporate security" angle. The last refugee of the scoundrel. The tool used to justify any number of hideous actions done against a group of people. Your favorite tool, Omni-Tek. Only now we all know it quite well, so you can save the horsecrap.

On August 4th, the ICC stepped in, again ignoring Omni-Tek’s right to resolve the situation. They claim they did this to prevent loss of human lives, blindly ignoring the expensive efforts set by Omni-Tek.
    Oh yeah, the expensive efforts of Omni-Tek to continue manhandling and exploiting it's workforce with inhuman practices. Must be terrible when someone challenges you that actually has the muscle to do so! How dare they interfere with our slaughter!

Forced by the ICC (Interstellar Confederation of Corruption if you ask me), Omni-Tek agreed to a raise of the salaries beyond any other in the galaxy, and was also forced to buy brand new equipment, from Rival corporations despite already having the best of the best.
    Show me data, simp, or shut the **** up. You OT propagandists bore me, you are so patently transparent and so unimaginatively predictable.

But of course the Labour Guild was still not satisfied as they forced Omni-Tek to submit to their demands, with the arm of the ICC helping of course. Omni-Tek continued to support the miners in every way possible, but it took only 2 years for the miners to start an open rebellion against Omni-Tek. These ungrateful vermin killed several civilians as they caused havoc across the planet. It took Omni-Tek security forces several days to quell this mob.
    Of course they are not satisfied when they are being killed. Seeing your fellow man killed in front of you by some beastly juggernaut of a corporation that views your life's worth as it would an insect, you might get a bit defensive, don't you think? And I have to board my ROFLCOPTER when I see you say that Omni-Tek was supporting the miners in every way possible. Sure, supporting your effort to keep them at it, dying like that in the mines, I mean. Ungrateful vermin? Might that term be better applied to the Omni-Tek corporation, who slaughters it's own when it dares rear it's ugly head in response to something as horrible as what it was subjected to? You take the cake, you do, pal.

Despite not being responsible for the lives lost, Omni-Tek paid tributes to the families who had lost loved ones as well as disbanded the renegade Labour Guild, for the greater good of the planet. But we all know that the seed of rebellion had already been planted, and the ungrateful miners, began to move north, calling themselves, of all things, the Clans.
    A better reinterpretation of this stinky pile of anteater **** might be to say that, in lieu of Omni-Tek's admittance of malfeasance in their treatment of the miner strike situation, the miners got armed and went to the hills, as most rebellion starts are wont to do. Those ungrateful miners! How dare they expect the corporation to own up for what it did! How dare they insist real reparations, real guarentees of no repeats of their actions and real guarantees of a say in the labor operations of the corporation. Damn those little vermin!

For nearly five years, the rebels stole raw Notum, from Omni-Tek mines, and bought illegal weapons from Sol Banking Corporation. This illegal trade continued for years, until Omni-Tek finally discovered it, and were forced to open fire, and destroy a Sol transport ship. Other skirmishes followed between Omni-Tek ships and Sol Banking smugglers, which escalated into a corporate war between the two Hyper corporations.
    You mean, for five long and bloody years, the rebels fought for their very survival by any means that they had available, as would you had the tables been reversed.

Using this to their advantage, the traitorous "Clans" launched their first attack, and took control of four Notum mines, executing thirty-nine Omni-Tek soldiers in the process. They revealed plans for a democratic Rubi-Ka, which for the record is a condition in the lease of Rubi-ka, and Omni-Tek intends to uphold, once the lease expires. All they would have to do was to wait until that time, but the poor clans of the north could not wait.
    All I can say is "GO CLAN!" or "DIE OMNI SCUM" or somesuch nonsense like that.

They claim that Omni-Tek is driven by greed and profit, but I fail to see how the clans were any different. Their goal may not have been profit, although we all know one of thier very first demands was for a raise, but their greed for so called freedom were exactly the same!
    That is because that is the very definition of a corporation, a band of business ventures designed to increase it's profits by maximization of it's assets, removal of redundancies and focused strategization of corporate goals. That's precisely what a corporation is! Where did they dig you up anyway? Your journalistic credentials come out of a Leet Piss bottle or something? I bet that whoever it was that gave you credentials in the first place is probably regretting that move, aren't they?

Soon, the new CEO of Rubi-Ka, Mr. Zora will arrive, and we can only hope that he will take a stand against the bottom-feeding scum of the north, who refuse to see and acknowledge the rights of the corporation!

Omni-Tek Protects!
    Yawn. Omni-Tek protects...it's profits...and damn what or whoever gets in the way. Disagree with our totalitarian slave-race practices? We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

Seems to me that the Clans haven't used what we could have always used. Those other corporations. We could get Sol Banking here, along with a LOT of other corporations that would like to get their mitts into the mining operations of this planet, but we don't. Do you know why? Because all we wanted was to be treated fairly and honorably. And OT fails the grade every time. We always hear about how OT never really put what it could into this conflict or the Clans would be eradicated by now. The same applies. But we know that OT put in what it could AFFORD to put in, and not a penny more or less. It's amusing, but we know how corporations work. We could have formed up alliances with all of these other corporations for a REAL mother of a blowout fight. But we didn't, because we love Rubi-Ka, and we want to live here. In peace.

When OT realizes that fact, then we can discuss about what Clan did or didn't do during the original fracas that led us to our current state of affairs. Until then, please, do us all a big favor, would you? Please perform this procedure:

1. Find bucket
    2. Fill bucket with water
    3. Dunk head all the way to neck
    4. Come up.
    5. Repeat 4.
    6. Wait until the bubbles stop.
    7. END
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    Omni-Tek has a long, bloody and painfully obvious history of beating the **** out of what doesn't agree with it.
    And you differ how?

The tool used to justify any number of hideous actions done against a group of people.
    Another tool used to justify such actions is to claim a noble cause. Any cause that sees the death of innocents is not noble.

We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

Seems to me that the Clans haven't used what we could have always used. Those other corporations. We could get Sol Banking here, along with a LOT of other corporations that would like to get their mitts into the mining operations of this planet, but we don't. Do you know why? Because all we wanted was to be treated fairly and honorably. And OT fails the grade every time. We always hear about how OT never really put what it could into this conflict or the Clans would be eradicated by now. The same applies. But we know that OT put in what it could AFFORD to put in, and not a penny more or less. It's amusing, but we know how corporations work. We could have formed up alliances with all of these other corporations for a REAL mother of a blowout fight. But we didn't, because we love Rubi-Ka, and we want to live here. In peace.
    You claim to wish peace right after promising to slay every man woman and child?

As to joining up with the other companies to over throw us, unlikely. Such an event would see the companies that did not get to ally with the clans joining with Omni-Tek in an effort to prevent the one company that did from gaining control of Notum, after all that was the whole point of the Corperate wars. And some how I doubt that the clans as a whole would sell out to another company like you seem willing to do considering how hard they are fighting Omni-Tek to avoid such a fate. Any company that you ally with will result in you becoming "mindless company slaves".

As to the cost keeping Omni-Tek from putting in all that it can into this little conflict, that is false. What keeps us from doing so is the fact that ICC is looking for any excuse for shortening or terminating the remainder of the lease.

For all of your postering, the clans are not that important.

...beating the **** ....
    shut the **** up.
    stinky pile of anteater ****
    Despite your words, your use of such .... language ... demonstrates a week mind

Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    Omni-Tek has a long, bloody and painfully obvious history of beating the **** out of what doesn't agree with it.

And you differ how?
    Simple, we don't use guns to do our negotiating. Our Councils of Truth were shining examples of our desire to resolve disputes peacefully. Your responses involved OTAF and internal security thugs. We choose the negotiating table until there is obviously no way that we could get past OT's violent nature, and then we had to respond in kind. To assume that OT's motivations for it's use of armed force in these labor disputes are nothing but the highest moral order is so amazingly stupid that I don't have to say anything further about it. It's just obvious to any thinking person.

The tool used to justify any number of hideous actions done against a group of people.

Another tool used to justify such actions is to claim a noble cause. Any cause that sees the death of innocents is not noble.
    Who on earth said it was? I certainly did not. You need to learn that I, unlike others around here, know when my words are being taken out of context to be used to further a propagandist tack such as yours. Your trickery is so transparent it's beneath you, or at least it very well should be. I am amused though, because people that must resort to this kind of tactic have nothing at all to say, and will try to jumble the truth of who said what to whom and in what context by any means they can. You are not opaque, sir. Please do try harder. You are not dealing with intellectual inferiors any longer.

We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

You claim to wish peace right after promising to slay every man woman and child?
    No, I did not say that about Clan. I said it about Omni. See my above explanation as to how your stupid, banal and childish little debating tricks aren't going to fool me. Son, you need to grow up, learn that you aren't the smartest person in the world, and learn also that there are people in this world that are better, smarter, wiser and more able than yourself. Everyone has these people. In your case, that list is very large. Be that as it may, again, work on your debating tactics. This is plain shoddiness.

As to joining up with the other companies to over throw us, unlikely. Such an event would see the companies that did not get to ally with the clans joining with Omni-Tek in an effort to prevent the one company that did from gaining control of Notum, after all that was the whole point of the Corperate wars. And some how I doubt that the clans as a whole would sell out to another company like you seem willing to do considering how hard they are fighting Omni-Tek to avoid such a fate. Any company that you ally with will result in you becoming "mindless company slaves".
    Since you are not a very good comprehender, I will help you. The ICC stopped the Corporate Wars, not Omni-Tek's amazing strategic and tactical prowess, did they not? In any event, you aren't a very good student of history either, where you will find countless examples of nations sleeping with an enemy to deal with a larger threat. You may find no example greater than Sir Winston Churchill, as First Lord of the Admiralty in the Earth nation Great Britain, during the end of the Earth's First World War, declared that we all should "kill the Bolshie, and kiss the Hun", meaning that good Western democratic nations should all band together against Bolshevik Russia, and that meant siding with desiped Germany to do so. How frightfully amusing it was for Sir Winston, as Great Britain's Prime Minister, now sided wholeheartedly and completely with that hated Bolshevik Soviet Union against the hated Hun of Nazi Germany. When you decide to understand your history more, perhaps you will stop making ridiculous statements such as these and expect me to take you seriously. Or anyone else for that matter.

As to the cost keeping Omni-Tek from putting in all that it can into this little conflict, that is false. What keeps us from doing so is the fact that ICC is looking for any excuse for shortening or terminating the remainder of the lease.
    That IS part of the reason, you nimrod. The nice thing about being a Clanner is that I don't have to deal with a corporate hierarchy that can just as easily pull the plug on any project for more than just security reasons. But that's just it...you cannot separate one from the other. Your finances are a part of your war machine, so when one is threatened, all is threatened. Again, you know nothing of strategy, or you would understand this basic aphorism of war: amateurs study tactics, while professionals study logistics. You need to work on logic. I suggest some semantics classes, also, as you are very lacking. Try Korzybski. I think you need it.

For all of your postering, the clans are not that important.
    Just who is posturing here. hmmm? For all of your posturing, Omni-Tek sure spends an AWFUL lot of resources on something that isn't that important. I think, therefore, your statement is a bunch of bull****. Like most everything else you say. QED.

Oh, and my favorite:

...beating the **** ....
    shut the **** up.
    stinky pile of anteater ****

Despite your words, your use of such .... language ... demonstrates a week mind.
    My use of language is to use the complete language. If you think that usage of a few vulgarities is somehow cheapening the value of what is said with respect to it's intellectual strengths, I would direct you to the voluminous works of William Shakespeare, who use profanities and vulgarities throughout his work. Or, let's go even one better. The Christian Bible. Oh yes, the Old Testament is loaded with tales of adultery, incest, bestiality, drunkenness, cowardice, falsehood and murder, all told in a way as to not leave out the profanities of the day. If that is what you say, then you, are clearly a third-rate debater, a tenth-rate thinker, and the rank at which you would be placed at with respect to logic and semantics would be a few points below bean dip.

Hehe, how nice to see a lively debate..
    If only the same amount of energy was put forth by all citizens on Rubi-Ka to rid us of the invading aliens and find peace amongst ourselves. Alas that is not a likely turn of events in the foreseeable future. :/
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Simple, we don't use guns to do our negotiating. Our Councils of Truth were shining examples of our desire to resolve disputes peacefully.

We choose the negotiating table until there is obviously no way that we could get past OT's violent nature, and then we had to respond in kind.
    I direct your attention to the following events.

First, July 04 29470, The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next, July 05 29470, Simon Silverstone, leader of the clan Sentinels, declares that the members of the Council of Truth are traitors to the clan cause, and cuts all political ties with the Council. The Sentinels are immediately joined by a large number of extremist clans.

Some resolution, your current beloved leader calls your Shining Example of peace a collection of trators and breaks ties with them.

Another example of how peace loving the clans were, and perhaps still are.

October 25 29475, On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.

December 19 29475, An apartment complex in Omni-1 is levelled to the ground by an anti-matter explosion. The words "dust to dust" once more echo across Rubi-Ka, and for those who remember the last war, the tentative and long hoped-for peace now appears a lost cause.

December 21 29475, Omni-Pol releases a statement regarding the Omni-1 blast, calling early reports of terrorist activities premature, and stating that the evidence gathered so far is inconclusive. Planet-wide security is stepped up, however, and the investigation continues.

January 15 29476, The Omni-Pol investigation into the blast in Omni-1 concludes. At a press-conference, OT spokespeople confirm that the extremist clan the Dust Brigade was behind the terrorist attack.

January 21 29476, Omni-Pol enters the city of Sabulum in the perpetual wastelands in what they call an official and legitimate police action against suspected criminals. The operation is interrupted by clan-members critical of what they perceive as an intrusion into clan territory, and fighting breaks out between the two parties, prompting Omni-Pol to request the assistance of the Omni-Tek Armed Forces.

January 22 29476, Henry Radiman publicly states the Council's support for the Omni-Pol operation in Sabulum, and asks clan-members to avoid further violence.

January 23 29476, Militant clans feel betrayed by the Council of Truth, and call on Omni-Tek to withdraw their personnel from Sabulum. The Omni-Pol and Omni-AF operation in Sabulum continues, however. There are no reports of arrests, but OT guards are posted throughout the city, and all buildings are entered and searched.

January 25 29476, Sabulum remains the focal point of the growing conflict - physical and political - between the clans and the Omni-Tek Corporation. The city is now evenly divided between the two occupying forces.

January 26 29476, Clans launch an attack on Omni-Pol and Omni-AF personnel in Sabulum, forcing a full retreat.

January 29 29476, Omni-Tek confirms that their operation in Sabulum has been terminated because of continued interference from rogue clans.

In the end it seems that the clan only follow the Councile when it suits them.

Also let us not forget the events of September 18 29476, when The Council of Truth disappears amid rumours of a coup d’état. All Council offices are emptied and all representatives go AWOL.

Another mark agains Mr Silverstone as being some great peace loving man comes on November 22 29476 when After the abolition of the Tir Accord, the city of Tir experienced a rush of Omni-Tek employees walking freely around the city. The militaristic, proactive clan Sentinels - often branded terrorists - led by Simon Silverstone, ousted the ICC Peacekeepers and took control of the city. Both Omni-Tek employees and NEUTRAL citizens were killed on sight by the new guards.

November 25 29477, After a rally in Old Athens, a meeting between Henry Radiman and clan leaders in the Council of Truth building is interupted by the appearance of a strange vision. After these mysterious events the assembled leaders decided upon the reformation of the Council of Truth with the blessing of Radiman.

December 24 29477, The first steps are taken by the clans to begin the reformation of the Council of Truth.

February 18 29478, Henry Radiman makes a speech on the steps of the old Council of Truth building in Tir making a renewed call for the reformation of the council.

February 29 29478, Prominent Clan leaders urge participation in the public rally planned to build support for the reformation of the Council of Truth. Cathern "Vixentrox" Flowers, Janae "Tussa" Godfray and Maximillian "Foxferal" Sionnach all addressed the crowds at the Tir Whompa station calling for recognition of a new fledgling council.

March 16 29478, With the reformation of the Council of Truth an impending reality public focus returns to Henry Radiman and calls into question the legitimacy of his involvement in the new council. The rumours of possible terrorist links surrounding the veteran Clan leader refuse to die down.

April 25 29478, The first meeting of the new Council truth is held in Tir. Henry Radiman declares that he is stepping aside from involvement to allow a new generation of Clan politicians and leaders to emerge. Despite winning the election of leadership, Sentinels leader Simon Silverstone refuses the position leaving the knights of Avalon to take on the role. The founding members pledge that they will pursue peaceful means wherever possible to further the clan cause on Rubi-Ka.

April 29 29478, The Omni Tek press corp immediately issues its reactions to the newly formed council and raises doubts about its peaceful intent given the prominent support for the militant Sentinels clan amongst the new council representatives.

It took an unknown force to cause the new Council of Truth to form, thus I feel the clans can take credit for its recreation despite the work they put into it.

December 16 29477, A coalition of Omni Tek and Clan forces lead an expedition to Milky Way and fought a running battle with mercenary forces that resulted in the successful recovery of the prototype Notum Infused Suit.

This, however, shows however that Omni-Tek and the clans can work together when the goal can be agreed upon.

February 14 29478, Newland City finally evicts Loren Warr and the mercenaries, replacing them with the newly formed Newland Militia. The return of true neutrality to Newland rekindles the debate over the Sentinels treatment of neutrals in Tir.

I am still failing to see a pattern of peace before violence from the clans and Mr. Silverston.

Now as to your claims that we perfer to deal with situations with brutal force, there are two key events that I must draw your attention to.

The first was on July 04 29470 when The Council of Truth, Omni-Tek representatives, and ICC observers sign the Tir Accord. A permanent ceasefire is finally in effect.

Next there is the event of October 25 29475 where On behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation, Philip Ross announces an unconditional amnesty for all clan-affiliated citizens. This is intended to be a first step towards a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka.

Since you are not a very good comprehender, I will help you.
    At no time did I claim that Omni-Tek won the Corperate Wars, I was saying that if one of the other Corperations were to overtly aid the clans that it could trigger another one. Right now Rubi-Ka is not exactly desired territory due to the Alien Invasion.

[QUOTE=Joshua Crime]We will kill you and hunt you down to the last man, woman and child.

Seems to me that the Clans haven't used what we could have always used. Those other corporations. We could get Sol Banking here, along with a LOT of other corporations that would like to get their mitts into the mining operations of this planet, but we don't. Do you know why? Because all we wanted was to be treated fairly and honorably. And OT fails the grade every time. We always hear about how OT never really put what it could into this conflict or the Clans would be eradicated by now. The same applies. But we know that OT put in what it could AFFORD to put in, and not a penny more or less. It's amusing, but we know how corporations work. We could have formed up alliances with all of these other corporations for a REAL mother of a blowout fight. But we didn't, because we love Rubi-Ka, and we want to live here. In peace. [/QOUTE]

I still fail to see how this goes to any lengths to prove how peace loving the clans are, and more so your self. Anyone can claim that they have not used resourses because that they do not have. I can claim to have an anti-matter bomb and go on to say that I have not used it because I love peace or dislike whole sale murder. As to the wish of the clans wishing to be treated fairly and honorably, I refer you back to the Tir accord and amensty.

As to Sol Banking, I doubt that they would risk it again.

And no, I am not a commander of troops, I am an agent, I study personel.

Just who is posturing here. hmmm? For all of your posturing, Omni-Tek sure spends an AWFUL lot of resources on something that isn't that important. I think, therefore, your statement is a bunch of bull****.
    No, the clans are still not as important as you would like to think, what is important is the Notem

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Hehe, how nice to see a lively debate..
    If only the same amount of energy was put forth by all citizens on Rubi-Ka to rid us of the invading aliens and find peace amongst ourselves. Alas that is not a likely turn of events in the foreseeable future. :/
    Funny, that's precisely what I did when the first Alien ship landed on Rubi-Ka up in...was it Mort? Ah, I can't remember, it was so long ago. Anyway, I was actually there when it happened, and I can remember how much energy was put forth. None.

The Clan explorers that rounded up all sorts of people throughout the cities came armed and ready to repel all boarders. What did we get from Omni-Tek? A cover-up squad of Juggernauts and OTAF troopers, all sent there to kill US rather than help US in eradicating the threat. Hide the issue, and then lie about it by calling it a "top-secret science vessel" or some crap like that. Then, all of the OT cheerleading squad here jumped all over it, and lied through their teeth backing up Omtron's statements when they knew jack **** about anything.

So, yeah...we see how much cooperation we get about dealing with the Alien threat.

Ever hear of the concept of preventing a panic and of being caugh with their pants down? Sure they knew that the aliens were coming but they may have been suprised by the actual arivale date.

Ofcourse the second part is pure speculation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast