Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Memories of the Past: Treason of the Miners

OTPC: Memories of the Past: Treason of the Miners

July 31 29199 After a series of terrible accidents, the Guild announces a general strike, demanding new equipment, reduced shifts, and higher salaries. Omni-Tek declares the strike illegal, and sends in heavily armed troops to ensure the continued operation of the mines.

Memories of the Past: Treason of the Miners
    July 31 29479
    A Rubi-ka Historical Editorial By Chilia Moran.

On July 31, 29199, 280 years ago, a series of minor accidents without any loss of lives, caused the Manual Labour Guild to order an illegal strike that affected every Notum mine on the planet. It cost Omni-Tek billions of credits, and would become one of the building blocks for the rise of the clans….the renegade terrorists of the north.

Every loyal man, women, and atrox of Omni-Tek knows from history that the Labour Guild made a series of outrageous demands about reduced work shifts, higher salaries and new drilling equipment. The demands were of course ignored by Omni-Tek, and with good reason. The drilling equipment was state of the art, the salaries amongst the highest in the galaxy, and the work shifts were well within the limits approved by the ICC.

When Omni-Tek officials had explained this to the leaders of the Labour Guild, and requested that mining operations resumed, the miners simply ignored them, and a few of the disgruntled workers took up arms. This forced Omni-Tek to send in armed security force in order to prevent the loss of lives, both among the miners, and Omni-Tek administration.

On August 4th, the ICC stepped in, again ignoring Omni-Tek’s right to resolve the situation. They claim they did this to prevent loss of human lives, blindly ignoring the expensive efforts set by Omni-Tek.

Forced by the ICC (Interstellar Confederation of Corruption if you ask me), Omni-Tek agreed to a raise of the salaries beyond any other in the galaxy, and was also forced to buy brand new equipment, from Rival corporations despite already having the best of the best.

But of course the Labour Guild was still not satisfied as they forced Omni-Tek to submit to their demands, with the arm of the ICC helping of course. Omni-Tek continued to support the miners in every way possible, but it took only 2 years for the miners to start an open rebellion against Omni-Tek. These ungrateful vermin killed several civilians as they caused havoc across the planet. It took Omni-Tek security forces several days to quell this mob.

Despite not being responsible for the lives lost, Omni-Tek paid tributes to the families who had lost loved ones as well as disbanded the renegade Labour Guild, for the greater good of the planet. But we all know that the seed of rebellion had already been planted, and the ungrateful miners, began to move north, calling themselves, of all things, the Clans.

For nearly five years, the rebels stole raw Notum, from Omni-Tek mines, and bought illegal weapons from Sol Banking Corporation. This illegal trade continued for years, until Omni-Tek finally discovered it, and were forced to open fire, and destroy a Sol transport ship. Other skirmishes followed between Omni-Tek ships and Sol Banking smugglers, which escalated into a corporate war between the two Hyper corporations.

Using this to their advantage, the traitorous "Clans" launched their first attack, and took control of four Notum mines, executing thirty-nine Omni-Tek soldiers in the process. They revealed plans for a democratic Rubi-Ka, which for the record is a condition in the lease of Rubi-ka, and Omni-Tek intends to uphold, once the lease expires. All they would have to do was to wait until that time, but the poor clans of the north could not wait.

They claim that Omni-Tek is driven by greed and profit, but I fail to see how the clans were any different. Their goal may not have been profit, although we all know one of thier very first demands was for a raise, but their greed for so called freedom were exactly the same!

Soon, the new CEO of Rubi-Ka, Mr. Zora will arrive, and we can only hope that he will take a stand against the bottom-feeding scum of the north, who refuse to see and acknowledge the rights of the corporation!

Omni-Tek Protects!

A most disturbing article… Not only does the writer manage to distort the truth, the tone is aggressive to say the least.

For your information, the rise of the Clans did not start in july 29199, it started 70 years earlier when a Notum mine collapsed trapping 72 Atrox miners. It is after Omni-Tek refused to have a rescue operation ("They're only Atroxes" and "We're very concerned about our equipment", remember?) and volunteer rescue workers where hindered by OT security personnel that the base was laid for the miners rebellion.

All trapped miners where dead by the time they where reached by the way, although medical personnel claimed they would have been alive if a rescue operation would have started right away.

The 29199 strike came after a long series of mining accidents. Although the Clans cause may today not be as honorable as it once was, it would be wise for Omni-Tek to remember the past and work towards better relations with all Rubi-Ka citizens instead of spreading such biased nonsense.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

On July 31, 29199, 280 years ago, a series of minor accidents without any loss of lives, caused the Manual Labour Guild to order an illegal strike that affected every Notum mine on the planet. It cost Omni-Tek billions of credits, and would become one of the building blocks for the rise of the clans….the renegade terrorists of the north.

Omni-Tek Protects!
    Whats so wrong about it? Atrox are not able to reproduce themselves. So i dont see them as lifeform anyway.

Omni-Tek Protects, all but atrox.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida
    Whats so wrong about it? Atrox are not able to reproduce themselves. So i dont see them as lifeform anyway.
    ...hmph. GRR!

*goes back to the workshop and continues refining nuggets*

Hmm, who is Chilia Moran? And what should this article be? There isn't any place for personal thoughts in scientific publishing ( no matter how distored they are).

As for Mr. Zora arrival and actions...soon is relative term and OT Corporation has no rights over those not employed by it. So his actions can be targeted only towards selected group. But at least probablity of that is rather high, with OT-Unicorn relations.

My appologies to not been able to attend Mr. Ross funeral. He is dead, right? Becouse I'm geting tired of acing CEO being presented as new one
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Chilia Moran whoever you are, you are an disgrace to OTPC, omni-tek and your profession. Leaving aside the glaring innacuracies in your article and the shameless distortion of events you pick a politically sensitive time like now to peddle your hatred!

This is ancient history and does not deserve to be dredged up during this climate of unrest caused by the incapactiation of Phillip Ross. It is also not valid or current news, more a deliberate attempt to stir up trouble. Perhaps in future you should content yourself to covering topic more suitable to someone of your intellect; such as the Rome green flower show or latest pet leet races
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Anyone else smell the beginning of a propoganda offensive that preludes a hieghtening of tensions?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

This isnt propaganda, its certainly not journalsim either tho. This is pure, unadulterated hate-mongering. Its an insult to the intellect of every citizen of Rubi-ka too, whatever their faction.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Well let's be honest, given the situation the ground, the rate at which Omni departimental are falling for one thing, a propaganda offensive is pretty much all we have left!

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilia Moran
    A Rubi-ka Historical Editorial
    Sounds more like "A Chilia Morans viewpoint Editorial" to me.

Usually I would go into discussion about a history subject, but this is just below everyones level.

I think I'll say it best if I say nothing at all.
    Not a word.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Same as the other... total BS..

and here is your quote.

How is the world ruled and led to war? Diplomats lie to journalists and believe these lies when they see them in print.

There was so much stupid and ignorant propoganda in that press release that all I'm going to say is that OTPC should be ashamed of themselves. This is a huge leap back in inter-factional relations. Good job, Chilia Moron...err...Moran (Sorry couldn't resist).

{OOC: What were you thinking?}
    Last edited by Fixerben; Aug 1st, 2005 at 21:15:18.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    For your information, the rise of the Clans did not start in july 29199, it started 70 years earlier when a Notum mine collapsed trapping 72 Atrox miners.
    Sorry, thats wrong. The incident 70 years prior brought about the formation of the Manual Labour Guild. The "clans" didn't *start* until after the guild disbanded in 29201. The first mention of clans wasn't until 29202 as mentioned in this timeline passage:

Quote Originally Posted by Timeline
    29202 - A few loose coalitions of workers in the north secretly begin to call themselves clans. They recruit new members daily from the increasingly dissatisfied Omni-Tek workforce. The clan-affiliated workers continue to operate their mines under Omni-Tek management, but they keep more than one third of the mined notum, and initiate contact with other corporations to offer up the notum for sale or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekor
    Sorry, thats wrong. The incident 70 years prior brought about the formation of the Manual Labour Guild. The "clans" didn't *start* until after the guild disbanded in 29201. The first mention of clans wasn't until 29202 as mentioned in this timeline passage:
    You, Sir, are mistaken. The Clans were formed in spirit on that day Omni-Tek publically announced they did not value life, even life they created. Maybe we hadnt banded together completely, but the notion was alive and well in their minds, and you better beleive they had the notion of Freedom.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    You, Sir, are mistaken. The Clans were formed in spirit on that day Omni-Tek publically announced they did not value life, even life they created. Maybe we hadnt banded together completely, but the notion was alive and well in their minds, and you better beleive they had the notion of Freedom.
    Don't make me laugh. The clans to this DAY haven't banded together. They were together as one when the Labour Union formed. Now they are just a fractured mess. Sentinels, Knights, Vanguards, Pilgrims, New Dawn and others. All these groups have different agenda's. From the way it appears, they will never agree. I'll grant you that a rebel spirit may have been born 70 years prior, but that spirit died along with the Union that created it. The "new" rebel spirit originating in 29202 is what the current clans are based from.

Point One - Jekor is correct, anyone can claim that their movement started in spirit at a certian event, and many do to make their cause seem stronger. I can claim that Omni-Tek started in spirit when the first cave man traded for a better club. However the Clans did not official exist untill the time reported previously.

Point Two - Editorials are always a persons personal viewpoint, that is why there are often dozens of them on the same subject with all of them saying different things.

Point Three - Yes, the timing for this was in poor taste in my opinion, however Omni-Tek personel do have freedom of speach, as so proven by the fact that this artical was published at all.

Point Four - Yes, Atrox do lack the one trait that would mark them as a species, the ability to reproduce. Lacking this trate puts them in a ... unique... position. While I personly have no problems with Atrox's as a whole, others do not share this opinion and look only to the fact that each one has to be manufactured.

Point Five - There is no such thing as "The Truth" any one who tells you other wise is trying to sell you something, everyone must look at all the facts that they can find and come to their own opinion and if they wish to call it the truth, well that is their opinion.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

From the opening of the first Notum mine in 28718, it took the miners 418 years to go on a strike. Not a bad record I’d say and hardly the work of ungrateful miners.

Why? Well, the first 400 years or so the conditions seem to have been good. According to ICC records, OT even received recommendations for the working and living conditions of the employees.

It wasn’t until 29112 that complaints started to come in. The mining accident in 29129 was a turning-point. It resulted in the formation of the Manual Labourer’s Guild, which was disbanded in 29201. Historically, it may be true that the Clans where formed after the strike. Yet, I say that it was the Labourer’s Guild that gave the miners the self-assuredness needed to oppose OT. As such, the base for the rise of the Clans was laid in 29129 and not in 29202.

What the Clans are today is a completely different matter. However, if OT ever wants a solution to the conflict, it will have to deal with the Clans. Because of this, OT would do better to use diplomacy instead of opening old wounds.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    However, if OT ever wants a solution to the conflict, it will have to deal with the Clans. Because of this, OT would do better to use diplomacy instead of opening old wounds.
    Oh, this is rich. In case you have forgotten such tactics have already been tried in dealing with the clans, the most rememberal of these being the Amnesty.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The amnesty, yes… It lasted for… about 3 months?

Yet, the result was that the Council of Truth agreed to start peace talks and for a short time Philip Ross and Henry Radiman gave this world some hope.

It was the Dust Brigade that ended the peace talks with a blast, in Omni-1. However, it was the intrusion of Omni-Pol in Clan territory that brought Henry Radiman into a difficult position, trying to manoeuvre between the militant Clans and OT. It was the start of his downfall, and the end of hope…

The Dust Brigade’s still is some kind of a mystery and we still don’t know what their cause is or who their leaders are. However, if their goal was to end the peace talks, they succeeded, with a little help of the (again) undiplomatic actions of Omni-Pol.

So, your point is?
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Undiplomatic actions? I am not even going to comment about your uniformed stand upon Omni-Pol and Omni-AF actions in the persuit of Dust Brigade personel, instead I will give you the grid location of Mr. Radiman speach on the subject.

Mr. Radiman's Address
    Last edited by Ghostfeather; Aug 3rd, 2005 at 14:50:56.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast