Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Fix for 2ho (next patch) while we wait on pvp improvements - your opinions pls

to kinksta. would need rage for that or challenger then when thats up zone
    to hex yeah i agree if it was more spaced out it would make it more fun and it is hard in that small area not to camp places .
    but keep coming up with the ideas maybe oneday FC will make a new pvp area or change 2ho some
    they got rid of the trees in 2ho above the grid so anything is possiable
    hugs to all

great idea's... i'm one of those people who think you shouldn't be allowed to zone at ALL when you're under attack by another player, and that includes fixers (sorry hex).
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

omg - very good ideas in this thread

We need a new place to play. Either reworking of 2ho as suggested or a NEW 25% battlefield that we can use/access from a grid/wompah

We need structures for combat - walls, gates, high + low ground and defendable positions.

Guards are pointles - put some lifebleeders or fearplanters in stead. hard-hitting mobs that dont discriminate.

I think basically what happened is players "figured out" 2ho - where to go where not to go - and now everyone fights with their back to a bunker/wompah - impossible to kill/be killed and down right BOORING.

Re: omg - very good ideas in this thread

Originally posted by gimpprof
    We need a new place to play. Either reworking of 2ho as suggested or a NEW 25% battlefield that we can use/access from a grid/wompah

We need structures for combat - walls, gates, high + low ground and defendable positions.

Guards are pointles - put some lifebleeders or fearplanters in stead. hard-hitting mobs that dont discriminate.

I think basically what happened is players "figured out" 2ho - where to go where not to go - and now everyone fights with their back to a bunker/wompah - impossible to kill/be killed and down right BOORING.
    Mort/Hope/Sentinals?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

The MKII cannons and Guards at Sentinels are a lot more badass than the grey guards at 2ho.

No, the only way to solve this is to remove all the zones, and remove the whompas (yes you heard me correctly). Grid only.

But then, as people have said, noone would go there.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The key here is interest, have a point of interest to control. Anyone remember the sabulum Crisis? that was by far the most fun i ever had in pvp, it was far away from a zone, inside Perpetual wastelands, this stupid litle town noone cared about and omni pol(NPCs) took it over, clans complained and went there to protest, omnis (players) went there to "protect" their troops, and so a fight began.

There was no where to zone so if you got the heat on you you better have the stuff because no zone was gona save you, no zone hoping, the day when i was there we were 4 clanners, Me, Snraf, Nessecity and Sylense, we killed all the omnis there, almost 20 of them. But that is behond the point, the point is, everyone that was there had fun, there were even two omni atrox that were gray to me that came back two time and died but i bet they had the time of their lifes, the fights were fair, strategies were used and they made a diference, noone escaped death by zoning, only by employing strategies and by having their friends pull the enemies off their back when they were going down. It took us hours, hours of the greatest pvp fun to defeat all the omnis, we basicaly took them down one at a time and it was a very hard fight. I remeber Zerosignal, an omni MA i forget the name he was high lvl at the time i think he quit now, many of the big pvp names of the time were there. Angelicnova was but a litle MP at the time and i bet she had great fun too.

The thing is, after the crisis was over noone ever put their feet there again, there was no porpuse anymore.

FC as got to make a zone where there is something worth controling, something that whoever side controls can feel proud about it. Given that there needs to be at least one staging area for each side, there also is a need for those zones not to be too close to the actual point of interest.

Taking in exemple sabulum, if the interest is the city, no zones should be present in the city, make one zone North with a grid and a bunker where clanners can stage their attack, and one zone South with whompas where omnis can stage their attack. On foot you should never be able to go from the staging area to the interest point in less than 2 minutes, take in consideration a on foot speed of 1800.

By this whoever controls the city and is pushed back, is pushed back to their staging area and there will be no zone hopign inside the city, once the defeated party is pushed back into their staging area the victors will back down to the city which is the point of interest so there will be no fights and zone hopping at the staging areas.

This kind of setting is what we need for large scale batles.
    there is:
    1) one staging area for each side
    2) space for maneuver, scouting and approaching startegies between each staging area and the point of conflict
    3) no zone hoping at the point of interest
    4) no incentive or point at fighting or zone hoping arround the staging areas since it accomplishes nothign and the point of interest is 2min away.
    5) dead people take a litle longer to come back to the conflict, its a bit more realistic.
    6) the point of interest is still close enough to zones not to make it too isolated and boring to go to

one more thing you could do to make it interesting is make Banks and outdoor vendors, something cool to be in.

Now all that is missing is someone at FC that will make this happen. there is so much empty room in mort for exemple or in Prepetual wastelands, there is a clan grid in mort and a whompa usable by omnis in Hope(also mort) they are like 4 minutes away from each other, why not make a contruction of some sort, a military facility or an old abandoned fort that looks very very cool so people would want to fight there. Its not dificult at all to make things happen, just need to dream a litle and then do it

Edit:speling hehe
    Last edited by Hextorr; Jul 31st, 2002 at 03:51:24.
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

ok ok

I was reading this thread and like most threads I got bored so i decided to skip to the end and post my thoughts. I think 2h0 should be improved AND we need a new zone to play around in. FC is taking PvP zones out rather than putting them in....big mistake.
    I suggest putting a pvp zone somewhere where it counts, Tarasque is the only thing that people pvp for with a purpose. 2h0 is just fun and optional but Tarasque if you chicken out, your side loses loot. Give some motivation to pvp and maybe people wont always be on the retreat.

Sorry If i repeated any suggestions others already had but as I said I got bored and skipped ahead. As for Hex, great idea of a thread, im sick of clan huggin bunker/omni huggin whompa...too little space to be effective enough.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

I can't wait!

One of these days I'll be able to get into 2ho! I really can't wait... I came here for PVP and I'm a comin' after all y'all omni scum!!! Prepare for the wrath!

Put 10 lvl 300+ guards near the whompas and they wont be camped..The kind that spawns by the whompas in ent by BB, when too many guards have been killed... a lvl 300+ guard spawns and blasts people 20 feet under in 2 shotts..
    (And dont be flaming me all off you clanners.. you know its Omni area.. ) so if you go near the shops+whompas you will die..
    Like a safe zone.. same like in mort.. clanners have a town there with "Male/Female blades" shotting us omnis commin near..
    Same there should be putten lvl 300+ guards.. so no omni comes near...But in a pvp zone.. there should be no 100% zones.. it should be 25% everywhere in shops also... Inside shops there should be lvl 300+ guards also.. preventing clanners from camping shops..smae in mort.. should be lvl 300+ blades inside shop.. preventing Omnis from camping them..
    Something like that would be nice..Its now atm too easy too go everywhere.. the guards are pathetic..a lvl 190+ char can kill any guard in the game.. it shouldnt be like that..

EDIT

Offcourse there should be whompas from Omni territory guarded by Omni guards.. and there should be whompas from Clan territory guarded by clanner guards...
    Put omni whompas south and clanner whompas north.. just and example.. well you get my point..
    Last edited by Nallepuuh; Jul 31st, 2002 at 06:42:30.
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

hopefully they implement capturing of position

Just so clan can take 2ho and have all the guards and unique Npcs spawn back as clan. Then Omni will see how annoying it is to have to constantly kill off pesky NPC's. These guards in 2ho btw are no threat to a high lvl whatsoeevr - but they sure do prevent any lower lvl clanner from fighting a fair fight in 2ho.

Its pvp so why even deal with factioned NPC's ?? In camelot a ghasp is a ghasp - it attacks whoever is closest.

Ive seen many low lvl omni pvpers in 2ho - they will run to the whompah guards if they losing a fight and let guards save em - YAY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12