Thread: So what do you all think of the story so far?

So what do you all think of the story so far?

Last episode for this year is coming up on the 18th of this month, then we are on a 6 month break from the story. So now that the AO story arc is almost 25% complete, just wondering if all of you are hanging by your britches in suspense for the next season.

I think I will take a lesson from Buddha. Desire is the root of all suffering. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with the game, the game is in fact perfect, it is my desire, and the expectation that this desire creates that leads to disappointment. My disappointment is not justified since it is a creation of my desire, not a creation of the game. Therefore I am responsible for my own disappointment, and not Funcom. So as you can see this is not a FLAME against Funcom or AO, this is a FLAME against myself. IF you would like to FLAME me more for this masochistic attack on myself, please feel free to.

Thumbs down pfffffff

desire comes from the marketing department these days ...

they shall burn in hell for their sins ....

and the story plainly sucks so far .....
    tradeskillz ?

Thumbs up Great

I think, the story is great so far.
    And hey, did I said PLEASE DONT STOP THE VIDEOS before?

Thumbs down bah

stop the silly movies.

i didn't buy ao to watch movies .... i can turn on my tv for that ...
    tradeskillz ?

Story Summary So Far:

NPCs want peace. While 98% of the players in the game run around shooting at each other, these npcs still want peace.

A bunch of npcs get assasinated, shot at, and killed. Pumpkin boy gets turned into pumpkin pie. Still, they want peace.

Hundreds of people die daily in 2h0. The guards want peace.
    MMD is soaked in blood. The guards run around talking about peace.

The lead clan dude gets shot at but still wants peace.

Oh yeah, the suspense is killing me.
    Peace = no work for funcom.

So expect lots more peace.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

The story so far... Well, Im having great fun, and as far as Im concerned the story has made me a couple of RP discusions, and that has to mean that the story is good.

And about the peace thing, earlier commented here. Well, of course most NPC wants peace...they are the "civilians" of Rubi-Ka...the ordanary folks, and ordanary folks that dont want peace are, well, plain stupid.

And the peace will acctually create more RP possibility then outright war ever will, so, it aint that bad...

thats my 2 cents anyway..
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

98%

>NPCs want peace. While 98% of the players in the game run >around shooting at each other, these npcs still want peace.

[sarcasm]Yes and you can tell this is true easily because almost 2% of the players in AO have a PvP title and of course nearly 3% voted PvP was their favorite part of AO[/sarcasm]

>Hundreds of people die daily in 2h0. The guards want peace.
    >MMD is soaked in blood. The guards run around talking about >peace.

- Well kind of true - Soaked with the blood of the 100 clanners and 100 Omni that enjoy PvP and/or Griefing. In fact, read through the forums and I bet you could name the majority of them. LOL