Thread: Story of Cathiryn

Story of Cathiryn

Francie "Cathiryn" Hereda, was born at a clan outpost near Newland City 3rd of June 29455. Her father (Frank) was a soldier and her mother (Lizbeth) were a housewife, taking care of Cathiryn and her 12 year older brother (Fredrik).

At the Omni invasion 30th August 29461 when Cathiryn were 6 years old, her father and older brother were called out to fight against an Omni attack at their outpost. Cathiryn and her mother had seeked out shelther in a house nearby. Suddenly 3 Omni soldiers stepped through the door, captured Cathiryns mother while Cathiryn made an escape out from the house, running towards a forest neraby with 2 other Omni soldiers after her. Fredrik, Cathiryns brother spotted the 2 soldiers chasing his sister. Cathiryn seeked hideout in a small cave shaped hole out in the woods, laying there she could hear the 2 Omni soldiers calling for a little girl. Afraid as she was, she didn't move, or didn't say a word but all of the sudden she heard a familiar voice saying: "HEY you Omni scums! Leave the girl alone!". A gun fight broke loose and the noice stoped within a few seconds.

Scared and the tears running down her shin, she could hear voices saying: "Har har, ya got him pretty bad there!", the other voice saying: "Yeah, He's still moving that bastard! Let's make him an example for other Clan scums what happens if they resists!".

Cathiryn held her ears in her hideout, afraid to move... She was down there for hours, when the nightfall came and it got a bit darker, she crawled out from her hideout. Looking around for anyone nearby, she spotted something that looked like a human haning from a tree not far from her cave that she's been hiding out in. Carefully approaching the tree, she could see that the body hanging there was some one she knew, some one she loved. Cathiryns brother had been brutally beaten up and been hanged up in a tree like an animal, desicrated! Tears, running down again, and unable to cut down her brother from the tree, she ran back to the outpost to look for someone to help her. She came back to the camp, everything was quiet and there were signs of a brtual battle all over the outpost. Cathiryn seeked out the house where she and her mother had seeked shelter, opened the door. Quiet, not a single life sign. In a corner she spotted a body, cloths ripped off and blood everywhere. Again, tears and anger came forth when she recognized the body. Lizbeth, her mother had probably been raped and beaten to death. Cathiryn ran out from the house with tears in her eyes. She walked around the outpost desperatly seeking for any sign of her father, who she hoped to be alive. In vain, she strove around for hours, seeing bodies laying everywhere and while the time went on, she got tired and exausted. At last, she fell asleep on a rockhill nearby.

Woke up, noticed that she was laying in a soft bed and not the rockyhill side she fell asleep at. She opened her eyes and could see a lamp, a table. The room was fairly small with rocks as walls. An elder man entered the room, and said: "Ahh, you've finally woke up lil girl." Cathiryn didn't replied, she was all quiet in the bed. The man said: "I see, you must be too hungry to speak. Wait here and I'll bring something that I've been cooking up." and then he dissapeard out from the room. As Cathiryn sat on the bed, she noticed some pictures and arts on the wall with strange signs that she've never seen before. Some strange weapons, not firearms that he father and brother had been using, but something else. A few candles were lit on the table next to the bed with a bright firely glow. The elder man steped in to the room again with a plate of some soup and a piece of bread... He noticed that Cathiryn were looking at the pictures and weapons on the wall and said: "You've ever seen those things before?" Cathiryn shoke her head and the man said: "Things I've been collected through life." He handed over the plate of soup with a smile and said: "You must be starving. I was lucky finding you on the rockyhill side, before some Techwreckers would have." Cathiryn took the plate of soup and the piece of bread, quickly starting to eat, so she've not eaten in weeks. The old man laughed and said: "Hehe, you must be very hungry poor girl!" With the mouth full of food she looked up at the wall and pointed at a fairly small weapon, the elder man asked: "You want to know what that is?". Cathiryn nod, and the man said: "Well, that's called an Bear Claw." Cathiryn looked at the man with big eyes, and suddenly the man said: "How rude of me, I've not introduced myself, my name is Kioshu, and who might you be lil girl?". Catiryn finished off the plate of soup and the piece of bread: "Catiryn." she said. "Oooh, Cathiryn, that's a nice name" Kioshu replied. "Tell me Cathiryn, are you lost from home?" Cathiryn just looked at Kioshu without saying a word. Kioshu asked again: "Where are your parents?". Tears started to come forth again, and Cathiryn started to cry. "Ohhh, I'm sorry Cathiryn" Kioshu tried to comfort her and she stopped, whipping her tears.

Kioshu said: "Well, don't you worry lil girl, I'll take care of you. Everything will be allright."

OOC: That's how Cathiryn lost her family and met Kioshu, a Master 5th Dan Martial Artist, retired member of the dojo Fist of the Sun.

Cathiryn was raised by Kioshu from the age of 6. Since she have lost her parents, Kioshu thought that if he could teach her to get in peace with her inner self, she'd might be able to live a happier life, instead of hatred. He thought her the way of Martial Art and how to live as an Martial Artist. Since that time when Kioshu took care of Cathiryn, she've been calling him her father. Since 2 years ago, Kioshu told Cathiryn to leave for a while and see the world, she was ready to explore the world of Rubi-Ka.

Not long time ago, Cathiryn passed Tir and met a Trader with the name "Stiletto18". She asked if Cathiryn were interested in joining an Organization to protect Clan outposts from Omni attacks. That's where she can be found today, a member of "Knights of Rubi-Ka" at RK2. Cathiryn made a promise to Kioshu before she left, that she would come back to him when she've found true inner peace...

I'd be more than happy to recieve any feedback of this story... Maybe I've got some spelling errors or gramma errors that needs to be corrected.

Hope you enjoyed readin it...
    Last edited by Tnekmeister; Jul 31st, 2002 at 08:35:35.