Thread: Death = Umm..how much HP???

Death = Umm..how much HP???

Just did a solo mission in Broken Shores....

The first few mobs I killed...they still had a pinch of HP left on their bars when they died....

And then...according to the HP bar, the mob that killed me had ZERO hp for about 5-10 seconds before I died...

Lag is irritating in general, but this is too much.....
    .: Naraya :.

I personally liked last night i fell over in the middle of a mission. I never did figure out why. I took no more then 5% of my HP in damage ended up loosing 1.2mil xp.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

just as much annoying as if u take dmg if the mob dies, the whole team goes into next room, and u still are in fight and take 3x 800 crits and die...

Starting attack failed...
    You were hit by -NONE- for 800 pts of melee dmg. CRITICAL ****

I had an interesting experience too... this might not be the appropriate thread, but once I did solo mission, killed a few mobs and then suddenly I got... "You were hit by Unknown damage xxx points" around every 3-5 secs, well I thought that someone had cast a Nano on me... but I didn't had any hostile programs on me... Even removed all programs and re-casted em. This continued all the way through the mission til I zoned out from there.

Anyone else got this?

Tnekmeister: me.

I had to run away of the mission to zone...
    It was a long time ago (more than three months I think), maybe around patch 13.x
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Same thing happened to me yesterday. We just finished killing a mob in a mission and I took a shot for 600 damage which was healed almost immediately. About 5 secs after the mob was dead I took 2 hits for 500 from the unknown mob and I keel over dead. The really annoying part was I had 3k hps and died from 1k damage.

Got the usual "We'll send this forward for testing" response.

Mine takes the cake.

I was the middle of tir. I was flying in my yal then the zone crashed. When i came back i was dead.

-5.5millionxp

Then the arks brush me off ignore me and get pissed off at me when i ask for a GM
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Originally posted by Kalashnakof
    Mine takes the cake.

I was the middle of tir. I was flying in my yal then the zone crashed. When i came back i was dead.

-5.5millionxp

Then the arks brush me off ignore me and get pissed off at me when i ask for a GM

Heh im suprise that the Ark didn't say "you should know better than to enter tir" OR "we have located the problem, you see you may lose exp if you are in a zone that other players are in, or may lose exp if you enter a zone that other players are in or may for unknown reasons, crash and relog to find your account suspended and all chracters deleted when zoneing."
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Woah... it's wicked... but somehow I still like it... the game that say Not dying by some unknow damage or randomly fall down to the ground, dead

I've had phantom damage more times than I care to count. Take 3 or so hits further damage after the mob has died. Strange thing is, I can't heal during this period using kits - I'm still "in a fight". Haven't died yet from it because I've got some good healer friends.

Another silly sync issue I expect.

Creala,

183 NT RK2.

Talking I am undead!!!!

this is a little different:

The other day I was playing with the shark in Old Athen some lag or something hit the area and the shark got a few hits, totalling 1016 damage.. No biggy except the toon that I was playing had 320 max hit points!

As the damage hit I was running backwards, my friend standing there goes "you arent dead?!" ( now, I had thought the reason I was seeing myself running backwards was lag)

So, I look at my hp it reads "0/1016" I healed fully and had 1016 hitpoints.

I zoned, and went back to my 320. Laughed about it and went on with my day..

Later, same toon was in a mission. A mob starts hurting me right as my buffs start to time out, I ran to the exit and zoned.. Upon successful zoning I am told "your bodily remains have been made available"... But I am not dead, I am right outside the mission, and my belongings are in my inventory..

So i run to the reclaim booth and it is empty..

I go back into the mission and hit Q, I suddenly see a scrolling spam of me doing damage to the mob who had been chasing me, and he dies.. By this point Im just laughing at the insanity of it.

I finish the mission, get the token, leave the zone, run to the store, sell things, zone out of the store, zone again, wompah, and then DIE!!!!!!!

I am informed that I have died of weapon damage.. In borealis, 100% supression gas..

Wierd and wacky stuff.

Was fun being undead for a while though.

Jabba
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

These past few days i have been missioning in BS alot more since the missions are smaller there, In BS im pron to see this happen alot more, and it happens esp in situation when it is only the worst time.
    several times though i would see my hp hit 0 then i would heal back up to 400+. I died 3 times on the same mob in the same fight with in 15secs. luckely i hit my short cut and bam back up to the good old green filled bar
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

It's true that sometimes lag is quite annoying, when you are hit by a monster whereas you've already received the XP when it is supposed to be dead.
    But one time, the lag help me, but I still wonder why. I was hit by a monster, my HP fell to 0, and I heard the death music. But my MP was still attacking the mob, and I can use a Kit to restore my HP, so I don't die. I ve made a screen of me fighting with 0 HP, and it last appproximatively 10-20 seconds before I used the kit.
    So sometimes lag is useful
    RK2 MP LvL 146
    "And if Her fate is not a portent of Apocalypse,
    Then the comet that graze nightskies
    Will surely cleanse of wrongs and reichs ,
    When You and I and all else dies."

Bugged shark in Athen

Dropped by at the Shark in Athen today as there was a team of people (lvl 60+) there trying to kill it.

The shark can usually be killed rather easily, even more or less without risk if you are a ranged shooter...

The shark which is roughly level 100-110 had got massive amount of hitpoints and thus unkillable. A couple of agents lvl 100 and 140ish joined in with X3's and after 20-30 minutes of shooting the health bar was down to maybe 35% - and raising......

In addition to that the shark hit for 5000. If it attacked you, your healthpoint went to zero "you was attacked for 5145" but you didnt die . Only problem was you couldnt heal either - blah. Someone had petitioned and a really nice ARK showed up. She was curious of the strange behavior too and ended up terminating the beasty fish.

On the next spawn, the fish was "back to normal" ie killable, the ARK left and everyone was happy.

However, on the second next spawn. Hey presto there it was again! The unkillable God Shark was back! Whats going on in the muddy waters of Athens these days is more than I can comprehend......

OK, maybe Sharky boy needed to be nerfed as it was too easy to kill it, but the very odd behavior above cannot surely be intended.

hehe, I think its the GMs having fun with those taking advantage of a mob that can't fight back. I remember once at stanly adams (back when hewas killable for a very nice amount of xp) stan spawned with a nice nova flow and kicked all our asses so hard I think my alt felt it.
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

Once I soloed a mission, the zone crashed, i came back with 0 HP and lost my meager 40k xp. I was able to rom through the mission without getting atacked, and loot chests. I couldn't zone out either, so it was a fair trade.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier