Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Is this a coup? A Neutral opinion

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Is this a coup? A Neutral opinion

July 8 29479

IRRK - Those who know Rubi-Ka history can hardly be surprised when the political landscape of our home world finds itself with an unexpected new horizon, but the news today that Omni-Tek has installed a new military leader as CEO on Rubi-Ka could amount to the most disturbing change in centuries.

Could this be an exercise in smoke and mirrors to allow Omni-Tek to install a military leader without having to explain the replacement of Ross to the ICC? A popular and well-respected politician who, like him or loathe him, has always strived to protect Rubi-Ka. Philip Ross’ importance as a stabilising force on Rubi-ka should not be underestimated.

Now it remains to be seen how the more militant clans will react to the new face of Omni-Tek, one whose experience is with tactics and weapons rather then negotiation and laws.

The conspiracy theorists are certainly going to have a field day!

Was this the plan all along? Were Philip Ross’ peaceful overtures to the clans finally too much for Omni-Prime or is it just a natural reaction to a time of war?

It will be interesting to see how Tarkhan Zora decides to use his new powers of
    Marshall law and whether these new powers will really find Mr Ross’ assailants any faster. Will he respect our neutrality? Whilst Ross always towed the party line and considered us publicly to be Omni citizens he never treated us as such through his actions…..will the new landlord at Omni-1 be as willing to turn a blind eye?

IRRK Editor

I would not call this a coup, but I tempted to call this a lapse in judgement on behalf of Omni Prime. It is generally a mistake to give the military political/administrative responsibilites. The military have an important role play. They exist to protect the people. They are not suited to govern let alone run a company.

Moreover the Unicorns are very much still outsiders as far as most Rubi-Kans are concerned. They arrived on the planet comparatively recently, and through a series of blunders, often violent in nature, they did very little to endear themselves to the local population. So much so, they even came to blows with Omni-Pol.

I wish Tarkhan Zora well for his new role, I hope for all our sakes he is up to it. But personally I would have much prefered an experienced Rubi-Ka politician like Kithrak take this role rather than an off-worlder military security advisor.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy

Burn, heretic, burn....

But seriusly, yes, we are at war, but not everything is black and white. And so far Unicorns have shown that they know just 2 sides.....Unicorns and everyone else.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Since I’m not acquanted with Mr Zora, I’ll withhold from commenting his appointment for now. He will be judged by his deeds.

However, I urge the new CEO of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka to remember and act according to the legacy of Mr Ross in respect to the different factions on this planet.

Marshall law may not be the best way to get your act together. There are different investigations into the shooting of Mr Ross going on. Cooperation might prove to be far more effective.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge

And so far Unicorns have shown that they know just 2 sides.....Unicorns and everyone else.
    I suppose everyone forgets that the Unicorn Company are the ones who serves as a spearpoint against the aliens.
    They gave us our means of communication back aswell as finding alien drop-spots in the outzone.

Unicorn do as the Omni Prime tells them to do. Just like Omni Tek Rubi Ka.

On topic....
    A coup? What utter rubbish!
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Hmmm.

Ok heres some stuff put together.

First, they confirm that Phillip Ross was shot by a sniper rifle of some kind.

Second, the supression gass had been changed for four seconds during the attack.

Third, the assasin escaped through a special grid only accesible by fixers at the longest road.

Fourth, Ross all of a sudden gets to be the first person on the planet to get a virus never heared of and slips into a coma while he was being treated for his shot in the best medical facility and by the best medical doctor on the planet.

Fifth, Tharkan Zora becomes to be his replacer.

Hmmm. Sound strange enough?
    The things that I'm wondering is this. Who on Rubi-Ka was able to change the supression gass for four seconds in Omni-1?
    And we all know fixers aren't really good snipers and agents cant get through the fixer grid.
    And how on earth could Ross have gotten this wierd virus?

Y'know, I once heared that the fixer grid holds the logo of the unicorns. The grid was made to be a transport for the Unicorns but the fixers hacked it or whatever it was.
    Ok...the only people that come to my mind is Omni-Prime, with the assasins being the Unicorns.

First - They have sniperrifles, so it couldve been an agent of theirs (nothing special)

Second - They could have easily dropped the supression gass as they can get complete controll over it, for they do the security in Omni-1.

Third - Even if it was an agent, it could've accessed the fixer grid if the fact is true that the fixer grid was originaly designed for the Unicorns.

Fourth - This is very fishy, and they say it could've been that the virus was just spread, but the facts are clear. I think its utter bs, pardon my language. Never the less, if Omni-Prime wanted him to get this virus they could've easily done so without any problem at all.

Fifth - Omni-Prime sends in their man to control the whole thing.

Now I know some of you are gonna say "they already controlled the whole thing".
    But theres a difference, now they can step up their force against Clans. Phillip Ross had a certain immage, if he would've stated that there would be a major offensive against the clans it would have been blown.
    Zora hasn't even done anything as CEO yet and people (Clan, Neutral and Omni) are thinking the worst, thats his immage and if they were to strike a major offensive the people wouldn't be shocked, because they expected it.
    And ofcourse now they can invade Clan cities for "investigation" purpose, they can even turn up the heat and attack the Clans harder than ever "in revenge".

Someone once told me that warfare is like a game of chess. Chess can be won in the first twenty moves, meaning that the outcome of the game can be decided even before it has started. The key is to think ahead and anticipate the next move of your oponent.
    These events make me realise that we're only pawns.
    That the we're mearly trying to find out what the next move is going to be while Omni-Tek has already decided our future.
    Only thing we can do is think ahead and anticipate their next move.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Ah conspiracy theories. What is it about Rubi-Ka that inspires so many conspiracy theories.

First of all Suppression Gas is nice, but not that effective. I see people get killed in Omni-Ent all the time. I was killed by a fellow Omni employee just a few weeks ago in Rome Red, exiting the grid.

Secondly if Omni-Prime wanted to replace Ross, they'd just do it. As you are fond of reminding us, we are corporation we have rules to follow.

I am not sayijng this could not have been an inside job. I just saying your conclusions are based very flimsy conjecture.

Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    These events make me realise that we're only pawns.
    No offense intended, but how come you've taken so long to realize this?
    Rubi-Ka is the world to us but only one of a number of business areas to OT..

Yes, indeed war is like chess and right now we're playing two games at once: Clan versus OT (versus Neutrals) and Rubi-Ka versus Aliens. (Plus the various struggles for power within each faction.)

Savoy said it well, the military serves an important role on the battlefield but this does not necessarily make them well suited for government or managing a corporation like OT.

However, like Legaron I have a hard time believing that a clanner could gain access to Ross, shoot him and get away unseen. Even if the shooter was a clanner I cannot believe that he (or she) did not get substantial help from within OT.. for 30 millenia one single question has been asked in each and every criminal investigation: "Who benefits?"
    In this case it seems that the Unicorns benefit the most from the shooting - or, more accurately, the faction controlling the Unicorns and their emplacement here.

As for what life will be like with Unicorns running OT-RK, well, I guess time will tell. But I have begun taking a bunch of clan applications along every time my work takes me into OT territory.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jokzer
    No offense intended, but how come you've taken so long to realize this?
    No not really, and you prolly know from the discussions weve been through.
    What I ment was it makes me realise it even more.

Secondly if Omni-Prime wanted to replace Ross, they'd just do it. As you are fond of reminding us, we are corporation we have rules to follow.
    And maybe those same rules restricted them from doing that.

*edit to add*

I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory and maybe it is.
    But the only thing I'm doing is putting the five facts that I have next to eachother and stating what I think is true. Doesn't nescesarily mean its true, just showing my view.
    Last edited by Legaron; Jul 9th, 2005 at 15:50:28.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Unicorn do as the Omni Prime tells them to do. Just like Omni Tek Rubi Ka.
    Some bedside reading
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Clanners chosing to support the Law and Omni-Pol can only be a sign of a birghter future for the whole of Rubi-Ka.
    That support given was against the same people who are now taking control of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka.

Do you still see a brighter future?

Keeper of Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Well this is old news and everyone knows it was a matter of crashing orders. Even though the commanders of each group (Unicorns vs Omni 6th) were acting out on eachother the matters were settled without further troubles.

Legaron your theory is just as valid as all the other theorys. Or, just as little valid if you choose...

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Legaron your theory is just as valid as all the other theorys. Or, just as little valid if you choose...
    I'm more than happy to read what your theories might be.

Keeper of Assembly

That support given was against the same people who are now taking control of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka.

Do you still see a brighter future?
    No I do not. Which is why in my original post (scroll up a little and you will see it) I express my misgivings about this appointment. I don't think the military should be charge of government and I don't think the Unicorns have earned the trust of Rubi-Ka. It is not at all a good starting point.

Savoy

First of all, I don’t believe for a minute that it was a member of the Clans who shot Mr Ross.

Legaron does have a point though. Just one thing: why this way? One takes a big risk trying to shoot at Mr Ross during a public meeting. There might be eyewitnesses and the assassin could get caught.
    Mr Ross isn’t a young man anymore; there are far less su****ious manners to get him out of the way. An accident, an illness, or just plain old age…

If you are right Legaron, there must be a reason why they did it this way…
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    First of all, I don’t believe for a minute that it was a member of the Clans who shot Mr Ross.

Legaron does have a point though. Just one thing: why this way? One takes a big risk trying to shoot at Mr Ross during a public meeting. There might be eyewitnesses and the assassin could get caught.
    Mr Ross isn’t a young man anymore; there are far less su****ious manners to get him out of the way. An accident, an illness, or just plain old age…

If you are right Legaron, there must be a reason why they did it this way…
    If I'm right there might be several reasons.
    Open hostility and fingerpointing at the Clans. Notice that they are saying to break out Martial Law and taking over investigations from Omni-Pol. And well..from that topic you see how these guys investigate...They treathen to blow up a whole city if one person goes missing...And that was just a reporter. Now they are coming after the "assasin" of one of their most important CEO's.
    The Clans have taken control over a lot of mines on Rubi-Ka and half the planet, for OT this is not profitable, and I'm sure that they are more than willing to kill a CEO, blame it on the rebbels and bomb the whole place to get their profits back up.
    Why this way? As an assasination they could make it look like a clanner did it.

That is ofcourse if I'm right...

No I do not. Which is why in my original post (scroll up a little and you will see it) I express my misgivings about this appointment. I don't think the military should be charge of government and I don't think the Unicorns have earned the trust of Rubi-Ka. It is not at all a good starting point.
    I see that you are not happy with it, but are you doing anything about it?
    Or should I be excusing myself for a such a needless question?

Keeper of Assembly

No not really, and you prolly know from the discussions weve been through.
    What I ment was it makes me realise it even more.
    Yeah, I know.
    I was just pulling your leg a little.

Btw:
    Without defending any OTer in the slightest I must say that just about the only way of being sure to get the attention of the upper level management, as is needed to get things to cool down here, is to show that the current situation is costing money/not earning the maximum amount possible.
    For that to happen there has to be a span of time from the Unicorns take over until the books show the result.
    Unfortunately, in that span of time you and I are going to be out there bleeding, alongside a lot of others, but right here and now I can't see a way around it.
    Anyway, soldiers are made to be the ones bleeding so I guess it's not so different from everyday life for me - and, I gather, for you.

[[This news just in: too much time on the boards makes for time at reclaim.. ]]
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well this is old news and everyone knows it was a matter of crashing orders. Even though the commanders of each group (Unicorns vs Omni 6th) were acting out on eachother the matters were settled without further troubles.
    No offense, Naefen, but have the Unicorns brought you in for conditioning recently? That incident wasn't simply two rival groups trying to outdo each other (what some might call a pissing contest). And those "further troubles" would have been the leveling of Borealis at the hands of the Unicorns had the reporter not turned himself in to spare the town.

Omni-Pol was on the scene to defend the Neutrals from the completely unnecessary attack begun by Unicorn Company. That reporter could have easily been taken into custody by Omni-Pol without incident had the Unicorns not shown up to assault innocent people.

The Unicorn Company, and Tarkhan Zora, have no business running operations here on RK. They believe only in attacking first and asking questions later. With them in control of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka, if the Kyr'Ozch don't destroy our homes and businesses the Unicorn Company certainly will.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

It may be a little premature to talk about this, Zora has not actually done anything yet and Ross is not dead, theoretically Ross could resume the role of CEO any day.

But I tell you one thing, should Zora do anything as barbaric as ordering his men to kill Neutrals on sight, you won't find me making excuses for him or saying things like "Well, what do Neutrals what to come to Omni-1 for anyway?" I'll leave that kind of hypocracy to the Clan apologists.

Savoy

Actually, Legaron, I have already posted my theory some time ago. You have even commented on it and just as I am skeptic to yours, you were to mine.
    Theorys are good for constructive thinking though.

Amosco no I have not been brought in for anything at all actually.
    Thing is, I may be only one who dares to mention all the good things the Unicorns have done for us on Rubi Ka since the aliens attacked. For some reason people treat them like the scum of the planet. They arent.
    They are ,in fact, everyones greatest allies aganst the alien threat. But, lets not make this another Unicorn thread....

I really dont believe the Neutrals will be treated much differently with the assisting CEO. I sure hope they wont...
    As for the clanners I am pretty sure some changes will be felt. Mr.Zhora is probably trained from a long time ago to go a hard line with people/organisations/groups that refuse to reason and work together.
    We can only wait and see.

As it is on this planet now ,I am not too disapointed at having a military CEO. It could be exactly what we need...

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast