Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Ideas

I would really like to see that gunship

Exclamation my ideas

Hoveboard:
    Adds +20-40 runspeed

Bike:
    Adds 40-200 speed (depending on ql of vehicle)

Cars:
    Range ql 30-200, with speed according to ql

Tanks: Little if none speed increase, yet it works as tank: high AC/hitpoints, see below

Planes:
    Flying options, flightspeed according to ql.

Another option with the cars and tanks should be:
    It got a set level of hitpoints, no AC, and it takes damage (like absorb damage nanos). This means it would take hits instead of you, and eventually wear out. This can easily affect the economy, and make planes (especially) a no once-buy only.
    Tanks would provide even higher hitpoints, while cars and/or planes would have better ac
    With this option in the vehicles, prices would be
    - Hoverboards: Cheap, so cheap that even a 1-10 level dude can buy it
    - Bikes: Cheaper than cars, fast vehicles though.
    - Cars (Lets call these APC(Armored Personell Car)): A bit more expensive than bikes, yet it provides some armor. Shouldnt be as fast as bikes (ql to ql comparion that is. A ql 200 car should of course be faster than a ql 50 bike)
    - Tanks: Slow, yet insane high hitpoints. Cost a bit more than cars, but would be great to move around in hostile territory with slower speed
    - Planes: Cost alot, fast speed, yet it should be in a wider range of variety. Should excist as slow movin planes which cost same as todays planes, but faster planes would cost more than todays types. My suggestion to planes when it concerns damage: Should be able to take less damage than cars.

Colors and paintings? Nah, it would provide some variation, but even variation in vehicle speed and types would be better.

Also, some sound options would rock. Ive NEVER heard any sounds.. Why? Isnt it implemented? Or is there any option to turn in on/off?
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Cars definitely need sound - kinda funky when you just kinda float, without even engines whirring. I hear people say 'its the future! stuff doesnt make noise!' well then why do guns, machinery, etc. make noise?

Hoverboards are something that would definitely be neat, wouldn't work on water (back to the future, anyone? ), and be slower than the bikes and cars...

Bikes wouldn't necessarily be faster than cars, but might increase evades, because they are lots more dextrous than cars..

Cars should come in many more variants... in the kodiak's description it says it's available in many shapes and colors.. but it's not ;p and could use a wider range of speeds, so they could compete with the air planes..

Originally posted by Gil-the-Arm
    I forgot to add my bit about the solid cars: cars definitely should be solid, rather than just like people (you can walk thru them etc.).
    That would also mean that you would materialize outside the grid terminal in 2HO and find yourself blocked in by a large group of people in Carrier Crafts with their friends inside the circle that are now all shooting at you while you have no where to go.

Every game that has allowed players to block other players movement have ended up this way, Ultima Online - with people piling bags of flour on the road in narrow canyons and then swooping for the PK while the person was trying to move them, or in Everquest - where some inconsiderate Ogres would sit their big butts down just inside the narrow entrance to a zone and prevent players from passing through, which usually meant the players ended up dying.

how about stickers?? like tattoos on yalmahas?

like "low-rider" or something... u can make custom stickers and such.. maybe u can make a 50 X 25 pixel image in photoshop (custom colors) and be able to import your own images??

or make a terminal ( like hallmark cards ) that u can make custom stickers in the game?

or just plainly have a wide sellection of stickers... it would be sweet... supin' up my ride...

hahah pick up all da hunnies

/end g-talk

cub

"Honk if something falls off "

LOL yea!! thats a good one! hehe

Some great ideas above :)

I would also like Mechanical Engineering be used for modifying vehicles. Like to be able to boost a Hoverbike with an incredible engine, but your stamina slowly lowers until you have to rest to regain it.

How about giving vehicles more depth in general: make them consume fuel/energy cells (like a weapon consumes ammo).

And Hoverbikes: many colors and styles to choose from. I want a pink one with daisy print! haha!

I didnt read through all of those, and maybe Im reiterating an already posted idea, but I like Gummizluv's Tank idea, and to go along w/ that and the opening intro movie theme, gunships as I think I saw someone also post...

Ie, make the game match the movie which prompted us to buy the game???? <-- novel idea, eh?

anyway, I read somewhere else, and it was both humerous and practical....

introduce a newbie car - one that would not as much speed as say a Kodiak does, but does allow a newbie to move around zones a bit faster, to maybe have the chance to outrun a RR!!! I hated running through Stret West as a Lowbie, and get 3 hit by RR Matriarch's/Queens!!

The idea was to make available in lowbie shops (ie, the initial store vendor in newbie areas, and that can be found in some large cities - in Athen there is one right next to a couple of Mission Term's over by shopping alley)....

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!

It would ahve a descrip like:

CCBB-9001
    QL 2
    Attack Delay 10s
    Equip Delay 10s
    Modify Run Speed 50
    Modify Spew Smoke out Wearers Backside <--- just a joke

CCBB-9001 was the last line of ground vehicles born of the internal combustion age, yet incorporated the then brand new NanoTechnology to power it. It was very inefficient, yet might prove useful to new arrivals on Rubi-Ka to enable short distance travel a little more easy.

Originally posted by Noe

introduce a newbie car - one that would not as much speed as say a Kodiak does, but does allow a newbie to move around zones a bit faster, to maybe have the chance to outrun a RR!!! I hated running through Stret West as a Lowbie, and get 3 hit by RR Matriarch's/Queens!!

If your running around in a zone with matriarchs/queens abundant, you should be rat food once and a while. Thats the danger of doing missions that have the higher cash back bonuses . And from what I've heard alot of kodiak users become mob munchies themselves.

Originally posted by Alexion

If your running around in a zone with matriarchs/queens abundant, you should be rat food once and a while. Thats the danger of doing missions that have the higher cash back bonuses . And from what I've heard alot of kodiak users become mob munchies themselves.
    dont rain on my parade!! hehe, jk

If only Anarchy Online engine supported such vehicles as in tribes 2.
    The hover bike is ub3r r33t and id have fun all the time travlinng to places ;]
    .............!

Shrike!! Keep dreaming..

Originally posted by LRRH
    http://ao.hackersquest.com/show.php3?id=96094&item=1

http://ao.hackersquest.com/show.php3?id=96095&item=1

Kinda surprised no one went and looked it up yet, but there you are.
    Neat, but useless. And doesn't exist in game to my knowledge. And uses the yahama sprite. Oh well, nice try FunCom anyways.

I like the idea of having some vehicles carrying more then just the owner. I have a yal, carrier and hydro. The description on the carrier says it is big and slow to carry more items. What items? I can't even get another player in. Allow the carriers to carry all team members and maybe have one or two storage compartments for items.

Also making yals or other flying vehicles have a extra seat would also be neat.

Since the yals are so freaking expensive and hard ot find in mission, some of the people in my guild have no means to go along on missions/hunts unless we go by foot.

Please Funcom. Make the items fit the description.

how about some sub-orbital spacecraft so that we can mine the asteroids orbiting Rubi-Ka? Also I think that with a combination of Mech Enginnering and Weapon Smithing you should be able to add weapons to your vehicle.

Originally posted by Alexion

Neat, but useless. And doesn't exist in game to my knowledge. And uses the yahama sprite. Oh well, nice try FunCom anyways.
    One member of 24-7 found one just two days ago, but he dont have ip to use in ground veichle yet to try it.

You are quite correct Xeni...

Im the one who found it. Like Garzu I found it in a chest. I cant remember the ql of the one I found, but its around 150ish I think. As far as I can see, from its description and requirements, it is the ONLY vehicle in the game which enables you to fight while in it. It has the extra ranged energy attack too. I think I will use it some day, since the reqs aren't that high. But I need some more levels to be able to get more IP and install implants to meet the requirements.

But its more from curiousity than need that I will try it. Want to see how it looks for the most. By the time I can use it, Ill have the Slayerdroid transference which adds 100 ac's more than this one.

Octo, 110 Engineer
    Board Member
    24-7

well we all live in a nano world
    how about hireing an engineer to cast armor and other bot buffs on your vehicle?

the gunsship, it excists but looks like a black yalm, with 2 guns one on each side, kinda shorter and VERY cool!
    woot! clanners to dumb to drive on or what?
    i meen havent omni got enought omni only items?
    i havent played that much but so far i havent seen a single
    clan only items worth jack!

previous post
    also notice that in the description of kodiaks it says 'available in many different shapes and colors.' Oh, you mean beige dildo?
    ROFLMAO ( my phrase! invented and trademarked..NOT)

Realistic vehicle ideas:
    i liked the one players building vehicles like weapons and other tradeskill items. thou it would have to cost a freaking fortune to keep vehicles freq low, i meen there are just to many darn yalms around as it is!
    one should have to be awed when seein one, now its just like a freaking airport at missionterms.

custom color: well ...id settle for some colors , like the mirr clothes. great looks, same cloths as ones car!

lets face it folks, FC will never add deep coding changes into the game involving serious GUI changes and such, so customisation and such will be hard to do.

car having same color as armor, nifty solution ....thou even there we need more diversity. to many coats out there that look alike.
    what else hmmm...
    guns on vehicles...why? they are only used as faster travel, ie
    you pay for speed by inability to fight, wanna fight, use yer god given 2 feet!

sound: heck yea give us vehicle sound!
    carriers: yes more loading space, i love the Team idea!
    i do meen Carrier..hence the name carry things...other than air
    would be great to actually load the team...they are loaded cant do anything unless unload... and the owner drives it.

hydros: worthless piece of junk, gimme a blowtorch so i can make some tank armors!
    nah seriously i love the idea about underwater missions( and for gods sake fix the swimskill, hold my breath?? ok and after one hour sitting under water what then? how hard can it be`?
    i meen you get damage by standing in glowing green goop, make it so that after a period of time( depending on swimskill) you start to get serious damage from water! it its so hard to define if head is above or under water just make it so if you are in water at all you get damage! that takes care of the swimskill and would actually be means to use a hydro! also make fish unable to attack a hydro! safe passage on water , only way unless flying!
    great with a load passenger feature: i can just see a huge river and an eng there ferrying ppl across for tips! ROFL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast