Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Ideas

Vehicle Ideas

Who has an idea for a new vehicle or an addition to an old one?

post it here...

how about weapons on vehicles...or have vehicles take damage and get destroyed? how about a motor-cycle looking hover-bike where you can actually see the character zooming around instead of simply turning into a spaceship?!

those are my ideas...anyone have any more?

they already have bikes in the game.

there is a sweet convertible in one of the parking stations above the tir arena.

it would be great to make them player usable.

it would be great if cars were tradeable. i can see used car sales men popping up everywhere.

Hoverbike..

*wipes drool from chin*

Pardon me.

We need Tanks ~ and I'm not talking about the obsolete piece of chest armor here.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

There need to be hoverbikes, of course - tanks, that can hold a crew ( a person with heavy weapons skill to use the gun, vehicle ground to drive ) more, different types of air vehicles! like air liners, that can hold 20+ people.. cars that have an interior (like in the movies) etc. or a pair of wings that uses agility and vehicle air, that looks like a pair of wings has been strapped to the user!

I'd like to see some more planes. Its kinda boring that everyone flies around in white yalmahas. Insert some new types and shapes. It would also be nice to be able to choose color.

Also, i dont understand why cars arent tradable. I allready have a yalm on both my chars. What if i loot one more? I could either give it to a guildmate or sell it for a nice profit but now i have to either leave a 4.5 million piece of equipen in a chest or loot it and put it in the bank.

also notice that in the description of kodiaks it says 'available in many different shapes and colors.' Oh, you mean beige dildo?

A few ideas:

The hoverbike is a must! Come on, for inspiration take a look at the hoverbike in Tribes 2, that was amazing. Something where you actually see your character!

I like the idea of wings, but perhaps it could be changed into a Buzz lightyear sort of jet pack, with wings attached. Quantom Wings with actual wings! wow!

Perhaps i am missing something here, but why are vehicles NODROP? IS there some reason? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Killahsin, ever the optimist, explained the reasoning behind making vehicles nodrop to me once :
    He said something like, they didn't want to be able to be looted in pvp. I have no idea :/

Mmmh... Yalmaha are no drop to be a money sink. Want one ? Buy one. You can mission it too but you gotta be lucky or a mission addict.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I believe they made them NODROP because of a past duping exploit with them. So instead of really fixing the exploit, they just made them NODROP so you would have no reason to dupe them.

I want to be able to trade them. Not just yalms, but ALL vehicles. I found a hovercraft today in a mission (water vehicle), and its completely worthless to me because I already have a yalm. Air vehicles complete override water ones. It'd be nice if I could sell it, even if it was just to a shop.

When I first saw the AO intro I thought you could be able to fly those massive warships....You see the models of them around the city, but you can't do anything with them. It'd be really, really fun to be able to use them at some point in the game, or to go stomping around in your own Goliath-class Juggernaut!! What I'm looking for is vehicles used for battle, not travel. It would add a whole new side to the game! How hard would it be to implement fighting vehicles?
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

Exclamation

Heres an idea for vehicle customization....
    What if the color of the vehicle depended on the color of the armor you were wearing. THis could also be extened to the morphs as well. I say this mostly cuz I really want to be a giant organic armor colored wolf.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    We need Tanks ~ and I'm not talking about the obsolete piece of chest armor here.

There is one in the game, i looted it in a mission, but its omni only and the name was something like: "Omni tank gun", not sure but it is in the game, but ql 200 is useless to me, the reqs are insane.
    NT phone HOME!!

what did you do with it garzu? it sounds interesting, was it a gun or a vehicle?

IMHO Vehicle Models should be solid, allowing transportation of other characters, i can see people giving yalmaha rides to lower levels for credits. Also, Here is a short list of things that im wondering

1. Mids should be useable indoors, if the buff concealment and you cant use weapons in them, whats the point of them? i think it would be a great method for missions, and you shouldn't be seen on the automap, i think that if they are used for spying, we should be able to spy without people targeting us.

2. Carrier crafts should transport multiple people inside, and buff ACs by ALOT! if im attacked by a leet in a carrier craft, how is that thing gonna bite through tons of solid steel?

3. Add some bonus to using Hydro-Vehicals, right now they arent worth spending the IP but if they did something cool, like mission areas out in water, and they went faster than yalmahas, they might be seen more often.

4. Make spray shops, if you could get a shiny black yalamaha or a nice silver/blue kodiak, it would add creativity and individuality.

5. Add many many more models, i know of OMNI Gun ships, Yalamahas, Kodiaks, The MID, Hydro-Vehicles and carrier crafts. If there were maybe, as listed earlier, motorcycles and stuff like that, it would rock. Also, change the icon for carrier crafts, it looks like the non achievable vehicle that parked in omni trade.

6. Change the camera view for yalmahas so its looking out the window, maybe add a gui for vehicles too.

7. Make vehicle battles possible, i think it would kick booty if we could sneak into some black market trade in stret river and in our gunships, destroy them and all they stand for =].

Thanks for listening to my rants, and if any of these changes take place, halleluj00rz.

Cool I just got a Yalmaha and I stiil yearn.

Don't get me wrong I love the Yalmaha. Getting to and from missions its great at 187 IP, its the skill I'll always have.
    If I wanted to see changes in a flying vehicle I would have to give this list:
    Banked turns
    Barrel Rolls
    Loop da Loop
    Acceleration/Deceleration
    Hat View
    Altimeter
    I wanna be able to really maneuver around like a Harrier Jumpjet.
    Basically I guess, add Joystick features to the game. Theres some really good sticks out there.
    While I'm at it I'll also say weapons. The first idea I got while I was landing for the first time was the possibility of a strafe.
    Weapons really seem like the thing in the future of the game. You can't limit the future of Rubi-Ka to ground warfare only. Death from above.:}

If I think of anything else I'll come back and edit.

CABS I'd play a cabbie
    Hoverboards

I've seen that Star Wars is comming out with their own MMORPG.
    You can bet that when this happens they will have joysticks, lots of vehicles and space.
    Just thought I would let you know what your competition is doing.
    Last edited by Grimmtooth; Jan 12th, 2002 at 20:10:41.

I think the problem they see in vehicle weapons would be that the people in the expensive cars with guns would have an advantage - they could kill melee people from in the air without the melee people being able to fight back. I'm thinking, light sabers + laser blasts from a car = the solution

EDIT: in my paranoid delusions, I forgot to add my bit about the solid cars: cars definitely should be solid, rather than just like people (you can walk thru them etc.). That would mean the ability to have people on top of you in the air, on the ground, whatever and, with carrier craft: you could have the carrier craft in a Tribes style, with the seats that automatically seat a person who tries to go on. But with this, it could open a window to the driver of the car: 'so and so wants to get on. Allow him? yes/no' and maybe even show a trade window or something. Or even the large moving carrier craft could be like mobile apartments; with doors on the sides, and windows and everything.
    Last edited by Gil-the-Arm; Jan 3rd, 2002 at 03:00:22.

It is called : "Omni-Tek Gunship" QL 200 reqs are Veichle ground 950 and ranged energy 650. It is a veichle. It is very slow, and the dmg isnt to high but the description says it causes you to do an extra attack. The description also says it is very secret, and should not be used until Omni is about to fall for the Clans, guess its time to use it...

gives lower runspeed, but some bonuses to ac too.
    NT phone HOME!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast