Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Acting CEO assigned

Having had time to think this over i agree it is a positive step. Firstly Omni-tek needs a leader and as Phillip Ross is currently in critical condition someone must be appointed in his stead; a headless corporation is weak and vunerable.

Also, we must face the fact we are at war with an invading force that seems uncompromisingly hostile-the aliens are highly intelligent and technologically advanced yet they have made no attempts at communication, made no call for terms or parlay.

Thirdly our leader was taken down by as-yet unknown agencies. In this climate a strong, military leader is far from a bad thing, it sends a clear message to all our enemies that force will be met with force.

Despite my personal reservations about Unicorn company they have proven to be an indomitable force against the aliens, and their open invitation to all sides to assist in pushing back the Alien beachead in the outzones shows that, in the right circumstances they can apply the old axiom of my enemy's enemy is my friend and work with clan citizens against a greater threat.

No, this is not an ideal situation, but how often do we find things going according to plan on Rubi-ka?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

All hail Tarkhan Zora! Hail!

(me hides)
    A murder of grims for all occasions.
    Neutral chars: grimstad 220.21 shade/ brothergrim 215.23 doc/ grimgriminy 217.17 crat
    Account closed

Time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal.

Well, f**k them. Make it personal.

Unicorns are soliders that only belive in one thing we need a leader not a fighter.
    Freshman Wranger - Setup
    Level 208
    Alien Level 10

One Of The Very Few Soloing Traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    Reguardless of if it was a plan put in place by the Unicorns or they simply took advantage fo the incident is a moot point now, they are in charge.
    As far as i have notiched then the pony company have been in charge ever since they shot their way trough Omni-1 HQ, and abducted Ross.

All in all then this move does not change muh about the growing aggression by the company lapdogs, now its just official.

Hmm... better go buy some more treatment kits....
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eigen
    Maybe I'll be seeing quite a few new clan applicants running the streets of West Athens soon.
    Yeah, that does indeed sound plausible. However, like I said before, I have no doubts that the Unicorns will go where they please with very little regard to being peaceful..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    All those who believes this will place the Omni Tek Rubi Ka under Unicorn command have no idea what so ever how a corporation works.
    That is something that you have no basis for saying, as you have no knowledge of people's education, previous occupation off-planet or acquaintances on-planet.
    Be that as it may, I have quite a bit of knowledge of how military units like the Unicorns operate and I strongly suspect that you're about to learn about that as well - and you'll not necessarily enjoy the lessons..
    Quote Originally Posted by Neista
    Having had time to think this over i agree it is a positive step. Firstly Omni-tek needs a leader and as Phillip Ross is currently in critical condition someone must be appointed in his stead; a headless corporation is weak and vunerable.

Also, we must face the fact we are at war with an invading force that seems uncompromisingly hostile-the aliens are highly intelligent and technologically advanced yet they have made no attempts at communication, made no call for terms or parlay.

Thirdly our leader was taken down by as-yet unknown agencies. In this climate a strong, military leader is far from a bad thing, it sends a clear message to all our enemies that force will be met with force.

Despite my personal reservations about Unicorn company they have proven to be an indomitable force against the aliens, and their open invitation to all sides to assist in pushing back the Alien beachead in the outzones shows that, in the right circumstances they can apply the old axiom of my enemy's enemy is my friend and work with clan citizens against a greater threat.

No, this is not an ideal situation, but how often do we find things going according to plan on Rubi-ka?
    Hmm.. yes, OT without a leader is indeed a dangerous thing. For the whole of Rubi-Ka, I mean.
    Yes, we're fighting for our very existance here and we need to band together to better keep Rubi-Ka free of those alien pests - and the Unicorns have suggested that we do just that.

However. (There had to be a disclaimer, didn't there )
    However, it is not at all certain that the best response to force is force, yet the Unicorns have a severe preference for the use of deadly force. This is inherent in all such units and they're darned good at it..
    Make no mistake, the Unicorns are highly trained, well equipped and extremely motivated and so they're a difficult opponent at best. But will they step down willingly when the time comes? And what if they don't?
    You see, a ferocious dog on a leash can be a formidable weapon - but how do you put the leash back on, after it's done it's job?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Welcome to Rubi-Ka...

The next few weeks of transition could get very intersting...
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Talan spits out the remains of his cigar on the ground

This is bad, very bad. Last thing we need is those stormtroppers running the show. I'm personally making plans to stock up on as much ammo as I can carry and heading out to deep into the Shadowlands were even the Unicorns can't reach me.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Talan
    Talan spits out the remains of his cigar on the ground

This is bad, very bad. Last thing we need is those stormtroppers running the show. I'm personally making plans to stock up on as much ammo as I can carry and heading out to deep into the Shadowlands were even the Unicorns can't reach me.
    Darnit...and I was planning to get as much ammo and armour I can carry to go stand guard in the towns...I thougth you'd be with me on that...

[ ]
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Emotion: Disgusted - Omni Prime.. friend or foe?

I think we should have some power to decide which CEO we want... Yes we do need a leader, but the Unicorn Company?? All they do is fight... I doubt they truly "care" about the people of Omni-Tek... from the abduction of Mr. Ross - shows to me that Omni-Prime is not our friend.. not close.. They need to be under the CEO's power.. Phillip Ross, NOT do whatever they want when they feel like it... *gathers ammo and bombs* It is time we not let Omni-Prime control what us Proud Omni-Tek Citizens want.. Time to unite even through all the problems that are going on - and show Omni-Prime who's boss... they have all their fancy technology.. but our skills combined can overcome anything! Omni-Prime is not Omni-Tek... they are taking advantage of this opportunity.., I hope Ross will get a fast recovery, if not.. it's time we make our own decision and fight the power! ... I remember the time at the abduction.. the representatives/guards were NOT at all our friends, but enemies.. It is now YOUR decision to make of whether 'Is Omni-Prime' Friend or Foe?...
    Neophyte Master Chacapo Baiter - 220 Trader
    Phattest Trader there is!

One of the first Traders to ever behold Nanobot Gimpfense

Tarkhan Zora was appointed to the position of CEO just as Phillip Ross was appointed to the post when he was made CEO.

To those of who who think that we should have gotten some say into who was placed in charge of Omni-Tek RK, what do you think this is? A democrocy? We all are corperate employes, if you wish to make your displeasure know you have two options, sell your stock options or buy enough stock so that you will be included at the share holders meetings.

Given the current planetary situation it should be no suprise that a CEO was appointed that has a strong background in combat. We have aliens attacking nearly unhindred and "rogue" clans using the confusion of that attempt on Mr. Rosses life as an excuse to increase attacks upon Omni-Tek citizens.

This is an example of what happens when people ignore the velvet glove that they are presented with, it is removed to show the iron fist it covered.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Expected Omni policy.

Diplomacy=0%
    Black-Ops=70%
    Full aggressive retaliation=30%

There goes the neighbourhood...

Maybe its time to take an extended vacation somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    Expected Omni policy.

Diplomacy=0%
    Black-Ops=70%
    Full aggressive retaliation=30%

There goes the neighbourhood...

Maybe its time to take an extended vacation somewhere else.
    That may be so, but is it really that different from the overall Clan approach?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Chacapo
    I think we should have some power to decide which CEO we want... Yes we do need a leader, but the Unicorn Company?? All they do is fight... I doubt they truly "care" about the people of Omni-Tek... from the abduction of Mr. Ross - shows to me that Omni-Prime is not our friend.. not close.. They need to be under the CEO's power.. Phillip Ross, NOT do whatever they want when they feel like it... *gathers ammo and bombs* It is time we not let Omni-Prime control what us Proud Omni-Tek Citizens want.. Time to unite even through all the problems that are going on - and show Omni-Prime who's boss... they have all their fancy technology.. but our skills combined can overcome anything! Omni-Prime is not Omni-Tek... they are taking advantage of this opportunity.., I hope Ross will get a fast recovery, if not.. it's time we make our own decision and fight the power! ... I remember the time at the abduction.. the representatives/guards were NOT at all our friends, but enemies.. It is now YOUR decision to make of whether 'Is Omni-Prime' Friend or Foe?...
    *bursts out in laughter*

You'd make an excelent Clanner!

Omni-Prime are the leaders of Omni-Tek. It's the HQ of HQ's.
    Since when has any Omni-Tek employee been allowed to choose their CEO?
    Since when has Omni-Tek truely "cared" about their employees?
    Theyve always done what they felt like doing.
    Omni-Prime has always lead Omni-Tek and so they have always controlled you.
    You cant show them whos boss because they are your boss. Even Ross took direct orders from Omni-Prime.
    Being an enemy of Omni-Prime means being an enemy of Omni-Tek. Period.
    You can fight Omni-Prime (Omni-Tek). Join the Clans...

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    And thus a Clanner is born...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Chacapo
    My friend, words like these are going to earn you a trip to omni-reform if you keep voicing them. Your understanding of the workings of omni-tek and omni prime are woefully inadequate, besides now is a time for unity against an outside threat, divided we and all Rubi-ka fall.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

From Legaron....
    *bursts out in laughter*

You'd make an excelent Clanner!

Omni-Prime are the leaders of Omni-Tek. It's the HQ of HQ's.
    Since when has any Omni-Tek employee been allowed to choose their CEO?
    Since when has Omni-Tek truely "cared" about their employees?
    Theyve always done what they felt like doing.
    Omni-Prime has always lead Omni-Tek and so they have always controlled you.
    You cant show them whos boss because they are your boss. Even Ross took direct orders from Omni-Prime.
    Being an enemy of Omni-Prime means being an enemy of Omni-Tek. Period.
    You can fight Omni-Prime (Omni-Tek). Join the Clans...
    A clanner! How dare you say that... But I guess I have to live with the fact that Omni-Tek/Omni-Prime is a dictatorship to which I must loyally serve... *thinks* I think that's all, but in words of this new CEO.. I am unsure how well this all will go.. and as Wranger said, I agree we need a leader.. not a fighter..
    Neophyte Master Chacapo Baiter - 220 Trader
    Phattest Trader there is!

One of the first Traders to ever behold Nanobot Gimpfense

Chacapo, as has been said before: be very careful what you say and when/where you say it.
    We need all the people we can get to try and bring on a peace between our factions - even though it seems to be an impossible task. It will benefit noone if you go visit with Omni-Reform and, as far as I have heard, their holiday camps are way overrated anyway.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well,wich employees in wich companies get to decide who theyre next CEO can be? Please dont try and mock Omni Tek because its not a Democrasy. Everyone shoul be perfectly clear that it is not... Its a company and it will choose the best possible CEO, ofcourse.

And Legaron, you are dangerously incompetent when talking about how the corporation treat its employees. Infact, I believe you have no idea whatsoever. But you are producing some rather nifty "trashtalk". I hope we dont stoop to that level so easily.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefan
    And Legaron, you are dangerously incompetent when talking about how the corporation treat its employees. Infact, I believe you have no idea whatsoever. But you are producing some rather nifty "trashtalk". I hope we dont stoop to that level so easily.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. "I just call 'em how I see 'em."

Reading over what Chacapo had to say, I only stated all the things that were wrong about his sayings. My point being was to tell him that nor he or any of the other employees of Omni-Tek (or any other coorporation) have any say in anything. The orders come from Omni-Prime, and thats final.
    Ok if you are offended I'll just grab an eraser and rub out "Since when has Omni-Tek really 'cared' about their employees."
    Hows that?
    Less trashtalk?
    I'm sorry, but read over that post again and you might find it as amusing as I did.
    Maybe then you'll find that some of your fellow co-workers are more incompitent about the coorporations workings than I am.

Keeper of Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    That may be so, but is it really that different from the overall Clan approach?

Savoy
    *sigh* whatever.. I've done nothing but advocate diplomatic solutions from day 1 and I'm a clanner...

you know what... I don't really care anymore.. have fun with Unicorn leadership..

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnghal
    *sigh* whatever.. I've done nothing but advocate diplomatic solutions from day 1 and I'm a clanner...

you know what... I don't really care anymore.. have fun with Unicorn leadership..
    You were most certainly not advocating a diplomatic solution in your post. It was just another cheap shot at Omni-Tek, another example of Clan playing the victim card.

We are never going to solve this mess if both don't accept equal responsibilty for the state things are in.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast