Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Press Release: Acting CEO assigned

Omni-Tek Press Release: Acting CEO assigned

From The Offices of Omni-HQ

Omni-Tek Press Release

For immediate distribution to all authorised grid channels

Subject: Acting CEO assigned to administer Rubi-Ka holdings

Due to the on-going illness being suffered by Omni-Tek CEO on Rubi-Ka, Philip Ross, the Omni-Tek board of Directors has today issued an order that takes immediate effect, placing Tarkhan Zora in senior command of the company’s interests on Rubi-Ka.

Given the situation on Rubi-Ka the board considered Zora’s background and experience to be vital to making the tough decisions necessary to protect the companies interests in these troubled times.

Tarkhan Zora has been the Unicorn security advisor to the Omni-Prime board of Directors for the past two years and has served on Rubi-Ka on several occasions during his lengthy and distinguished career.

Tarkhan Zora will assume immediate command of all Omni-Tek departments. There will be no changes to the serving Rubi-Ka board and all department heads will continue in their duties in order to minimise the upheaval during these very difficult days.

Zora has also been given two additional mandates that also take immediate effect. Firstly as an experienced Unicorn commander Omni Prime would like to reassure citizens that riding Rubi-Ka of the Alien threat will be the new CEOs primary objective during his interim tenure.

Secondly the board are authorising the use of Marshall law directives A32X1 to A32X7c so that Unicorn agents can also be deployed to join the existing Omni-Pol investigation in order to track down and prosecute those responsible for the assassination attempt on Mr Ross.

Now we know who will be in charge during the intern while we await the final status of Mr. Ross.

Things are about to get interesting.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Oh goodness... We're in for it now.

Am I the only one concerned by this news? While I understand that Omni-Tek needs leadership while Ross's condition is still in the air, appointing a high ranking official of the Unicorn Company doesn't sit well with me, at all.

While Philip Ross was in charge of Rubi Ka, Omni citizens were able to move freely without fear of being detained or having to stop at numerous security checkpoints. Now, Mr. Zora is planning to declare martial law. Under his authority, ALL Citizens of RK will likely be treated as potential suspects.

Considering that we still haven't discovered the identity of the assailant, or assailants, responsible for the attack on Ross, and considering that rumors have floated around that the Unicorn Company may have been complicit with the assasination attempt, either by pulling the trigger themselves or simply by allowing their security to be breached by the sniper(s), I cannot fully support this new exchange of power.

I can only pray for Mr. Ross's rapid recovery.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Keep in mind all that the unicorns do and then consider what to say and what not to say.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Oh bummer...

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    ..... authorising the use of Marshall law directives A32X1 to A32X7c....
    Anyone know what is covered by those directives and what effect it will have on other departments?

*shivers, packing a bag while listening to the second part of those mandates...* ....here's hoping a good 'vacation'. Wish me luck.

*tosses the comm on the bed, leaving*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

This is going to be interesting. Especially internal affairs.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Wow a very interesting turn of events . This will turn things up a little.

*Neista blinks and stares at her screen as if trying to will the words away, silently she mouths 'Unicorn company' and shivers*
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

One thing is for certian, it is a good thing that I had that bullet fragment removed from my brain and my implant replaced, I will not have time for sudden blackouts from this point on.

And people called me delusional when I warned them that the Ross-assasination attempt was only a ploy, which would put the Unicorns into a position of even more power.

BAH! I guess there is truth in the old truism that Humanity is blind and oblivious to things that are as clear as day, and obvious.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Reguardless of if it was a plan put in place by the Unicorns or they simply took advantage fo the incident is a moot point now, they are in charge.

*Slowly scrolls through the message again*

Hehe, somebody is sure turning up the heat here.. martial law and Unicorns all over..

Ok, I've had the chance to speak to newcomers that have encountered the Unicorns upon their arrival here on Rubi-Ka.
    They've told me that they're a bunch of singleminded dudes and dudettes, very well trained, highly motivated and highly focused on clearing the attacking aliens out of the arrival station, regardless of their own losses.. in this respect they're like all OT troops, trying to take as much of the damage themselves as possible while protecting the innocent as best they can.

What is going to be interesting is that OT is obviously upgrading both the fight against the aliens and the search for the assassin(s) - and likely as not the fight against us clanners too.
    I'm afraid that we'll see a lot more incursions into clan territory from now on - and it'll be quite a lot harsher treatment for anyone unfortunate enough to be captured by the Unicorns, I think.
    This is not a step closer to peace. It is not even a step closer to a united fight against the aliens, which we need.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

/Looking with shock on the comm, as I sit in the Newland Cafè, and mutters
    'As I feared. '
    /I give a sight and my hands tremble as I put the comm down on the table

/Minutes pass as I contemplate the recent turn of events

'The Unicorns in charge of omni? I hope Ross recovers quickly.'
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Secondly the board are authorising the use of Marshall law directives A32X1 to A32X7c so that Unicorn agents can also be deployed to join the existing Omni-Pol investigation in order to track down and prosecute those responsible for the assassination attempt on Mr Ross.
    Since I've seen some of these agents in action, I have to say bad times are ahead.

This is an excellent decision and Tarkhan Zora will have our full support in his future work.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Being as it is, who will be there to control the controller now? Marshall law? Pah. Maybe I'll be seeing quite a few new clan applicants running the streets of West Athens soon.

Convenient that an agenda against aliens would be set as a primary objective. This does allow the release on holds against marshal law, affirming suspition that this new 'temporary' CEO will establish a punitive dictatorship?

You know, these events really don't sound as tragic as they are made to be. Where's the Unicorn party going to be tonight?
    Eigen (215/11 Bureaucrat) Aspilian (174/16 Enforcer)
    Chocolate (135/7 Engineer) Masataka (76/8 Agent)

Eigen: Regidoc is good with her fingers huh..?
    Veldron: Very.

Vallikat: who is surprised by that?
    Veldron: How do you think she got leadership of VE away from me?

Veldron coughs
    Vallikat laughs
    Kirasha: She came over when you were passed out at your desk and took it.

This is glorious news. All those who believes this will place the Omni Tek Rubi Ka under Unicorn command have no idea what so ever how a corporation works.

I am most happy with this choice of actions.

Congratulations.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast