Thread: Org Managment

Angry Org Managment

I feel the need to say how badly org managment is. I have seen more control in much simpler games, its really saddening to see such little effort put into such a vital part of AO, its Orgs.

A few suggestions off the top of my head are:

1) The ability to Change an org members "rank" wether or not they are online, offline, standing next to me or on the other side of Rubi-Ka.

To many times people start out and even play for quite awhile with a wonderful attitude and are extreamly active. Players like this often make it to "Advisor" (in my current govt type) rank in the org. Sadly, as happens to often, players get busy with real life, loose interest, get a job, get married, move, get abducted by aliens or are just never seen again for vast amounts of time. Considering how well liked and respected these people maybe in the org, if I wish to appoint a new advisor (since there is a limit of 10) I have to KICK OUT my former MIA advisor. This is something I do not want to do, do not enjoy doing and something quite frankly that should not have to be done. If I could simply reduce that persons ranka notch or two, I could very easily raise someone elses to take over that advisor slot. This does not only affect those 10 players in EVERY republic org (not sure how many in every other type), but it affects Everyone in the org and its not fair to all those players in all those orgs.

2) "Last On" dates!!!! Please!! Put a date into the players info showing the last time they were online! And in addition, an org based command such as /org laston that will popup a list of the entire org and show at least the names and "last on" date of each player!!

Until you run an org and have around 250 characters enrolled, you really don't realize just how nice it would be to know who is active and who is not. Even with the limited updating of AO's info on each player/org, to know if someone has been on in the last 3 days or the last 3 MONTHS would be SO nice. It would be very nice to be able to "clean house" and kick out the extreamly inactive players who must have moved on into some other direction in their lives. Currently if you want to do that, you need to disband the org or make a script to kick just about everyone out and have any active players who wonder why they arn't enrolled request to rejoin your org. This is really a bit extreame when the info is already somewhere in AO's database and just needs to be made available.

3) The ability to have a "Co-leader" position. This person gets all the same privs as the leader, except being able to kick the leader out. They can set advisor's ranks, kick people out, enroll people, set the orgs info and anything else I missed.

How many orgs leaders get busy? I know I do. It would be such a treat to be able to delegate some tasks or take a vacation without having to worry that my advisors will need to be replaced or changed or someone is causing extreme trouble and noone was around to remove them. A "Co-Leader" (or Vice Pres.) would go a long way to making these issues no longer a problem.

Well thats it for now, I hope these ideas can be put to use, as I am sure I am not the only one affected by these issues and most defintly not the only one who would enjoy seeing them put into effect.

Nuube - Omni-Tek Assassins

All excellent ideas that would make running an org a lot easier. Especially the ability to alter the ranks of people who're not online and the "vice president" role.
    Joshua "Tenzian" Danczak