Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sentinels... Good? Bad? Or just plain Tactless?

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Jacobi and Old Athens is indeed same case as Simon and Tir. Only Jacobi seems more PR concius and don't go around treathening and shooting people.
    And these 2 situations are nothing alike. Silverstone trampled into Tir killing the ICC guards and desecrating the Tower of Truth by spilling blood inside. I didnt see Jacobi burst in with guns blaring, with no thought of who he was killing or why.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Jul 7th, 2005 at 18:59:47.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    well well...

Drgrimmy,

To answer the question completely, i'd have to find the two or three true neutrals left on the planet and discuss that with them. Most "neutrals" don't fall into that category because you are sided, without the gumption to stand up and be counted with them.
    again..nice sidestepping the question...Seem's you don't even know the answer to the issuse your defending.
    I have helped neutral's on many occasions in recent history....I've killed alot in my past history......time's change.
    There has been more then a few neutal's then I have been happy to team with and heal...I have NO problem Standing with them...you assume to know where i stand but still can't tell me with any certinty...why they get shot in Tir....is there truly NO reason for there deaths?

edit:/ooc you know as well as i do there is no neutral app..i have gumption..but there is no game mech in place togo neutral even if i wanted to w/ a few rp alts
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Jul 7th, 2005 at 20:08:35.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    And these 2 situations are nothing alike. Silverstone trampled into Tir killing the ICC guards and desecrating the Tower of Truth by spilling blood inside. I didnt see Jacobi burst in with guns blaring, with no thought of who he was killing or why.
    I didn't see Simon burst anywhere either. But seeing something is beside point. I never claimed Jacobi took over Old Athens with any body count. But he just moved in. It was nice move and surely profitable one....I wish I'd came to such idea myself. It's difference in styles with those two leaders, but neither have any legal claim to run those cities.

Cities must have someone in charge. Someone to do bureaucracy, to repair severs and maintain eletrical wireing, and since we're at war, to guard it. We judge people in charge by the results and since we're all human, by their presentation too. Old Athen is thriving and Tir on other hand is ghost town. Jacobi shoots and treathens only those from other side of camp or if he and his guards are under attack. Simon is bit less picky about targets to shot or direct treaths at.

So results and mannerism are different. So why wonder if one is accepted and other rejected? Humans are adaptable creatures, yet w all have our trashold. Those descendants of first rebels or even newcomers who joined for common goal share same common cause. Not to be mistreated. Does it really matter who the opresor is?

To Astera
    It's easy to argue if you tailor the facts to suit your needs. Just don't expect people will let them pass unchallenged .
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

( fellow Sentinel Supporters who insist on butting into every topic to personally attack others whom have a different view than you... show lack of any vision or foresight and constantly take the topics off their destined course..)

well lets take a step back here and remember what the original post was aimed at buy xuan. It appears that from the way this thread has developed that we are not the only ones that are who are happy to attack others for haveing a different view. The last 2 pages or so have been hijacked by the good old " why cant the neuts enter tir" brigade, cmon really, i'm sure that's not the sentinals only crime or is it ?, surely u's can come up with better. i've stated my views, but at the end of the day, a pointless argument. so once again xuan, your original attack has proved wrong. Evereyone is guilty of it.

Leftenat Steelyglint

General of The Black Company

[if xaun wasn't in a comma she would respond to that..]

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint

well lets take a step back here and remember what the original post was aimed at buy xuan. It appears that from the way this thread has developed that we are not the only ones that are who are happy to attack others for haveing a different view. The last 2 pages or so have been hijacked by the good old " why cant the neuts enter tir" brigade, cmon really, i'm sure that's not the sentinals only crime or is it ?, surely u's can come up with better. i've stated my views, but at the end of the day, a pointless argument. so once again xuan, your original attack has proved wrong. Evereyone is guilty of it.

Leftenat Steelyglint

yet another side step from another clanner...i'm starting to see a pattern here......I'm asking a simple question..not a hard one...a question that is at the very base of this issue..not takeing it off couse......It's the reason it's an issue in the first place....and this is the first thread i have commented in on this topic.

So once again....

Why do you shoot neuts?.....i don't really expact an answer..
    i'm starting to think clanner's really are brainwashed
    or did the "opressed" suddenly become the "oppressor's"...your own people don't know why they shoot neutrals...hope your form of democracy works for you.

WTS omni apps>

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy
    yet another side step from another clanner...i'm starting to see a pattern here......I'm asking a simple question..not a hard one...a question that is at the very base of this issue..not takeing it off couse......It's the reason it's an issue in the first place....and this is the first thread i have commented in on this topic.

or did the "opressed" suddenly become the "oppressor's"...your own people don't know why they shoot neutrals...hope your form of democracy works for you.

WTS omni apps>
    To answer someone with the apparent IQ of a tadpole.. I allready answered several times in my posts why these pests should be shot on sight. There's no reason why other Sentinel supporters should repeat those words for simepletons like yourself as you should have the solitus capability to look up the answers yourself.
    Brainwashed? Hah.. Just march on back to Omni Ent with you and leave this to the people it concerns, in Omni Ent you might learn more of your petty propaganada.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    No he just got his socalled guards to patrol in waste parts of the city so savage neutrals and omni tek personal can run wild in the city with no care so he can earn more credits.
    Last edited by Escritores; Jul 8th, 2005 at 00:21:39.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

you know... i've answered it twice already.

but here it is again...expressed differently.

Neutrals are almost more dangerous than Omni Tek. There are X amount of thousands of individuals that could suddenly be for you or against you. I take more of an alarmist stance here. When you pick a side, when you make your decision to stop hiding on the fence and finally support the side you like, then we'll be a lot happier. Neutrals are a variable that can help or hurt. Right now, there are those that take my stance and see the indifferent ...for lack of a better phrase... BS for what it is. A way to make money and gain power without picking a side. It's deceitful at best.

When the tide turns, Neutrals will pick a side...to save their own skins or be killed with the rest of us. I don't know if you realize it or not, there are as many Omnis that hate neuts as Sentinels..they're just less vocal about it. I honestly don't care one way or another. You're either for us or against us. I hope that answers your questions. I'm sorry, but with so many factions taking action against the clans, theres nothing anywhere to make me see otherwise.

And Ben...

tomato, tomatoe (?)...you're either for or against war. Beyond that, our (please note the "our") personal feelings are trivial.

Neutrals are almost more dangerous than Omni Tek. There are X amount of thousands of individuals that could suddenly be for you or against you. I take more of an alarmist stance here. When you pick a side, when you make your decision to stop hiding on the fence and finally support the side you like, then we'll be a lot happier. Neutrals are a variable that can help or hurt. Right now, there are those that take my stance and see the indifferent ...for lack of a better phrase... BS for what it is. A way to make money and gain power without picking a side. It's deceitful at best.

When the tide turns, Neutrals will pick a side...to save their own skins or be killed with the rest of us. I don't know if you realize it or not, there are as many Omnis that hate neuts as Sentinels..they're just less vocal about it. I honestly don't care one way or another. You're either for us or against us. I hope that answers your questions. I'm sorry, but with so many factions taking action against the clans, theres nothing anywhere to make me see otherwise.

All this from someone who just 12 months ago signed all her messages with "-Sentinel Supporter -and- Neut Friendly". Ironic no?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You aware that probably 90% (if not more) of the people in the universe are not Omni or Clan? That adds a lot of people to your list of enemies.....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Times change Savoy. You witnessed a personal evolution.

While First Light is my second home, I was extremely torn by devotion to Lyricia and my personal feelings. I lost part of myself when I left First light...and for that you have The Black Company. Lets not let past cloud the present though. ...it's a waste of precious time.

Cathern,

90% or more of the people in the universe do not know I exist. ...i'm trying to keep that equal.
    Last edited by Astera; Jul 8th, 2005 at 04:11:01.

Personal evolution? Let's call it by it's real name... you EMBRACED THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!

( Sorry, I could not resist )
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

sorry to dissapoint you drgrimmy, but it wasnt a side step, it was ment as a moment of reflection, a pause for breath in the argument so to speak. and as i said, i stated my view earlier, and feel no need to repeat them. and for those who fail to understand the reasoning behind keeping neuts out of tir, and it's a kinda funny really, as we The officers of The Black Company sat haveing our officers meeting, an announcement was made over the comms that a neut guild had attacked a clan mineing facility and captured it., what a very unneutral thing to do. so yarko, you had better go find the guild responsible and pull their ears. so if your guilds are happy to attack clan towers, what havok could they possibly cause in tir.

Leftenant Steelyglint

Last edited by steelyglint; Jul 8th, 2005 at 09:59:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores
    To answer someone with the apparent IQ of a tadpole.. I allready answered several times in my posts why these pests should be shot on sight. There's no reason why other Sentinel supporters should repeat those words for simepletons like yourself as you should have the solitus capability to look up the answers yourself.

Guess ignorence truly is bliss......
    If you truly think i'm a simpilton that's your point of veiw..ignorence seems to breed from the sentinals...along with paranoia...and have we sunk down to name calling now?...tsk tsk...But i guess with you shooting all the educated people it's tobe expected.

I just hope other clan's have abit more common sence then to shoot possable allies and sources of income down befor they even explore the possabliltys.
    Progress in the clan's is possable...just look at athens it's a boomtown w/ happy clanner's liveing there..what does Tir have but 1 single tower that was defiled....and a bunch of guards w/ blood on there hands

There's plenty of people who lives in Tir. I do as well, and I love it there myself. There are traders and other merchants who prefer to use Tir as their base to escape the neverending fuss they have to endure in Old Athen. There are people partying and enjoying the nightlife in Tir, and the Happy Rebel seems to do well for itself. There are personal combat training fights in Tir, both street fighting and arena bousts. There are many who use the shops in the city as base of building. Don't think I've ever sat alone in the shop there. There are global shopping terminals, two gridpoints, veteran citizen booth and whompahs, and they are all used frequently throughout the day. And then let's not forget that the Council of Truth chooses to come to session in Tir each month.

Try to do better research next time you declare city life completely null and void, hm?

So once again....

WTS omni apps>
    Dont make any mistakes here buddy. Were not the ones shooting neutrals so if you want the question answered go ask Simon, I'm sure hed be glad to tell ya.
    I would advise you to spend some money and get an insurance ofcourse but hey...
    Picture it like this...
    OT has just done something horrific to its own employees and some people protest...others just dont give a damn and continiue their work.
    This is where we're at right now with the Sentinels vs Neutrals case.
    *Looks around*
    Anyone filed a vote yet?
    Hmm...Seems to me none of the Clans give a damn enough...Now thats democracy for ya.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Guess ignorence truly is bliss......
    If you truly think i'm a simpilton that's your point of veiw..ignorence seems to breed from the sentinals...along with paranoia...and have we sunk down to name calling now?...tsk tsk...But i guess with you shooting all the educated people it's tobe expected.

I just hope other clan's have abit more common sence then to shoot possable allies and sources of income down befor they even explore the possabliltys.
    Progress in the clan's is possable...just look at athens it's a boomtown w/ happy clanner's liveing there..what does Tir have but 1 single tower that was defiled....and a bunch of guards w/ blood on there hands
    Hahahaha

Have you been to Omni-1 Entertainment recently?
    Its like 5 times the size of Tir and theres like 5 times as less people walking around.
    And talk about guards with blood on their hands...You might wanna check the armor of the Unicorns for bloodspots...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Oh yes shooting them on sight sure encourages people to embrace your views. How is it I didn't come to the conclusion myself? I'd shoot an Unionist or ten.
    What's next step?
    Torture neutrals?
    Then what? Shoot on sight people that think differently from the Sentinels within the Clans?

This silly war against the Omni-Tek is useless at best, and suicidal at a time when aliens menace all lifeform on this planet.
    Waging war against the neutrals that don't even have a thing to do with the conflict that opposes us to the Omni-Tek is utter madness.
    Those that barbarously slaughter or encourage the slaughtering of neutrals are nothing more than savage murderers and should not claim to belong to the Clans.

This unqualifiable behavior is incompatible with the ideals of freedom we stand for.

Silverstone has no legitimacy being Tir. He imposed himself by force. That, we can try to live with and convince him into going back to one of his bases.
    However his radical ideas about neutrals, his xenophobia, should not be tolerated.

Try as you might to justify his acts, sometimes Silverstone is right but on this one he's very, very wrong.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizz
    Oh yes shooting them on sight sure encourages people to embrace your views. How is it I didn't come to the conclusion myself? I'd shoot an Unionist or ten.
    Apparently it does for good reasons. Or why would Simon get the majority of votes in the COT?

What's next step?
    Torture neutrals?
    If it would lead to less dead clanners by torturing one of these no good omni tek spying pests i see nothing wrong with it...

Then what? Shoot on sight people that think differently from the Sentinels within the Clans?
    Saying that simply shows your lack of knowledge about the Sentinels and again portrays another retarded and failed attempt of slinging mud against them..

This silly war against the Omni-Tek is useless at best, and suicidal at a time when aliens menace all lifeform on this planet.
    Waging war against the neutrals that don't even have a thing to do with the conflict that opposes us to the Omni-Tek is utter madness.
    Those that barbarously slaughter or encourage the slaughtering of neutrals are nothing more than savage murderers and should not claim to belong to the Clans.

This unqualifiable behavior is incompatible with the ideals of freedom we stand for.

Silverstone has no legitimacy being Tir. He imposed himself by force. That, we can try to live with and convince him into going back to one of his bases.
    However his radical ideas about neutrals, his xenophobia, should not be tolerated.

Try as you might to justify his acts, sometimes Silverstone is right but on this one he's very, very wrong.
    You make me laugh because your so sad.. The war against Omni Tek is useless at best? Last time i checked Clan controlled more notum mines than Omni Tek and we are in crontol of about ½ the terraformed areas, so the war is apparently and obviously not useless, it's simply saddens me to see anyone portray it as such but i guess your fine with being a slave, i can tell you one thing, i'm not..
    When Neutrals engaged themselves in the slaughter of innocent Clanners and our mining facilities.. Saying that these cowards have nothing to do with the conflict is repulsive.
    No need to justify anything as these acts are apparently the only way to keep these cowards out of our streets and cities..
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast