Thread: @@@@ Hey, Coding Morons..... Fix the Death while Zoning bug

@@@@ Hey, Coding Morons..... Fix the Death while Zoning bug

Its been over a year.

This bug has existed that long.

Numerous patches you have said you fixed it.

You haven't.

My wife died *twice* last night to this bug. Both times she zoned out with between 3/4 and FULL health, only to listen to the gunfire or melee hits as her character is killed.

Don't give me this bull**** about "oh, the client and the server were out of sync." First of all, that is your cop out for every bug these days. Guess what: that means your client and server need to poll each other to find out how things are going, and if they are off, prevent severe things like death. And Second, we play from a T1, so it ain't our connection flubbing up..... its yours.

This bug has been around so long and it is one of those real "heart breaker bugs." The kind that are so hideous that they really suck away your desire to play the game.

After quitting once, my wife has been back 3 days now. The death while zoning bug may have ended her return (personally, I hope it hasn't).

To add insult to injury, your policy of never reimbursing people for deaths is really getting ridiculous. I have a screenshot of a bug that killed one of my characters a day or two ago where the ARK said "yeah, that death is due to a known bug that they are working on.... but no, I cannot reimburse you."

Screenshot of that outrageous statement:

http://www.threshold-rpg.com/phalan...ttabejoking.gif

So basically, the message is this:

1) Fix the year old bugs for christ sakes.

2) Reimburse people for known bugs. Does it really hurt you to reimburse xp for crying out loud? Many times, the time people spend waiting for their petition and spending 30 minutes talking to the ARK is close to, or at least half the time it would have taken to get the exp by killing stuff. But at least they don't feel nearly so screwed over by buggy code.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

As far as I know, and I don't really have much knowledge either way, but from what I've heard, I don't think the ARKs have reimburse powers yet. I think they'd have to call in a GM to do that.

Besides, it's almost impossible to verify that you lost what you say you lost, I'd imagine. If they kept detailed logs on every character even back only a half hour or so, their servers would absolutely die under the weight. I know that, even from working with text MUDs.

Have a little patience when working with the ARKs. All of the ones I've met have been very nice and very well spoken, and have tried their best to pursue my problem to aagreeable outcome, even if I don't get what I want, be it a reimbursement or other. They're volunteers, remember? They do this on their play-time, because they love the game and want to help the other players in the game. I've got a lot of respect for them because of that...
    Blackshere - Opifex Agent - 117/2
    Ascorbin - Atrox Keeper - 105/3
    Troxli - Atrox Martial Artist - 101/2