Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GridStream Stands Down

Eeek!

/me runs and jumps onto the Rubi-Ka-Ex truck to retrieve her bagels

I didn't get to say it before...GridStream Productions is truly an awesome guild, but you guys have been working overtime. Take a break- You've more than earned it. Just as long as you promise to come back...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Smile How to say thanks?

I really can't thank you guys enough. Your support is AWEsome, and with this many demands from this many great people, rest assured that GSP won't stay on vacation long.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Whoot glad to hear it Tarryk...

your broadcasts have added a whole new aspect to the game for me and make it a far more immersive place to be....not to mention the discussions and arguements your comments have caused
    Last edited by Slaggermulps; Jul 24th, 2002 at 00:24:54.

Unhappy Another one bites the dust...

Nothing says "AO is dying" like prominent people going away... Oh well... Maybe funcom should stop working on that expansion, and promote AO
    I am woman see me game, you and I are much the same,
    I can roleplay, I can frag, I can PK while you lag
    I can strafe, duck and snipe and NO you're not my type
    This is one shrew you can not tame...
    I am woman... see me game

Wink A shame.

(OOC)

Hi, Im probably gonna lose what little kudos I got, but here goes. Yes we all get burned out, and yes its a shame that they arn't around for a while. But this is happening with 'non-popular' people and guilds all the time.

I'll be honest, Tarryck et al are great DJ's, but I have never really seen eye to eye with them, (mainly due to being unlucky enough to contact some of them when they are busy with DJ'ing or busy with something else. Basically busy all time).

Yes they do use propaganda (spelt wrongly no doubt), and they know that they have that power. Since trying to get into the party GSP scene (just to make friends) I found it so strange that, people who may find these social aspects in RL so annoying end up doing the same in this escapist environment of this game.

I have noticed that there is the popular group that you get at school that exists here too, and frankly is very close knit, it dissapoints me. I try my best to talk to anyone, or at least be polite enough to say that I am busy when I am (rare occasions). I like to help people out, like getting involved in other peoples RP stories (but not being able to progress due to stories being dropped).

So with the moaning over with I can understand Tarryk and Aktrez's fustrations, I feel it too. I want to have fun more then grief, Im sure that's the idea for most of us. So lets all try harder and be less cliquey

(/OOC)
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

Hope to see you back soon. Of course you know Tarryk, that The Mockers have been your biggest fans from the beginning!
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

Unhappy

noooo '(

me and all my alt are gonna miss ya guys !! a LOT ..
    even that freaky pinkhaired mohawk epicine

you guys bring a whole new dimension to the game and i and the rest of the mockers *who already posted here* will miss ya !!

get well .. then get back

Don't you dare call Epicine freaky! He's soooOOOooo cool! I WANT HIS AUTOGRAPH!!!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Please Get Well and Come Back Soon

True fact: I despise grindcore.

And even so, I hope y'all get your problems sorted out, feelings smoothed over, schedules ironed out, energy levels back up, and as many of y'all as possible back on the air as soon as possible. Especially you, Tarryk.

Because shared musical experience, shared inside jokes, shared cultural experience ... these are all the things that make Anarchy Online feel like a world with a culture, with subcultures, with a history, and with personalities inside it, instead of feeling like it's just Quake III with too many textures to load.

You know I now have to stop myself IRL from saying "there are bagels in the fridge" to cheer people up or to explain why I'm not down?

We'll be waiting for y'all. I don't think anybody wants to see GridStream Productions fail, at least not anybody on this side of the microphone.

Damn does that mean no show tonight???

DAMN IT !!

I know Im feeling bitter or have issues with certain things I rather not mention in the board for the fear of flame.

damn.damn damn....

/me sighs and walks away sadly...going to find some mp3's to listen to .

There will be a short Talk Deviant show tonight, yes. After which I'll be playing a rerun of an older episode.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Cool Hmmm ?

(OOC)

Wow!... I'll say it agin, wow!... And, naa forget it, but I didn't get flamed!!! I must be fire proof lol?

Hmmm Why didn't I get flamed, *me thinks carefuly*? Oh I see, maybe I was right about some stuff? (Nought to do with GSP admittedly, but hey it all just poured out!

(/OOC)
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

:/
    That's all I have to say about that.
    Christopher "Gogliostro" McClymonds - Neutral Circus Artist for Forsaken
    Epos "Levandri" Nine - Clan Tradesman for Forsaken
    Sherwood "Velorik" Cordiero - Neutral Patcher for Oddities
    Augustus "Cipheron" Shone - Neutral Leet for Oddities
    Stormbringer "Keelan" Nine - Neutral Mute for Oddities
    Prince "Vidorian" Swicord - "The First One"
    Joseph "Silensus" Markarian - Clan Memory for Concubia Nocte
    Prince "Kahveh" Delaet - Neutral Coffeemaker for Oddities

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Re: Hmmm ?

Originally posted by SinisterCake
    (OOC)

Wow!... I'll say it agin, wow!... And, naa forget it, but I didn't get flamed!!! I must be fire proof lol?

Hmmm Why didn't I get flamed, *me thinks carefuly*? Oh I see, maybe I was right about some stuff? (Nought to do with GSP admittedly, but hey it all just poured out!

(/OOC)
    Why you OOC speaking, flame-retardant, social analytical, "nought" using cake meister!!!

Ugh, I'm no good at this, but it's the thought that counts. I hope you feel better now. How about we start the anti-clique society?

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like the choir, are there any plans by GSP to archive their shows for download? I'm probably one of the few readers of this board that haven't had the opportunity to actually listen to a show (because of the time). I miss the RKBC and would definately love to see/hear something that's continuing the spirit of that old endeavour.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

While the massive size of the Talk Deviant shows (mp3's that are 3 hours long), making them available for download is currently not an option, but we do play reruns of past shows fairly often. One of the more well-known traditions is the replaying of Talk Deviant on noon the day after (that's 12pm EST every Thursday).

We'll be making other times for the reruns as well, per listener suggestions, and a full schedule will soon be posted on www.gridstream.com.

In the meantime, I should note that I can't garauntee the accuracy of coverage as compared to the old-school RKBC. Best comparison: Talk Deviant is to RKBC what Bob and Tom are to NPR News.

Exclamation La la La

Are we there yet?

Is vacation almost over?

How much longer?

/me whines from the backseat and puts Cheeto powder on Tarryk's bald spots!

Are we there yet?
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Stop that right now or I'm pulling this Yalm over!
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

/me cries

TAAAARRRRRYYYYYYK,

Thyme's pulling my pigtails again!!!!!!!!!!
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

/me rolls over Aktrez' lap and bites Thyme's fingers.

Bad Thyme! No pigtail pulling or I'll make it rain cheetos again.
    ~~~~~

Talking !

/me quickly lets go of aktrez's pig tail.

What?! It had.. a cheeto in it.

Are we there yet?

Is vacation over yet?

I gotta go!

Im hungry!

Are almost there yet?!

/me swats Missmaul.

SHE HIT ME!!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast