That's it!

You're ALL grounded!

No more cheetos!

No more Yalm!

NOTHING, NADA, BAD FANS!

The Mom(tm) has spoken!
    ~*~ Wyldthing
    Director of GridStream Productions
    Bringing the best in Live entertainment to all of Rubi-ka!

Assistant Manger of Reets Retreat in Stret West Bank (RK1)

/me sits in her corner and cries all over her fur. WAAHHHHHHHH....
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Talking HA HA

/me stands behind Wyld and points at you all.

YAY! Your all grounded! You heard her! BAD FANS!

Sheesh! Kids these days. What can you do?

/me puts her hands on her hips and sticks her tongue out.

all of you - grounded.

Wyld.. are we there yet?
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

um just out of curiousity

Um i know this is complete off subject and i'm probably posting in the wrong place (i'm a newb) but i was just over all curious how one comes about to be a Dj, i would love to be a DJ iand i was just curious how it's done and what are the requirments, well thanks for you time. peace
    The Homo Solitus Engineer Bard Himself - Aldarok

Gravity is a hard mistress - the tick

Life is a joke, Laugh at it. - me

Such Heroic Nonsense. - Megatron from Transformers the movie

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMB NUTS! - The drill sargent from Full metal jacket

How hard are you willing to work?

Level 0: Claim you are a DJ, but don't do anything else. (No coolness.)

Level 1: Set up a playlist on Live365 or any other audio server, tell people that's your station, and you're a DJ. (No perceptible coolness.)

Level 2: Set up a playlist on Live365 or a comparable server. Find a dance floor or venue that doesn't have a DJ on duty and doesn't have one scheduled. Schedule it for yourself, which usually means figuring out who's "running" the place in-game (if anybody) and getting their permission, plus putting fliers up on the RK1 or RK2 events calendar. Log your character in during the event, be there live, and yell every few minutes that you're the DJ, and your Live365 audio stream address. (Some minimal coolness.)

Level 3: Do everything from level 2, but use Live365's software that lets you control what order songs play in real time. Don't use a playlist during live shows. Using Audacity and LAME (or whatever), record a station ID that includes the character name to send /tells to for song requests. (Some coolness.)

Level 4: Do everything from level 3, but use even better home software and hardware to be able to broadcast live voice from home, and actually DJ the broadcast, including announcing songs, doing shout-outs, and so on. (Coolness)

Level 5: Band together with a large enough group of other level 4 DJs and hardcore event/party organizers so that you can offer a full schedule of live dance and music events most evenings. (Serious coolness.)

Level 6: Do such a great job of being a level 5 DJ, and play such popular tunes, that you end up impressing so many people, including guild leaders on all 3 sides, that your show becomes practically required listening for anybody who wants to "get" the inside jokes rattling around in AO chat. Be so good at it that ARKs and Funcom employees volunteer to do live call-in - which implies having the hardware and software to broadcast call-ins, too. Produce a talk show and/or news broadcast at least once a week while you're doing it. (Compete in Tarryk's league.)
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Have to agree. Every time I log onto AO, I tune into whatever GS has, and if Tarryk is on I am certainly going to goto wherever he is playing from. Hell, I'm happy enough to catch a rerun of a Talk Deviant show.

Without a doubt, He is The MAN.

It sucks when you get a group of decent people together and they squabble. They fight. I could comment further but the last thing I want to start here is a massive flame war.

Save that for a talk deviant show one day, DJ war!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I do the same, though I'm usually not on whent the show takes place... but... but... 12 pm EST on Thursdays? Means... means... GMT -5... ?... 7 pm for me?... I'll definitely give a try at this hour then... If I had know this sooner!...

A solution would be to post a transcript of the shows, but... but it's long to type, and I highly doubt it'd be doing justice to your show. Maybe one day we'll have such high connexions that it'll be possible? *dreams*
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

many thanks

Thanks for the help yo8u guysm i think i will go for being a dj, i donlt know what coolness level i can pull off but i'll at least ry so again, thank you very much
    The Homo Solitus Engineer Bard Himself - Aldarok

Gravity is a hard mistress - the tick

Life is a joke, Laugh at it. - me

Such Heroic Nonsense. - Megatron from Transformers the movie

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMB NUTS! - The drill sargent from Full metal jacket

any show tonight by chance? -

That'd be cool. That or Wednesday, that'd be uber cool...

I'm getting GSP withdrawal...
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Rythum & Shadowrunrr?

I was looking for something else tonight and happened to notice, on the guild rosters, that two things have changed.

1) Tarryk lost his "title" first name, and is now Sherwood "Tarryk" Kozar, not DJ "Tarryk" Kozar. Nor is he the director of GridStream Productions, he's in the second tier of management, with DJ Boco.

2) DJ Rythum and DJ Shadowrunrr are no longer in GridStream Productions. In fact, they're not even neutral any more. They joined Omni-Tek, and signed up with Relax! Inc., the new management company that has taken over (and renamed) the old Dancing Atrox bar in Omni-Forest.

I have three questions about this.

First of all, what?

Second of all, does this mean that Shadowrunrr and Rythum are no longer relayed through GSP? If not, what are their new server addresses and showtimes?

Third of all, what?
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Go back and read the very first post in this string, Brad.

Shadowrunrr and Rythum have indeed joined Relax! Inc. They've since posted several press releases and showtimes to this forum. The server that their music is broadcasting from is the same server that GridStream Productions used to broadcast from.

Meanwhile, GridStream has changed it's server to http://www.live365.com/play/gridstream (or just stream.gridstream.com in winamp or realplayer).

No, I haven't been director for the guild for a very long time. Wyldthing assumed that position early on.

In answer to Wigz question, there is a show tonight (Tues 7/30) starting at 8pm EDT/12am GMT at Reets. An hour after the show starts, Missmaul's Fashion Party will begin there, and the show will continue with coverage of the event.

Tomorrow is Talk Deviant, as scheduled.

"/tell gridbot help" in-game for more information.

Also, there is a new site being put up within the next few days on www.gridstream.com that is going to rock. It will be kept up to date, and it will include a forum section. A press release will be issued soon regarding this.

Oh yeah, "Sherwood" was a fluke when I rerolled to a Martial Artist (hence the change of look, I'm a baldie) while trying desperately to keep my last name. I've since had my first name changed to Lan.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Jul 30th, 2002 at 12:49:55.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Cool my .02 credits

Yes, Rythum and I have left GridStream, and hooked up with Relax! Inc. The address to listen to our shows is: http://www.live365.com/play/266744. As for schedules, still a little up un the air. I am currently still doing Tuesday nights at 10 pm est, Rythum is on Fridays at 6 pm est, and our newest DJ Tastyvixen I think we will have on Thursday nites.....she also does late nite sets whenever people are around and want to party......we will be posting a more definitive schedule soon. Big things coming, so stay tuned.......

DJ Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt
    >Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt - Email: shadowrunrr
    >RK1ROX - Radio Free Rubi-ka - Pirate Radio for the People

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123