Thread: PvP and buffs

PvP and buffs

When entering Mayhem or a 25% zone, all ur friendly buffs should be removed automatically. So u only have ur own nanos buffed.

This way PvP should be more fair

Smile Re:

May i ask why you think that ?

Well, because when u are buffed with SG/VS-AC-HP u cant really get a fair fight if the opponent isnt buffed. Like it happened to me the other day.

I had only my buffs and I started a match against a 88 soldier (I am 96 enf). Sure I noiced right away he was buffed, I couldnt do dmg to him, but he took my total hp 3.4K in 20 secs.

He also admitted to have SG/AC buffs along with HP from doc.

I say, lets change summin here. In the Arena it should be Selfbuffs only, and for the ones that like cheating, can go to 25% and PvP there!

I totaly agre.. It shuld be self buffs only in the arena..

Right there with you

I TOTALLY agree that the arena should be selfbuff only.
    The arena is a TESTing area for your character, in my view.
    If you REALLY want your hardcore fight, you go to another
    PvP area.

Vilbo

Re: Right there with you

Originally posted by Vilbo
    I TOTALLY agree that the arena should be selfbuff only.
    The arena is a TESTing area for your character, in my view.
    If you REALLY want your hardcore fight, you go to another
    PvP area.

Vilbo
    Good idea. Because that's what a war is all about, one-on-one duels.

I don't think the game should impose these rules on players. For one, it would be a logisical nightmare to re-code. If you're going to duel someone in the arena to test your metal, simply tell them you won't fight them until they're self buffed. Don't trust them? Simple, you have two choices: 1) don't fight them, or 2) ask then to save and term.

Now, if someone asked me to term to fight them, I'd laugh in their face as would many. So basically, it's unlikely you'll ever get the luxury of a sure fight unless you know your potential opponent.

What I'd LOVE to see is an arena set up for PvP from the ground up. Meaning:

1) No hidden areas where people can exploit. For example, in Tir there's a place inside the arena where a player can stand and literally be invisible. You cannot tab them, and even if you could you'd have no LoS. On the other hand, they can see you in plain LoS and attack all day long.

2) A debuff machine, kinda like an airport scanner to get into the pre-fight waiting area.

3) Nowhere to run once the fight starts.

4) A way to register fights, and even wager on them. This would also allow true tournament ranking, which would be SUPER cool. I'd probably never leave the place other than to level and restock.

Of course this is a pipedream.

My personal opinion regarding other's buffs is... anything goes. I'm willing to fight someone with all sorts of buffs on. The agent with the healing pet, however really bothers me. That's BS. I'm sorry, but an agent shouldn't get the knowledge of the class they're impersonating. Even as it is, an agent shouldnt be casting a meta pet. They can't do engineer or crat pets, why metas? I know agents are reading this and going ballistic, but come on!