Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What can I do to get Tara loot?

Unhappy What can I do to get Tara loot?

So umm, what I've heard (havent been in a camelot raid for ages now, heck I get what I need anyhow) the camelot raids avent been what they used to huh?

Clanners on holiday?

Omnitek '''owning''' -camelot?

I'm currently a member of a pretty small guild with my friends, and I want some Tara loot (again), so how do I get initiated in the special taskforce that seems to ''own''' Tarasque?

Because, as I recall it I dont think TC wants anything to do with me, I'm pretty sure Trinity wont sponsor me (although I have friends there), sure as hell wont let MoK sponsor me, cause I dont like the style they are playing.
    So what do I do? I cant compete with the 'uber' guilds (anymore lol) What can I do? I can camp the lesser uniques (oh gee woo), I can make money, to buy the Tarasque loot, but that gets pretty boring and dull after awhile.

So what's the little guy gonna do to get the good stuff, the little guy that just wants to play the game which they pay for? It kindoff stinks that the only reasonable option is to wait it out til Shadowlands gets out (bah) and the 'uber' -guilds go camp something else in those zones.

I dont want to do that...

Unhappy

I guess this issue isnt important enough (I mean look at all the thread spamming with the no-delete rule)

oh well thanks alot for a big bowl of nothing, I guess it will keep being this way.
    People will be people, then there are exceptions.

Mega-guilds will always own MMORPGs. It's a sad thing, but it's the truth.
    ~Chris

Mega guilds will own the game itself, we will own the boards.

Who has the true power?

Originally posted by DarkSNaKE
    Mega guilds will own the game itself, we will own the boards.

Who has the true power?
    The mega-guilds cause they have a lot of vocal, posting members.
    ~Chris

But we can whine and bithc about it, just look at all the banned Stormers weee (*cough* community *cough*)

To get Tar loot, you need to lick the asses of one of the following OT guilds: The Council, Trinity or Mercenarys of Kai.

If you dont lick their ass, then forget it. So, its up to you really, what you are willing to sacrifice to get it
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Ninja
    Almost get Blanch to LOOK like a saint... ;p
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Lightbulb

Use paypal magic on whoever is announcing the loots...

anything
    or like nikkidial once said:
    "the truth is if you arent in a uber guild u suck"

I was never in uber guild I have had almost all Tarasque loot there is. You can probably lv to fairly high lv and join MoK or Trinity since they dont have insanely high lv requirements. You could just power lv really fast and join TC. You could just wait for clan to take place back over.

Whatever, guys...

I've been in MoK since the very, very beginning.

If the "system" we have devised rewarded membership in the guild, seniority, rank, or even plain ol' contributions to the guild, I'd be a friggin christmas tree with all the Tarrasque loot hanging off of me.

But it doesn't...

I have zero, zilch, nada.

I have ---->0<----- items from the Tarrasque. Neither this character nor any of my alts.

It rewards participation: guild and non-guild. I only attend a small portion of the t-raids so naturally, my chances of getting anything have been small.

So, you will have to take my word for it that the system is fair as we can make it, because this is the last word I'll say on it.

191 MP
    Last edited by Psiraven; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 10:13:13.

You don't need Tara loot.

If you really, really, really want some, Ninja.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Re: What can I do to get Tara loot?

Like ober said, you don't really NEED T loot, its just a few special status items that make you look cool and give you that little extra edge.

Personally I don't are about the loot/status thus i have zero peices of T loot to my name, but if you really want some there are pretty much 3 ways to do it

1.) Ninja loot - good way to sign your death warrent as a good player.
    2.) Join an "uber" guild
    3.) Get a team together and outdamage the other 100 people down there - not very likely unless oyu got a bunch of uber characters in which case your more then likely already in those uber guilds.

Originally posted by DarkSNaKE
    I'm pretty sure Trinity wont sponsor me (although I have friends there)
    Although our (Trinity's) loot system doesn't allow for outside sponsors, if you got some friends in Trinity and are in a small guild with your buddies why don't you just join us?

Don't know if you'd have to go through the same membership rules as everyone else though, but its not that hard even if you did.

1. Level to 100+
    2. Get 3 sponsors from the guild - you got friends in it so it shouldn't be that hard. However if your known to be a jerk or have unacceptable behaviour (not saying you are but it has happened) by others in the guild you'll probably be turned down without application

After that your put on applicant status until we decided to either turn you down or make you a full member (This is usually done at a general's meeting). From then on your entitled to everything else a member of Trinity is.
    Last edited by Pie314; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 13:22:48.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Re: Re: What can I do to get Tara loot?

Although our (Trinity's) loot system doesn't allow for outside sponsors, if you got some friends in Trinity and are in a small guild with your buddies why don't you just join us?
    Erm.. those people are in small guilds because they like to be with friend and fool around, or roleplay. Take my guild; check the stats. Letah is 40 lvls higher then the 2nd, and rest is between 40 and 130ish.. but I LEFT trinity to be here because of friends.

Check Ananke and co who left trinity to a small friendguild (aka ex TBH), its more fun to us, only friends, acting silly, being kind, no flamers, no ninjalooters, no beggers, no campers and no rules. I can ninjaloot a padded overcoat from T from your eyes, gank fellow omnis lower then me in fight amd ninjaloot others and my guild will still love me. (not that I do really, got my own moral code).

Its the main reason of most non uber guild or nonguilded ppl, we dont *like* big guilds.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

True i guess... my post to dark was just a simple invitation. Nothing more.

I know back when it was just The Syndicate i liked being in a small group of friends (not saying that Trinity is not a close familty) who goofed around and had lots of fun. I know how fun those small guild can be. Heck i was even against the merging because it wouldn't have the same familty feeling (or so i thought). In a larger guild you can still have that close feeling, but still be able to do all the cool stuff that bigger guilds do as well as meet new people.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Nugget: 3.) Get a team together and outdamage the other 100 people down there - not very likely unless oyu got a bunch of uber characters in which case your more then likely already in those uber guilds.

Thast what I did.

And my team got the same XP as the TANK Team.
    How Do I know? Well someone in the tank team told me.

Literally it was aa 50/50 split of the xp hehe.

But they got it open first ;/

I thought that was under -ninja?

Oh, now im not allowed to bring my own team either it seems.

or jus leave Clan for Omni and join a "uber" guild like Hugyou did.

ahh... what people will go through jus to get "loot".
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

lol I saw hugyou as omni. Thought was kinda funny just go omni get loot. Wonder if hugyou is same as loveyou. The hood is worth. Probably best item ingame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast