Thread: Hidden Skills

Hidden Skills

Are there things left undiscovered to make?

My thought is that maybe there are tonnes of things engies can make but no one has tried, so no one knows.

Apart from Trial & Error and "books" bought in the store is there any other information being released?

The database gets trawled regularly by people looking for intermediate steps in making things.

There may very well be single-step item creations that we don't know about.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Still trying to figure out new tradeskills

How does the first person figure out how to make CAS or Jewlery or so on.

Does FC release all the recepies, or just introduce the items and let someone with alot of cash figure it out?

Also, i am quite interested if I should still be looking for things to make and do? is there stuff that can be made that no one has done yet?

thanks

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Arrow

Still trying to figure out new tradeskills

How does the first person figure out how to make CAS or Jewlery or so on.

Does FC release all the recepies, or just introduce the items and let someone with alot of cash figure it out?

Also, i am quite interested if I should still be looking for things to make and do? is there stuff that can be made that no one has done yet?

thanks

Ani.
    Not all, but a great deal of things are found out on Test and/or by combing the database. Though even that involves some trial and error.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Well at least with the repeairman's hat we knew what to start with and what to end with. So all the engies just tried every little gadget on the item and posted on the forum when a new step was reached. Didn't take long from the patch hit live until the guides were out on arcanum and stratics. So teamwork is the answer

CAS was fairly straight forward.

They added the liquid that mentions notum in the description, as does the second notum. Then just tried all different types of armour (I made barter before I found CAS)

The best trade skills items have logical steps.

I have tried making Bodum-Larga NCU with all tools and processes I thought logical, but no luck.

I contacted a GM, and he said that Bodum-Larga NCU was in the game. No more information than that could be wrung out, however, for that would be giving spoilers.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Odd items like that tend to be rare mob drops...though I've never heard of one being found, like many other items. (worm control band for ex)

Its also possible that whatever used to drop it doesnt anymore or wasnt put in the game to begin with. (TK drops changed is a good example)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things