Thread: <<ooc>> Role Players "Club"

<<ooc>> Role Players "Club"

I have found recently, that the members of this game are split into three groups

Role Players: Those who stick to their character at LEAST 75% of their time in game. And who create storylines to drive a specific character.. or group of characters.

PvPers/Griefers: Normally in the same group unfortunately. These are the people who enjoy killing anything they can lay their hands on. Especially other players

Undecided: The people who know they like to hunt/level.. but also like to party in the bars and socialize when they have a chance.

On some games, there are specific servers for each of these types. But, here on Rubi-Ka we all mingle into one.

I for one am a hardcore role player. I level characters on my other account and use all my own characters to roleplay. I am very rarely out of character in the game (even though it may seem very real to you... most of it is playing) And I work very hard to set up story lines and plots for my guild and my character.

Now... How do we seperate the PvP/Griefers from the ROleplayers? Well.. we can't really.. as we all pay our $11 to play.

<<</me whips out her soapbox>> I would ask though, that you try to respect the roleplayers. I have heard SO many people getting almost offended that someone has the imagination to come up with a storyline. If you dislike what you see.. please just keep it to yourself. <</me steps off her soapbox>>

BUT... I do have an idea that might help us, the roleplayers, out.

I am calling forward all of the roleplayers.. individual or in a guild.. that are dedicated to making the storylines in this game Real!! And Large! I need people who would like to plan and run storylines throughout the game.

I am proposing that we develop a SL "union" persay. This will encompass all regions. We will have monthly meetings <<ooc.. in a private, neutral area>> To discuss current storylines and how we can all become a part. We can also plan ahead and bring ideas to the members to create a new story each month - all running together. And when Funcom has their events, we can meld right in using our own storylines as a beginner. Doing this might also give the folks at Funcom a little extra boost, if needed, to help us out with the stories.

If you are interested in this union. Please post your name, Org (if guilded) and faction on this thread. We will then organize a meeting time and date to have our first meeting and discuss storylines for August and September.

If anyone is interested.. I am currently working on one called "A warning" If you would like to read about this current storyline.. and how it is unfolding, Please see the post by Ghostofrizzior.

I do hope that we get a large group together to form this union. I think it will not only be fun to create.. but, will also be fun to act out.

Thank you for your time.

- Aktrez
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Oh look! it's the JUJU

Jujuwalker, sexyest independant operator this side of the galaxy. He laughs at danger! He challenges the bad guys to duels.... he get "phunkeee" at neuters.....he sometimes even tryes to make his powersuit work with "cute chicks detector" enhacement!!!

Jujuwalker, president of Jujuwalker Deliveries unlimited.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Well seems like the prefect chance to plug Domu' (Tuxx) new site

http://www.neon-zebra.net

It is there exactly to bring roleplayers together.

Personally I am always happy to meet fellow roleplayers and swap ideas so count me in. I am somewhat less enthusiastic about the idea of getting everybody involved in the same story lines. The best roleplaying in my mind is small and personal, not large and noisey. But, you know, that's just me.
    Last edited by Savoy; Jul 22nd, 2002 at 22:06:32.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Thanks for the press, Savoy

Aye, The Neon Zebra was created for just this sort of thing. To give small and large groups looking a space to plan, coordinate and socialize a place that they can do all that without worrying so much about the effects of harrasement by griefers.

And, by griefer, I do not mean the non-rper or the PvPer. Many of these players respect and give room to their fellow rp-players. The Neon Zebra is a place for anyone who respects the way others play, who can give space to their fellow players and can even encourage them by simply supporting their right to their own play style.

The Neon Zebra is not for rude, distruptive or childish players. Posts that demean others for the way they play, posts that bash the game or Funcom, posts that attack the player directly are not welcomed at the there.

Being sociable and rping is all about cooperation. Working with each other for big and small stories. Working with each other to allow all of us to enjoy these moments. We all have a stroy, or a character that we want to share. It's up to each of us to help, or atleast accommodate, others around us. I enjoy watching the unfolding of someone else's hard work as much as sharing my own.

The Neon Zebra is in no way meant to replace the official forums. Rather, it is there as another tool for rpers and socializers to take advantage of. I hope that the Zebra will become a place that people can go once they are ready to involve themselves with the individual and group events that are constantly happening in our world. Once a player has had a chance to dip their toe into the social and rp community, so to speak, they can come to the Zebra to really start to involve themselves and to find plots to join, people to meet and events to jump into.

Well, this is getting bigger than I planned . Basically, The Neon Zebra is there for you guys, the players - rpers and socializers. There are lots of ways to use it and I'm willing and able (as much as my html skills will let me) to help make it even more useful for you all.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

I like this idea...

OOC:

I think both Savoy and Aktrez are right.

I think all RPers should be communicating about their plots and ideas. I like the idea of an IC meeting but I think that with more than half a dozen people it is likely to get out of hand. Lots of words from lots of different people with a hard time making progress unless people are prepared to sit for hours keeping their own chat to a minumum and reading that of the 'main speaker'.

Even big IRC conferences/discussions get out of hand and they are normally heavily moderated with more windows for private dialog and ways of preventing people from speaking until its their 'turn'.

I think the best way to communicate plot basics and to overcome timezone differences is to use the web/forum to give out initial information. That means anyone who is interested reads up on as much as they want to.

If people running plots can put up an IC and OOC summary and maybe some idea of plot hooks for bringing in a few new characters, and their idea of how 'random passers by' or 'extras' could get involved in their plot.

If there was a face to face set of meetings it might be best run more like the conferences where there are a number of talks going on in one timeslot and you go to the one that interests you the most. The Plot Director/Team for each plot then has an hour..90 minutes...what ever to talk about their story and answer questions on it...if that's what people like.

It maybe that such discussions can be done in forums. If each plot had a private forum with access controlled by the Plot Director then quite a bit could go on.

Stories could could evolve...people would add write ups of what happened to them....PDs ( Plot Directors...made this up because GM alraedy has another meaning in AO) could add new plots hooks, request extras for particular dates and timezones....

I know that some work has gone on and is going on for websites that could support this structure, but I will leave it to the creators to inform and volunteer their creations as and when they wish.
    (Domu has already volunteered her site since I started writing this post.)

Savoy is right for me in that the small personal RPing is the most satisfying. Many of these kinds of plots are hard to open up, and sometimes they cover topics and emotions people are only happy RPing with people they know.

However if people are happy to provide write ups that give other RPers an OOC view of their character and their motivations, then adhoc meetings in bars or at parties become that much more meaningful because you know what IC things to talk to them about to have some small talk about. You can make a judgement about what you are likely to have heard OOC and use it to make conversation.

It may be necessary to write in big letters "This story is OOC info only" and have a section for each story which lists Public Information.

For example the adventures of H&H are there to give players an OOC view of the characters, so other players get an idea of their likes and RP background. From reading that story I would say that someone could realistically decide to have heard that Hirunda is recently from off-world, and that Heket is the strange blind nano-human who grew up in Athen. But perhaps not even that...H&H are small fry who have barely interacted with the world yet; your average person shouldn't have heard of them. On the other hand someone could decide to RP being a local from Athen who had heard of Heket because they grew up their as well. Erm sorry...went off topic.

Attempt at Summary:

I want a place where I can go read about all the 'open' plots that other RPers are prepared to write about. I would expect to just read the story summaries and news of most of them and enjoy watching all the stories unfold. I would occasionally be inspired by a write up, suggested plot hook or an extras advert to involve myself in someone else's story. This would give me the big picture so I felt I was part of a living world.

The knowledge I would gain from reading about the bigger picture would give me the confidence and ideas for interacting with other RP characters in game on a more adhoc and spontaneous basis, giving me more personal RP.

As well I would still be part of smaller more interesting plots that I was accepted into or part of co-writing. Just because a plot was written up, wouldn't mean it was open to everyone to join in with, and people shouldn't get offended if they can't get involved if the PD only wants to run for a small core of people they want to know. By sharing the existance of a plot and asking for occasional extras the creators have already added to the life of our world.

Actual Summary:

1) Yes lets get the pro-active RPers talking to each other and sharing ideas.

2) I think we need the right website to communicate effectively for this task.

3) Large scale communication should encourage large events for those who love them, and support and inspire a myriad of smaller personal plots and fluff

Characters:

Fantomas (Clan)
    Hirunda

South Rubi-ka Society (Omni)
    Equestra
    Belisamma

Timezone: GMT

I would love to join! Sign me on up.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

OOC

I know what a problem this can be :\ just today was trying to organise friendly fight in the arena among my organisation as part of a roleplay, and we kept getting killed by faceless idiots.

I would love to take part in any sort of Rping initiative, my organisation should be too. Count me in!
    C

pvp fight keep getting interrupted by gankers? You need JUJU!!!(plug, sorry, had to)

I already posted in the PVP forum about this, namely that i arrange gank-free duels, close to saves, wommpas, etc.

You can even have people from the same side fighting each other!

Check out my post.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=38620
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Yep, Ak may have left the game, I am trying all I can do to make her stay, So many of us care about her, and now, she is leaving because of the griefers....

Great!

Great!

GREAT! JUST F***ING GREAT!

Aktrez Gone?

[Start OOC]

Saletor,

If nothing else hopefully you can get her to come on here and tell us what happened.

The griefers are a damned annoying and infuriating bunch, but hopefully she'll realize there's more people who apreciate her efforts by far than the number of those who give her grief.

- A loyal regular patron of Rompas

[End OOC]

Aktrez leaving? A damned shame if true, she ran a great establishment. I heard Boss Ross himself admire the good old fashioned entrepreneural spirit her and the Vixen gals have shown down at Rompas. I'm thinking someone needs to be shot right about now.

Sejanus
    Omni HQ
    Department L, Office # (blocked by Omni Security)

I hope she will reconsider

I was in the club when Aktrez made her announcement. When she finished I was in a state of shock, only yesterday she seemed up and ready to get things really moving. She even encouraged me to bring back JWJ.

Now, something has come along to drive her away. I can only hope the people who are closest to her will be able to persuade her to come back.

I'll let Gencop do the talking in private Aktrez, but I hope you reconsider.

Sounds like the old baboons story, its odd but Levrivers and a few started hanging out in the green room in baboons. At first just roleplaying and talking.

Before long a little group of people that turned each night mainly just to chat mostly in IC. Then the club started putting on events extra, but with its sucess came the usally problems.

First it was just people killing the bar staff, or shouting out rubbish. I never did grasp why people wold bother to turn up to an event just to slag it off, if they did not like it just dont turn up.

Next things got out of hand as a group of really low life strippers started hanging out at the club. I have nothing against what they are doing as such but the green room where we used to talk became impossible.

You had the strippers asking for money, sticking there arse in people face a doing very dirty sex acts. Of course you can guess this brought in all the 12 years to look at shout out.

A number of big fights broke out, the strippers defending there right to be in the club and do what ever they wished.

In my own time of doing events in baboons I had to put up with a lot of rubbish, it really is odd the number of people who just turn up to try and ruin the events.

Its sad but its not just one time that gets you down, in the end its the non stop weekly battle. People that do events want to enjoy the game to. It takes a lot of hard work to put on events but only 5 minutes to ruin it.

Aktrez I understand the problems, my best advice is to take a break go and enjoy the game for a while. Or even stop playing till you cleared it out of your mind.

If only people would give each other a little respect, just remember the person on screen has a real person at the helm. Unlike NPC they have feelings to, just consider them once in a while.

((OOC

First off I agree with Kirrana , go take a break ...be it from that character, AO all together or the computer even. You do enjoy the game to much to quit all together girl you know you do cause you work so damn hard to make a difference for the game ...meaning the roleplaying and those that role play around you or with you.
    I can say I understand if you don't feel appreciated ...not you but all that you do ...well your character does. But like your friends on this thread have told you don't give up. Maybe tonights thing didn't turn out as planned or the reaction wasn't as strong as was hoped but still thats not a reason to give up. You had/have a good group of RP'ers that were right there jumping all over what was going on.
    The characters that didn't do anything well maybe they just didn't believe what was happening... I will be first to admit Lux heard what was going on... but was a bit clueless and kinda paranoid herself ...she has issues..or to much caffine..don't know yet..but it would have been very out of character for Lux to jump in head first and lead a rescue team. Though if one was being formed she would have joined I would like to think.
    All I know player to player is that there are more people that appreciate what you as a player do or are trying to do. And if you can make one persons experience roleplaying in AO more fun... then what more can you ask for?

Come on Back.. you know you wanna..

Though I think the weather is supposed to be nice... go relax at the shore a couple a days ... make sure you put on some sunscreen though.!!

Ohh I almost forgot why I was here ...in addition.. sure sounds like a good Idea..

now I forgot what info you needed... Damn my short term memory.. (( though it is 3am... ))

Umm "Luxurea" lvl 106 1/2 .. Neutral. No guild and thats it.. umm female Solitus just incase you wanted that too...
    Last edited by Gwen; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 08:04:05.

Why not, I'll throw in. I enjoy playing my character and I'd like to be more involved in other storylines.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Thumbs up Count me in for RP, and Aktrez - don't leave!

1) You can always count myself and the rest of SPARTA in on anything RP related, be it work-related (security intelligence), or off duty personal type of RP.

2) AKTREZ... don't go... pwetty pwease?

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

Well I'm not in an org yet, I live on damn GMT +2 which means I miss 9/10 events and parties, and I desperately wish I had more time for all of this (or at least not aving to get up at 7 am, which is a pain to stay all night up... heck i'd really have likd to stay longer yesterday...), but I guess I can say I'd be interested too... I assume any goodwill is appreciated?

PS Don't go Aktrez, don't go... please... take a break if you need it, but don't let your enthusiasm be spoiled like this...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Unhappy Aktrez leaving??

((Entirely OOC))

Noooo!

You don't know me from Jack, but your presence has always made a real difference to my play in Rompa - and is one of the main reasons I'm in there so frequently (frequent for me, anyway).

Griefers are scum that go out of their way to make people quit. They want to make people's game rotten and unenjoyable - they are the lowest of lowlife scum!

Please don't let them win! Take a break, take a deep breath and remember - you have so many more fans than you have enemies. The petty jealousies of some envious lowlifes are not worth even bothering about. If it helps, just ignore them completely or even /report them. Harassment - IC or OOC - is still harassment if it makes you uncomfortable.

You're one of the most respected members of AO. I'll more than happily fight your corner.

From the RP perspective, I'm GMT +0 but may well be GMT +2 in the near future. My characters are, in order of play frequency:

Crazynotion, Atrox Bureaucrat working for The Man (OT) and generally outspoken individual. Opinionated yet laid back.

Mechanita, Opifex Engineer working for OT. Politically outspoken, but about as social as a dead fish. Currently holds a senior position within the organisation I'm a member of, and is involved in a few stories that have potential to spread beyond their local scope.

Both characters are members of Omni-Tek Blackwolff Operations. We tend to keep much to ourselves with RP events (who doesn't?) and are running a number of stories both entirely within the org. and also with a few OOC friends.

Personally I'm all in favour of 'spreading the word' regarding RP - and am especially keen on events that involve people from both sides of the fence. I can only speak for myself, however. BWO policy regarding large-scale events is to tread carefully rather than rushing in to anything.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Aktrez,

OOC ((If you choose not to leave, and would like some help with r/p ideas, I'd love to work with you.

While my character has unshakable dedication to DA, it would be fun and a nice break, to plan out some story lines that don't involve the organizational rivalries.))
    Last edited by Ditzie; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 16:56:29.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"