Thread: Warning to the Clans: Notum Dust

Warning to the Clans: Notum Dust

I sat on this info long enough. Parties involved has more then likely be run through the reform mill, or exicuted by now....

Last thursday night an Omni messanger approached me in the Cup, asked me to visit to an Omni-Med Doc, Whoes names, well let's just say I forgot them already.....

Any way curiousity gets the best of me and I agree to meet with her.

Ended up learning some pretty disturbing stuff, have a listen....
    Oh and I altered their signals and voices a touch so incase they are both still ok.

***: ok, from the top
    ***: like I said, I am Dr. ***
    Kotts nods listening
    ***: I am a research chemist for Omni-labs
    ***: well, I guess at this point i WAS a research chemist for omni-labs
    ***: for two years i have been working on a project called ND
    ***: It is a hyper boost to stamina and strength
    ***: and i do mean Hyper!
    Kotts tilts his head
    Kotts: like Trox on Pie Hyper?
    ***: after two years, I gave up. I couldnt stabilize the boost
    ***: Mr Clay, I mean like your worst nightmare strong
    ***: and never tiring
    Kotts raises his eyebrows a bit stunned
    ***: like watching a machine fight...it wont stop
    Kotts: but for Troops I asume?
    *** looks down at her feet
    ***: i am ashamed to admit it
    ***: but it has been used on troops, and
    ***: notum miners...that i know of
    ***: there really isnt anyway of me knowing just who all it has been used on
    Kotts shakes his hea d abit amazed
    ***: the thing is, the project was really considered a failure by me
    Kotts: right.. wasn't your place to know
    *** laughs a bit sarcastically
    ***: the booster is unstable
    ***: the use of it, causes insanity
    ***: it has even caused death
    Kotts: but the effect wear off right?
    Kotts: oh...
    Kotts: that's a "yes" kinda..
    ***: not that i know of...you see, I never authorized the experimentation of the boost
    ***: but i promise you it is being used.
    Kotts sighs
    ***: and i just cant live with that
    Kotts: so your just confessing to some random clanner to clear your mind?
    ***: no, I am aware that your organization is politcally involved
    Kotts grins
    ***: I am ...thinking of....defecting
    *** hides her head in her hands
    Kotts: Defecting?
    ### comforts ***.
    ***: i have the un-manipulated data with me
    ***: thank you ###
    ###: yes kind sir, she means defecting from omni-tek
    ***: leaving Omni-tek
    ***: look Mr Clay, If omni-pol finds me, I am toast
    ***: I will made to look like a fool, or worse
    ***: just disappear off the face of Rubi-ka
    ###: i wouldnt let that happen to you!
    ***: poof...no ***
    ### slams his fists on the table.
    Kotts: wel be honest they'd just shoot you in the streets like that oth- *stops himself* err
    ***: ###, If they came after me, you couldnt stop them
    *** shakes her head
    Kotts chews his lip
    ###: got to go sorry
    ***: i am not unaware of what happens
    Kotts glances over at Bob
    ***: ###. Thank you. beyond measure, I thank you for your help tonight
    ***: no matter what happens, I will always count you as a friend
    *** smiles
    ***: so Mr. Clay here is the rest of the story
    ***: ND is notum dust...
    Kotts looks back at her
    ***: dust......
    ***: it can be added to water
    ***: sprinkled in the air
    ***: and once I knew that Omni-tek was using it, i couldnt sit and watch people die
    ***: the potential for it to be used as a politcal weapon...
    Kotts nods
    Kotts: think I understand, kinda...
    *** looks my hands
    ***: what dont you understand
    Kotts scratches his temple with the muzzle of his gun
    ***: well, maybe you can take this information back to your people, and see what they think
    Kotts: well I'm not realy a scientist ya know... but I understand that this ND stuff is.... deadly right?
    Kotts nods
    Kotts: I can
    ***: it can be, yes
    ***: i dont know if i can ever make it stable,
    ***: but if i do...can you image how it can be used in a war?
    ***: say the war against the clans?
    Kotts: yeah...
    ***: and if only Omni-tek has it?
    ***: and what if in its unstable state the vanguards are exposed
    ***: the sentinals
    ***: the council members
    Kotts: totaly onesided battle if that were tha case
    ***: insanity?
    ***: death?
    Kotts: it's turn them in to crazy war hounds.. right
    Kotts sighs again
    ***: yes, and Mr Clay, i cant...i just cant live with that on my conscious
    Kotts: what else do you plan to do?
    ***: believe it or not...not all omni are bad
    ***: i cant believe that all clansmen are bad either
    Kotts: nah... I use to be contracted under Omni...
    ***: no matter how i was brought up to believe
    Kotts: acctually it's nice to see a few that have some signs of humanity
    ***: exactly...but with my project. things will be very very onesided
    *** shakes her head
    ***: i am wondering if the bio rejects in the backyard havent been given the dust...they are so mad and insane
    Kotts chuckles
    Kotts: imagine if the Leets were fed the stuff
    ***: oh my
    *** giggles
    ***: it isnt funny
    *** tries to look sternly
    Kotts: <grins> now *that's scary!
    ***: anyway, Mr. Clay, I have run from the labs with the unmanipulated data
    ***: if they havent already figured out i have left
    ***: they will soon
    Kotts: right... any thing else I can help with?
    ***: somehow i dont think they will be overly understanding
    *** sighs
    ***: i dont know what to do...I have never been anything BUT omni
    Kotts: well that depends if yu are still on the clock or not
    ***: i have been awol for about three days
    Kotts: Goin back will put your ass in the sling..
    ***: they will kill me
    Kotts: then don't go back
    ***: i am expendable
    ***: i guess i already knew I couldnt go back
    Kotts: heh
    ***: but you take what i have told you to your leaders
    Kotts: right
    ***: if they want to talk to me, at a later date, i will open my comlink to you
    Kotts: alright
    ***: i thank you for talking to me.
    Kotts nods
    Kotts: you know..
    ***: please dont thing badly of me. the ND was supposed to be a good thing
    Kotts: you reallly *are* better of hideing out
    ***: i am hiding
    ***: i am going to have to get a new apartment
    ***: my old one is in Trade
    Kotts chuckles
    ***: they will expect me to go back there
    Kotts: mm hmm
    ***: well, newland seems nice enough
    Kotts: They'll check the neutral town next
    Kotts: towns*
    ***: well i dont know where else to go!
    ***: do you think they will come here?
    Kotts: Nothin' stopping them from it
    *** looks around in a panic
    ***: where can i hide?
    Kotts frowns realizeing he just made it worse
    ***: oh god, i have to go....
    ***: i cant let them find me
    ***: i dont have weapons
    ***: i am a DOCTOR
    Kotts: ...
    ***: you know how to contact me
    Kotts: right...
    *** looks around
    ***: please, be careful
    Kotts: you too
    [***]: i can read you loud and clear Mr. Clay. you can reach me here
    To [***]: alright I hear ya, and you *can* call me Kotts if you want
    [***]: thank you Kotts
    [***]: please tell your leaders i mean no harm to them
    To [***]: Right.. I doubt Silverstone or Jen will be very nice, but I will
    [***]: *gulps
    To [***]: You know, if you really want to meet up with them you might want to invest in a clan application form
    To [***]: it's a simple gesture, goes aong way, ya know?
    [***]: please tell your leaders of our conversation, if they want to talk to me, then have them set it up through you. Once I talk with them, I will decide what to do. I have to be cautious
    To [***]: Right. becareful alright?
    [***]: thanks Kotts. contact me when you have talked to them. I will have my comlink on tomorrow.*** out
    To [***]: alrighty, Kotts out

(( not really sure what to do with this greenie bit. so......

oh and *** = the Doc and ### = the contact ))
    Last edited by Kotts; Jun 14th, 2005 at 17:39:29.

Sounds similiar to the research that a doctor with the call sign of Madwire tried to develope and use with the help of Clan Ararchist Syndicate (CAS) a few years back. Basically the premiss was that it was a virus that could be spread via NCU usage. Hostile "virus" nanobots would infect the Omni NCU signatures causing madness. Fortunatly, cooler heads prevailed in CAS and it was decided that it was too risky to continue to support Madwire's schemes. Perhaps some of his work was discovered by Omni-tek?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

*shrugs*
    Good to know in any case Vix'

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts
    *shrugs*
    Good to know in any case Vix'
    I got to the word pie, and blanked out... @@; ...it's what I get for playing a trox so
    often, I guess. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with a cobbler . ¬¬

::Uses his root graft on the cobbler pie!::

There is NO escape! You shall be assimilated! >:O
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Things like this really infuriates me. And some of you still don't understand why we in NLF fights for what we do?
    We will look into this matter ourself and believe me when I say that we WILL find a way to stop this madness!!!

(( Is Omni-Labs an org btw? ))
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Morthoseth
    it's what I get for playing a trox so often, I guess.
    Ehh.. "playing a 'Trox"???
    Or don't I want to know?

Now, about that pie..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

If there was ever a question about Omni's intentions. take this into consideration.
    Doc comes to the clans for help. She's worried that her research on ND was going to be used on the clans as a form of chemical warfare. In less then a Week she's got a bountey on her head, and the Pols willing to raid Tir looking for her. Even called the Armed forces on her.

All this for a Chemist... Or to cover their arses?

Nice try Omni. She's with us now, and the public *will* know of your experiments on *YOUR OWN TROOPS*.

Human life is cheap right Omni? heh.
    Any thing to win. Like those spiked food packs you've already placed in clan vendors?

Oh one more thing... Elite forces?.... *bursts into laughter*
    Riiight! haha!
    ~twits~
    Last edited by Kotts; Jun 21st, 2005 at 01:42:11.

What the clans did last night shows so clearly that the smallest stone really can fell the giant. Omni-Tek had not only elite Omni-Pol personnel, but Omni-AF personnel beaming down from stealth personnel transports both in Tir and outside Newland. The sheer force of their attacks, the strength and elite training invested in the troopers was evident. They were a handful. And they were attacking clanners inside Tir on grounds of getting back one of their employees. To be "questioned", I'm sure.

[Channel42] Kochren: We ain't stoppin' until the doc gets popped.

While the Sentinels and the clan forces held their ground, defending our city and our personnel, it became clear that we would have a fierce time beating them back. Their insane elite protective shields rendered them mostly unharmed and the time was running out for the doctor. They seemed to have a weak signal on her position and were following it. Time was short, resources were short, and the good doctor's life was definetly hanging in a short, thin line. She had told us that her insurance was cancelled. If she got hit, she wouldn't reclaim. Such is the fate of estranged Omni-Tek personnel.

[Channel42] Kochren: There's more where that came from, rebel scum.

Clan forces, led into combat by Jasper2002 from Cerberus and with aid from several clanners, among them Commander Simon Silverstone, Hochiiminh, MrFli, Mastablasta, Nailbunny, Reija and several others did their best to distract, stall and dodge attacks from the Omni-Pol troopers. All the while, a small group from Assembly were able to lead the doctor out of Tir, while Ictoo stayed on the two Omni-Pol D6 people, Kochren and Zypherr. It was a cat and mouse chase that through a gruelling hour or so led all the involved through Tir, Meetmedere, Varmint Woods, Wine, Wailing Wastes, Newland Desert, Newland City, ICC and finally Old Athen, where the doctor registered with the clans, which seems a catalyst for recalled orders. The Omni-Pol Elites pulled back. It cost litres of blood and facing an enemy many times stronger than us, but in the end, brains and quick thinking got to the finish line first.

[Channel42] Kochren: ... you smart little....
    [Channel42] Kochren: It's your lucky day, clanners. Orders are to recall.

The process of a full extraction from Omni-Tek personnel files will shortly begin for the doctor and until she's set up and ready, her location will be undisclosed on these public newschannels. She isn't free of danger, nor are any of the people present yesterday,

[Channel42] Kochren: Oh yeah. Ooohhhh yeah. When I get ahold of you boys, it's gonna be fun.
    [Channel42] Kochren: Oh, but don't worry. I'll see you guys real, *real* soon.
    [Channel42] Kochren: Smooches!

----

[Apologies for not posting the whole log. It's about 27-30 Word pages long. Kudos to the ARK team for one of the most nerve-wrecking thriller events I've had the pleasure of being part of. Never knowing where you were, and with you guys spreading out...it was, simply put, extraordinary.

Everyone should know what happened yesterday, and thankfully the public Gridforums allow us to spread the information freely.

This is the report I wrote up a few hours ago. I've altered some more affectionate names into actual callsigns so the right people get the credit.

We got the meeting going on as scheduled more or less, but the Pols were still looking for her as Astera and Tussa asked her a lot of questions. Cedd, Kotts and myself kept an eye outside for a while, but it wasn't until we had scouted out, secured and move the doc to a safehouse that the excrete hit the fan.

First, Omni-Pol dropships are detected and Sentinel defense gets started up. People rush out and get ready for a fight. It actually took the Omnis some fifteen to thirty minutes to deploy the forces to the scene and when they did, they deployed them to the market square in the middle of Tir. Silverstone and his men plus a lot of clanners dropped by for the fight, but it wasn't enough to keep them in check for long.

Now, when the O-P troops hit the ground, the doc was abruptly warped out of the safehouse, and I suppose it was simple luck that we bumped into her when we jumped into the water and swam to the square. Since the square was a combat zone and I couldn't be sure if the city guards and Sentinels wouldn't shoot the doc up, I ordered our merry bunch to jump back into the water and swim to the ramp just west of the square's NW corner. Kotts, Stonyman and Ridgerunner took the doc into a shop and I went off to see if I could at least provide a distraction.

Thankfully somebody played a voicelog on Assembly's frequency, because if I hadn't know that Zypherr and Kochren were heading off to scan the area for the doctor, I wouldn't have been there to provide distraction. Kotts told me yesterday that Stonyman, Nailbunny and I provided enough of a distraction to get himself and the doc out of Kochren's sights before they scanned the area properly.

After I can't remember too well, because I hit the reclaim three times in five minutes, because I went to piss off Kochren and Zypherr. By then Kotts had managed to get the doc to Varmint Woods and was running north. Nailbunny, Absyn and I joined them after it was clear the O-P's that had followed them to Varmint Woods were being delayed by a lot of clanners.

At this bit things started going a bit worse for us: we ran north, assuming that Tussa's orders to take her to the Sentinels base meant she wanted us to take the doc to Mort - so a lot of confusion ensued and it wasn't until we were in the middle of Newland Desert that we got our wits back a bit. Mort was getting hit, too. So, with Ictoo from Storm and Mastablasta from Avatars Reloaded in tow as well, we headed first west and then south to the Newland zone.

We cut the doc's comlink off here, but it was too late for that. We were a scant half a click away from a town and its whompahs when an Omni AF dropship dropped a big bunch of troopers in the middle of our group and pretty quick wasted all of us, I think.

After this I don't know what happened, as I busted my comlink upon hitting the reclaim in Varmint Woods. But just as I made my way back to Tir I caught a glimpse of the doc and Jen heading toward the whompah to Old Athen... I guess you guys got the doc to Newland via a whompah and came through ICC to Tir.

From Old Athen we hurried first to Bliss where the doc finally decided she needed a clan application form... and so, after a little wandering around the stupid maze Bliss is, we headed back to Old Athen. And there, in a shop, the doc filled out the form and there it was. The Omni-Pol jerks had their orders withdrawn.

This is more or less what happened. It doesn't describe exactly how humongous the fight was and how intense and desperate the situation was at times. I do know, however, that I'm very grateful to a lot of clanners.

I'm also very proud of us. I guess I might as well admit that.

Go clans!

---

[OOC: To Ark (and everyone involved),

You rawk. All of you. Even the interrogation scenes didn't give me this big a kick.

<3 <3 <3 <3]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Attention Clanners, fence sitters, and even you puppet Ommers:

We have reason to believe that the unicorns are in possetion of several spiked food sacks containing food contaminated with notum dust. Further more a scourse has indicated that Commander Zora has every intention of distributing these bags to clann venders as well as letting a few slip into our water supply.

This sort of reckless action puts every last person on Rubi-Ka in danger. Bottle water, and mind what you eat at the Bornto burger, and Mongol meat stands.

As far as I am aware there is no cure yet for the contamination. However, we are working hard to find one. Be wary of people with the following symptoms:

1) emitting green mist, smoke, or greenish tints on or around the skin. glowing green eyes included.

2) Irrational behavior, violent streaks, and over all craziness

3) exhibitions of freak strength, and endless stamina. as in a Unicorn commander times 20.

That's all well and dandy, but we need some form of evidence. Any evidence.

Put yourself in my position. If an Omni employess, member of a fanatical pro-war faction like the Assembly were to say "I am aware of a murderous plot being hatched by the Knight of Avalon" and could only provide "I have reason to believe" and "sources" as his evidence, how would you react?

And as for "2) Irrational behavior, violent streaks, and over all craziness", how would you tell the difference from any other ordinary day on Rubi-Ka?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

“Irrational behavior, violent streaks, and over all craziness.” What’s new, it seems Silverstone and his lot where contaminated ages ago.

Anyway, if this is true, it’s very bad news indeed. Biological/chemical warfare would escalate this senseless war even more. I most certainly hope this is a flaw, otherwise Boss Zora will have a lot to answer for.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    That's all well and dandy, but we need some form of evidence. Any evidence.

Put yourself in my position. If an Omni employess, member of a fanatical pro-war faction like the Assembly were to say "I am aware of a murderous plot being hatched by the Knight of Avalon" and could only provide "I have reason to believe" and "sources" as his evidence, how would you react?

And as for "2) Irrational behavior, violent streaks, and over all craziness", how would you tell the difference from any other ordinary day on Rubi-Ka?

Savoy
    All in due time lady.