What exactly has to happen before we stop paying and stop playing a game that is riddled with more bugs than content?

I've been keeping a list of blatant bugs and will someday post it... though I am not sure why I would even bother. Most of these bugs are already known by the (I hate to use this word)... developers.. of the game.

Many many many people have suffered losses (items, exp, money, time) in this game (Yes, I know it is 'Just a Game')... but most of us pay to 'play' and we do not look forward to paying to sign on and just be frustrated day after day.

I would not stand by silent for an instant if my new car were anything less that in full working order. Nor continue to pay for a monthly service of any kind that was not what was promised me when I signed the agreement FOR that service.

There are some sympathizers that will read this and think I am just whining or complaining and if I dont like it, just leave. Well, that is exactly my point, I am not sure I want to stay if things are not going to change. These 'love' patches have nothing to do with anything but trying to keep me paying every month, hey certainly do not replace the items I have lost, or better still.. repaired the PROBLEM that causes the constant losses and frustrations.

I've recently lost 4 bags of items I have been saving. I even used the insurance terminal before I opened the bank.. Then poof, I got booted, came back to discover that the 4 bags that had been in my inventory after removing them from the bank... were gone. They were not in the bank again, not in my inventory, not on the ground or anywhere I could see. Then I discovered that I was not the only one to get booted, many other people had. Then 10 minutes later while waiting in 37th place in the Petition Queue... everyone got booted as the server crashed.

After hours of waiting, I finally got some robot of a GM who came to tell me I was screwed. The policy is we dont replace anything, no matter how weird or common the bug is, no matter what the reason... unless of course you are well known as running an AO based website. But thats another story.

After tyhe server crash, I discover that my exp bar is 20% lower than what it was. I know where it was, because my girlfriend and I both play together exclusively... and hers was where it had been before I was booted and now my bar was 20% lower than hers. Sure, no big deal.. just go hunt for an hour and get it back.

I am now wondering why I would even bother? If my items are not safe, why collect them? If I do not need items, why get exp to get even better ones? Thus... why even worry about the loss?

I've pre-paid and now feel like I have been taken. There is absolutely zero customer service in this game.... because I have never, and will never.. accept "There is nothing we will do" as customer service... that is just completely unacceptable.