Thread: Camping & high level domination

Camping & high level domination

Not sure if someone brought this up before, but here it goes.

Today there can be a problem with big guilds that have a lot of high level players (or just a bunch of high levels teaming up) that camp the spawn of a unique mob and totally dominate it to provide their whole guild with the item.

Instead of this maybe a levelcap on some of the uniques would be an idea so that noone above that level could attack it.
    Like a level 120 Unique mob have a levelcap at around 130'ish or lower depending on mob strenght.

This way it would stop the highlevels from camping mob's ment for lower levels and if they really want that item it drops, hire a team of players in the correct level and be handed the drop.

I can see some ppl might feel this to be a bad thing (mainly high lvls ) but I still feel it would do good to the game.

I'd like some feedback on this.

Unfortuantely, this would cause massive whining, also would cause others to just enlist the help of lower level people, such as alts, perhaps also find some exploit to get around it, could also end up bugged since it would be complicated.
    A simple change would make camping unuqies not only more fun, but give most everyon a chance:
    Make Unique Mob's spawn at different locations and/or times....completely random. I prefer both. Also have them wander around doing things..perhaps killing other mobs? hehe

This would make people actually do something, not just Tab and hit Q.
    I am currently in my search for the 3rd eye of daria, dropped by daria in lush.....whenever i go there i always encounter large groups of people that will easily outdamage me, my guildmates are too busy being bored in camelot to give a frig. only need ot so i can self-cast uvc and ffk before 190 (dont plan on levling past 180 some)

Bugs and possible exploits are something for FC to think about not something you should go about in your suggestions.

And if they use low levels or alts are no problem as long as they are in the right level range.
    About the whining.......well.

But add some random spawn unique mobs would be good.

No more comments? =)

By all means if they make mobs not possible to be attacked or aggro that and that lvl it would work quite well... Maybe monster Suppression gas
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

The real solution here is to NOT put super uber items on unique mobs that have to be camped.

Every item should be obtainable in *ALL* types of missions, dungeons, etc.

Sure, it can be rare in missions, but every item should have the POSSIBILITY of being either found in a mission chest or given as a mission reward. That way, everyone who wants to play AO has a chance at getting the items.

They don't have to join an uber guild.

They don't have to stand in line for 6 hours waiting to kill a mob.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

i actully object that .. if every item was able to be getable.. how would it be rare? Some items you have to work for just that... However FC hasnt done it in a very good way (more places to camp with more balance loot on every camp had been the way)
    ---

I think perhaps a uber boss could be in side a enclosed area and when you go in with a team,

the boss exists for you and your team,

but if another group goes in the teams dont see each other

( like in solo missions ) but the boss wil l coexist in each teams adventure..

that way no one can take it away from you or your team.

How about just putting in new stuff so the high lvl people will camp the high lvl stuff instead? its not really that hard to put in quests, half of it is keeping the NPCs from vanishing.. But this would keep the high lvl people away and still have them get something they want.

Originally posted by Hajkster
    i actully object that .. if every item was able to be getable.. how would it be rare? Some items you have to work for just that... However FC hasnt done it in a very good way (more places to camp with more balance loot on every camp had been the way)
    Do you define rare as only a few PEOPLE can get an item?

I define that as catering to 3l33t d00ds who really need to get some fresh air.

I define rare as: if you want this item, you'll have to do a lot of missions in search of it. It won't be everywhere like metaplast armor. You'll have to do a bunch of missions before it will pop up.

Originally posted by Cindrax

Do you define rare as only a few PEOPLE can get an item?

I define that as catering to 3l33t d00ds who really need to get some fresh air.

I define rare as: if you want this item, you'll have to do a lot of missions in search of it. It won't be everywhere like metaplast armor. You'll have to do a bunch of missions before it will pop up.
    So then if everyone have its rare?
    ---

Nullity and GA are fairly rare but before the recent changes anyone had a chance of getting one by killing the right mobs, now they also turn up occasionally on mobs in missions. They are still rare.

It sounds like 'rare' to you means only you have a chance of getting it. Rare implies 'not many of', it doesnt mean only certain people have a chance of getting it.

...I've always been in favor of making the spawn location and times random (within limits). That way the standard questors have as much of a chance of being in the right place at the right time as the d00dz and bullies.
    "Injections for everyone! My treat!"

Originally posted by BGumble
    Nullity and GA are fairly rare but before the recent changes anyone had a chance of getting one by killing the right mobs, now they also turn up occasionally on mobs in missions. They are still rare.

It sounds like 'rare' to you means only you have a chance of getting it. Rare implies 'not many of', it doesnt mean only certain people have a chance of getting it.
    Yea i see what you mean but i meant rare as in only some could get it yes =) So while other's bark out at impossible mob with over 2mil hp and in a 25% zone while the other one get it in a chest in a mission...

But yea i see your point and take it back..
    ---

But that's kind of the point...

Tarasque causes more trouble - the arguments over who gets to loot him, when, and why - than the items he drops are really worth. Everyone I know who likes Tarasque, only likes it because it gives high level folks something challenging to do in a team-pvp sense.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    But that's kind of the point...

Tarasque causes more trouble - the arguments over who gets to loot him, when, and why - than the items he drops are really worth. Everyone I know who likes Tarasque, only likes it because it gives high level folks something challenging to do in a team-pvp sense.
    As i said in another post... More mobs with Balance unique loot would solve the camping quite alot... All items does generaly the same and there is alot of these unique mobs.
    ---

Originally posted by Hajkster

So then if everyone have its rare?
    If it takes a lot of time and effort to get, then it is still rare.

Everyone should be ABLE to get the item. In fact, everything should be POSSIBLE to drop in a solo mission. High probability? No. But a probability at all: yes.

Camping and high level domination? Geez, we talking about Everquest here? I thought this was an AO forum.

:P