Thread: Calms severely broken...

Calms severely broken...

Since last patch calms are more or less useless. Calmed mobs still fight, both melee and ranged, or the calms just slip off after a second even if I get the message that the program was axecuted successfully. Last night we had a room with four MP's hitting with chem dmg from their shields, red to the four of us. This is tricky even with fully functional calms but now it turned into a slaughter house. After a couple of trips to the reclaim we finally wore them down but i was thoroughly digusted with it all.
    My team consisted only of people from my own guild who I team up with all the time, they all know how to work together and knows to avoid calmed mobs. We did not break the calms ourselves.
    This was the single worst example from last night since people actually were killed, which almost never ever happens in my teams. They all respect my calming skills and trust me to keep adds under control, when they started dying I felt so bad about the whole thing I almost logged off. After we finished the mission no one felt like doing another, we all lost the spark.

When bugs like this pop out of nowhere it kills the game, it kills it by taking the fun out of teaming. When skills and tactics suddenly becomes pointless we lose heart and interest to continue. Since aggro is so severe in team missions it is crucial that calms work, at least in a teams that's not solely consisting of Atrox Enforcers. It so bad it deserves an emergency patch...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Calms are still working for me. Only time its hard to calm is when me or my teams have reflect shield buffs/bracers on.

Half

After turning off all my auto attack options, solo calming missions doesnt seem to have changed much. However, I havent teamed much since last patch.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

No one I team with has worn reflect bracers of any kind for a long time, due to the very fact that they break calms.
    I'm starting to wonder if this could be yet another synch issue due to the seemingly ever increasing lag I have been getting lately.
    Trust me, this has never been a problem before. Something has changed, and not for the better. I am not the kind of person to whine about things just because I do not know how to behave in AO.
    Other NT's in my faction have the same problem so I know that it's not an isolated incident.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Yup i couldn't agree more, calms now slip off and start attacking you even though the orange is still swirling around them, also have noticed they are getting countered much more!

Also roots seem to have little to no effect as well

Roots

I think NT roots shouldn't be breakable by attacking the rooted mob, it seems that this is how they currently work... The root stays as long as you don't hit them.
    -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-
    ~ Rubi-Ka 2 ~
    Lokbiph - 63 NT
    Lokchi - 49 Enf
    Gnuyan - 33 Doc

Talking

i have problems with calms if i dont let the mob aggro me before i calm it.

Let the moster aggro you before you calm it and you will be ok.

take care

Sorry Comfortyou, that is not good enough. That is just a workaround for something that is clearly broken. I can not afford for me or anyone in my team to be jumped by four red mobs before trying to calm them. Besides, I have had adds that refused to be calmed even after aggroing me.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Exclamation

No its not good enough but nothing in this game works perfect so why should the calms work perfect??

So i just gave a you was a temprary solution.

This problem is only in teammissions not in singlemissions

take care

Originally posted by Comfortyou
    No its not good enough but nothing in this game works perfect so why should the calms work perfect??

So i just gave a you was a temprary solution.

This problem is only in teammissions not in singlemissions

take care

Some things I can accept not working pefectly since I am an NT already. But calms did work up until recently and with our blackholes, our way more than 3% fumble rate and incrased resists it is crucial that we at least have our calms working.

I appreciate the tip you gave me, and my low level Crat who I so far only solo with does not have this problem. At level 144 the prospect of single missions isn't very appealing anymore since missions just go on forever and ever sometimes.

You take care, too.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Wink

Yes last patch broke the calms...

before that patch i had no problems with calming in teammissions....

take care

Originally posted by Comfortyou
    i have problems with calms if i dont let the mob aggro me before i calm it.

Let the moster aggro you before you calm it and you will be ok.

take care
    How does this help Advents who have to calm when MOBs are in non-aggro state only, eh? =P

I've had several teammates die because I calmed a mob off a boss room warp only to have it NOT calm at all. However, the halo is there, and the team's primary calmer cannot recalm it, since something somewhere thinks it already is calmed. Of course, this doesn't stop them from shooting. Woo.

-Jayde

Calms seems to be funcioning correctly nowdays, thank god
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

"Calms seems to be funcioning correctly nowdays, thank god "

Not for my crat, the resist chance is not only extrememly high but the calms often have no effect even after they land. Sometimes the calm might not even be registered on the mob even though it landed, sometimes it might get lost because of server sync or whatever, and sometimes the mobs just won't stop fighting.
    Now if they stopped with calms landing less often I might be OK, but it is becoming tedious to team because of all the changes.

Maxtor 1-7...
    FC did something to Nano resist one or two patches ago, apparently to make them work "as intended", I guess that is why they resist more than before. And calling calms not working as intended a change is too kind... I call it a bug.

Angelus0001...
    As Maxtor said. No, calms do not function properly. However, calms seem to work better in solo missions for some reason, while they are totally borked in team missions still.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

FC please do us all a favor and follow your "fixes" (hehe have they fixed one thing or is it all just workarounds) to the inevitable concution and just make MOBs take no danage so we can quit going "Maybe I'll stay one more patch and see if they fix this game" and get on with our lives.