Thread: CHANGE The Trashking's Spawn Time(Rational Reasoning)

CHANGE The Trashking's Spawn Time(Rational Reasoning)

The Trash king's spawn time NEEDS to be changed its WAY to long.Think about it, its a popular quest, everyone wants to do it on BOTH sides clan and omni and we all have to go to this one annoying bot named the trash king, which has a spawn time of 1-4 HOURS, the usual scene there goes as follows, A player waits with some friends, full team, Even up to lvl 90 full team, we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. 3-4 hours later, Trash king pops up, but in that amount of time all the Lvl 150+s come up and start buffing, ooh iam sure u can guess what happens next, yes The lvl 150+ team total slaughters the trash king and makes a 4 hour wait for nothing, iam not the only one this has happened to, many many people i know are down right pissed about this. and ive had enough of it.I worked really really really hard to get all my pieces, and everything for the quest. and i cant complete the quest due to this problem. If you Up the spawn time to 15-20 mins it will even out. the high lvls will get theirs and so will the mid lvls. I dont know what the reasoning was behind putting such a horrid spawn time on the bot, perhaps to reduce camping but in fact uve made it more camped. If you agree with this thread please post on it, a petition u can call It, It NEEDS to be changed, thanks for everyones time... Good bye and Happy hunting.
    Let's Stop Praying for someone to save us....
    And Save Ourselves....
    ~Trillius~ Clansmen Agent

One More Fact About Bugging

Someone starts the second part of the mission the go to Trash king, they cant to any other bots until they've targeted and bugged trash king, of course, The 4 hour wait kinda leaves the Higher levels a bit on the edge they wanna get out of there fast. so what do they do Second trash king spawns, The open fire, and at times he is dead within a matter of seconds, leaving the Buggers without completing their mission and having to wait another 1-4 hours, i know cuz i had to wait 8 hours to start the second part of my mission. geez kinda seems just wrong, dont u think??
    Let's Stop Praying for someone to save us....
    And Save Ourselves....
    ~Trillius~ Clansmen Agent

Setting the spawn to half an hour, or maybe 45 min, would solve the problem and still have it qualify as 'rare' because its the boss. But, TK agros when TKL gets attacked and vice-versa the last time I checked, so they should be moved farther apart also.

I totally agrre with spawn time problem but not for moving TKL apart from TK, TKL=Trash King Lackey, as a lackey, it is supposed to be near its master.
    Atlantean Vanguard Adventurer
    Lost Chapter

"On tue un homme : on est un assassin. On en tue des millions : on est un conquérant. On les tue tous : on est un Dieu."

I totally agree with spawn time problem but not for moving TKL apart from TK, TKL=Trash King Lackey, as a lackey, it is supposed to be near its master.
    Atlantean Vanguard Adventurer
    Lost Chapter

"On tue un homme : on est un assassin. On en tue des millions : on est un conquérant. On les tue tous : on est un Dieu."

The spawn timer should be kept the same, no need to have another Neleb's Robe in the game.

Wait for the servers to go down for whatever reason, then the instant they go back up, call in every guildie you can think of and kill him. That's what I did, and I waited oooo 4 or 5 minutes?
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

How about figuring out a way to make these quests actually challenging without involving camping??

Oh wait, camping is the easy way out.
    Rookie Reno Renegede Raines
    The Madquack
    Enshroud yourself in darkness to escape the fear.
    Various others 176 Enf, 160 Fixer, 150 MP, 140 Agent, 130 Soldier

Re: One More Fact About Bugging

Originally posted by Darkenvy
    Someone starts the second part of the mission the go to Trash king, they cant to any other bots until they've targeted and bugged trash king, of course, The 4 hour wait kinda leaves the Higher levels a bit on the edge they wanna get out of there fast. so what do they do Second trash king spawns, The open fire, and at times he is dead within a matter of seconds, leaving the Buggers without completing their mission and having to wait another 1-4 hours, i know cuz i had to wait 8 hours to start the second part of my mission. geez kinda seems just wrong, dont u think??
    Well i got the experience that everytime i have been there to help some lowbie friends its been Other lowbies that have started shooting on it cause they dont want to loose it... and that happened almost everytime.. the fact is that im there to help lowbies and are not there for the loot myself... im sure this is not only in my case.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Quest mobs should repop every few MINUTES, not every few hours.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

The reason i think mobs are higher timer on is that its Overcamped.. seriously Trash king have gotten nerfed the last times (removed bracers, guns, etc) so it would take down the camping.. and the campment HAS gone down.. you should have seen before..
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Great solution.....

A mob is being camped (obviously that means it has stuff people want).

Instead of upping the spawn time, they just nerf it so it sucks.

Why even program a friggin mob in the first place if you're gonna have to nerf it if people like it. SHEESH.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Bah....

The spawn time on this mob is terrible.

Why do I have to stand around staring at the rather boring scenery in West Athen in order to get this item?

Not only do you have to do it for the 2nd quest you have to repeat the entire thing for the 3rd.

Like Neleb's robe this is a desirable item, but if you want to make something rare make it hard to get by other means rather than making everyone wait around for hours at a time.

It seems all of the nice things you can get in the game require spending inordinate amounts of time doing bugger all.

Nelebs Robe
    Shades of Lubrication
    Dodga / Alvin Quests
    T.I.M.
    Crat Suit
    Corona Armour - Although not quite as bad the dugeon is just not fun.

The point is. People don't like standing around doing bugger all waiting for a mob to spawn.

The only reason I have the Dodga quest complete is because I was asked so many times to help kill the thing.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

The neleb idea is quite a good way to stop camping because you have to work through a dungeon befre you can actually reach the main mpb, prehaps something like that could be done with the trash king

One of the main problems...

...with the Trash King is that it's needed for two entirely seperate quests. This presents a couple of problems for encasing it in a dungeon.

I really think these quests need separating to a certain extent. Maybe have an antenna on top of the Trash Kings palace that you bug for the second quest (makes that part nice and easy). The Lackey can remain standing outside for tagging and killing, at least the spawn time isn't so unreasonable.

Then in order to kill the king you have to fight through the dungeon.

All you need to do then is have seperate instances of the dungeon spawn like what happens with shops.

So, every 20 minutes a new instance spawns, maybe you need a key to return to a specific version if you leave, but that's the same model used for missions isn't it? You can get the key by operating a door handle on the outside or talking to a bot guarding the entrance (or even killing a bot guarding the entrance).

To be honest it'd be really nice to have an item that is challenging to get without having to queue for hours and hope you're not out damaged.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide