Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roots

Uh .

Roots land?

90% of the time they fail ;P

Roots are a pain in the ass.

Melee classes do *not* do more damage than ranged ones, not everyone uses a support beam or can get UVC

All the same, I do fine. I'd like more damage as my output is embarassing compared to say ... a CHS.

I resist a lot of roots and the ones that I don't resist I can break somewhat easily. I'd like to see the QL / nanocost of the root come into play, as Coldstrike pointed out, it's not really balanced at all.

Right now, the fix is just to zone and recharge nano. In a duel I'd get hosed quickly I think, but I don't duel a lot.
    Last edited by Arinia; Jul 22nd, 2002 at 02:07:31.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

If you're a melee class and can't outdo a CHS then you are right, you do have some issues.

Not everyone can bump up Nano resist by 800 like Enforcers. Hm, wonder why agents don't try that...

The next profession that can get a high nano resist would be ... Fixer in GA IV.

Wonder what profession would be nerfed first if they got nano resist working right...
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Highjack
    This must have been posted by a low level player.

1. Roots are EASILY broken by using a general debuff, like sneak attack inexperience, and casting it on yourself once or twice.

2. The debuff nano actually takes no more time to cast than the root takes to cast. As such, you can break roots just about as fast as they can be casted.

3. Melee classes do more damage than ranged so any damage you miss out on while rooted, you make up for the second you break the root and get in range.

4. The very act of attacking a rooted target, breaks the damn root.

5. At high levels, roots are nearly worthless since they break so easily in combat.
    lvl 178 ma. guess you can call that low lvl.

1: yes you can use an exploit to break a root. but your root just as fast as you break em. AND they don't break everytime.

3. NO melee classes don't do more damage then ranged clases.
    atleast i dont do.

4. no roots don't break when your hit. i don't know wher you read they do. but they don't. 1800 aim shoot and still just as rooted says they dont.

5. at high lvl's suposed that's higher then 178. has alot of nano pool. so they can cast that ql 7 root allday.

i have trouble beating fixers,nt's,traders, and crats becaurse they can root me. making my weapons ineficient.
    as i staded i have faded and bright nano res imps and capped nano res. for title lvl. ie a lvl 189 dont get higher nano res then i do.

ps. havent fought an agent lately.

I honestly think any melee class should smoke *any* ranged class (exception soldier) if they stand there toe to toe the whole time.

And generally, with the exception of the fixer this is for the most part true.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

It is gay when someone can cast a newbie root over and over to keep someone at a distance and kill them. And no, root does not always break when the target is hit.

Perhaps make root work based on it's QL versus the targets level. Like a QL 100 root could work on a level 200, but not a ql 7 one.

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Not everyone can bump up Nano resist by 800 like Enforcers. Hm, wonder why agents don't try that...
    761 resist here.. i guess.. with tattos i would easily require 800

+20 each

RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Illith

4. no roots don't break when your hit. i don't know wher you read they do. but they don't. 1800 aim shoot and still just as rooted says they dont.

5. at high lvl's suposed that's higher then 178. has alot of nano pool. so they can cast that ql 7 root allday.

Wrong and WRONG.

Roots break when you attack the target. Maybe not with first hit, but within 3 hits, root is GONE.

I'm 176. I cannot cast roots "all day". An MA will still have plenty of nano left to heal once I've run out of nano casting my ****ty root.

Hello,

Im nt so I do Root alot (or trying todo that) in pvp. You are right that ppls just use the lowest root to hold a melee class on disctance. That should be changed. I wonder why the rooter professions get a line of roots and use the lowest possible to save nano cost.
    I know its kinda odd to be rooted and to use the "exploid" (incomp.). But see it from a rooter profession. They "just" use her main skills. So they dont do any wrong. Fc just need to get the Nr working correctly and need to get a working root ql check.

Just my toughts ...
    --Tibanna
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell

Wrong and WRONG.

Roots break when you attack the target. Maybe not with first hit, but within 3 hits, root is GONE.

I'm 176. I cannot cast roots "all day". An MA will still have plenty of nano left to heal once I've run out of nano casting my ****ty root.
    actually you have more nano then me. and i bet your low lvl root are cheaper then the debuff im forced to exploit to survive. and it's basically try to break free of stay rooted for 8s. and heal. so i bet you i'll run out of nano long before you do.

i dont see why se a rule for roots. like ql 7 can only root up to 100 nr. or something. so you have to use better roots as you target higher lvl players.

So they become even more worthless? I almost don't even use them against MAs and Enforcers even now since they're such pieces of **** and break so easily.

Make them so you have to use the most expensive versions and you might as well just remove the damn things from the game since we have to cast the crap every 10 seconds.

This is one of FC's answers to the MA-report DaveDread and Filik sent them:

Q:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MA's are very very vunerable to roots. General debuffs are considered a temporary solution. Is this intended?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:
    Martial Artists are by design meant to be vulnerable to roots. Close combat based players will find that (ranged weaponry is still available to MAs however). The debuffs breaking root is a bug and will be fixed.

This means, We are supposed to just stand there and take damage. This isn't just bad to us Ma's (even though we will suffer most from this "fix"), but to those melee-using adventurers too.
    Well, no more PvP'ing against NT's, Crats, Traders and Fixers then...
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

1: yes you can use an exploit to break a root. but your root just as fast as you break em. AND they don't break everytime.

atleast i dont do.

i have trouble beating fixers,nt's,traders, and crats becaurse they can root me. making my weapons ineficient.
    as i staded i have faded and bright nano res imps and capped nano res. for title lvl. ie a lvl 189 dont get higher nano res then i do.

ps. havent fought an agent lately.
    Get a ranged weapon illy, I'm getting a bow for my MA 5 points a lvl, can almost fully imp it. I'd imagine the satisfaction of a NT/Crat/Fixer/Agent/Trader chain rooting you would be diminished when they suddenly have a Bow shooting, UVC packing, p*ssed off MA on there tail Tho I;d imagine a few may root and run if they get low anyway, however you do in that case have the satisfaction of shouting "Run FOREST RUUUUUUN" Er and a trader would just drain any ideas of switching or indeed doing dmg at all right out of the picture. But I shall not comment on trader drains in a oe system we have now....

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

atleast i dont do.
    Ahahaha.. That's a new one.

MAs that level do the same damage on regular punches as my CHS. They do the same crit damage as my CHS. They punch at capped speed, while my CHS is slightly under capped speed. They have over 40% crit, I'm lucky if I have half that.

So yes, I would say you out damage a soldier..

Hajk, I meant Enforcers can get an easy 800 over everyone else.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

bows suck. for now at least. unless pow bows actually start droppin more (lvl 200 and have never seen a pow bow) or schyulars get fixed or reet techs get a bit of a dmg upgrade..they are only basically good for a quick alpha.

and with over 900 bow skill my bow only hits a fixer maybe 1 out of 4 lol.

they are basically currently useless.

If you're a melee class and can't outdo a CHS then you are right, you do have some issues.

Where you insulting him/her or just making a point?

Cuz Ql 200 implants for 1hb.
    Maxed 1hb.

Best 1hb weapons really for an enforcer.
    Add tokens/rings/any special items blah blah 1050 attack rating.

Do challenger for more attack rating.

I dont see myself doing good.
    Infact mongo is so stupid, its unusable in camalot with all the god damn clan-omni soldier / nuetrals with auto ATTACK! AAAAAGH!

Save the enforcer!

In case you guys didn't know this...

Roots have a 50% chance to break when the target is hit. That is what Funcom said after they nerfed root during beta. I think roots never used to break at all.

Hmm, do people actually ask to have roots unbreakable? Are you stupid or something? You think you should be able to beat anyone with lower range than you just by casting one nano and walking out of range? Maybe you should try thinking for a second..

Roots are powerful enough as it is, and beleive me, breaking them takes a lot more effort than casting them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast