Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Any news for soldiers from FC??

Post Any news for soldiers from FC??

New patch 14,6. Could be time for some new things for the soldiers...

Aimabel - Soldier RK2

we wish....
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Heya Aimabel , nothing new for soldiers alas, tho we may be getting one of our hp buffs nerfed . Check back in another month and the news might be a little better.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

j00 |33 |_||33r 1 54y!

give soldiers something plz funcom, before I commit suicide

A 185 soldier in my guild told me there is going to be full auto buffs, more gun masteries, and some other good stuff for soldiers. I don't know what his source is yet...maybe there are preliminary notes somewhere? ill ask him
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

erg.

I read that Soldiers are gonna be getting some more weapons (when I heard it, i believe it was mentioned that the weapons were in test server). I could be wrong, though, since I can't seem to find any posts regarding new soldier weapons.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

I had no high hope...

But If some new buff's was comming.... I would have been more than happy. The "Only you, Only me" - does that work for u?? I am using it, without any response from the mob...! Would be nice if any know anything about that.

Aimabel - Soldier RK2

Welcome to the Soldier's World.
    Check the soldiers Forum, where the Professionals answers and concerns from the Soldier Community basically get another STFU.

Here are the two redundant answers from FC :
    1. "We're looking into it."
    2. "Who knows what the future may hold ?"

The only new confirmed stuff coming is the new buffs. And let me tell you this : "Soldiers are the masters of ranged weaponry" translates to me as an AR of 1500 at the highest lvls. This is never gonna happen. All you can hope for is like a buff which adds like 150-200 to ARs, which will result in a mere 1150-1200 AR max. A fixer my lvl already have 1030 AR using a suppressor. I have 930 using a CHS.

Come back and check in 3-6 months, thank you.

We're looking into it.
    - Scarlito -

Oh yes an AR buff would do the trick i mean , if a doc is the master healing and an ma is the master of close combat, and the fixer is master of speed and evades. and the trader is " nerfed"
    And the adven is the master of morfing . and the agent is the master if stealing other ppls skills and a 100%crit buff .and on on and on....

Well what is the soldier the master of again???
    oh yes a nerfed out mkx that after lvl 160 i dont ever use.
    im sorry but if a Ma can cast UVC on him self wich should be a crit for fist/kick attack only then . I " a soldier " should beable to cast a self only uvc typ Ranged weapon only crit buff...

I mean who in the hell at FC gave the agent that 100% crit what a f...ing joke agents sneak and ninja loot and use other classes skills.......

if any class should have a crit buff it should be a soldier hands down..
    after all they are not just the masters of ranged weapons .. but warfair...

And being the masters of ranged attack we should have a buff that keeps our attackers out of close combat range " Root "
    and a weapon Debuff would be nice....

so damn it FC!!!!! give us our love

just one of my thoughts..
    im sure most of you think soldiers are just fine the way they are..
    okay if that so , would you play one to lvl 200 ?
    none of you who have docs, agents, fixers.. would ever play one

Synliquad lvl 171 soldier RK2
    Speeddlr lvl 141 trader " nerfed" RK2
    Last edited by Synliquad; Jul 21st, 2002 at 21:25:33.

Bumpetibump!
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

Arrow Now I just sit and wait !!

Soon Cosmik or Cz is going to tell us that such threads don't belong on the Next Patch forum. We should just post such matter on the Soldiers forum! I have written some soldier stuff before in the same type of forum. Since they did not read the soldier forum. And one of the answers from Cz or Cosmik was that they would consider closing the thread, after they earlier in the thread had told us that they would use it as a reference on soldier issue. But when to many did post in that thread, they did get angry on the numbers of soldiers that respond. In a period that threat was one of the most read and written.

I had a break from AO since Easter-2002. And have now just started to play again 5 month later. I have managed to get a new Albrecht-tank and a Div9. I guess that that covers almost all the new item that does any good to the soldiers. We don’t need coats longer witch I feel is positive. The Div9 is a fairly good weapon and soldiers only. There is some new armour around that is Special/Nodrop. I think I would look into that to later.

I have a sneaky feeling that the “Only you, only me”-buff don’t work. I can’t see that it draw any attention away from nearly dead teammates. So I guess that is not working as planed. Of course the levelling is better after team missions have been redone. I did level from 163 up to level 167 on 4 days. That is a tempo I feel is ok.

But when I see a thread I start, so fast get so much response from other soldiers, I get a feeling of anger growing against FC. A profession that have not get any major new changes since the game started. The only thing we have been “mended” on is major reduction on our shields and other advantage we had in this game from start. And of course they have put some few buffs in order, after they was showed to be broken from the start. So Cosmik and Cz feel free to write an answer to us on this thread, where u is telling us that this doesn’t belong to the Next Patch thread. That is all the response I am able to hope from u J

Aimabel – Soldier RK2

Unhappy YEAH... its Our turn!

It must soon be the Time for soldiers to get some love...

And Funcom... if u are out of ideas, if u dont know what to do...
    READ THE SOLDIER FORUMS.... theres TONS of ideas to use...

and.. yeah... BUMP!

Btw... it is true... FC has told us they we are getting new buffs, but i dont feel that will do it.

some more buffs to weapon skills whont make our chances better in PvP, people will STILL use most of our weapons, and we will still look like Clones of every 1 and there mom!

Besides.. the response was like... "some time in the future, dont know when, u will be getting now nanos".
    this is a WERY old promis FC! when will we get them?
    Last edited by Sarv; Jul 22nd, 2002 at 19:34:46.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

I don't believe in turns for profession 'love'

I do feel the soldier profession has been over nerfed/ignored for too long though.

You read my mind about attack rating tho Scar...

So, up you go.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Yes they should give us soldiers some changes now - cause I don't want to see a eng fighting with a gun and he is doing the same dmg as me - but he still has his bot and he is doing damage too - so a eng will do much more damage as me and next thing is he will not be attacked cause his bot gets all the aggro. I don't want to hear that a lvl 100 crat or a eng kill the bots of alvins 3rd mission and I didn't have any chance to kill the bots for my own - and I'm 20 lvls higher. Soldiers are fighters or? So why do most of the other classes more dmg than we? Some other example: I started a mp class now. Thats funny casting a pet and do the /pet hunt command. I sit somewhere and the only thing i have to do is waiting. My pet will do all the work for me - thats realy easy. With my Soldier I attack a mop - killing him and have to sit and wait for healing. Stand up kill one! mop again and sit, wait and heal. Stand up - kill one mop - sit and heal etc... Sometimes I have to use my mk shield cause the mop is stronger than me - other time I have to run out of the mission zone and heal outside. My mp only sit and wait till his ped do all the work. Could this be? I lvled much faster with a mp as I ever lvd with my sol before!

Please Funcom Soldiers are realy underpowered! Look we are a fighting class so why do you made us so weak?
    Last edited by Whitesand; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 03:04:52.

Angry

Yes FC

We want our Day !!! it's time for some real ideas , not some wishy washy report...

We are soldiers that should make us the highest dmg dealers in the game with Ranged weapons..
    but still we are not.. throwing us some new lil buffs isnt gonna help.

things that will IMOP
    1. ranged uvc typ crit buff.
    2. some sort of soldier root " some thing that makes our attackers stay out of melee attack range.
    3. a higher attack rateing .. at lvl 171 im still gimped with a 900 attack rateing but . the fixer " master of evades and speed" has a higher then 1100 evade at my lvl with around the same attack rateing hmmm what could be wrong with this FC ???
    4. try to listend to us a little bit more after all . we are the ones spending hundreds of hours playing this game.
    dont you think the people playing on the live server would know just a little bit more about how things realy work there???
    start a thred on all the other profestions and ask them " what do you think of a soldier and his roll in the game"

most of the long term hard core ppl would tell you " they are under powerd and easy prey"

5. if your not going to fix us then . offer us a profestion change..

End

Synliquad lvl 171 soldier
    Speeddlr " nerfed" lvl 144 trader

PS im not going to post in the soldier forum . i want the other classes to see how we realy feel about our gimp roll in the game
    Last edited by Synliquad; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 03:20:35.

*A bump to keep this thread on top*
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

Strange thing is happends....

The complete absent from answers from FC in any soldier thread is strange. I did read in agent forum. Where Cosmik was asking after a thread he had lost track on. Do any of u soldiers see any question from him in the soldier forum on threads and posts he had lost track on?? Not me!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...631#post575631

Please help my n00b arse.
    I'm looking for a thread that was posted on this Agent board. In it the original poster asks questions about skills and whether increasing them has any affect on performance, using Aimed Shot as an example (and a number of other questions). It got a few pages of replies. Anyone know where that is?

I have Mondaymorningiotis.

I suggest we sodliers do make us visible in a protest. How about all soldiers on both RK1 and RK2 send one petition at the same time each day, until some in FC start talking with us about this problem?. Then the system with petition would be effectivly knocked out?? Just an idea to make our point on this matter

Aimabel - Soldier RK2

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast