Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need a /busy

Post We need a /busy

I think a /Busy command would be a great idea. When you don't want to be bothered you have little choice here. /afk doesn't stop the tells from rolling it and sometimes add some nice spam to your screen. How many people want to actually ignore everyone on there list JUST to have some time to be to themselves?

If I miss tells on the rare occasion that I'm hunting. People think I'm rude. If I'm in a meeting and get 343423423 tells while I'm afk for it. People think I'm rude.

A /busy command that blocks any incoming tells to you at all would make so many peoples life easier here and cut down huge amounts of stress. (Sadly, those one of a kind MT's might be avoided as well.- oh well. Take the good with the bad )

Thanks for listening!
    Thyme
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

I think this is a great idea...
    I know the ARK's have a command that does the same, if you're not on their friend list, you receive an automated response. Just have it where it does it for everyone.

I get swamped with tells all the time, and to be honest most of the time it ruins whatever fun I'm having, a /busy command can simply send a message to the person sending saying "This user is currently busy, please try again later" Or something similar....Too many people get flooded with tells on a daily basis to truely be able to enjoy their time, adding this feature which is already in existance in one form would help out a great many people.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

Please Funcom, free us from tell-hell!
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

Good idea, and having it accept an argument would be nice too, so you could do "/busy Sorry, I'm in a meeting right now." or something, and put in the reason you're busy.
    Vashti "Zikra" Clemente
    Intelligence Operative - SPARTA

Mwerevu, Meta-Physicist

Beware of pretty faces that you find / a pretty face can hide an evil mind!

Thumbs up Good idea

That'd work! - Most of my time in AO is spent in meetings and similar, but I'm still busy with a lot of guild stuff and friends. I'd like to be able to help all out, but I'm only able to keep track of 237 people talking to me at once, not 238 - I'd like to be able to tell people that I'd gladly respond to them at a later time via an auto-reply, and not receiving their tells - it could also be combined with a feature I saw in a bot once, where you could stock up messages, sort of like a mail-box, so when you were busy, the messages would go into this box, and afterwards you could make a simple command to check out what is in there, and collect it maybe little by little, so you don't get 2000 tells after you take off busy - Then we wouldn't miss those great mt's either - Of course you could also block them alltogether, but I personally would prefer to be able to get them afterwards. After all, it's able to cache them when we're not online till we get back, right?...

Great idea Thyme :-)

Sounds like a good idea to me, going afk doesn't help much, people will bug you anyway, I hate hutning and missing messeges in battlespam only to be bothered about it later from some angry person
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

great idea

Either that, or some option in the Friends area that would simply allow you to appear offline to everyone.

Personally, I'd rather have the /busy as suggested, with an argument.

/busy team mission, try me later
    /busy guild meeting 8:00-9:00 tell me afterwards

would save alot of aggravation on everyone's part.

don't know which of the above would be harder for funcom to implement though.
    - Machiavelli - RK1 Clan Bureaucrat

Under "Other, Additional Information" I listed "main is bureaucrat"

Good idea. You will see no tells on your screen but the person /tell 'ing you would get "Soandso is busy at the moment"

Thumbs up Great idea!

"Battlespam." That's good!
    "Injections for everyone! My treat!"

I'd like to see that!! I'd also like to see a /anon EQ style : )

If Thyme doesn't know I'm on, she won't be conspiring to get me to send her embarrasing mistells.

/me grins mischievously at her boss
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Exclamation Bumpin

Seriously! We need a /busy!

We have comm's yes? So how do you turn the damned thing off? We can turn all the other channels off but, how do we hit the off switch on our comm's?

Is such a social game there needs to be a /busy to give even the biggest of chatters a rest. Please think about it funcom!!!

And Ditzie dear even if the do get a /busy command. I will still conspire to get those wonderful MT's. You know I dont give up THAT easy , silly rabbit!!!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Boss,

Even if you did catch me, chances are you'd get a mt loaded with so much sacharine that it would put you into diabetic shock. And I just couldn't continue with that on my conscience.

/me puts an extra insulin stim in her backpack

Please FC, help save Thyme from a dibilitating sugar overload and give us /busy and /anon.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Lightbulb support bump

Bump
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

We DO have /anon

I'm not at all sure that it blocks /tell's from people, but we certainly do have /anon in AO right now.

Regards,
    Scelto.

Re: We DO have /anon

Originally posted by Scelto
    I'm not at all sure that it blocks /tell's from people, but we certainly do have /anon in AO right now.

That only stops you from showing up in the area. Say I wanted to sneak into Babs and catch Ditzie and Nevver in a whipser.

All I would do is /anon and go in. If either of them did a /list my name wouldnt show. BUT it doesnt take you off anyones friends list. Still shows you online.

This is where a /anon (offline to all) And a /busy (no incomming tells) would help them out the most.

Ta-Da!

Oh- yeah. Bump.
    *~*THYME*~*

Arrow Shameless bump

I'm really hoping for a /busy command!!!

I know a few higher lvl friends that can't sit and hang out without constant tells for buffs. Even when they tell others they are taking a break with friends- still constant stream of tells to where they get fustrated. It's not that they want to ignore these people - just a few moments of time to there self without feeling like they must reply.

The /busy would give them the few hours break that they much deserve.

So - up with this one.

*~*THYME*~*

We all know how busy Thyme is

I am acctually all for this command... not that anyone msgs me anyway *cries softly*
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

I think the "voice mail" idea is tops and as no FC ppl have commented on this thread I have left a trail of cookies for Cosmik
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

/me leaves bigger cookie ......
    bumpage
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Arrow Bumpin.

And.. Its not like players could use this to hide from ARKS or GM's.
    I know for a fact there is a way that FC could make it to where players would get the " Thyme is Busy" and no tells get thru - but an ARK or GM wouldnt get that message and would be able to speak with the player. .....Just in case you were wondering.

Can you tell I think that the /busy is a hell of an idea? I'm not sure why with all the social aspects of AO - they dont offer that one.

*sighs*
    Anyway - - Bumpin.
    *~*THYME*~*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast