Thread: XP Wipe / Removial All Items (Implants/Armor/etc.)

IP Wipe / Removial All Items (Implants/Armor/etc.)

Well as I have been reading the various boards a few ideas and solutions seem to keep popping up.

1) A compleat IP wipe. Removing every single Experance Point from all of our allocations and putting them back in the General Buffer to be reapplied where ever we want to put them. This would scilence all of those who have been gipped in their xp allocation and then had the rulls change or have been nerfed. i.e. the great Two-Handed-Pillow debate.

2) Remove all equiped Items, Worn Items, and Implanted Items, and return them to your bag. If propper warnings were given to everyone to make room for these items or simply increase the room of the individuals back pack to accomidate the extra items. This would solve many of the Stacking issues, Pillow issues, Implant Issues.

I don't know if this would help or just make things worse... Talk about it and hopefully the Powers that be will see our words and add their two cents worth as well.

FowlHogg
    HOGG4LIFE
    Last edited by Fowl; Dec 13th, 2001 at 00:02:24.

You mean IP.

This would result in a lot of players quitting. I would normally say 'good riddance' but with all the people that have already left due to bugs and bad customer service, I don't think the game could survive the loss.

Scorus

1) you mean IP wipe, it will never happen! If they do it then they have to do it every major change they make. They would never do it. (xp wipe would put us all at level 1 again hee hee)

2) this is not really a solution to the problem. I have the treatment for 125 implants, but I could *could* put in 200's with the newest way to stack treatment. Get Q125, Q170,q200 treatment implants. With the 125's in I can put in the 170's which let me put in the 200's. Now I have all the treatment I would evern need and can install Q200 implants in all but two locations (can put a 200 in the faded treatment spot).

I dont know what you mean by "stacking" issues, I assume you mean stacking buffs which you can still do (unless your talking about stacking debuffs until you get superstats) and the pillow issue is a joke. Only reason they are picking on pillow users is because they can SEE them, everyone else gets off scot free.. fair? no.

These posts have surfaced in the past, been there done that ... wont happen.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Fowl:

Imagine all the skill wrangling that would suddenly be needed! Are you a trader trying to earn enough cash to buy that Yamalha?

All kidding aside, it's a good issue to discuss. I do believe it is fair to allow reallocation of specific skills when it can be shown that:

1) the character actually owned the nerfed item (pillow, FA pistols, etc)
    2) player had invested IPs to equip it (i.e. loot in your bag does not qualify you)

I would not want to see it turn into a "escape bad decisions" card for players that did not think through their IP allocation decisions. For example, I actually put a few IP into multi ranged because I didn't really understand it. If FC nerfed some multi-ranged weapon (and maybe I had one even in my pack as loot) I don't deserve to get those IP back.
    Txxx
    Clan Fixer
    Rubi-Ka 2

Suggestions?

It still seems that funcom could make the most people happy by allowing a limited IP wipe. i.e. only allowing a certain number of IPs to be taken out per week/month/level or make it cost money/xp etc.

As for unequipping everything people have. My suggestion here is that funcom simply says, "Look, we're going to unequip everybody every 6 months (or 3 months, or year, whatever) to keep the game balanced for everyone". That way nobody's surprised, and as long as the time for the unequip is noted by everyone it'd be just fine.

not to mention the fact that traders would just love that cash.

wipe...

funcom should give everyone a free three months, institute a system that works, and start over.

this would be fair.

however...this would also drive away about 90 percent of the player base including myself.

funcom should have had the first three "non-beta" months free with the expectation that the servers would be wiped and started over in conjuction with the story line. then all of these balance issues and other player issues would have been spotted and resolved prior to entering the story. but, as we all know, this wasn't done.

i've found that funcom lacks foresight. it seems to be a company that is pretty good in determining what is wrong and trying to fix it after a large number of people are affected by it...but it isn't good and figuring out what is going to be a problem prior to it being implemented and heading off problems at the pass.

as a result we have balance issues, and mission issues, and equipment issues, and people who have 1000 tokens and ql200 implants due to obvious exploits. we have a large group of people who take advantage of "over equiping" and another large group who seem to be unable to do so. we have entire series of armors and weapons that are mysteriously pulled from the game, and skills that have been changed from blue to green without reimbursing the IPs spent for the now green skills.

you wanted anarchy online...that's what we've got.

we seem to have a conglomeration of software developers and game writers that have a lovely idea...but dont' take the time to think things through prior to throwing something together.

now...i will admit, that the latest patch was very nice. not that many bugs, and certainly nothing drastic. but no matter what funcom does, it is going to be impossible to change the great errors that have already been made without alienating most of the population of rubi-ka.

all of the ideas on making drastic changes may bring balance to the game...but at what cost?

patch 12.6 was supposed to make it so that over equiping would no longer be possible. however, there was such a backlash to that idea that funcom dropped it.

wiping ips or de-equiping everyone would do the same exact thing.

this reminds me of a MUD i used to play called alexmud.

when i first played it there were about 100 players a night...
    the implementors tried to balance the game so they "fixed" the professions...and half the player base left.
    the implementors tried to balance the game so they "fixed" equipment...and half of the remaining players left.
    the implementors tried to make game more stable so they "fixed" the code...and now there are about 7 'players.'

sure...balance is good, but at what cost?

any of these drastic suggestions would do a tremendous amount to bring balance to the game...but i feel that most people would be too frustrated at the thought that all of their hard work has gone down the drain...and they would leave. i probably would.

I think FC has missed the point completely of what a RPG should be. RPG's are never balanced. They are 'balancing' this game for PvP only. This wouldn't be a problem if PvP'ing was a intergal part of the story. BUT, seeing as how PvP has absolutely nothing to do with the story in AO, they are doing this 'balancing' to make the first person style doom players happy. If I wanted a 'balanced' game like FC wants, I would go buy the new Wolfenstein game and go multiplayer with that. If doing an IP wipe would solve all these problems, I would be all for it. I think the only people we would loose would be the first person shooters. But, and the biggest thing here, is that you are still not fixing the problem. and the problem here, is that FunCom has no freaking idea what an RPG should be. Case in point, nanotechs at level 150 getting their a**es handed to them by players at a lower level or even higher. Youre telling me Gandalf would ever get taught a lesson that bad by Gimli?? HELL FREAKING NO. Do they not have fantasy or RPG games over in Sweden or whereever these guys are from? Looks like they dont compared to their product.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato