Thread: Message to nowhere

Message to nowhere

A dark corner in Omni Trade, patrolls long since passed, the hacker worked diligently; typing a message to every screen, message service and gridmail in all of the Omni Cities. A beautiful hack, but sadly would only last for a few moments on any public screens. They might have to look into the Public Address systems so the message would play for a while...or it seemed like it might anyway.

Looking around sadly, the upload began. Some static announced over the PA system before a soft spoken forlorn voice echoed some words:

I wanted you to hear this message and know that there are people there that remember your courage and determination in the clans. There are people out there who have driven themselves crazy looking for you.

Times are different today... I believe you would be met with equal parts of admiration, curiosity and hatred were you to come back. None of that matters. We have not forgotten you.
    Last edited by Astera; May 27th, 2005 at 06:19:03.

Inside of a scarcely illuminated room Legaron sat on a metal chair at a table. A pad in front of him was connected to a plug in the wall by a long thin cable.
    He went through the news archives and random address systems by searching for specific names and words using his NCU and brain symbiant to show the archives directly in his mind. He was very used to reading things, watching holos and images within his contiousness. He hardly ever did anything on a normal screen anymore. 'Takes too much time and effort' he thought.
    However the pad in front of him served for a different puprose. He wouldnt want to connect the information on it to himself in any wich way. It had to be secure and without any trace of link.
    It seemed as his eyes blinked differently coloured lights sometimes. Like a morse code tapping away small flashes of light. But it was just the data flowing inside of his mind and sometimes onto his eye implant so that he could read through the files and take a look at the datapad in front of him simultaniously.
    The datapad showed some activity...Words and sentences started to line up on the half empty pad.
    As soon as he saw it Kyarash blinked his eyes and "turned to normal".
    He read the message that went through the public screens and address systems.
    He smirked with a tint of surprise.

"Woho...she actually did it..."

He bit his lower lip softly and pulled a cigaret from the small carbonum pack on the table next to the datapad and lit it. He chuckled softly and looked at the wall in thought speaking to himself.

"That was faster than I imagined it to be..."

He inhaled the smoke and blew it out upward at the sealing.
    While watching the smoke circle the air he nodded and mumbled...

"Freedom has a colour...And war has a diety..."

For some minutes all he did was smoke and laugh.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"