Thread: Why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, im a Lv 54 MA. I was running back from the s/w mine in lush field to lush resort (bashing muties for quick cash as my time in missions this week has been laughable).

I was close to lush resort, when i got a msg 'You are attacked by a Virulent Minibull'. ITS GREY !!!!! They have NEVER attacked when grey before !! Anyway, i ran from it (couldnt be assed to kill it for a measily 1xp). Went to Harrys and was attacked by a whole herd of the rollerrat family.....

FUNCOM WHATS GOING ON !! Sort this crap out !

Cool

I kept getting attacked by Virulent Minibulls also. No bigger though since they are grey and I outrun them.

Thumbs down

Yah i can outrun them n all that, its just ridiculous that they put back things they have fixed....

Why not just tell them what the problem is rather than rant and rave as though it's some kind of conspiracy by Funcom to make you mad. I am pretty sure that FC did not delibrately "unfix" the problem.

Joe,

New around here? :] Funcom has often fixed and unfixed things in patches and forgotten to include them in the patch notes. They have also left item descriptions that they knew were untrue in an incorrect state, most notably portable clinics and rings of power (though I haven't checked either since 13.0). They have recently been very adept at using the phrase "that is working as intended" (which was a phrase used frequently in the old Paranoia RPG scenarios, now that I think about it).

And as far as ranting and raving, it has been proven time and again as the best way to get an answer here.

Scorus

She/he did describe it pretty well. Greys attack. They did not do that some days ago, and they shouldn't. The change that greys would not piss people of all the time was properly announced and it was a nice change.

We players don't know exactly why Funcom manages to make these 'unfixes', so that is probably all the info you'll get.

There is no reason for a gray to attack you, at least not alone. It's just annoying to have to kill them. Just running will probably just lead them to a newbie or something.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

By the way, why are you posting this on the coming up board? Could everyone please post threads where they belong...
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Angry hmm

Perhaps cos im HOPING for an 'UP COMING' REFIX ???!?!?!?!?!?!

Duh.....

I was under attack in a mission, I exited and a guard killed me.
    First time that happened to me ..
    fix this please

Minibulls

well they are virulant. Meaning they're sick or ill, which means they will probably put common sense off to the side and attack anything that gets near them. i don't see a big problem with this in fact it tends to add to the immersiveness of the game in my opinion. Why should a Virulant Minibull NOT attack anything it comes upon.

consider it like Cujo on steroids.

Red face hmm

What is the main reason ppl play MMORPGS? To get away from the mundane annoyancies in life......if the game was that realistic, ppl wouldnt play it....lol

Welp

if the game is that UNrealistic it's kinda pointless to play it. it may bother you a little bit, esp. if your not a roleplayer, but for me the change is quite nice and it's not like they CONSTANTLY attack, my lvl 55 ma has been attacked 3 times in 9 mission runs. takes all of 30 seconds to put them down. so i don't see the problem.

Maybe so Thug, but if you remember way back, Funcom patched and made greys not attack. This was from the sheer number of players asking for this.

The thing i am trying to explain (which you seem to have missed the point of) is that Funcom keep undoing 'fixes'

Anyway, whether this game should be realistic or not, is up to the individual, and not something i am going to start going into now.....
    Variety is the ****E of life!

Hmm... sorry if I'm wrong.....

But I remember that those Virulent Minibulls had been damm aggressive all along.

Yes... it's even after the patch where Greys no longer aggroes..

I always get attacked by them along the Athen's road leading to The Longest Road.

They had either forgotten to fix the aggro for this monster, or had intended it to be this way.

It's just a small annoyance... those bulls are quite harmless now. (they were bad during the "take it easy" era where u get bugged terrible when u outrun any mob).

Question hmm

They never used to attack me when i ran from Lush Resort to S/W mines...

Interesting....
    Variety is the ****E of life!

Other strange things happen

Just outside Rising sun in Aegan I got attacked by a clan NPC red to my neutral adv. I outran him with no problem, but he shouldnt attack me. This had been fixed a few weeks after release. Now its back! Watch your back neutrals! You could loose your xp to a highlevel NPC all of a sudden now!

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Virulent Minibulls have been agressive to me the past few months no matter how grey they are. I always get aggroed when I get close enough. Only thing that changes is the range that they aggro at. It's just something about that particular mob. No other mob aggros when it's grey that I can think of (besides mission greys).
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

In 4 Holes there's a mission entrance guarded by a Master Clan Sniper.

He hit my flying 73 MP for 1100 in one shot!

Since I really wanted the reward from the mission, I gave it another try and made it into the mission. Of course, there wasn't any way of leaving with him outside, but at least I got in.