Thread: Society of Sound Weekend Wipeout Listener Appreciation Event

Exclamation Society of Sound Weekend Wipeout Listener Appreciation Event

Borealis, Rubi-Ka May 15,24978 - SOSND

Society of Sound (RKSE:SOSND), Rubi-Ka's public access radio station released full details of it's upcoming "Weekend Wipeout Listener Appreciation Weekend" today.. Founder Otori was heard to comment, on air, that "It will be held in Newland City, Newland City Proper - so that everyone can come." The party, which is meant to be a chance for listeners of the station to hear DJ's which they may not normally get to because of scheduling conflicts, is off to a great start.

Skylaras, DJ of "Sky's No Fly Zone" is said to be doing most of the organization for the event. "The brunt of the hard work is done now, now we need to focus on getting the public informed, and get more organizations on board for what we think is going to be an exciting event." she was heard to comment.

The party, which is planned to have 48 hours of live DJ's, is being held in Newland City as an open air block party. Everyone on Rubi-Ka is invited to attend, and with organizations like Omni-Pol, Society of Salvation and Whisper's Edge already on board, it looks like it could be a large event. Unity of the Rose has graciously offered to help host poker tables, most likely held at the local nightclub, Neuters’ R Us.

Renzi, who DJ's a weekly show called "The Eclectic Hour" had this to say. "I really think it'll be a blast. There will be slow spots, and busy times I’m sure, but it’ll be fun regardless.”

Advertising should start to appear in the Atlantean Buzz ((this is going to be an Atlantean event only, due to lack of Society of Sound resources existing on Rimor at this time)) and will probably start appearing in private organization’s Gridforums soon afterwards. The full schedule of DJ's will be made public so that people can plan their weekend, although the organizers encourage listeners to try DJ's they may not have heard yet.

A full release of sponsoring organizations will be made closer to the event date as well.

Contacts
    Renzi (renzi@societyofsound.net )
    Otori (otori@societyofsound.net)
    Skylaras (skylaras@societyofsound.net)

Gridsite: http://www.societyofsound.net

Gridforums: http://www.societyofsound.net/forums

About Society of Sound
    Society of Sound (www.societyofsound.net), Rubi-Ka's Quality Choice Radio is Rubi-Ka's only public access radio. While a fledgling station, it has shown drastic growth in the last 3 months and now has over a dozen regular DJ's. Anyone can DJ on Society of Sound, simply head on over to the gridforums and send a PM to Otori, or post in the general topics.

((If you would like a graphical add for you own forums, you can direct link to http://members.shaw.ca/renzinmimi/pics/wwad1.png to always have the latest graphical advert in rotation.))
    Last edited by Renzi; May 23rd, 2005 at 05:59:44. Reason: ((Fixing OOC Brackies))

As much as I hate shameless bumps, I hate them less when they are done just every once in a while.
    Get your Beefjerky here! Yum Yum

Gimme some lub at Society Of Sound:

Tune in and visit Society Of Sound

Remember everyone this begins tonight, hope you all tune in.

Holy Wootage

Wow, after listening to 4 and half hours of DJ Foxferal spinning insanely good electronica, it is time for the Wipeout!

We are in Newland and DJ Otori is about to pick up the first set in a few moments! Come on down and party!

15 hours later and still going strong!! In the middle of DJ Skylaras's set. w00t!!
    Get your Beefjerky here! Yum Yum

Gimme some lub at Society Of Sound:

Tune in and visit Society Of Sound

After a cuople of days to recuperate - wow. What a great event, if you ask me, which you probably didn't. We had lots of DJ's and met our quota of 48 straight hours of live DJ's. It was actually closer to 60, because of DJ's Foxferal, Otori and Loo o directly before and after the event.

The turn out was good, and we met some new folks. Newland was a great location, it didn't even rain any of the time I was there anyway.

Thanks for coming out and supporting us, if you did. If you didn't, well, you really don't know how great a weekend you missed!

I loved tha party! I vote for more events like this!!

Huzzah for SoS!!!

~Sorceress
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union