Thread: re-starting ao: leveling in AO now

re-starting ao: leveling in AO now

Hi all,

i quitted one year before (1 week after 12.6) AO, mainly cause of the lacking highlevel gameplay.
    I came back as i got tired of daoc and wanted to take the 7 days tryout opportunity to see if ao really changed in the points i didnt liked.
    i noticed first happy how much the lag was improved, the client edged, and happy that ao gets more ppl again (reading somewhere on ao page about subscription increase)

after playing a little around i noticed following things:
    - if the ip reset would have been placed in 1 year before a lot ppl would have stayed

- the leveling: it seems that now everyone from nearly every level on uses team missions. now while its very nice that team missions work it seems to have made the landscape completly empty. i dont know if all favor team missions or if its just for the loot, xp and token, but that was the prob "we" had at high levels, only running through missions (ok i know you dont run anymore through them). in short missions were much more boring than the outdoors. the outdoors with this astonishing graphics and the nearly endless landscape.

- as a re-starter these things look odd. i nearly dont see anyone to group with at my level - (yes you could use that chat but i remember it extremly easy to group at the lower levels) + it was the most fun. from 1- 70 you could have a lot fun. saying you started around 7 grouping at west athen, than maybe a little athen shire exp, than norht of tir outpost, than varmit woods (even MKing beatle was funny) than shades etc - and if i could find the guys around my starter level they would i guess want to make team missions, which are like a no thanks for me.

hm!

every answer will be appreciated.

On hunting.....

I would recomend that you take a look in Andromeda.... there have FC added the new "dynacamps".
    It give some indication on whats coming