Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: 1he/2he

Update: 1he/2he

My original intention was to go 1he/1hb but about midway through perk resets I began to think about the pros and cons of each . I was fully perked into Edged Mastery and equipped myself with a QL300 AI hammer. The only damage perk actions I had at the time were Edged Mastery, Form of Troll and Mutate. So I set out to Adonis to kill a heck or two to get an idea where I was at damage wise . I killed the heck in about 48-50 seconds, mind you I was still lacking Champion of Light Infantry and Blunt Mastery. I was satisfied and happy that the 1he perks alone were comparible to 2he.

Then I began to think about being 1he/2he . Both of the perk lines recharged quickly, did good damage and could be easily interchangeable. So I began reperking again and after another few days I had both Reaver and Edged Mastery fully perked. Before I even started fully reperking I went out to Adonis and killed a heck while still fully 2he . I killed it in about 42 seconds. Now that I was 1he/2he I felt it was time to go out to Adonis again and see how fast a heck died. I had ran a few missions prior to this so I was adapted to the change .

I had decided earlier that 2he would be the main line I would be using when I would hit stuff and I would only use 1he to alpha. It takes about 4 seconds to hotswap weapons which is equivalent to about 5000 damage from 2 hits when I am 2he. The 1he perks alone do about 10-11k so the 8 seconds between hotswapping barely makes up for the time . I killed the heck in 64 seconds, then again in 58 seconds both times hotswapping and alphaing 1he. The second time I began to hotswap while Cause of Anger and Arouse Anger were shooting off.

I then decided to just kill the heck with just 2he perks and damage. I am still missing 2 perks from Champion of Heavy Infantry so I was lacking some damage. I killed the heck in 53 seconds . So it seems, that 2he alone is better than hotswapping the two.

Unfortunatly, I did not get the chance to test out the 1he/1hb perks and damage and I really wish I had. But I was at the point where I could make a last minute decision and go 1he/2he so I did .

Your thoughts, feedback or ideas to make this line a bit more faster damage wise is welcome. I'd also like to hear from some of the 1he/1hb Enforcers out there.
    Last edited by Psythe; Aug 19th, 2007 at 13:26:49.

Makes no sense.. cause you will keep hitting when you are busy hotswapping.. so the only problem is that you will be hitting with the 1he for a couple of seconds.

You shouldnt lose 5k.. maybe just 400-500 damage a hit because you were using 1he for the seconds to launch your 1he perks.

I think 1he+2he is worth it more in pvp.. because you will also have sneak to use.
    And dont forget 1he perks recharge way faster than the 2he perks.

2he= 1s swap (wolf)
    1he= 2s swap (mongoose)
    swapping them = 2s

so it would be a total of 4 seconds to swap to 1he and back, right?
    Last edited by Harios; Aug 19th, 2007 at 13:49:25.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Makes no sense.. cause you will keep hitting when you are busy hotswapping.. so the only problem is that you will be hitting with the 1he for a couple of seconds.

You shouldnt lose 5k.. maybe just 400-500 damage a hit because you were using 1he for the seconds to launch your 1he perks.

I think 1he+2he is worth it more in pvp.. because you will also have sneak to use.
    And dont forget 1he perks recharge way faster than the 2he perks.

2he= 1s swap (wolf)
    1he= 2s swap (mongoose)
    swapping them = 2s

so it would be a total of 4 seconds to swap to 1he and back, right?
    I've tested it and I dont hit while I am hotswapping. And no, hotswapping each weapon takes 4 seconds. Dont know if I mentiioned this but I am only swapping 1 Mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    I've tested it and I dont hit while I am hotswapping. And no, hotswapping each weapon takes 4 seconds. Dont know if I mentiioned this but I am only swapping 1 Mongoose.
    ive been useing this setup for a few days now.. and there is no question that u do much more damage with both 1he/2he.. and if u use mongoos or axe hotswop time is faster then 4 seconds.. and u just need to equip it for 2-3 seconds get those perks charged then back to 2he sinec the regular damage of the 1he is really really REALLY Gimp. And u forgot to mention Sneak attack could be 13k. which is more then hotswoping 2-3 times... I have Same sneak attack as the best pvp Advies. so in pvp it is pretty effective,,, but in Pvm u need to raise conceal. but i dont pvm tomuch so wont bother with that.

This setup does insane damage over time..testing the damage on 1 heckler doesnt tell u anything tbh.. because your perk recharge is 50 seconds on 1he, and 1min 40ish on 2he... if u wana compare damage u would need to do a mishion.. and the 1he/2he enfo will Od a pure 2he enfo by 30-40% i would asume since 1he perks can be used twice beofre a 2he perkline is ready.

The question is Not what setup does more damage cause there is no doubt.. but the real question is, is it worth giving Up 3-4k HP and plenty of healing or a Stun to gain this damage.. in some situations its better but in others worse. Pvm damage is good but if u dont have the HP to backup the tanking your no good :P... But its not so much a problem in pvm since 4k outa 35ish isnt that much.. but in pvp it could be life and death plenty of times. unless u are able to kill the prof before u fall.

1hb/1he, normal tanking setup. Killed 2 ado hecks, 45 secs on one, 46 secs on the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by marbreth View Post
    ive been useing this setup for a few days now.. and there is no question that u do much more damage with both 1he/2he.. and if u use mongoos or axe hotswop time is faster then 4 seconds.. and u just need to equip it for 2-3 seconds get those perks charged then back to 2he sinec the regular damage of the 1he is really really REALLY Gimp. And u forgot to mention Sneak attack could be 13k. which is more then hotswoping 2-3 times... I have Same sneak attack as the best pvp Advies. so in pvp it is pretty effective,,, but in Pvm u need to raise conceal. but i dont pvm tomuch so wont bother with that.

This setup does insane damage over time..testing the damage on 1 heckler doesnt tell u anything tbh.. because your perk recharge is 50 seconds on 1he, and 1min 40ish on 2he... if u wana compare damage u would need to do a mishion.. and the 1he/2he enfo will Od a pure 2he enfo by 30-40% i would asume since 1he perks can be used twice beofre a 2he perkline is ready.

The question is Not what setup does more damage cause there is no doubt.. but the real question is, is it worth giving Up 3-4k HP and plenty of healing or a Stun to gain this damage.. in some situations its better but in others worse. Pvm damage is good but if u dont have the HP to backup the tanking your no good :P... But its not so much a problem in pvm since 4k outa 35ish isnt that much.. but in pvp it could be life and death plenty of times. unless u are able to kill the prof before u fall.
    I am telling you it takes me 4 seconds to equip either the wolf or the mongoose. A little bar comes up in the upper left hand corner and an orange blob begins to move counting down the time from which the item is equipped. I have counted verbally, I have used a bot timer and I have even used a stop watch, its 4 seconds to equip one weapon. Unless you guys have some kind of equip time reducer than I dont see how you are getting less than 4 seconds .

Well sneak attack in PvM isn't really viable for an Enforcer but sure in PvP it is. You are right Marb, I probably shouldn't base the setup on one adonis heck but I figured since it had a large amount of HP (about 100k or so) that it would be a great candidate to test out the DPS for 1he/2he. So I guess it failed that test. I figured that in a mission the mobs would need a good amount of HP to give you time to hotswap and get the perks to land .

Marb kill a heck and time it please

btw how has it worked out for ya in pvp so far?

Was testing 1hb/1he alpha on AMSed soldier for fun and got his hp to half through AMS, only problem is most peeps won't stand still for 8+ perks.

It's posts like these that make me want weapon equip times comparable to the cyberdeck.

I don't think any prof should have to hotswap anything, even on various enfs and soldiers I never swapped to SA or AS weapons.

The fact this sort of thing can be done I would imagine is a good excuse to not give anything good to a prof...
    Last edited by Nanofox1; Aug 19th, 2007 at 21:39:17.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

We should be the master of melee weapons.. why shouldnt we be able to use multiple kinds.

Use multiple kinds...yes, and you can, but use them, or the most powerful ones all together?

With that sort of possibility of offence, I wouldn't expect to get any other kind of boosts to the prof, ever. Only nerfs for it.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    It's posts like these that make me want weapon equip times comparable to the cyberdeck.

I don't think any prof should have to hotswap anything, even on various enfs and soldiers I never swapped to SA or AS weapons.

The fact this sort of thing can be done I would imagine is a good excuse to not give anything good to a prof...
    if u wana wine about being able to hotswop u should start with everyperson and there mother useing aim shot.. which is BS, a keeper or enfo using aim shot is just stupid... sneak attack is ok since its mellee attack.

And tbh i didnt like it to much im reseting back to normal. there is no doubt it does way more damage and has its advantarges in some situations But overall in pvp there is just to many perks to spam to be effective while dueling. might work good for ganking, but i prefer to duel so im goin back to Hp.

No one said it was viable in every possible manner of play for an enforcer to nerf his hp (and probably nanoskills) and the minimal amount of healing we can do just to have a very powerful alpha. It would nerf pvm soloing quite a bit and team play somewhat and isn't worth it for the extra damage imo.

Besides if some enforcers want to take the time/farm/spend the ip to do so, why not?
    It would help out in pvp so you dont have to wait 2 minutes before heading out to attack someone again. I for one would love to not have to wait 2-5 minutes before trying to kill someone on bs. We don't get a fast recharging 30% special(or 90% like some) like most professions and we get owned by them 2x as bad cause of absorb changes and our hp.
    It would also make a better DD and people might actually want enforcers in there SK/DD-whore teams again cause they sure don't need us to tank nowadays.

I hope you are on the adv forum too, cause they got quite a bit of love out of the changes to 1he perks that enforcers have been asking for for years.
    enforcer.

Maybe you miss my point.

How many threads have there been about enfs nerf to defence and requests for new defences?

Go around using multiple weapon line perks for these huge alphas that beat most profs, and you'll probably never get any boosts, look at agents. What your aiming for is more in the direction of a nerf, look at those ultra low HP NTs.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post

I didn't hotswap, and a 1hb/1he setup requires other sacrifices. It all balances out in the end.

Here's the deal, I always been 1he, and I don't know what 2he damage per hit is, but 2k and 4k crit isn't that bad, so I'm not sure we're far off in damage. Though, do I have to hotswap to a 2he weapon to use 2he perks as a 1he enf? Doubt it.
    If not I smell a uber high alpha. <3

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=226044

User Wielded weapons & 2h Edged

sorry necc ^^

@ Nanofox

I think it isnt overpowered at all...
    I believe that we have more of a choice now
    You can choose to go defensive or offensive.
    If you go 1he, you will miss 4-5k hp 2x heal and a 250 HoT.
    That is a lot for a profession that doesnt have uber evades, heals or reflects.

You would be able to kill a bit more.. and with MR you would be a very good ganker.

In the end I would go for some survivability.
    Im an enfo in the end afterall...

and btw are you saying that we shouldnt use the best setup possible because we would be nerfed?
    Sorry but that really doesnt make any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    Was testing 1hb/1he alpha on AMSed soldier for fun and got his hp to half through AMS, only problem is most peeps won't stand still for 8+ perks.
    if you got brawler trained you can stun them for the duration of all the bigger dmg perks though

Quote Originally Posted by tehtweeky View Post
    if you got brawler trained you can stun them for the duration of all the bigger dmg perks though
    That's the problem with the setup(lack of perk points to play with), I'm really reluctant to untrain FoT but I might do it when doing a lot of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    I didn't hotswap, and a 1hb/1he setup requires other sacrifices. It all balances out in the end.
    I'm sure those 1 HP NTs sacrificed stuff too...like pvm completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    and btw are you saying that we shouldnt use the best setup possible because we would be nerfed?
    Sorry but that really doesnt make any sense...
    Using, I'm not sure of the best words for it...'unintended' set-ups I believe will stop the enf prof getting anything good in future, and perhaps a nerf to stop it. Lots of agents use SA, full auto, and dimach, think FC intended it? And how long have agents got nothing?

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast