Thread: Arrested!!

Arrested!!

(This is the exact same post I made on the forums over at www.counciloftruth.org ....I didn't feel like retyping the entire thing, hehe....so anyway....here's my story...)

Well...as many people know, today (May 10th) Dagget and I, along with several others, were detained by Omni-Pol Elite forces in public and kept in a prison facility in Omni HQ.

Dagget was detained in Newland City while talking to some Neutrals friends according to him...

But I, on the other hand, after hearing of Dagget's arrest, fled to Old Athen. Strength is in numbers, right?

When the Omni-Pol troopers landed to take me in, all hell broke loose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/scrn0003.jpg

Clanners firing weapons all over the place, screams and anti-Omni chants almost louder than the gunfire.

I didn't fire a shot though, insisting that I didn't want any trouble, and would simply go quietly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/scrn0004.jpg

Shortly after surrendering myself, I was transported to a cell...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/scrn0008.jpg

The door was locked and it was utterly quiet. I could see Omni troopers all over my map, though none of them moved.

After what seemed like an eternity, I saw movement on the radar - three Omnis moving in my direction. They said nothing as they opened the door...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/scrn0009.jpg

It was the Omni-Tek Liason Korbensen and Ivan Sergeyich himself, along with a burly atrox guard, who I won't name (You'll see why) out of respect.

Then....they interviewed me. The interview took awhile, and fortunately I was able to make a full transcript of the interview via a small device I'd hooked onto my armor several days before. Good thing I did!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...10modified.jpg

Here's the full transcript....

Korbensen: Good evening, Mr...
    Korbensen looks down at his wrist-pad.
    Nulion looks at you both
    Korbensen: Bibblewitz, I believe?
    Nulion nods
    Sergeyich looks down at his wrist computer
    Sergeyich looks at Nulion
    Nulion: I...apologize for any of the troubles caused in Old Athen earlier..
    Korbensen: I'm sure you do.
    Sergeyich: Yes. This is the man from the photos.
    Korbensen: I am Korbensen, a liaison from Omni-Prime and overseeing today's... small chats. This is Ivan Sergeyich, director of Omni-Pol.
    Korbensen: Do you know why you are here, Mr. Bibblewitz?
    Nulion: I do, yes. For the incident yesterday, right?
    Korbensen: Very good. Perpaps you're somewhat sharper than I gave you initial credit for.
    Korbensen: Doubtful, but anything is a possibility
    Nulion: You have to be sharp to get into Omni-1 these days...
    Korbensen: I can imagine so.
    Sergeyich snarls at the man before him
    Korbensen: In fact, such sharpness would lead one to wonder if you had done so before..
    Nulion looks at Sergeyich briefly
    Korbensen: Perhaps, say... on the day of Chairman Ross' speech?
    Nulion: On the day of Ross's speech...Well, I can say here and now, without beating around the bush, I was not there.
    Korbensen: Oh? And where were you, then?
    Nulion: I was in my apartment going over some papers for this month's upcoming Council meeting...
    Sergeyich frowns
    Sergeyich: Alone?
    Nulion: Yes, alone. I like quiet more than being in a room full of noisy people.
    Sergeyich: Very conveniant.
    Korbensen: Well, that certainly didn't seem to be the case the other day, when Mr. Sergeyich gave his address.
    Korbensen: Tell me. Why would you come, armed and armored, to Omni One... just to see an update on a man you supposedly despise?
    Nulion: It's our responsibility to keep informed, even if it means getting close to the information - closer than the source would like. My rifle though? I'd be stupid to not have it with me in enemy territory..
    Korbensen: Perhaps you could tell me what kind of rifle it is? I do have a small interest in weaponry.
    Nulion: My rifle? Well...Found it in the shadowlands about a year ago. It's very sentimental.
    Korbensen: Anything... unique about it?
    Nulion: Well, I can say it's rare and few people, if any, have one like it. It's why I keep it around so much...not so much as to shoot anyone, namely Mr. Ross or yourself, Mr. Sergeyich.
    Korbensen: I see.
    Korbensen: Well, then. Perhaps you could tell me how your little 'council' feels about this incident? And yes, yes, I've read your pathetic press release--I'd rather hear a more... personal side of the issue.
    Nulion: A personal side of the issue? That press release -was- personal. Dagget and I worked on it together in The Cup just yesterday, and we truly are disturbed by the shooting...
    Nulion: It can't solve anything, and we know it well.
    Sergeyich shakes his head.
    Korbensen: I find it so amusing that you both claim to have a sense of caring for Mr. Ross, wishing him well, hoping he gets better... perhaps a holo-card and some flowers are next?
    Korbensen: Tell me. Why would you care about a man and corporation who you have sworn to destroy?
    Sergeyich: I fand it amazing....You accept that the death of chairman Ross will solve nothing yet you still affiliate yourself with clan scum.
    Nulion: We haven't sworn to destroy it, we have sworn to work WITH it.
    Korbensen: By aligning yourself with those who would see us fall. So very, very amusing.
    Sergeyich 's face reddens slightly
    Nulion grimaces at Sergeyich
    Nulion: It's because we represent the Clan as a whole.
    Nulion: The good and the bad.
    Sergeyich: Alot more bad I would say. Traitors, murderers, terrorists...
    Korbensen: 'The good'. I will believe in *that* side of your group when I see it... and so far, I have not.
    Nulion: It's hard to get much accomplished in ANY direction with things like this swaying opinions out of control..
    Nulion: It's hard to see the good or the bad when you're on the other side of the world hearing about it on the news.
    Sergeyich: You claim to not be involved with the attempt on Chairman Ross's life and you *claim* that you had no bad intentions when you hid not ten feet from me fully armed and armored. Da?
    Nulion: That's correct. I even had the safety on with the rifle...and I assure you, it wasn't aimed at you.
    Korbensen: The fact that it could have been aimed at *all* is disturbning, Mr. Bibblewitz
    Nulion: Would you march into Tir alone, with no backup, no contingency plan, nothing to help you, and be unarmed?
    Nulion: I think not.
    Sergeyich: Yes as it is rightfully Omni property.
    Nulion: Omni property? *scoffs*
    Korbensen: Personally, I plan on going in with a hundred Unicorn soldiers at my side.
    Korbensen: But that's just me.
    Sergeyich: How easily you forget your history clanner.
    Sergeyich: Or should I say how convienantly?
    Korbensen: But we will save the history lesson for another day.
    Nulion shakes his head slowly
    Korbensen: Please, enjoy your accomidations, Mr. Bibblewitz.
    Korbensen: I assure you, you'll have plenty of time to get used to them.
    Nulion: I...plan to. But you can't keep me in here forever...
    Korbensen: Forever is such a strong term... and one that loses much meaning here on Rubi-Ka.
    Korbensen: You will be free when I *say* you go free.
    Korbensen: Anything further, Sergeyich?
    Sergeyich: A bit of advice.. No. A warning, Nulion. Dont set foot in Omni territory again.
    Nulion: We'll see.
    Sergeyich: Yes.
    Korbensen: Pleasure meeting you.
    Nulion: Well....I can't say it was good to meet you, considering the circumstances *chuckles*
    Korbensen: Hmph.
    Nulion sighs deeply...

After the interview, in which I was just left to rot in that prison cell, my heart sunk - I didn't know where I was, nor did anybody else.

But then, a miracle happened...That guard from earlier, who was at my captor's side as I was interviewed came to the rescue....I won't say his name, as I would jeopordize his life, and possibly others. That, and he specifically asked me not to mention his name...

Dagget and I were thrilled when we heard a voice calling out our names, and then the jail cells were opened. I walked out, met up with Dagget, then together we ran out into the open - Omni HQ - and we gridwarped out of that hellhole, and to safety.

Guard shouts: Dagget!
    Guard pounds on the door
    Nulion walks over to the door
    Guard shouts: Nulion!
    Nulion: Who is it??
    Guard: I am (name edited), I am here to get out out
    Guard: Please what ever you do, do not mention my name
    Nulion: *huge sigh of relief* Oh man...
    Nulion: Thank you...Don't worry, I won't say a word
    Guard: Ok
    Nulion gasps
    Nulion: Where's the others?
    Guard: There are still guards in here, so becareful
    Guard: Please just go!
    Nulion: Thank you so much...
    Nulion: Dagget! Good to see you...let's get the hell out of here!
    Dagget: yes
    Guard: Hurry
    Nulion: Looking for the nano
    Nulion: There we go...
    Guard: Quickly!!
    Guard shouts: RUN
    Nulion: We're out of here shortly....This is the fastest warp I have...
    Nulion: Dagget, let's just RUN
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: I don't understand...
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: What are you trying to say?
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: You shouldn't have come here, Dagget!
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: You shouldn't have come here, Dagget!
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: You shouldn't have come here, Nulion!
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: You shouldn't have come here, Nulion!
    Male Omni-Pol Supreme: You shouldn't have come here, Male Omni-Pol Supreme!
    Nulion: I've got your back!!
    Nulion: Omni HQ??
    Nulion: Let's go home...

And thanks to that soldier, we're alive to tell you about it. *whew*
    Last edited by Nulion; May 11th, 2005 at 10:26:37.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

((It was one hell of an event! I had a ton of fun ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

(Whoa, and to think i missed all this! Thanks for writing about it, was a very interesting read!)

((Your welcome, was fun to write ))

I...just have a feeling that even after all that, we haven't seen the end of this. Not even close...